Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Voters Shipped In From foreign lands for 2019 elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voters Shipped In From foreign lands for 2019 elections (340 Views)

Osinbajo: Nigeria Open To More Investments From Foreign Companies / IPOB Bans Buhari, Buratai From Foreign Trips - Nnamdi Kanu / Raymond Dokpesi Arrested In Abuja On Arrival From Foreign Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Voters Shipped In From foreign lands for 2019 elections by khalhokage(m): 6:51am On Apr 07, 2018
This is the saddening story that just popped up on my twitter timeline.

I made a chilling discovery yesterday, I traveled to Zaria two days ago. I met a young man of less than 30. He was a shoe shiner. He looked cool and calm. I needed to have my shoes done so I invited him.

While he was shining my shoes I decided to engage him in a conversation. While we got talking I noticed his hausa language, though fluent was not the kind we speak here and that made me curious. I asked him where he came from and he replied, 'Niger'.

Immediately I knew why his hausa sounded so awkward. Then he continued, "an kawo mu muyi Zabe ne", he said in broken hausa. Meaning, We came for elections. I was shocked at his comments. He pulled from his pocket a card that was clearly a voters card. He said someone came and offered them residency in Nigeria if they would vote for a man who would make them Nigerians.

According to him there are buses who convey Nigeriens daily into Nigeria. They are registered and given voters card. Their duty is to keep the current government in office beyond 2019. embarassed embarassed embarassed

I can't get the PVC I applied for for years now but a foreigner gets one without stress?!
We are finished in this country.

https://twitter.com/officialjoesam/status/982490002419576832?s=09

Re: Voters Shipped In From foreign lands for 2019 elections by bjayx: 6:53am On Apr 07, 2018
Shiiithole our country!
Re: Voters Shipped In From foreign lands for 2019 elections by Sunnymatey(m): 7:01am On Apr 07, 2018
Relate this claim with the current INEC registration statistics where the North East with it preset security challenges pull a voting strength more than dat of South South or South East. The core north are up to some mischevious agenda. Gudluck Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Lawmakers’ Aides Give Buhari, Osinbajo 7 Days To Disclose Running Cost / The Nigerian Youths And The Test Of Popularity By Kayode Olaide / Sucking Story - Buhari Leaves For UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.