Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion (38069 Views)

World Heavyweight Boxing: Fury Vs Wilder Trilogy Sat.9th Oct.2021 / Francis Ngannou Knocks Out Stipe Miocic To Become World Heavyweight Champion / Anthony Joshua Vs Kubrat Pulev: Heavyweight Boxing Fight On Dec. 12 In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by shapman: 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
Enlightened being he is... grin

Kindly spare a minute of your precious time to...

Check out this thread, you will love our little Princess and vote her...

https://www.nairaland.com/4414176/princess-success-needs-vote

1 Like

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 3:35pm On Apr 09, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:
Christians are always sensitive.. when it comes to God and what he owns.. if you discover medicine from plants, they tell you God is responsible because he gave you brain and without him you could not have done anything.. why not bloody create vaccines for AIDS and toss them from Heaven like you tossed Manna in the days of old.. abi Internet neva reach heaven...Hiaaaan

Of course God is responsible. How come the plant so conveniently had the kind of medicine which would be specifically beneficial to man?

Of course God expects us to make discoveries of what he has so graciously given to us. These DISCOVERIES is part of his glory. The fact that we know we did not have a hand in the origin of what we DISCOVERED makes it awesome and let's us see how limited we are and had w dependant we are on all the creations we have around us and how specifically beneficial they are to us.

The cure for HIV is already here but the discovery is all we are waiting for.

To discover something means the thing was once hidden often times in plain sight and only a deliberate search made it manifest.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by CAPSLOCKED: 3:36pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Atheism is gaining ground.
It's becoming globally popularly and surprisingly Nigeria has also caught this bug.

Only that Naija atheists are not real atheists; they
are mostly confused losts soul who think visiting native doctors and using charms makes them atheists.

Just a few of these self-professed atheist are logical, rational souls who understand the true concept of atheism.
You are not an atheist because you neither go to church nor mosque, you are an atheist because you are spiritually independent.

SOMETIMES YOU TALK WITHOUT WISDOM..
IN FACT, YOU ALWAYS TALK WITHOUT WISDOM.

THE PEOPLE WHO GO TO NATIVE DOCTORS ARE NOT ATHEISTS. THEY'RE CALLED "TRADITIONALISTS", AND THEY BELIEVE IN TRADITIONAL RITUALS AND ANCIENT POWERS.

BEFORE YOU EVER TALK ABOUT ATHEISM AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE, TRY TO HAVE A CLUE ON WHAT IT TRULY IS.
WE KNOW YOU'RE HAPPY WITH ALL THESE LIKES BUT.. YOU JUST HAVE TO SHOW SENSE SOMETIMES.

THANKS.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by superhumanist(m): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Anthony Joshua is not an atheist. His words himself are below
."

--------------- Anthony Joshua 2016
Ahead of fight with Dominic Breazeale for the IBF title.

Anthony joshua doesn't follow any religion. He is either an atheist or deist

1 Like

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by UDUJ(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SOMETIMES YOU TALK WITHOUT WISDOM..
IN FACT, YOU ALWAYS TALK WITHOUT WISDOM.

THE PEOPLE WHO GO TO NATIVE DOCTORS ARE NOT ATHEISTS. THEY'RE CALLED "TRADITIONALISTS", AND THEY BELIEVE IN TRADITIONAL RITUALS AND ANCIENT POWERS.

BEFORE YOU EVER TALK ABOUT ATHEISM AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE, TRY TO HAVE A CLUE ON WHAT IT TRULY IS.
WE KNOW YOU'RE HAPPY WITH ALL THESE LIKES BUT.. YOU JUST HAVE TO SHOW SENSE SOMETIMES.

THANKS.

cheesy grin Sometimes your level of savagery knows no bounds cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SOMETIMES YOU TALK WITHOUT WISDOM.

THANKS.

Shut your mouth abeg. You are the ignorant one. Atheism is simply a lack of belief in the existence of God or gods or rejection of the existence of God or gods. Other than this an atheist can believe in anything else. He can believe in ghosts, rocks, juju, charms etc . as long as they do not deify it they are alright with that so NwaAmaikpe is very correct and you are just ignorant on a hyper scale.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Martinez19(m): 3:40pm On Apr 09, 2018
EmmyDJourno:
Though a bit slightly off the mark

I think the core of the message is: drive your success from within, and not solely on the supernatural

But he should watch it, God dey like show people like this till them turn Pastor

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2018
superhumanist:

Anthony joshua doesn't follow any religion. He is either an atheist or deist

Atheists do not listen to THEIR SPIRIT. Atheists do not believe in FAITH.

