Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? (46457 Views)

Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: 39 Companies Express Interest In Constructing It / Nigeria Ranked 3rd Richest Country In Africa, Lagos 4th Richest City / Ambode Cancels N844b Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge, Terminates concessionaire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by AutoReportNG: 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2018
The Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge was conceived in 2008 by the Babatunde Raji Fashola administration, according to the ideal, it was perceived to reduce congestion on the already congested Lagos roads, reduces long driving hours at lots more.

The 4th Mainland Bridge is a 26km state of the art bridge designed to link Ikorodu to Eti Osa Local Government Area. The design was done by Kunle Adeyemi of NLE. Kunle is a world acclaimed international Architect, he designed the proposed 4th Mainland Bridge.

According to Kunle Adeyemi, the designer of the project, He said...

To reduce this pressure, we propose an operation – the 4th Mainland Bridge. The operation will be the insertion of a bypass; a bridge within the body of Lagos. In addition to this bridge, we also propose a new heart to support the bridge. This ‘new bridge and new heart’ in the body of Lagos will not be typical infrastructure; they will connect people in large numbers and improve their natural flow through a reorganization of vehicular, waterways, and pedestrian modes of transportation.

The 2 level bridge will not only function as a means for vehicular traffic on its upper level, it will stimulate and accommodate pedestrian, social, commercial and cultural interactions on it’s lower level – ‘Lagos Life’ – with its tropical environment and intimate street level exchanges. The Fourth Mainland Bridge in conjunction with existing road networks would establish a primary ring road around Lagos. This ring road will provide alternative traffic routes from Lekki to Ikorodu, Ikeja to Ajah, relieving the 3rd Mainland bridge of its overstretched capacity.

With this improved flow of people across Lagos, the city will be relieved of traffic congestion, will maximize its great opportunities and grow better.

Things, however, took a new turn last year that is May 2017 when the Lagos state government terminated a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with a consortium of firms to build the 4th Mainland Bridge at the cost of N844 billion. The MoU for the 36 km bridge, which two past administrations had promised to do, was signed on 25th May 2016.

The project was to be financed by Africa Finance Corporation, Access Bank, and other private investors who have already signified an intention to be part of the construction, while Visible Assets Limited would be the coordinating firm. However, the Lagos Commissioner for Waterfront Development, Mr. Adebowale Akinsanya said the LASG was shopping for new investors to take over the 4th Mainland Bridge project.

He explained that investors from various countries, which include South Korea, Europe, and America, had indicated interest in the project.

“The pace the old contractors were moving is not what we are looking for.

“Right now we are looking at many investors and the interests are high, I would rather wait till everything is finalised before giving the detailed information.

“Investors from all over the world are indicating interest, from China, South Korea, Europe, and America.

“What we are doing now is vetting through the process to make sure that we do not waste more time, very soon you will see work begin on the bridge,” he said.

It's being almost a year now and nothing has been heard, the question on our lips now is that, is this the end of 4th Mainland Bridge? Time will tell.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/04/lagos-4th-mainland-bridge-is-this-end.html

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by AutoReportNG: 6:20pm On Apr 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by three: 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2018
This is a tool for propaganda

They said the PDP goverment at Federal level frustrated it.

Now it's APC at Federal they cancelled it by THEMSELVES!

See, 4th mainland bridge cannot work under the ACN/APC in Lagos simply because you CANNOT toll a bridge UNTIL you have finished it.

Their kura PPP method used for Lekki Epe cannot work here!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by Eze4tonyTc(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
Apc#change.. PMB recession has caught up with the bridge

8 Likes

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by djevino(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
this is a welcome development
Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by TITOBIGZ(m): 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
ayo am falling,am slippin l can't get up, ago am falling,am slippin, I can't get up, nna get me back on ma feet so I can tear d sh*t up.

;'(

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by mejai(m): 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
the gods r angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by gmajor10(m): 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2018
TITOBIGZ:
ayo am falling,am slippin
l can't get up,
ago am falling,am slippin,
I can't get up,
nna get me back on ma feet
so I can tear d sh*t up.

;'(

We've heard you, One Year Jail term for you.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by Paperwhite(m): 6:39pm On Apr 05, 2018
That will be a fantastic idea.Nigeria needs innovative thinkers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by nonaira: 6:46pm On Apr 05, 2018
It is like this OP have been sleeping. Since I've been on NL, I've witness not one, not two but MULTIPLE projects opened by Yoriba leaders to decieve their youths into thinking they are doing something. They'll pretend they are bringing investment, loot most of it and noone would hear about it. Ask yourself Southwest have the most uncompleted project yet they keep indebting their future children? No wonder they delude themselves they are the "most developed" yet outside Lagos, their region and cities is one of the most backwards cities and towns on Earth. Their so called Ibadan is filled with brick like huts. Hell even so called Lagos was recently named one of the worst cities in Africa.

