Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday (3396 Views)

Houssam Diab, Lebanese Ambassador Walked Out On Reps / Tinubu, Ambode Sing And Show Their Dance Moves At Lagos APC Stakeholders Meeting / Ali Modu Sheriff Attends APC Stakeholders Meeting After Decamping From Pdp(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by AtomElect: 8:15am On Apr 07, 2018
DRAMA AS I WAS WALKED OUT OF STAKEHOLDERS' MEETING AT ABUJA YESTERDAY

For asking what appears to the officials of the Federal Ministry of Education a hate-filled question, I was asked to leave the venue of the 19th Stakeholders Meeting on Unity Schools/Colleges. The order came in such an uncharitable, direct and malevolent manner! It matched the same venom that gave vent to it. I was not allowed to pick up my files and say a few words to colleagues. I must leave, and leave immediately within split seconds.

What did I say?

Priscilla Ihuoma, the spokesman of the Minister has just announced what appeared to me, the information that brought me to Abuja. I was waiting for this announcement. I got it. I predicted the minister. She played into my hands. I had waited for an opportunity to share my thoughts on my hatred, opposition and stance against Unity Schools and the injustice in Nigerian education system. I missed the opportunity in 2016 and 2017 to present my views. Then, the meeting was a hushed one. This time around, we were told the meeting would drag to two days. And stakeholders who have views could easily share them as the Minister would entertain such.

Mrs Ihuoma, the announced the breakdown of the registrations for the 2018 Common Entrance Examinations. A total of 71, 294 young boys and girls were registered for the examination, a little shortfall from the 81,930 that registered in 2017. Lagos State hit the top with 24,465, FCT came next with 7, 699. Of course you know why? Igbos in Lagos and FCT are included! Then, she murmured a well rehearsed statement: Zamfara 28, Kebbi 50, Taraba 95. These three states came first from behind.
She went ahead to tell us the obvious: that the nation has 104 unity schools; that most of these unity schools dont get up to their carrying capacity; A budget, running into billions of naira goes into their maintenance each year and that The Unity Schools take up to 45% of the budgetary allocation of the Ministry of Education.

I was bitter. I was overtly burning with rage and hate. I couldn’t wait for the question and answer session. I did all I could to get hold of the microphone and finally, I got to the aisle, looked directly to the raised table and heaved a sigh of relief. I glanced through my notes and let loose the canons:

Why do we have 12 Unity Schools in the East where more than 50% of candidates come from? Mr Minister, why are kids from Igboland not given admission to those Unity schools that don’t get up to their quota/carrying capacity? Honorable Minister, can you explain why A young girl from Imo state,seeking admission into any of the country's 104 Federal Government Colleges (Unity Schools) must score 139 points out of a possible 300 to stand a chance of being taken. But her counterpart from Zamfara state only needs to guess two answers right?.Why does the young boy from Abia be denied admission even when he scores 198 while his counterpart from Gombe who merely wrote the examination ( but scored zero) is allowed to study in any unity school of his choice? Why do we have only 2 Igbo principals in the 105 Unity schools in Nigeria? Does this reflect intellectual preparedness or merely a reflection of the wishes of the leadership of the nation and that of the ministry? Why must the federal government set up a well funded advocacy team to persuade villagers, traditional rulers in North and clergy to encourage their citizens to send their wards to unity colleges while efforts are not made to accommodate thousands of kids from the East who are denied admission yearly. Our Minister, I hope you are aware that Last year, Nigeria’s four Federal Government Colleges did not produce a single candidate that scored five credits that included English and Mathematics, needed to gain admission into the university.

Hon Minister, i hope you are aware that, Federal Government Girls’ College, Bajoga (Gombe State); FGGC, Bauchi (Bauchi State); FGGC Gboko (Benue State), and the Federal Science and Technical College, Kafanchan (in Kaduna State) did not produce a single pupil with credits in English and Mathematics.

Honorable minister, I hope you are aware that In 2013, human rights lawyer and former President of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), Dr. Olisa Agbakoba, filed a suit at a Federal High Court in Lagos over admission inequality in Federal Government Colleges. The court declared as unconstitutional, the decades-long state-based, quota system admission into federal government colleges. John Tsoho, the trial Judge, in his ruling declared that the action of the Minister of Education in prescribing and applying different requirements for candidates seeking admission into unity schools is in violation of Section 42(1) of the 1999 Constitution. If this is the case, and definitely that is the case, Why, does the Minstry of Education under you refuse to adher to the court ruling?

