Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers (11612 Views)

Simi, Others Gift Money To Wife Who Appreciated Her Husband's Christmas Chicken / Folorunsho Alakija Appreciated For Helping Baby With Hole In His Heart / Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Kindoo: 9:47am On Apr 10, 2018
There are so many things that are not automatic.
In some homes, the mother practically give her 'life' to see the children prosper while the father follow side chics or drink bear and party away.
You as the author, you will appreciate the one who give most and best to you. You may be writing base on your background, where fathers and mother jointly contribute to the life of the child but in many homes it is not like that.

2 Likes

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Prettyyemi(f): 10:34am On Apr 10, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

can your mom take care of those basic needs? undecided

be unbiased biko, nothing like secondary needs
just that Dads are too strict.
no,am not talking about being strict or not..
There are some mothers that are more strict than fathers..
So what are we now saying??
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by saobobo80: 11:02am On Apr 10, 2018
My advise to men is that we should be more closer to our children not only in finances but in everything. Some fathers play their roles perfectly well at home yet they are not appreciated. Be your child's friend and he would appreciate your effort.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Geesaintagape: 11:34am On Apr 10, 2018
That's y i will not divorce cos if i divorce i will divorce mother n children not just mother.
I cee many divorced home children always talk abt mummy but wen problems land mom will not b heard any more it will b wer is our father.
To me its d duty of d women to direct der children well cos most men are not always around.
When i was in school when ever my dad sent me money my mom would always asked if had tnk my dad for the money.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Rozaytee: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2018
Maxcollins042:
Why dear?
he never cared he left
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Rozaytee: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2018
daveP:
Any good reason why?
he left
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by AceKid(m): 1:39pm On Apr 10, 2018
ITS SIMPLE NAAA... DADDDYY JUST BRING THE MONEY N DAZZ ALL
grin grin
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by daveP(m): 2:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
Rozaytee:
he left
thats painful. I hope you understand why, even if it wasn't supposed to be so?

A father figure would always be there.... trust on...
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Ugosample(m): 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
Divay22:

When it comes to a child's love for his parents, it can never be equal.
The bond a child and the mother share, start right from the womb, so when the love is 20% for the mum, for the dad it might just be 10%.
So deal with it...... It can't be equal.

not always true
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Preciouzword: 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by bukatyne(f): 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2018
DoTheNeedful:

op is not talking about bad marriage here. You can open another thread about that.

@topic, Fathers are usually underappreciated. However, I think this goes to show that money is not everything. There are some psychological and emotional needs mothers provide for their children better than fathers that money can't buy.

The OP did not specify good marriages.

I gave one of the major reasons why fathers are unappreciated.

Like I always say, if a father did well, his children would appreciate him. Even if they have a demonic mother, they will grow to appreciate their father later.

1 Like

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by bukatyne(f): 5:43pm On Apr 10, 2018
Maxcollins042:

Madam this is a faulty generalization. Some fathers do a great parenting more than the mothers in a bad marriage. The greater part of the statistics tilts to either party involved.

A generalization? True.

Faulty? No.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Maxcollins042(m): 5:50pm On Apr 10, 2018
bukatyne:

A generalization? True.

Faulty? No.
The generalization is still faulty and baseless. Maybe you had a familiar experience and that's not enough reasons for you to make such assertions.

Make your research to get more facts. I know few women that are exhibiting the character that you are painting the fathers in here.

My Father shows me unhidden love as equally as my Mom do. I don't know about you.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2018
bukatyne:

The OP did not specify good marriages.

I gave one of the major reasons why fathers are unappreciated.

Like I always say, if a father did well, his children would appreciate him. Even if they have a demonic mother, they will grow to appreciate their father later.

Absolutely!

From my own experience, in our family we love and cherish our fathers and grandfathers. My grandfather was everybody's darling. His children and grandchildren did not only love him but literally worshipped him. This man did not only provide money, he spent every free minute with us. He took us to his shop, he let me sit on his lap and steer the wheel of his car, he bathed us, cooked for us, dressed us, took us with him everywhere and would beat the f*** out of anyone who dared to insult or touch us. Family was everything to him and he could see no fault in any of us, unconditional love was what he stood for. This is where I learned that it exists and what it feels like. Until this day, everyone, even the men in the family, have watery eyes when remembering him. No woman in the family can compete against him though there is no competition. He died at home surrounded by his family and he was pampered till his very last breath.

RIP my first love cry

2 Likes

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by bukatyne(f): 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2018
Mindfulness:

Absolutely!

From my own experience, in our family we love and cherish our fathers and grandfathers. My grandfather was everybody's darling. His children and grandchildren did not only love him but literally worshipped him. This man did not only provide money, he spent every free minute with us. He took us to his shop, he let me sit on his lap and steer the wheel of his car, he bathed us, cooked for us, dressed us, took us with him everywhere and would beat the f*** out of anyone who dared to insult or touch us. Family was everything to him and he could see no fault in any of us, unconditional love was what he stood for. This is where I learned that it exists and what it feels like. Until this day, everyone, even the men in the family, have watery eyes when remembering him. No woman in the family can compete against him though there is no competition. He died at home surrounded by his family and he was pampered till his very last breath.

RIP my first love cry

RIP to him from here.

Don't mind them. If a man is good to his family, they will appreciate him.

I have seen children appreciate fathers who did not have smooth relationships with their mothers.

2 Likes

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by toprealman: 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
Greene66:
Many fathers are useless.