Wake up already. Yoruba people are the biggest propaganda laced machine on Earth. They look good on papers ONLY never outside. Ask yourself what happened the oil they supposedly discovered in Lagos? What happened to Osun having the highest GDP with all Southern region combined.

Keep wasting time trying to understand the mindset of delusionals. One day, you'll wake up schizophrenic like and screaming sophistication while suffering like them.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by AutoReportNG: 6:50pm On Apr 05, 2018
nonaira:
It is like this OP have been sleeping. Since I've been on NL, I've witness not one, not two but MULTIPLE projects opened by Yoriba leaders to decieve their youths into thinking they are doing something. They'll pretend they are bringing investment, loot most of it and noone would hear about it. Ask yourself Southwest have the most uncompleted project yet they keep indebting their future children? No wonder they delude themselves they are the "most developed" yet outside Lagos, their region and cities is one of the most backwards cities and towns on Earth. Their so called Ibadan is filled with brick like huts. Hell even so called Lagos was recently named one of the worst cities in Africa.

Wake up already. Yoruba people are the biggest propaganda laced machine on Earth. They look good on papers ONLY never outside. Ask yourself what happened the oil they supposedly discovered in Lagos? What happened to Osun having the highest GDP with all Southern region combined.

Keep wasting time trying to understand the mindset of delusionals. One day, you'll wake up schizophrenic like and screaming sophistication while suffering like them.

cheesycheesycheesy Why do you like looking for trouble like this? I hope you can stand when they start? I only ask a simple question and not a tribal attack. Pls edit and revert abeg

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by nonaira: 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2018
AutoReportNG:

cheesycheesycheesy Why do you like looking for trouble like this? I hope you can stand when they start? I only ask a simple question and not a tribal attack. Pls edit and revert abeg

I should not type the truth because some people maybe offended. Abeg, let it offend them if they like, It's the truth. How many white elephant projects and uncompleted projects do we get from them on this forum? Don't get me wrong, all regions leaders are guilty of it, not just SW. SW are the ones that does it the most. I pity their future children in all the debts they accumulated. Anyway, if the masses are okay being deluded who are we to question it. They love their daily doses of propaganda.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by bjayx: 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
Rail lines n water transportation is a better alternative.
Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by deomelo: 7:34pm On Apr 05, 2018
It Will take some time before this bridge get off the ground.

They still have to pay billions in compensation, deal with court cases and demolish hundreds of priorities.

It will get done, but not anytime soon.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by deomelo: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2018
nonaira:

I should not type the truth because some people maybe offended. Abeg, let it offend them if they like, It's the truth. How many white elephant projects and uncompleted projects do we get from them on this forum? Don't get me wrong, all regions leaders are guilty of it, not just SW. SW are the ones that does it the most. I pity their future children in all the debts they accumulated. Anyway, if the masses are okay being deluded who are we to question it. They love their daily doses of propaganda.

Lagos state is commissioning projects left and right and this ignorant joker is talking about uncompleted projects and white elephant nonsense.

If you are going to bark rubbish like bingo, why not just list the so called uncompleted and white elephant projects?

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by Dollyak(f): 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
TITOBIGZ:
ayo am falling,am slippin
l can't get up,
ago am falling,am slippin,
I can't get up,
nna get me back on ma feet
so I can tear d sh*t up.

;'(
DMX? Tired of y'all grin.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by lenghtinny(m): 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2018
For the future angry
Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by RZArecta2(m): 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2018
Why enforce a deal that will benefit Fashola when you can script a new one to benefit Ambode

4 Likes

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by MillionDollars: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
Its not really a very important project that is needed urgently, so wtf

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by desmond2pk: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2018
4th mainland bridge has always been a fraud by tinubu and his gangs. There was never a concrete plan to bring it to fruition. Anything that seem like a plan is a well planned game.
All these governors of Lagos are all enemies of Lagos. No concrete projects than painting bus stops and filling pot holes.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by donnie(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
Is that another island in between?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by ba7man(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2018
nonaira:

You're an 1mbecile. I'm not sorry to say that either.
The moment I saw this guy's first post, I just knew he had to be Igbo. grin grin grin

Dem use am swear for una??.....After all the hatred and bitterness now, he's probably in the southwest or will soon hop on a night bus to Lagos. grin grin grin

E dey dem body.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by Flashh: 8:19pm On Apr 05, 2018
Only if you know how much billions of dollars would be spent on that upcoming bridge.

I don't think that mission would be possible now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: Is This The End Of This Masterpice? by BafanaBafana: 8:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
Fashola.

The way he has been sidelined in Lagos makes me sad.
Tinubu now takes credit for his achievements

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Decorates 3 Injured Soldiers With Purple Heart Medal (Photos) / Photos: Jonathan Rides A Train / Suspected Owo Terror Killers Arrestsed - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.