Deists do not listen to THEIR SPIRIT.

I am sure you can read.

Besides he is simply following the advice given to him by Mike Tyson and I quote below

"When he focuses on money, or girls, or whatever it is outside of fighting, things are going to go downhill. You can only focus on fighting. No religion, nothing. You can only focus on that when the fight is over."

He is deliberately keeping the controversy of religion out of the picture but he is still dropping hints that he is very spiritual and full of faith and believes in the power of prayer. Something atheists and deists deny.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2018
100% right.
Everything is within.

1 Like

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Martinez19(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Useless shithole ignorant people wIll be shouting one yeye Jesus Christ on empty stomach now.

The people calling me athiest are the first to come and beg me for money. When i tell them to go and pray , they cry and beg even more. Thos kind God my people dey worship get as it be oooo.
I hope say you no dey give them.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by ogolomachi(f): 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
his religious stance should be respected irrespective of whichever gods he chose to or not to serve

1 Like

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Herrmes: 3:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
IME1:
angry
Hahaha
I hope not though

Samson comes to mind
He was strong, anointed for great things
But he did not acknowledge God till the end...

May that not be his portion
Samson as far as we're concerned is a fictional character, and for every one person who was first unbeliever turned believer there's another believer turned unbeliever or unbeliever remained unbeliever. The acknowledgement of the Christian God is not the only possible outcome even though it happens.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by CAPSLOCKED: 3:48pm On Apr 09, 2018
UDUJ:

cheesy grin Sometimes your level of savagery knows no bounds cheesy
LOL, MY MAN.. IN ALL MY DICTIONARIES NOTHING LIKE THE WORD "CHILL". smiley
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by mmsen: 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
JayRise:
He is a christian. By his name and him acknowledging that God has a hand in his career. He even played Drake's 'God's plan' song during his last bout. Check it out.

Believe in yourself. Use our free beat maker to make beats and sing your own hit song.

How does your name state what religion you are?

What kind of nonsense do they teach you people in that country of yours?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by encryptjay(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
So many religious fanatics wondering around the globe. Where in his statement does he suggest that he's an atheist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by olusayeroyagi(m): 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2018
HomeOfMe:
Everyone has the right to believe in whoever they want to. You don't need to convince anyone that there's no God. The way you call them fools for believing in God is also the same way they have the right to say you're a f00l for not believing.
#freethinkers
thank you bro we are on d same page

1 Like

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Chimezirim121: 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
WotzupNG:
World Heavyweight Boxing champion, Anthony Joshua has given an hint that he’s an atheist. This he did on twitter where he posted a picture showing himself meditating in a boxing ring, probably before a fight. The heavyweight champion who gained the title after knocking out Wladmir Klitschko accompanied the photo with the below caption.

The post didn’t sit well with some fans of his who wondered what he really meant by the statement.

See screenshots below.

https://www.wotzup.ng/anthony-joshua-being-atheist/
Your downfall just around the corner
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Of course God is responsible. How come the plant so conveniently had the kind of medicine which would be specifically beneficial to man?

Of course God expects us to make discoveries of what he has so graciously given to us. These DISCOVERIES is part of his glory. The fact that we know we did not have a hand in the origin of what we DISCOVERED makes it awesome and let's us see how limited we are and had w dependant we are on all the creations we have around us and how specifically beneficial they are to us.

To discover something means the thing was once hidden often times in plain sight and only a deliberate search made it manifest.

He would have simply sent an email with the formula
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

He would have simply sent an email with the formula

He has. Its called the power of thought outside self.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by pek(m): 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Clarinett:
He will loose his next match. I promise
So, when he looses his next match, it will prove to him there is God? Your reasoning is just too shallow. Anyone that believes the existence or otherwise of God is personal. It is his right. AJ his one of the greatest boxers of all times. Currently holds four of the five belts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by superhumanist(m): 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Atheists do not listen to THEIR SPIRIT. Atheists do not believe in FAITH.

Deists do not listen to THEIR SPIRIT.

Those 2 sentences are lies. Move along

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 4:34pm On Apr 09, 2018
superhumanist:

Those 2 sentences are lies. Move along

Really?