Why does, Zamfara State, with 28 candidates for the 2018 common entrance examination have three Unity Schools, while my state of Imo has only two!!! Why do we have three Unity schools in Taraba ( that has only 95 students this year) while Enugu State has only two. Hon. Minister, I can go on and on to...

It was at this point that heavens was let loose. Stop there!!! Voices form the elevated table raged. It was amidst claps and jeers, heckles and clear disapproval from those whose benefits have been threatened; acclamation from those whose grievances have been let loose, that i was ordered and whisked away from the ICC, venue of the stakeholders meeting. No harm befell on me. I retired to my hotel room, got enough rest and made a Lagos-bound journey. I am sure, the organizers wouldn’t invite me to subsequent meetings. But who cares?

From Dr. Modestus Ezenwa

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 07, 2018
It was a hate-filled question, really. And you left the venue in peace You should have been flogged severally before being asked to go. In fact, FG stance on severe punishment for hate-filled speech should have begun with you. Nonsense! shocked

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by papoudaupolos: 8:33am On Apr 07, 2018
If you are carrying nairaland nonsense in to the real world, ur life ll be to difficult.

Most of the news you are seeing here are one sided reported.the findings were poorly investigated.
Blogs are the worst.
Leave your Bigotry here.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by AtomElect: 8:35am On Apr 07, 2018
papoudaupolos:
If you are carrying nairaland nonsense in to the real world, ur life ll be to difficult.

Most of the news you are seeing here are one sided reported.the findings were poorly investigated.
Blogs are the worst.
Leave your Bigotry here.
Did you read the post at all?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by vanunu: 8:44am On Apr 07, 2018
Nigeria is indeed a rogue state.
Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by papoudaupolos: 8:47am On Apr 07, 2018
AtomElect:

Did you read the post at all?
All that you said there was reported earlier.
And without making any investigation on finding the fact, instead you just picked a news report went into meeting with it.

Did you travelled to kebbi taraba and zamfara to find out the percentage of ur people in their unity schools?

All the points you raises there was based on poor information.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 07, 2018
Dis-Unity Schools should be handed over to state governments.

Imagine 45% of the allocation for education going to these monstrosities
Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Throwback: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2018

I was waiting for this announcement. I got it. I predicted the minister. She played into my hands. I had waited for an opportunity to share my thoughts on my hatred, opposition and stance against Unity Schools and the injustice in Nigerian education system.

I was bitter. I was overtly burning with rage and hate. I couldn’t wait for the question and answer session. I did all I could to get hold of the microphone and finally, I got to the aisle, looked directly to the raised table and heaved a sigh of relief. I glanced through my notes and let loose the canons:

Why do we have 12 Unity Schools in the East where more than 50% of candidates come from? Mr Minister, why are kids from Igboland not given admission to those Unity schools that don’t get up to their quota/carrying capacity? Honorable Minister, can you explain why A young girl from Imo state,seeking admission into any of the country's 104 Federal Government Colleges (Unity Schools) must score 139 points out of a possible 300 to stand a chance of being taken. But her counterpart from Zamfara state only needs to guess two answers right?.Why does the young boy from Abia be denied admission even when he scores 198 while his counterpart from Gombe who merely wrote the examination ( but scored zero) is allowed to study in any unity school of his choice? Why do we have only 2 Igbo principals in the 105 Unity schools in Nigeria?

How can someone admit he was arguing from a position of hatred and bitterness, then betrayed his ignorance, yet surprised he was thrown out of the meeting?

Again Igbos and their love for delusional statistics. Claiming that 50% of the applicants are Igbos is a lie that even shows that there is no educational infrastructure in the East, as such the Igbos are hellbent that their kids must only be educated at the federal unity schools that enjoy a federal subsidy and already have a fair allocation of admission slots for all the states of the federation, to reflect the intention of national unity among the children from the diverse tribes of Nigeria.

But the greedy Igbos want it all, failing to understand that this is not a competition between tribes, but a federal government programme that is deliberately designed to be inclusive of all Nigerians, and not a winner takes all approach that Igbos have falsely attached to these schools, which are not the only secondary schools in Nigeria, nor do they even make up to 1% of the secondary schools that a brilliant Igbo child can attend and pay fees accordingly.

