Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity (1511 Views)

If Heaven And Hell Is Real. What Of The People That Lived Before Christ Came? / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / Does It Matter That Buddha Came Long Before Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by onyerhuku(m): 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
Gud day, i recently heard some persons in my street arguing about eternity and someone asked what will happen to those who died before Jesus Christ came into this world that didn't hear or knew him? Where will they spend their eternity? As a Christian, the bible said in John 14:6 "i am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me". So those persons living in places that haven't heard of Christ and died or those that have died before Christ came without hearing or knowing him, are they automatically condemned or there is any hope for them?
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by enilove(m): 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
onyerhuku:
Gud day, i recently heard some persons in my street arguing about eternity and someone asked what will happen to those who died before Jesus Christ came into this world that didn't hear or knew him? Where will they spend their eternity? As a Christian, the bible said in John 14:6 "i am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me". So those persons living in places that haven't heard of Christ and died or those that have died before Christ came without hearing or knowing him, are they automatically condemned or there is any hope for them?

Those that died b4 Jesus came will be judged according to their deeds .
And those who did not hear the gospel will also be judged according to what they did.

You might say, " but they did not know what is sinful and what is not ' , the Bible says in :
Romans 2:11-16 KJV
For there is no respect of persons with God.
[12] For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
[13] (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
[14] For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
[15] Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one anotherwink
[16] In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

John 5:24-29 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
[25] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
[28] Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
[29] And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

1 Peter 3:19-20 KJV
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; [20] Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

1 Peter 4:5-6 KJV
Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
[6] For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Ephesians 4:8-9 KJV
Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
[9] (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

3 Likes

Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by marttol: 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2018
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by Auki: 6:39am On Apr 09, 2018
Anybody that believe and obey God, before, during and after Jesus will surely find mercy from their Lord. Worship only one God without partner.

God that destroyed pharaoh, Noah's people is the same God of today. No change in His requirements.

The idea that Jesus share or even own some of your creator sovereignty is stupendous blasphemy and utmost wrong. Worshipping Jesus as God, Son of God or part of triune God is sure ticket to Hell.

Be more concerns with your salvation.
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by enilove(m): 8:24am On Apr 09, 2018
Auki:
Anybody that believe and obey God, before, during and after Jesus will surely find mercy from their Lord. Worship only one God without partner.

God that destroyed pharaoh, Noah's people is the same God of today. No change in His requirements.

The idea that Jesus share or even own some of your creator sovereignty is stupendous blasphemy and utmost wrong. Worshipping Jesus as God, Son of God or part of triune God is sure ticket to Hell.

Be more concerns with your salvation.

That is what you were taught .

Who can create and give life other than God?

Who created the birds of the air ?

I need your answer , if you are sure of what you posted.
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by Gullah: 8:43am On Apr 09, 2018
Good question, I also need more clarification on this topic
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by lightinchrist4: 9:02am On Apr 09, 2018
The dead that obeyed God are asleep and waiting for the day of the coming of Jesus Christ to be risen while the dead sinners are reserved for judgement.
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by prinzfavian(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2018
According to Acts 24:15, they will be resurrected as unrighteous and will be taught all they need to know about God along with other righteous one under the rulership of Jesus christ for a 1000years....after this 1000years, the devil who has been imprisoned all thru the 1000years will be released again to test them (Rev 20:3,7,8 )... Those that fail will be destroyed in the Lake of fire along with the devil himself (Rev 20:9,10)... Then the whole earth will be filled with only righteous humans after then. (Rev 21:3)

1 Like

Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by Auki: 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2018
enilove:

That is what you were taught .

Who can create and give life other than God?

Who created the birds of the air ?

I need your answer , if you are sure of what you posted.

Life, birds, me, you and all was created by the creator of the Heavens and Earth. I mean one God, the forgiven the merciful.
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 10, 2018
God's intention is for US to live forever on Earth, so all faithful servants of God are going to live on this Earth.Psalm 37:9-11 God never planned for humans to live in heaven but it's Jesus that begged His father so that where He's living His corulers can join Him that's why He said "i'm going to prepare a place" meaning "before then there was no preparation for people to live in heaven" As for everlasting life, God gave US Jesus in person as a role model that anyone who wants to live forever MUST photocopy in words thoughts and actions.John 3:16-18 Whoever fails to do so will simply join Adam and Eve as DEAD forever! So no matter who that person is even all the faithful prophets of old must learn how to become EXACTLY like Jesus in words thoughts and actions before they can be allowed to live forever. That's why Jesus said "John(baptist) is greater than anyone prior to him but those in the kingdom of heaven(that have received training from Jesus) is greater than John!" Matthew 11:11
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by enilove(m): 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2018
Auki:

Life, birds, me, you and all was created by the creator of the Heavens and Earth. I mean one God, the forgiven the merciful.

