Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Kudos:Florence Ajimobi's Continued Contribution To ICT Growth In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kudos:Florence Ajimobi's Continued Contribution To ICT Growth In Nigeria (327 Views)

Florence Ajimobi Can't Close Her Store For A Day To Honor Husband- Akin Abubakri / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Florence Ajimobi: My Husband, Abiola Cheated Twice And I Forgave Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kudos:Florence Ajimobi's Continued Contribution To ICT Growth In Nigeria by scoty2910: 8:22pm On Apr 05, 2018
Embrace demand-driven research, Ajimobi charges tertiary institutions

EDUCATION:BY QUICKSILVER

Oyo State Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, on Thursday charged tertiary institutions in Nigeria to embrace demand-driven research and courses capable of solving the country’s peculiar challenges.

He also urged them to pay closer attention to technical courses and ICT that would make their certificates globally competitive.

The governor gave the charge while inaugurating an information technology building donated by his wife, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi to her alma mater, The Polytechnic, Ibadan, as part of activities marking her 59th birthday.

Ajimobi, who described technology as the bedrock of development, said without deliberate focus on technical education, Nigeria would continue to produce graduates who would not be able to contribute effectively to the country’s socio-economic development.

He also emphasized the importance of ICT, saying that most of the successful entrepreneurs in the world made their fortunes through information and communication technology.

The governor said the state had taken the lead in tackling this problem by establishing the first technical university in Nigeria which he said was equipped to impart `practical and practicable’ skills in its students.

He urged the students to take the advantage of the opportunities provided by the new ICT centre to improve their skills.

The governor said: “Our new education structure in Oyo State is built around technology because the illiterates of tomorrow are not those who cannot read and write but those who cannot harness the power of technology.

“This is why I am calling on our tertiary institutions in Nigeria to embrace demand-driven research and courses that are capable of solving our peculiar challenges as a country.

“My wife has, through this donation, contributed to the advancement of technology in Nigeria. I urge you, the students, to take the advantage of this facility to horn your skill in technology.’’

Photo Credit: Tolani Alli

Re: Kudos:Florence Ajimobi's Continued Contribution To ICT Growth In Nigeria by yanabasee(m): 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2018
Low spec desktops.......

(1) (Reply)

Speaker Dogara Celebrates David Mark @ 70 / Breaking!president Buhari Officially Declares His Intention To Run For 2nd Term / What Buhari Should Do On INEC, Peace Corps – Kogi Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.