That states from the south have higher applicants and better scores results to the high cutoff for the south as opposed to the North. This is because you cannot exceed your already allocated quota even if all southerners score a perfect 100%, only the allocated number of slots already given to the respective states in the South can be filled.

No matter how this matter is diced, the South always have more applicants and eventually more admissions than the North, who have shown time and time again that they are still lagging behind even in the application, talkless of admission. The slots not taken up by the Northern states that do not fulfill their assigned quota, is reassigned to the rest of the North, then if still unfulfilled, will be reassigned to the same South that has already fulfilled their own quota in a fairly contributive education programme.

But the bitter, hateful and greedy Igbos will always lament and wail endlessly despite already fulfilling their own quota in the programme.

I find it hard to believe the rest of the litany of misinformation you listed, when you already lied that there are only 2 Igbo principals in the Federal unity school system?

Are you saying that the principals of the schools in the East are not Igbos?

Why lament over having 12 unity schools for 5 Igbo states? It simply means each of the 5 states have at least 2 unity schools, and 2 out of 5 Igbo states actually have 3 unity schools. This is the standard in all the other 6 regions of Nigeria where most states have 2 unity schools, but a few have 3 unity schools. So why this lamentation borne out of greed to have it all? Must the Igbos always crave to be the victims of any policy their imagination can produce?

For all the shortcomings you mentioned which I find to be absurd if true, what roles did the many Igbo ministers of Education during the Obasanjo regime do to rectify them.

Prof. Fabian Osuji
Prof. Chinwe Obaji
Dr Oby Ezekwesili.

What did the Igbo beloved Jonathan do to rectify them? What exactly did SGF Anyim Pius Anyim do to rectify them?

Are you saying that the unity schools in the North are left empty without students from the south despite being applied to by candidates from the South?

If indeed they are true allegations.

My position on quota system for Unity schools is well known on this forum.
That you still had to go there to ask why there is low cutoff for Zamfara versus high cutoff for Abia or IMO or Lagos or Ogun, already suggests that you were too ignorant to even be discussing unity school admission policy.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by lastmessenger: 9:15am On Apr 07, 2018
The more reason why the country will only get worse as time goes on. Whereby mediocrity is celebrated over excellence the only result is backwardness and running around the circle while the rest of the world makes progress.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by eagleeye2: 9:25am On Apr 07, 2018
the nepotism and outright injustices in the Nigerian system is too glaring that even the blind see it. Nothing is done on merit anymore. That is why we are where we are, and will keep going in cycles.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by eagleeye2: 9:27am On Apr 07, 2018
lastmessenger:
The more reason why the country will only get worse as time goes on. Whereby mediocrity is celebrated over excellence the only result is backwardness and running around the circle while the rest of the world makes progress.
Exactly.
The very reason why, a Professor of Law will be the vice president while the NEPA bill certificate holder is the president. The South are too blind to see these things and too greedy to help correct it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by vanunu: 9:29am On Apr 07, 2018
Throwback:

How can someone admit he was arguing from a position of hatred and bitterness, then betrayed his ignorance, yet surprised he was thrown out of the meeting?

Again Igbos and their love for delusional statistics. Claiming that 50% of the applicants are Igbos is a lie that even shows that there is no educational infrastructure in the East, as such the Igbos are hellbent that their kids must only be educated at the federal unity schools that enjoy a federal subsidy and already as a fair allocation of admission slots for all the states of the federation, to reflect the intention of national unity among the children from the diverse tribes of Nigeria.

But the greedy Igbos want it all, failing to understand that this is not a competition between tribes, but a federal government programme that is deliberately designed to be inclusive of all Nigerians, and not a winner takes all approach that Igbos have falsely attached to these schools, which are not the only secondary schools in Nigeria, nor do they even make up to 1% of the secondary schools that a brilliant Igbo child can attend and pay fees accordingly.

I find it hard to believe the rest of the litany of misinformation you listed, when you already lied that there are only 2 Igbo principals in the Federal unity school system?

Are you saying that the principals of the schools in the East are not Igbos?

For all the shortcomings you mentioned which I find to be absurd if true, what roles did the many Igbo ministers of Education during the Obasanjo regime do to rectify them.

Prof. Fabian Osuji
Prof. Chinwe Obaji
Dr Oby Ezekwesili.

