Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% (3530 Views)

Arase Reduces Number Of Policemen Attached To Governors From 150 To 62 / Gov. El-rufai Reduces Number Of Commissioners In Kaduna From 24 To 13 / Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by AloyEmeka5: 11:37pm On May 07, 2010
Friday, May 7, 2010
Bauchi reduces number of pupils learning under trees by 40%

AGENCY REPORTER

Bauchi State Government said it had reduced the number of primary school children learning under trees by 40 per cent in the last three years.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/7/805.html

The government stated this in a special publication of the state's Universal Basic Education Board, a copy of which was made available to the News Agency of Nigeria in Bauchi on Monday.

The government was quoted as saying in the publication that more than 8,000 classes in the state were operating under trees as at 2007.

To reverse the trend, the government said it had so far distributed more than 150,000 twin desks and chairs to its nursery, primary and junior secondary schools, according to the publication.

The publication said that more than N150m was set aside monthly for the construction of 30 blocks of classrooms in the state in addition to the renovation of existing dilapidated classroom blocks.

"To further enhance learning, every primary school pupil was provided with four textbooks in four core subject areas in addition to exercise books and other materials.

"More than N400m was provided by the Universal Basic Education Commission while the state government procured N2.8bn worth of textbooks for both nursery, primary and secondary schools in the state.

"One of the compounding factors in the deterioration of education at the primary school level was the way and manner local governments handled the recruitment of teachers in which unqualified teachers were employed.

"However, with the enforcement of NCE as the minimum teaching qualification in primary schools, the responsibility has been transferred to the Teachers Service Commission to ensure full compliance,'' the government's publication said.

It further said that the state government had also raised the take home pay of qualified teachers with NCE qualification by 27.5 per cent while non-NCE holders were granted a 12.5 per cent pay rise.

"The state government has also made it mandatory for the more than 11,000 unqualified teachers to meet the required basic teaching qualifications within the next two years or be shown the way out.

"To this end, SUBEB is collaborating with the National Teachers Institute through its distance learning as well as NCE under the special teacher upgrading programme to achieve the objective.

"The government's investment in the education sector within this short period has brought to the state more than 20 trophies in various competitions nationally and internationally,'' the publication said.
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by Sagamite(m): 12:04am On May 08, 2010
I would like to see the quality of the buildings and refurbishment the have done for $1m a month every month for 2 or so years.

If it is the average Nigerian Jakande schools I suspect they are building, I would not expect it to cost more than $3,000 per block especially in the North with cheap labour. So 30 will cost $90,000 to build.

It would be interesting to see the pixs.
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by bibiking1(m): 12:31am On May 08, 2010
I bet they erected castles for class rooms for that amount!
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by AloyEmeka5: 12:33am On May 08, 2010
Sagamite:

I would like to see the quality of the buildings and refurbishment the have done for $1m a month every month for 2 or so years.

If it is the average Nigerian Jakande schools I suspect they are building, I would not expect it to cost more than $3,000 per block especially in the North with cheap labour. So 30 will cost $90,000 to build.

It would be interesting to see the pixs.

Na waah for you o; contractors no go chop? Na so you dey do? No wonder Alao Akala hates you from the bottom of his heart because you have a [b]backward [/b]non-chopping mentality. Dem build latrine, you complain; dem build school, you complain; dem buy taxi for graduates, you complain; dem buy ogogoro with govt money just to wash down their throat for hardwork, you complain. Wetin dem go do to make you happy?
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by Sagamite(m): 12:45am On May 08, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by bibiking1(m): 1:33am On May 08, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Na waah for you o; contractors no go chop? Na so you dey do? No wonder Alao Akala hates you from the bottom of his heart because you have a [b]backward [/b]non-chopping mentality. Dem build latrine, you complain; dem build school, you complain; dem buy taxi for graduates, you complain; dem buy ogogoro with govt money just to wash down their throat for hardwork, you complain. Wetin dem go do to make you happy?

lol,,,,now this was some funny riposte!
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On May 08, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

My fingers are crossed as I am also hoping we are not getting jakande buildings for $1 million in investment oooO!!! embarassed
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by AloyEmeka5: 11:56am On May 08, 2010
Kobojunkie:

My fingers are crossed as I am also hoping we are not getting jakande buildings for $1 million in investment oooO!!! embarassed

What is Jakande building if I may ask?
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by Kobojunkie: 2:21pm On May 08, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

What is Jakande building if I may ask?

huh? You do not remember the Jakande buildings?
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by AloyEmeka5: 2:33pm On May 08, 2010
Honestly, I can't remember them now. Any pictures?
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by SapeleGuy: 5:59pm On May 08, 2010
What have Muazu & Yuguda done with all the federal allocation money they received for the state?
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by Sagamite(m): 6:14pm On May 08, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Honestly, I can't remember them now. Any pictures?

Ahhh! See this yeye ajebota boy. 

The kind of boy that used to have personal driver to chauffer him to school in those days when I dey catch canoe across North Makoko to South Makoko for school.  grin

Here is Jakande:

Outside

Inside

[img]http://www.elanguages.org/images/45737/4[/img]
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by Sagamite(m): 6:55pm On May 08, 2010
Yeah, I was right.

As I suspected, it is Jakande schools they are building at 30 plus lets say 100 refurbishment for $1m per month.  undecided

http://www.bauchistategov.org/achievementsmallam.html

So, in my opinion, at best, roughly 60% of the funds is being looted.

But our moronic journalists do not have the brain to question things like this, they just report the junk they are given.  undecided
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by Akosbaba(m): 8:38pm On May 08, 2010
We know say dem deserve better buildings but even if dem build jakande schools,dem no try come see schools 4 mushin in lagos wey no even reach jakande buildings
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by AloyEmeka5: 9:24pm On May 08, 2010
Sagamite:

Yeah, I was right.

As I suspected, it is Jakande schools they are building at 30 plus lets say 100 refurbishment for $1m per month.  undecided

http://www.bauchistategov.org/achievementsmallam.html

So, in my opinion, at best, roughly 60% of the funds is being looted.
[b]
But our moronic journalists do not have the brain to question things like this, they just report the junk they are give[/b]n.  undecided

They were paid to report it; If they report something else, the politician who paid them will demand for refund.
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by AloyEmeka5: 9:26pm On May 08, 2010
Akosbaba:

We know say dem deserve better buildings but even if dem build jakande schools,dem no try come see schools 4 mushin in lagos wey no even reach jakande buildings

This is what they are building in Bauchi now according to my secret sources.
[img]http://www.oklahomafilm.org/photos/Killer%20Inside%20Me%20Guthrie%20Sapulpa%20Broken%20Arrow/slides/7A%20Old%20high%20school%20building,%20Sapulpa%20Sept.%202008%20137.jpg[/img]
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by Akosbaba(m): 2:02am On May 09, 2010
^^^Hmnnn,let's wait and see.
Re: 21st C Achievement: Bauchi Reduces Number Of Pupils Learning Under Trees By 40% by Sagamite(m): 2:15am On May 09, 2010
Akosbaba:

^^^Hmnnn,let's wait and see.

He is being sarcastic, mate. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some people are looting ove $600K a month in Bauchi.

(1) (Reply)

Oil Is Only 17 Percent Of Nigeria's Gdp - The World Bank / Is The Emir Of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero Dead? / Bakassi Indigenes Sue FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.