Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World (34052 Views)

How We Going To Raise Over 100 Millionaires in forex. / 3 Underrated But Lucrative Skills That Will Make You Rich / Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by BiafranBushBoy: 9:26am On Apr 06, 2018
This post is practically tailored to all those who believe that getting an administrative job in a company is their life ambition to become rich.

I will be listing out the several top skills that have created millionaires in the world today. This shouldn’t be rocket science because the process has always been the same.

- Get a skill
- Perfect it
- Find a problem that your skill can solve
- Create a solution using the skill you have
- Market it very well
- Become rich.

Is becoming rich difficult? Hell No. The only difficult part of this process is the first. “Getting a skill”

After a point in time, I stopped replying those who asked me questions like

“Please, how do I make money?”

The reason is that they always fail to answer the corresponding question which is

“What can you do?”

I will list out the top skills that have created millionaires, so I advise you now to learn it and start making your money.

Are we trying to copy them?

NO! These skills might look saturated outside the shores of this country, but right here, it remains a goldmine.

The average starting salary of a programmer in Nigeria is 200k monthly, which other skill can give you that?

This post was written by Chinedu Okezie, a Senior Android Developer with an IT firm in Lagos. I recommend this IT Institute for those interested in learning any of the skills I am about to list.

Let’s not digress further.

What are the top skills that have created millionaires?

Programming: Case study ==> Mark Zuckerberg (Web Development, Mobile App Development)

He was born in 1984. At 10 years old, he sees his father’s computer and learns to use it. At 11 years, he hires a programming tutor to help teach him. He starts reading a programming book called C++ for dummies.

With help from his friend D’Angelo, he starts perfecting his programming skills. He goes ahead to design a program that learns your music taste. Microsoft offers him $1 Million, and he turns it down.

He helps a firm (Winklevosse) design a dating site, after which he designs Facebook.com within a week. He gets $10 Million offer for Facebook and turns it down. He drops out of Harvard and moves to silicon valley.

He gets another offer of $1.5Billion from Viacom and turns it down again.

He gets another $1Billion offer from Yahoo and turns it down again.

Microsoft offers him $15 Billion for Facebook, Mark turns it down.

The first programmer he hired worked for just a week and left to open his own million dollars business named “Youtube”

Today, Mark Zuckerberg is among the 10 richest men in the world. Does it work for just whites?

We have the owners of VougePay in Nigeria, PayDirect, and several other businesses in Nigeria. (Infographics and other relevant links are on the blog. You can visit using the link at the end of this post)

Digital Marketing: Case Study ==> John Chow

This is one skill that has created more millionaires in Nigeria after politics. Thousands of youth in Nigeria has made so much money from practising digital marketing. As long as you surf the internet, you are making people rich.

Due to non-availability of details about our Nigerian Digital Marketing Millionaires, I will use John Chow as a simple example.

- Born in 1965 in China
- Moved to Canada with his parents at age 7
- Started his online business in his teenage age
- Dived into Digital Marketing
- Created several online businesses like JohnChow.com, TheTechZone.com, TTZMedia.com, DigitalFinder.com
- The moment he made money with Digital Marketing, he diversified his assets into other profitable ventures like real estate, stocks, bonds, etc.

Does it also work in Nigeria? Yes!!! People like Tobi Ashendi, Mr Alabi of Alabian Solutions, and several others.

Software Development: Case Study ==> Jeff Bezos

If you have ever heard of Amazon before, it was a simple software development skill that made its owner a multi Billionaire. Here is his short Biography

- Born on January 12, 1964
- Had an early love for computers and studied computer science at Princeton University
- After he quit his job in 1994, he decided to explore the untapped internet world.
- He set up his company in a garage along with a few employees and started developing software.
- They expanded operations, and eventually developed a test site
- After series of tests, Bezos opened Amazon.com in 1995.
- The success of Amazon (An initial test site) developed by Bezos was considered meteoric.

Nigeria is suffering a real deficit when it comes to skills in Information Technology. Extra hands are needed to explore this growing field of information.

Nigeria spends about $14 Billion purchasing software from abroad. If American and other foreign countries still need Information Technology guys to help grow their country, you should see the opportunities that abound in Nigeria.

My first software was sold to a Financial Institute in 2012 for $500,000. I am still enjoying the proceeds to date, and I want you to join me.

