Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Anambra Council Boss Beats Up Worker Over Whistle-blowing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Council Boss Beats Up Worker Over Whistle-blowing (549 Views)

Aishat Alubankudi Called A "Sex Worker" Over Her Throwback Photo / When Whistle-Blowing Is More Lucrative Than Being A Governor (Hilarious Photos) / Whistle Blowing: Bank Workers Under Close Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Council Boss Beats Up Worker Over Whistle-blowing by 360frolic(m): 10:46am On Apr 08, 2018
The Chairman of Anambra East Local Government Area, Pius Ifeadi, has allegedly beaten up the Head of Local Government Administration of the area, Mr. Chike Obuekwe, for raising the alarm over diversion of the council’s funds.

It was gathered that Obuekwe was beaten up after he wrote a memo to the council chairman to draw his attention to what he called massive corruption and diversion of funds in the council.

Ifeadi, known as governor Willie Obiano’s political son, did not take the revelation lightly.

“He invited Obuekwe to his office and attacked him physically, using his shoes and other instruments available, leaving him wounded, particularly in his head,” a source in the LGA told SUNDAY PUNCH.

Obukwe petitioned the Chairman of Local Government Service Commission over the attack.

http://newshelm.ng/anambra-council-boss-beats-up-worker-over-whistle-blowing/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

Obuekwe’s petition, obtained by our correspondent from the Local Government Service Commission read in part, “In the course of the discharge of my duties, I discovered that illegal collections were going on, particularly around the waterways by some people who were agents of the Transition Committee Chairman and I did my best to expose some illegal collections. I attach proofs of those illegal collections and I mark same Annexure B.”

Obuekwe’s lawyer, Gab Muoneke, had petitioned the Anambra State Commissioner of Police about the development.

When contacted on the telephone, Ifeadu admitted having “a little misunderstanding” with Obuekwe but said the matter had been resolved.

Speaking after he was discharged from the hospital, Obuekwe appealed to the governor and the Local Government Service Commission to look into the matter, especially the physical assault on him.
Re: Anambra Council Boss Beats Up Worker Over Whistle-blowing by remi1444: 10:51am On Apr 08, 2018
This inhumane... The council chair ought to handle the issue with caution, but he didn't and his criminal acts will be publicised eventually.
Re: Anambra Council Boss Beats Up Worker Over Whistle-blowing by OneCorner: 11:11am On Apr 08, 2018
igbo amaka.

snitching and violence is in our blood

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Council Boss Beats Up Worker Over Whistle-blowing by Redoil: 11:13am On Apr 08, 2018
Quoting sunday punch yet directing us to other sources
Re: Anambra Council Boss Beats Up Worker Over Whistle-blowing by naijaking1: 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
OneCorner:
igbo amaka.

snitching and violence is in our blood

Igbo wannabe, fake Biafran!.
In your part of the country, na skull mining go be next thing.
Re: Anambra Council Boss Beats Up Worker Over Whistle-blowing by OneCorner: 1:20pm On Apr 08, 2018
naijaking1:

Igbo wannabe, fake Biafran!.
In your part of the country, na skull mining go be next thing.
e pain am grin

(1) (Reply)

Alex Otti Needs Our Collective Help - Iheanyi Ogbonnaya / Video: Nigerians Protest As Buhari Arrives In London / Biafra: Despite Provocation, We Are Not Going To Use Force On IPOB – Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.