What did the Igbo beloved Jonathan do to rectify them? What exactly did SGF Anyim Pius Anyim do to rectify them?

Are you saying that the unity schools in the North are left empty without students from the south despite being applied to by candidates from the South?

If indeed they are true allegations.

My position on quota system for Unity schools is well known on this forum.
That you still had to go there to ask why there is low cutoff for Zamfara versus high cutoff for Abia or IMO or Lagos or Ogun, already suggests that you were too ignorant to even be discussing unity school admission policy.

You are a big fool, your Nigeria is a big shithole because people like you who don't believe in competition and natural justice.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Throwback: 9:36am On Apr 07, 2018
eagleeye2:
the nepotism and outright injustices in the Nigerian system is too glaring that even the blind see it. Nothing is done on merit anymore. That is why we are where we are, and will keep going in cycles.

Unity school is about fair contribution by all states in Nigeria.

Perish the thought that it is a merit based system federally.

It is only a merit based system within each state that is fulfilling its own quota, as such, a boy from Abia who scores 80% is expected to be admitted ahead of another boy from the same Abia who scores 75%.

Abia is not in competition with Zamfara or Kano or Lagos or Anambra.

Each state is in competition within itself to fulfill the admission slots already fairly allocated.

Whatever cutoff it requires for Abia to fulfill its own slot is of no relevance to Zamfara which will never fulfill its own admission slots because the applicants are no where to be found, and not all who applied would even accept the offer.

The unity school system is not a merit based system, when diversity is the purpose of the programme.

It is also not a matter of force to attend a unity school. Failure to gain admission into the special programme means you did not measure up to the standards of your own state, so you could not be part of your state's quota. Then you simply proceed to the many state public schools and private schools and pay the unsubsidized fees and move on with your life.

There are too many secondary schools in Nigeria, for the lack of admission to federal unity school to become a stumbling block or educational marginalization of any tribe in Nigeria.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Throwback: 9:39am On Apr 07, 2018
vanunu:

You are a big fool, your Nigeria is a big shithole because people like you who don't believe in competition and natural justice.

There is competition in all other public and private secondary schools in Nigeria.

Unity school is not for competition but for unity in diversity. It was established for the purpose of unity and not for Igbo competition. You can go compete in the many private schools that abound, and pay school fees that are not subsidized by the federal government.

It is not compulsory to attend the unity schools that are not up to 1% of secondary schools in Nigeria.

I believe in competition so I did not attend a unity school.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Doerstech(m): 10:15am On Apr 07, 2018
One of the injustices in LIENigeria......this is a FP Post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by GavelSlam: 10:33am On Apr 07, 2018
They should have flung his files out the window.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Notmyproblem: 10:38am On Apr 07, 2018
Throwback:

Unity school is about fair contribution by all states in Nigeria.

Perish the thought that it is a merit based system federally.

It is only a merit based system within each state that is fulfilling its own quota, as such, a boy from Abia who scores 80% is expected to be admitted ahead of another boy from the same Abia who scores 75%.

Abia is not in competition with Zamfara or Kano or Lagos or Anambra.

Each state is in competition within itself to fulfill the admission slots already fairly allocated.

Whatever cutoff it requires for Abia to fulfill its own slot is of no relevance to Zamfara which will never fulfill its own admission slots because the applicants are no where to be found, and not all who applied would even accept the offer.

The unity school system is not a merit based system, when diversity is the purpose of the programme.

It is also not a matter of force to attend a unity school. Failure to gain admission into the special programme means you did not measure up to the standards of your own state, so you could not be part of your state's quota. Then you simply proceed to the many state public schools and private schools and pay the unsubsidized fees and move on with your life.

There are too many secondary schools in Nigeria, for the lack of admission to federal unity school to become a stumbling block or educational marginalization of any tribe in Nigeria.

Your type are the problem with Nigeria. How can you write those trash up there in support of an oppressive system. Let assume that the equality is within state like you are insinuating since it is obvious that the demand for education and unity school is more in Lagos and no one cares to attend the one in Zamfara why not close two in Zamfara and increase the number in Lagoas State by two rather than leaving three schools for 28 students unless you wan to tell me that funding of such school is at state level? Why can't the FG re-allocate the resources where it is duly needed?

Please to have a Nigeria of our dream we all have to speak up against injustice and oppressive legislation. Because if any part of the country is functioning at it's full potential everyone will benefit from it, look at Lagos for instance everyone is rushing down there to fight for their daily bread.

