Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims (22136 Views)

My Car Alloy Rims Before And After Pimping / Very neat Gulf 3 year 2000 with Alloy Rims For Sale. / Types Of Rims In Cars, Their Uses And How They Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by AutoJoshNG: 11:40am On Apr 06, 2018

Your car rims and tyres are both essential parts of your car. They bear the weight of the whole engineering in your car. They are the only part of your car which makes contact with the road; as such, care should be taken when it comes to rims and tyres.

Replica or fake rims can be catastrophic. Some rims are bound to shatter when they are confronted by heavy impacts and large torque input. The rims susceptible to this are not good rims.

Replica or fake rims lack the proper strength within the production material, and they are not well engineered.
Flee from fake and replica rims. Always make do with OEM quality rims or better still, use the factory fitted rims your car came with. OEM quality rims can be expensive though; but you can’t throw away your safety all in the name of getting cheaper products just like the fake or replica rims.

It is highly recommended you pay for quality.

Remember, you may not live to tell your stories. Don’t be a statistics.

https://autojosh.com/deathtrap-buy-quality-rims/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by coolcentbigman(m): 11:58am On Apr 06, 2018
Thanks bro, for the lecture/enlightenment hope Nigerians will yield to this because majority likes cheap articles pass anything grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by captainking(m): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
Woa.. I never knew such things happen.. We learn everyday

3 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2018
I've seen and read about the first picture on many other forums, kind of old news already.

I'm still not convinced that the rims shattered as alleged. It is my opinion, and of others that I trust their automotive opinions, that this was an after effect of a crash. Not the cause.

That being said, "good rims bend, bad rims break".

I was approached by an offline potential client who wanted tires/rim. I quoted N700,000 and I promptly never heard back from him grin

If you value your life, just stay with your existing factory rims. The factory did extensive testing on them and they are safe. Nothing good comes cheap.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Kjnwancaro: 7:40pm On Apr 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:
I've seen and read about the first picture on many other forums, kind of old news already.

I'm still not confused that the rims shattered as alleged. It is my opinion, and of others that I trust their automotive opinions, that this was an after effect of a crash. Not the cause.

I was approached by an offline potential client who wanted tires/rim. I quoted N700,000 and I promptly never heard back from him grin

If you value your life, just stay with your existing factory rims. The factory did extensive testing on them and they are safe. Nothing good comes cheap.

Not even bumping into sharp potholes at high speed?

2 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 06, 2018
Kjnwancaro:

Not even bumping into sharp potholes at high speed?

Not even then.

I stand by my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by amiibaby(f): 6:57am On Apr 07, 2018
Ok
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Sparkle777(f): 7:01am On Apr 07, 2018
OMG, so there's a fake rim. Now why should that be? angry quite scary.

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 07, 2018
man!! shocked
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by YorubaAssasin: 7:07am On Apr 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I'm still not convinced that the rims shattered as alleged. It is my opinion, and of others that I trust their automotive opinions, that this was an after effect of a crash. Not the cause.

Alaye Egun... N700K rims? Na gold dem use make am? undecided 9ja market different from yankee ooo abeg. smiley

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by jaychubi: 7:08am On Apr 07, 2018
Buy toks rims n u shld be on d safer side

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by partnerbiz4: 7:09am On Apr 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Never seen that happen in real life here oo oga.

But why are alloy rims so expensive?
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by tete7000(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2018
Sparkle777:
OMG, so there's a fake rim. Now why should that be? angry quite scary.

Anything good that is made will have a counterfeit. Counterfeit exists to rival the original in a world full of evil. Same way devil exists because their is a God. Pls don't ask why I have to bring God and devil into this discussion. They are the primary reason for existence of good and bad, fake and original.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by bobnatlo(m): 7:18am On Apr 07, 2018
coolcentbigman:
Thanks bro, for the lecture/enlightenment hope Nigerians will yield to this because majority likes cheap articles pass anything grin grin grin

They don't!!!
Simply what they can afford

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by gonkin(m): 7:35am On Apr 07, 2018
700k for tyre and rims. That na money for 50 by 100

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by magicfingers009: 7:36am On Apr 07, 2018
EgunMogaji:

700k for what? How much are the tyres? Are the rims encrusted with diamonds?
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by okerekeikpo: 7:42am On Apr 07, 2018
Na Fulani herdsmen break that thing how rims go just break just like that?
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Temysteve(m): 7:46am On Apr 07, 2018
Op is advertising his market. Ok nah!
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by rifasenate11(m): 7:50am On Apr 07, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Alaye Egun... N700K rims? Na gold dem use make am? undecided 9ja market different from yankee ooo abeg. smiley

the tin no surprise you.. 700k for rims alone?. that's absurd
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by fortunejum: 8:20am On Apr 07, 2018
Iron rim is the best.
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by booz(m): 8:28am On Apr 07, 2018
Alloy rims have less load bearing capacity than steel ones.
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Ipfreely: 8:36am On Apr 07, 2018
A lot of scepticism about the stated price tag for wheels/tires here.

The figure could just be for the wheels, or could include other charges.

Don't just assume that things don't exist because you haven't come across them.

There are high end wheels, mid range and Low quality wheels, then of course there are knockoffs.

Vossen or BBS easily cost way more than the quoted figure, never mind their high performance status.

Rims and wheels are technically not the same

6 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by OlujobaSamuel: 8:37am On Apr 07, 2018
rifasenate11:

the tin no surprise you.. 700k for rims alone?. that's absurd
he said tyres and rim, but i still fear that price though

2 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by maskamdo(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2018
I have seen rims and tires changed for 1.2m naira

That was even way back in 2012

2 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Pennywise(m): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2018
If fraudsters can replicate a rim what stops them from replicating the OEM insignia?
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by psalmson001: 10:00am On Apr 07, 2018
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2018
magicfingers009:

I rest my case grin

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Gavel(m): 10:13am On Apr 07, 2018
magicfingers009:

I tire!

1 Like

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 07, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Rims and tyre Sir.

And that’s even cheap. There’s $350 rims plus $150 tires. That’s $500 per corner there. So $2,000 times 350 is $700,000 plus shipping and concierge.

Just stay with your stock rims grin

9ja market is same as USA. 9ha market, just like USA has different demographics wink

4 Likes

Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 07, 2018
jaychubi:
Buy toks rims n u shld be on d safer side

You mean fake toks? grin
Re: Avoid This Deathtrap, Buy Quality Rims by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 07, 2018
partnerbiz4:

Never seen that happen in real life here oo oga.

But why are alloy rims so expensive?

Because of research and development, production cost and brand heritage.

Some 3 piece Einkes are $500 per wheel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Seeks To Reduce Numbers Of Cars On Roads / Manual Drivers, Why The Superiority Complex? / Are There Cheap Nigerian Used Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.