Remember to subscribe for more articles like this by visiting the source link below.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/top-skills-that-have-created-millionaires/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by BiafranBushBoy: 9:31am On Apr 06, 2018
Who wants to become rich?

lalasticlala
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by KingOvo(m): 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2018
Top skills that have made Nigerians millionaires/billionaires.
1. Politics- just strive to join to a politician party and belong to the top echelon of the political strata, preferable join APC, it guarantees freedom of corruption and steal as much as you want.
2. Affiliation with politicians- just know politicians in the right places and you'll get national assets, contracts on a platter. For further information ask Dangote.
3. Yahoo Yahoo- this is what is in vogue now, all you need is an Android phone, Baba somewhere or one Cele woman and you're game. For further information contact Opyzy grin

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by MillionDollars: 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2018
Yahoo yahoo, making a lot of Nigerians millionaires

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Peterpanny: 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2018
uncle ade is play that you day,come try am for naija you go program tire no be person go tell you say lagos sun day different from abakaliki sun.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by ClintonNzedimma(m): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2018
I love to code #iCodeInWARRI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by dhardline(m): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2018
4.Nigeria politician cry
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by PotatoSalad(m): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2018
Success in life does not have a particular formula

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2018
Politics:
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Khd95(m): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2018
cha che grin
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Truflame: 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2018
Will everybody become software developer? I think we should give suggestions that cut across other profession

5 Likes

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2018
How much do u hv op. See all this oyinbos they start from garage , know nobody but still blows. For nigeria if u dont have baba isale oyo lowa
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 3:43pm On Apr 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Who wants to become rich?
Very Insightful. Thanks BushBoy grin

lalasticlala
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Elijahrona(m): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
Cool. I'd like to enhance my programming skills
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by orijintv(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2018
You made $500,000 in 2012? Bros in one of your previous posts, you said and i quote " you got to know about programming and its likes when you were jobless after your Nysc and that was around 2014 or so. When did this $500,000 come to place?

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by SmartyPants(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2018
Tobi Asehinde not Tobi Ashendi.
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by xamuel17(m): 3:46pm On Apr 06, 2018
Coding is something that pays alot... But I ran out of it because of the complexity and how much u would have to read to be the best.... I choose hardware repairs, and I tell u.....I'm not regretting that decision....

Shout out to those nairalanders wey their head carry coding

4 Likes

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by chukzyfcbb: 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2018
xamuel17:
Coding is something that pays alot... But I ran out of it because of the complexity and how much u would have to read to be the best.... I choose hardware repairs, and I tell u.....I'm not regretting that decision....

baba no be lie, coding no be here. I try learn am when I got to if and else statement I begin see double. lool

I prefer networking and its configuration lingo. That one na just CLI commands u go learn which is much easier

1 Like

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Alphageometrix: 4:00pm On Apr 06, 2018
W
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by jgoody(m): 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2018
For your weight-loss management you can do well to click the link below
https://www.goodfitnessonline.com
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by adedehinbo(m): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2018
MillionDollars:
Yahoo yahoo, making a lot of Nigerians millionaires
teach me how its done to make money
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2018
orijintv:
You made $500,000 in 2012? Bros in one of your previous posts, you said and i quote " you got to know about programming and its likes when you were jobless after your Nysc and that was around 2014 or so. When did this $500,000 come to place?
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Doerstech(m): 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2018
Good
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Umartins1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2018
PotatoSalad:
Success in life does not have a particular formula
Bless you

1 Like

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by BiafranBushBoy: 4:21pm On Apr 06, 2018
orijintv:

This post was written by Chinedu Okezie, a Senior Android Developer with an IT firm in Lagos.

You will now blame Buhari for your ..... (make I no talk sha)

Read, you won't read!!! angry angry angry

#careless!!!

8 Likes

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Teejacks950: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Teejacks950: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2018
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Itimkpataka2: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

This post was written by Chinedu Okezie, a Senior Android Developer with an IT firm in Lagos.

#careless!!!

Did u quote Chinedu Okezie in the article u copied and paste here .? Nonsense...

Nevertheless Anything ICT has made a lot millionaires to Billionaires...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by banio: 4:34pm On Apr 06, 2018
Only the rich make money
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by orijintv(m): 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

#careless!!!

Boss. You no give credit na, how was i supposed to know? Still a big fan bro

3 Likes

Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Raxxye(m): 4:38pm On Apr 06, 2018
Thank you, Biafranbushboy, for sharing this.
Re: Top Skills That Have Created The Most Millionaires In The World by Buffalowings3(m): 4:38pm On Apr 06, 2018
xamuel17:

So are you saying the end point is yahoo yahoo
And I'm considering getting a laptop to learn coding shocked

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / Coca-Cola Accused Of Abandoning Staff Who Was Amputated After Injury (Photos) / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.