Few mothers are useless.

So yes, #TeamMoms
If this is based on the impression your dad created...bro you are wrong.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Greene66: 11:28pm On Apr 10, 2018
toprealman:
If this is based on the impression your dad created...bro you are wrong.

Nope. I remain correct as long as you do not have any material point to tender against my claim other than commenting about my father whom you do not know.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Mutuwa(m): 6:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

You don't say? tongue
You got to be kidding me shocked

only if you choose to be a kid... grin
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2018
Mothers contribute love and affection during the child's formative years, when it does not appreciate that the father works and pays school fees, buys food and pays for the hospital fees. The child only knows that it is his mother that hugs him at night when he is sick, it is his mother that puts food on the table, and it is his mother that helps him with his homework. At this point, the child cannot understand what happens financially in the background, hence does not appreciate it.

If you want your kids to appreciate you, cry over them at night, bathe them every morning, sit with them and feed them when they are hungry, clean up their faeces from the floor when they make a 'whoopsie' and hug them to sleep and play with them all day to give your wife the chance to attend all the wedding parties she wants to, or to go out with her friends every evening (just like no one can question you if you want to do just that). If you feel that this is difficult, then let them appreciate their mother more...she deserves it.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by kunmisola(f): 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2018
My parents are simply the best, when my dad was alive he took his fatherly roles seriously with he and my mom both contributing to the upkeep of the home but since we lost him my mom stepped into his shoes and have been doing marvellously well without support from anyone except God. So it depends on your background cos it tends to affect your individuality.

1 Like

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Printerscanner: 10:46am On Apr 15, 2018
My wife wonders why I love my dad more than my mum. The reason is simple, my dad makes the money while my mum spends it on us the kids and on herself. My mum accumulates the bills while my dad pays the bills. Why then should I love my mum more? I am a very fair human.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by revolt(m): 11:14am On Apr 15, 2018
bukatyne:
In general, mothers will do far more for their kids especially in a bad marriage.

It is their curse and the recognition their reward.
well I grew up in a stable home...my dad was the hero of the home n even paid the ultimate price. Left legacies for us. So I'm confused here
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by revolt(m): 11:25am On Apr 15, 2018
NwaAmaikpe1stSon:
Bleep fathers.

I know there are good fathers out there, but what i pass through my dad's hands, make me to believe that all fathers are the same.

Maybe just maybe it wasn't his fault, maybe it was step mum that manipulate him, but hell no! he is the man of the house...i tagged him aweak man.

The only good thing that happened to me in this life, is my Mum.... that woman is a supper woman, she deserve every bit of respect from me. she sacrifices for me, so my days be better than hers. So fuccck fathers, i said Fuccck Fathers to hell.
all these ones raised by single mother's sef........always tlkn like women.. Guess ull b a mother someday.

1 Like

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by revolt(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

"Overhyped" you say?
Go and get pregnant and wait for nine months then you would understand the bond a mother and child shares.
u carry for 9months. Whtbout 21 fvckn years. Duhhhh.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by revolt(m): 11:32am On Apr 15, 2018
makavel7:
I was speaking to a friend of mine the other day who wickedly abandoned his father and was dotting all over his mum even recently took her on a trip to canada while the Dad is wallowing in abject poverty.

The Mum actually poison the mind of this dude cause she and his father were having a little misunderstanding. It pains me so much cause I know the Father in question and go over to see him once in a while. Whenever He starts talking about what his son my friend is doing to him I can really feel the pain and hurt in his words.
Men please dont ever abandon your father for any reason at all because tommorrow you are going to be someones father, think how you would feel if your own children abandon you in old age just because your wife turned them against you.

your friend is a fool. Yes dear hen you're young we all tend to tilt towards our mums but as u grow older n develop a mind of your own.... You learn to separate facts from emmotions. Thts wen u become a man.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by revolt(m): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2018
Jeferious:
Exactly. Fathers don't care about the appreciation. Even if they do, they act like they don't need it. Plus their general strict nature and business-like attitude towards their kids. It's absurd to see a father solicit appreciation from his children. It kinda makes him a sissy. Of course he is the god in the house, and a god is not supposed to depend on his worshipper(the children in this case) for anything. That's the thing with Fathers. They act as though that they are above the kind appreciation, thus it is useless to them.

Meanwhile, the favours that moms do come with some drama and emotion(Women and manipulation are like 5 and 6). It is this stuff that play on the childrens' mind to elicit those appreciation and encomiums mothers get all the time. In the end, it doesn't matter if the dad provided more favours; the mother always get a lion share of the praises.

It was as I got older that I began to realise that men endure a lot. To be a man is not easy. All men worldwide, both my enemies, (and minus kitten niggas that worship women)...I hail and respect you all.
thts y i look down on men tht their mums brainwashed. Really sissy guys tht can't discern.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Danhumprey: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2018
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by xynerise: 4:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
Danhumprey:
Mr Xynerise, please can I talk to you in private. Through mail. It's urgent.

Go ahead
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Danhumprey: 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
xynerise:

Go ahead
I just sent you a mail.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Pascopele: 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2019
cheesy cheesy
kunmisola:
My parents are simply the best, when my dad was alive he took his fatherly roles seriously with he and my mom both contributing to the upkeep of the home but since we lost him my mom stepped into his shoes and have been doing marvellously well without support from anyone except God. So it depends on your background cos it tends to affect your individuality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized / What Frightened You As A Kid? / Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.