Quotes from Joshua.

"I don't have a preferred religion: I'd have to do research. I was born a Christian but as I've grown into my own man I don't attach myself to a religion; 100 per cent I have faith. Then it's locking into what suits me

And

Religion is supposed to be a positive thing. When you look at the true religions around the world, not the fundamentalists.

You always have to go with what your spirit tells you not what people advise you. I’m a man that will always follow my own path.

“One of my best friends is a Muslim guy and we were in Dubai, which is (in) an Islamic country.

“We were on a tour of Dubai and we went to the mosque and it was afternoon prayer so I asked him to pray for me ahead of the Klitschko fight, for good will."

This is why I changed your moniker to mumuhumanist because you are too dumb to reason.

So you see, you are not just confused and a mumu, but are also a liar for calling me a liar.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by MissRaine69(f): 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
Does it matter what his believes in? Nigerians obsess over the most mundane of things! As if knowing will improve your life?
Worry about not have any lights and no food, that should be where your energies should be concentrated on!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Welcomme: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
This only shows that both the atheists religious people on Nairaland are all illiterates. Didnt u guys see that it was a quote? He quoted someone from a book. To the atheists, the quote is actually from a book Buddhist (religious person). Actually, Anthony is a Christian and once said "God has a hand in his career" He said he goes to church with his mum but not often.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Kingsley10000: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Atheism is gaining ground.
It's becoming globally popularly and surprisingly Nigeria has also caught this bug.

Only that Naija atheists are not real atheists; they
are mostly confused losts soul who think visiting native doctors and using charms makes them atheists.

Just a few of these self-professed atheist are logical, rational souls who understand the true concept of atheism.
You are not an atheist because you neither go to church nor mosque, you are an atheist because you are spiritually independent.
so you're an atheist....don't you believe in church miracles?

1 Like

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by superhumanist(m): 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Really?

Quotes from Joshua.

And

This is why I changed your moniker to mumuhumanist because you are too dumb to reason.

So you see, you are not just confused and a mumu, but are also a liar for calling me a liar.

1. Joshua has faith in himself

2. He believes in his inner spirit

Those 2 points do not stop him from being an atheist/deist.

Kindly move along.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Kingsley10000: 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
why is it that most rich people don't believe in gods
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by MissRaine69(f): 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
mmsen:

How does your name state what religion you are?

What kind of nonsense do they teach you people in that country of yours?
That one is not educated save your energy.
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Kingsley10000: 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2018
why is it that most rich people don't believe in gods and God
Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by MissRaine69(f): 4:45pm On Apr 09, 2018
Butterflyleo:

This is why Africa will always be poor
The rest of the world has moved on from blind faith
Long live the theory of evolution, hopefully natural selection will take its course and all these inferior beings will be extinct.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 4:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
superhumanist:

1. Joshua has faith in himself

2. He believes in his inner spirit

Those 2 points do not stop him from being an atheist/deist.

Kindly move along.

This is your own fabrication despite all I posted. He believes in his inner spirit yet allows his born again best friend to pray for him while he kneels and also followed his other Muslim best friend to pray in a mosque. I guess people who believe in their own inner spirit still depend on another unseen force whom they pray to right? grin

And it also shows they have faith in themselves when they pray to God right? grin

Dummy overload.

Meanwhile he made his quote from a book and here is an extract

Respect the gods and Buddhas, but do not rely on them.
Miyamoto Musashi, A Book of Five Rings: The Classic Guide to Strategy

there is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists.
Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

He has 4 titles now and is aiming for number 5.

He is simply talking about FOCUS. Despite the prayers and faith, he has focus. Which matches scripture. FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD.

1 Like

Re: Is Anthony Joshua An Atheist? - Fans Question World Heavyweight Boxing Champion by Butterflyleo: 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
MissRaine69:

This is why Africa will always be poor
The rest of the world has moved on from blind faith
Long live the theory of evolution, hopefully natural selection will take its course and all these inferior beings will be extinct.

Theory of evolution is actually mostly blind faith. A lot of it is not substantiated.

Only monkies reason like you do and that's probably because you believe you evolved from apes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Rudiger And Emerson Palmieri Jams To Olamide's 'wo' After Europa Win / Super Falcons Resume Training As They Hope For Favourable Results Tonight / Real Madrid 3-7 Atletico Madrid: Diego Costa Bags Four Goal In Shock Derby Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.