3 Likes

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Throwback: 10:57am On Apr 07, 2018
GavelSlam:
They should have flung his files out the window.

What better underscores his ignorance and greed as him lamenting that there are only 12 Unity Schools in the SouthEast?

This means each of the 5 states in the East has 2 unity schools which is the standard in all the other regions. It also likely means that 2 out of the 5 SouthEast states have 3 unity schools, which is also the standard for all the other 6 regions in the country, that 1 or 2 states in each region will have 3 federal unity schools.

I know Lagos to be one of such states with 3 federal unity schools (Kings college, Queens College, FGC Lagos, Ijanikin) where the rest of the states in the SouthWest have 2. I know Ogun has FGC Odogbolu and Sagamu girls only, I know Oyo has FGC Ogbomosho and Oyo girls only.

This method is what is available elsewhere in other regions of the country, yet the Igbos who are predestined to wail endlessly about all manner of imaginary marginalization borne out of delusions of self importance and sheer greed to have everything to themselves, would also seek to make themselves the victims of a Unity School system that is already designed to be participatory for all tribes, regions and states in Nigeria, and with equal federal presence in all the states of the federation.

By what delusion did Igbos alone account for 50% of the applicants in Nigeria, not even talking about Southern Nigeria? Going by the false statistics, I reckon in the South the Igbos accounted for 80% of all applicants for them to have been moderated down to 50% nationally?

So how exactly does having 12 federal unity schools to 5 SouthEast states become a source of hatred and bitterness?

It seems if the federal government decides to end the federal unity schools programme such that the schools become like every other public secondary school and private secondary school already available to the Igbos presently, the Igbos will still be the ones to lament that the new policy was designed to hurt the Igbos who were the ones benefitting the most from the subsidized unity schools where they are 50% of the applicants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by GavelSlam: 11:01am On Apr 07, 2018
Notmyproblem:

Your type are the problem with Nigeria. How can you write those trash up there in support of an oppressive system. Let assume that the equality is within state like you are insinuating since it is obvious that the demand for education and unity school is more in Lagos and no one cares to attend the one in Zamfara why not close two in Zamfara and increase the number in Lagoas State by two rather than leaving three schools for 28 students unless you wan to tell me that funding of such school is at state level? Why can't the FG re-allocate the resources where it is duly needed?

Please to have a Nigeria of our dream we all have to speak up against injustice and oppressive legislation. Because if any part of the country is functioning at it's full potential everyone will benefit from it, look at Lagos for instance everyone is rushing down there to fight for their daily bread.

Why not ask your states to budget more for state funded education rather than covet that of the federation?

Why is everything about your "superiority" and imagined "marginalization"?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Throwback: 11:07am On Apr 07, 2018
Notmyproblem:

It is a unity school system and not the secondary school system of Nigeria.

Why not that demand direct itself to the regular secondary schools that exist in Nigeria?

What is the purpose of unity when it is concentrated in only 1 state or region of the country?

The schools are present everywhere in Nigeria and in equal measure. Since we already know the Northerners cannot fill-up their slots nationally, and by extension the schools in their states would be empty, what has stopped Southerners from heading to those schools in the North?

No one has stopped Southerners from applying to Northern schools.

I know there was a time that the ministry would offer students admission elsewhere from their choice, having fallen short of the admission into their schools of choice, but most southerners refuse to go take up the admissions there.

Are you then saying that the federal unity schools in the North be closed up and relocated to Lagos, Ogun and Imo and Anambra?

Is that how the poor education in the North will be further developed? By moving the federal educational resources to the South?

Again I restate, federal unity schools are not the only secondary schools in Nigeria. We should stop making a fuss when we fail to meet up to the requirements to be part of our respective state's delegation to the programme's annual admission.

If you failed to get in, you failed within your state's allocated and guaranteed quota.

We should be more objective and less sentimental.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by GavelSlam: 11:15am On Apr 07, 2018
Throwback:

Why not that demand direct itself to the regular secondary schools that exist in Nigeria?

What is the purpose of unity when it is concentrated in only 1 state or region of the country?

The schools are present everywhere in Nigeria and in equal measure. Since we already know the Northerners cannot fill-up their slots nationally, and by extension the schools in their states would be empty, what has stopped Southerners from heading to those schools in the North?