I agree with you, it is God that created the birds , the heavens and the earth.
In the Quran , Surah 5:110 and 3: 49 , Jesus Christ took a clay , breathed into it and it became a living bird and it flew, is Jesus not God then ?

The Israelites had been worshipping One God for over 2, 500 years ever b4 the Arabs started talking about one God .

The problem with you Muslims is lack of spiritual knowledge .
Just as we will all say there is ONE PRESIDENT in Nigeria and can be said to be RIGHT and also WRONG , so it is in the spiritual.
The vice president is also a PRESIDENT and has POWER and can represent Nigerian at home and abroad , likewise it is spiritually . It does not mean we have TWO PRESIDENT OR THREE PRESIDENT. It is still one , but it will be wrong to say the vice is not a president, The vice is a president but second in command. The President can send him to represent him and people must honour him , as long as he and the president are united or ONE.

Jesus is the Son of God . The Son of God is God in all ramifications.
It is lack of spiritual knowledge to say God cannot have a Son because He does not have a wife. All the angels in heaven were created by God without a wife , why then do we doubt His power to have a Son ?

B4 Jesus came to show himself and died for us , he had been showing himself to the prophets of old in the Bible, like Abraham and Moses. The Bible had recorded his identity as a child of God b4 he came to die for us.

Proverbs 8:22-36 KJV
The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
[23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
[24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
[25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
[26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
[27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
[28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
[29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
[30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him : and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
[31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
[32] Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
[33] Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. [34] Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
[35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord .
[36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Isaiah 7:14 KJV
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

John 8:51-59 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
[52] Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. [53] Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
[54] Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
[55] Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying. [56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it , and was glad.
[57] Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
[59] Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Pls take your time and read the above scriptures .
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by Kobojunkie: 1:18am On Feb 25
onyerhuku:
■ Gud day, i recently heard some persons in my street arguing about eternity and someone asked what will happen to those who died before Jesus Christ came into this world that didn't hear or knew him? Where will they spend their eternity?
■ As a Christian, the bible said in John 14:6 "i am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except by me". So those persons living in places that haven't heard of Christ and died or those that have died before Christ came without hearing or knowing him, are they automatically condemned or there is any hope for them?
1. What eternity? God never created men with Eternity as a default - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 24. Recall that Adam failed to eat from the tree of (Eternal) Life before he was kicked out of the Garden of Eden, so there was no way for him to have had eternal life or for his descendants to have obtained it through him. undecided
19 You will work hard for your food, until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die, and then you will become dust again. I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.”
20 Adam named his wife Eve. He gave her this name because Eve would be the mother of everyone who ever lived.
21 The Lord God used animal skins and made some clothes for the man and his wife. Then he put the clothes on them.
22 The Lord God said, “Look, the man has become like us—he knows about good and evil. And now the man might take the fruit from the tree of life. If the man eats that fruit, he will live forever.”
23 So the Lord God forced the man out of the Garden of Eden to work the ground he was made from. 24 God forced the man to leave the garden. Then he put Cherub angels and a sword of fire at the entrance to the garden to protect it. The sword flashed around and around, guarding the way to the tree of life. - Genesis 3 vs 19 - 24
What is rather written in Scripture (verse 19 above) is that when a man dies removed from God, he ceases to exist i.e. he perishes in the grave. undecided

2. Jesus Christ told you in John 3 vs 1 - 21 and John 6 vs 25 - 57 that He is the source of Eternal Life and it is only those who are born-again that will obtain Eternal life beginning right here in this Life from Him. If a man failed to obtain Eternal Life from the source of Eternal life, before death of course, how can he be said to have Eternal Life? undecided
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by Iamanoited: 6:00am On Feb 25
RIGHT NOW, THEY'RE ALL IN THIS WORLD BEING RECIRCULED BY THE WILL OF GOD TO DISCIPLINE SATAN.

ORISA37
ODU-DU-IWA IS ALWAYS AROUND IN AWOLOWO AND OBASANJO.
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by Holyede: 11:42am On Feb 25
If Jews, they will be judged by the of Moses. If Gentiles, they will be judged by the Law of their Conscience.
Re: Those Who Died Before Jesus Christ Came Into This World, Where Is Their Eternity by Kobojunkie: 3:27pm On Feb 29
Holyede:
If Jews, they will be judged by the of Moses. If Gentiles, they will be judged by the Law of their Conscience.
Where is this Law of Conscience declared and defined? undecided

Also, how many times will God judge the Jews by the Law of Moses? He already did about 1900 years ago, but you are saying he will do it again, why?. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Renounces Prosperity Gospel, Says ‘holy Ghost Is Just Fed Up With It’ / If the ALMIGHTY is a GOD of Law & Order / Is White Wedding Biblical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.