I know there was a time that the ministry would offer students admission elsewhere from their choice, having fallen short of the admission into their schools of choice, but most southerners refuse to go take up the admissions there.

Are you then saying that the federal unity schools in the North be closed up and relocated to Lagos, Ogun and Imo and Anambra?

Is that how the poor education in the North will be further developed? By moving the educational resources to the South?

Again I restate, federal unity schools are not the only secondary schools in Nigeria. We should stop making a fuss when we fail to meet up to the requirements to be part of our respective state's delegation to the programme's annual admission.

If you failed to get in, you failed within your state's allocated and guaranteed quota.

Wait for it.

Any moment now you will be labelled.
Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
iamTeBz:
It was a hate-filled question, really. And you left the venue in peace You should have been flogged severally before being asked to go. In fact, FG government stance on severe punishment for hate-filled speech should have begun with you. Nonsense! shocked

I agree.

Very classless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Notmyproblem: 12:16pm On Apr 07, 2018
Throwback:

Is that how the poor education in the North will be further developed? By moving the federal educational resources to the South?

You allocate resources where is badly needed and where it will be optimized. If putting more in Lagos is where is badly needed and where it is optimized then that will be the best thing to do.

Alamajiri schools built by FG is concentrated in the North because that is where it is badly needed putting one in Lagos will amount to inefficient and waste of scarce resources.

In my post I didn't made mention of competition yet I only talked about the equitable distribution of resources to achieve max benefit I don't know why you are trying to change my line of argument the issue of competition and what is fair competition is a topic for another day. My question remains:

If the demand for unity school in the North is low why not channel the extra resources to where it is needed why still give Zamfara state allocation for schools that no one is attending while that of Lagos State is being choked up and running on lean resources?

Please acting like you don't understand basic economic principle unless you are from the same stock as Buhari, in that case I know that you can't help yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Notmyproblem: 12:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

Why not ask your states to budget more for state funded education rather than covet that of the federation?

Why is everything about your "superiority" and imagined "marginalization"?

Why not ask the Federal government to stop funding secondary education and allow each state to fund it? So that states can put their money where there mouth is.
Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by GavelSlam: 12:21pm On Apr 07, 2018
Notmyproblem:

Why not ask the Federal government to stop funding secondary education and allow each state to fund it? So that states can put their money where there mouth is.

Can you hear how silly you sound?

If you hear nothing it is because there is nothing in the head.
Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Notmyproblem: 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

Can you hear how silly you sound?

If you hear nothing it is because there is nothing in the head.

When you can't make sense of issue you start throwing insult around typical of Nigerian youths.

Of course it shows how daft you are, you can't tell that what I posted there was being a mockery of the half witted argument you put forward.

1 Like

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by GavelSlam: 12:36pm On Apr 07, 2018
Notmyproblem:

When you can't make sense of issue you start throwing insult around typical of Nigerian youths.

Of course it shows how daft you are, you can't tell that what I posted there was being a mockery of the half witted argument you put forward.

A guy has made 3 attempts to speak to your cranium what unity schools were set up for and what they exemplify.

Regardless of that, the only thing that speaks to you are your primordial instincts of hate and desire to appear superior.

Get a life.
Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Notmyproblem: 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

A guy has made 3 attempts to speak to your cranium what unity schools were set up for and what they exemplify.

Regardless of that, the only thing that speaks to you are your primordial instincts of hate and desire to appear superior.

Get a life.

You and the guy have been lazy to think for once, if you had put little effort into thinking you would have infered that policies are meant to be reviewed and adapt to the new reality on ground.

But you are a typical BMC recruit that can't think ahead all you do is say what it takes to earn your monthly pittance. No wonder our country is still stuck in 60's while countries like Ghana, Rwanda are making changes to reflect the reality on ground.

What do I know I don't work for pittance how then am I supposed to make sense out of the half-assed arguments you are putting forward?

1 Like

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Throwback: 1:01pm On Apr 07, 2018
Notmyproblem:

You allocate resources where is badly needed and where it will be optimized. If putting more in Lagos is where is badly needed and where it is optimized then that will be the best thing to do.

Alamajiri schools built by FG is concentrated in the North because that is where it is badly needed putting one in Lagos will amount to inefficient and waste of scarce resources.

In my post I didn't made mention of competition yet I only talked about the equitable distribution of resources to achieve max benefit I don't know why you are trying to change my line of argument the issue of competition and what is fair competition is a topic for another day. My question remains:

If the demand for unity school in the North is low why not channel the extra resources to where it is needed why still give Zamfara state allocation for schools that no one is attending while that of Lagos State is being choked up and running on lean resources?

Please acting like you don't understand basic economic principle unless you are from the same stock as Buhari, in that case I know that you can't help yourself.

If you chose to demand for Unity school but you are unable to get into your school of choice in the South, then head to the North and take up admission there since you do not want to demand for regular secondary school education that abound in Nigeria.

Will the relocation of poorly populated schools and educational resources already allocated from the North to the South going to solve the educational challenges of the North?

If you have already fulfilled your own quota of something that is diversely contributory, of what relevance is any further misguided demand for more of it?

Unity is not about having people come and learn about you, it is about going elsewhere from your own little and narrow worldview. Hence, these Unity Schools would continue to be present everywhere in Nigeria, it is left for those who love to demand for subsidized education to go and embrace the opportunity for unity that exist in the diverse places where the government has located such opportunities.

If you choose not to go out of your safe zone, then continue to labour hard to overpopulate the ones within your zone of comfort. That which belongs to a zone that is already disadvantaged will not be uprooted and brought to you because you demand for only subsidized education that must be to your own convenience.

I repeat, no one has been stopped from seeking admission to unity schools in any part of the country.

1 Like

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by GavelSlam: 1:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
Notmyproblem:

You and the guy have been lazy to think for once, if you had put little effort into thinking you would have infered that policies are meant to be reviewed and adapt to the new reality on ground.

But you are a typical BMC recruit that can't think ahead all you do is say what it takes to earn your monthly pittance. No wonder our country is still stuck in 60's while countries like Ghana, Rwanda are making changes to reflect the reality on ground.

What do I know I don't work for pittance how then am I supposed to make sense out of the half-assed arguments you are putting forward?

See this poverty stricken peasant talking about BMC and such.

Have you ever excelled in any endeavour in your life?

You are simply a bigot without restraint.

You will look for every reason to complain and throw up storm .

Nonsense.
Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Throwback: 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2018
Notmyproblem:

Why is it your problem if the federal government subsidizes education in just 105 schools that are run by it out of the thousands of secondary schools in Nigeria that are run by states and private establishments?

Don't the states have their funds to devote to education as they like and as they are already doing? or is it only because of federal unity schools that Eze was able to go to school or Akin could not afford school fees?

What is this obsession for subsidized education and wanting it all, without wanting to help achieve the sole aim of unity in diversity in diverse locations for which the schools where established?

Why the mentality of if we cannot dominate it, then we must destroy it?

3 Likes

Re: Drama As I Was Walked Out Of Stakeholders' Meeting At Abuja Yesterday by Notmyproblem: 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2018
Throwback:

If you chose to demand for Unity school but you are unable to get into your school of choice in the South, then head to the North and take up admission there since you do not want to demand for regular secondary school education that abound in Nigeria.

Will the relocation of poorly populated schools and educational resources already allocated from the North to the South going to solve the educational challenges of the North?

If you have already fulfilled your own quota of something that is diversely contributory, of what relevance is any further misguided demand for more of it?

Unity is not about having people come and learn about you, it is about going elsewhere from your own little and narrow worldview. Hence, these Unity Schools would continue to be present everywhere in Nigeria, it is left for those who love to demand for subsidized education to go and embrace the opportunity for unity that exist in the diverse places where the government has located such opportunities.

If you choose not to go out of your safe zone, then continue to labour hard to overpopulate the ones within your zone of comfort. That which belongs to a zone that is already disadvantaged will not be uprooted and brought to you because you demand for only subsidized education that must be to your own convenience.

I repeat, no one has been stopped from seeking admission to unity schools in any part of the country.

Since you are bent on twisting the issue my question to you now is: is it not part of the idea of unity school to bringing affordable quality education close to the people? Is asking people to move that far not in contrast to that?

Back to my main point the question you have been avoiding is simple: is it not economical and optimal to re-allocate resources where it need and where it will yield the most gain?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Was Duped Over N137 Billion In Purchasing Of 12 Super Tucano Aircrafts F / Politically Incorrect Jokes / Breaking News:Buhari Extended His Leave Notified National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.