Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers (11642 Views)

Why Are Fathers Under-appreciated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Divay22(f): 7:24am On Apr 10, 2018
ladiesreject:

Lol.
Can I see the head please?
This your moniker is weird o, lemme still join other ladies and reject you na tongue
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 10, 2018
Divay22:

This your moniker is weird o, lemme still join other ladies and reject you na tongue

Lol.
Ok
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Divay22(f): 7:32am On Apr 10, 2018
ladiesreject:

Lol.
Ok
Lol..When i put it, I'll give you a mention.
Have a nice day ahead.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by KhadyM(f): 7:35am On Apr 10, 2018
Haha true. Fathers should be appreciated as well. Anyway, it's just cause children have a special bond with their mothers smiley
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2018
Divay22:
Lol..When i put it, I'll give you a mention. Have a nice day ahead.
Lol
That sounds like a promise
But thanks, and have nice day as well.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by donb06: 7:37am On Apr 10, 2018
A Woman as a natural rule thrive where she is more appreciated.... If the appreciation goes the other way she might die of heart break and some of them will go all the way to blackmail the husband in front of the children to gain the better part of the appreciation... Another rule is a father's love is the tough type and therefore is underappreciated until one is grown.... Believe me when your both parents die the words of your father are more remembered because they were deep words u couldn't understand until now ure grown... This is my experience I just shared and whenever I remember my father i regret not giving him the recognition he deserved till he died. he never complained but it was written all over him yet we never understood.... I have braced up for same when I begin to bear children because that's why am THE LEADER

1 Like

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by kingolovich(m): 7:39am On Apr 10, 2018
Hurlarzan139:
Lol... Nigeria my country
ROFL
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Divay22(f): 7:45am On Apr 10, 2018
Obagreatdatoye:
the honor giving to mothers is an overhyped..they don't really deserve the encomium showered on them....equal praise should be showered on both father and mother ...
When it comes to a child's love for his parents, it can never be equal.
The bond a child and the mother share, start right from the womb, so when the love is 20% for the mum, for the dad it might just be 10%.
So deal with it...... It can't be equal.

1 Like

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2018
bummyla:

Behind every successful man there is a woman (Mother, Wife, Sister, Girlfriend, etc)
aa
Also behind every useless man, there is an evil woman or women!

Men are less appreciated because we barely show our emotions!

Thank GOD! we are changing now!

Men are becoming more involved in their children's life!

We don't just provide the money only anymore! We provide the care as well!

Your Mother carried you for 9 months abii!

Your Dad's pocket sustained & is still sustaining you till now by God's Grace!

I pray none of our Fathers' will loses this power to make wealth!! https://www.bummyla.com

During the period Bill Gates was building Microsoft, there was no woman behind him. 

Steve Jobs -- no woman

Larry Ellison -- no woman. 

Larry Page and Sergey Brin -- no woman 

Aaron Levie -- no woman

Dangote - no woman

but we all know that behind every successful woman there's a man

Behind every successful man is a lot of determination, years spent suffering and the urge to succeed. 

I could go on and on

Your statement is outdated

2 Likes

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by xynerise: 8:00am On Apr 10, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

During the period Bill Gates was building Microsoft, there was no woman behind him. 

Steve Jobs -- no woman

Larry Ellison -- no woman. 

Larry Page and Sergey Brin -- no woman 

Aaron Levie -- no woman

Dangote - no woman

but we all know that behind every successful woman there's a man

Behind every successful man is a lot of determination, years spent suffering and the urge to succeed. 

I could go on and on

Your statement is outdated

That statement is just so stereotyped...most women met an already successful men. They will also join in the bandwagon to quote that sentimental crap.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Prettyyemi(f): 8:07am On Apr 10, 2018
Lolz..
Mothers can never be compared to fathers..
I believe that mothers care more about us..
Dad is just keen on taking care of basic needs..
Mum takes care of secondary needs..
But I love my parents same way!!
No partiality!!
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by beejaay: 8:23am On Apr 10, 2018
NwaAmaikpe1stSon:
Bleep fathers.

I know there are good fathers out there, but what i pass through my dad's hands, make me to believe that all fathers are the same.

Maybe just maybe it wasn't his fault, maybe it was step mum that manipulate him, but hell no! he is the man of the house...i tagged him aweak man.

The only good thing that happened to me in this life, is my Mum.... that woman is a supper woman, she deserve every bit of respect from me. she sacrifices for me, so my days be better than hers. So fuccck fathers, i said Fuccck Fathers to hell.
you will become a father someday and it will be Bleep you too..QED!
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Ginaz(f): 8:23am On Apr 10, 2018
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Ginaz(f): 8:25am On Apr 10, 2018
For my dad, he failed woefully in all aspects.

And I'm the type of child who overlooked. I can stay on my own without any form of care from nobody and I would be fine. What is paining me most is, when I wanna get married tradition would request me to come to my dad.

He doesn't deserves it. And deep down, I know he knows.

For me, my children, I would give them the best dad who would invest in their emotional being. A child doesn't need material things to survive sometimes but what is being mentally inputted in his head.

Which I would do. My children would stand out mentally , they would be equipped. Emotionally they shall never lack from me and my husband.

I would be a great mom, that I know. And a good wife as well. My husband shall never lack emotional care from me. Cos I am the kind of person that is very intimate at heart. I love the inner person.

2 Likes

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by xynerise: 8:26am On Apr 10, 2018
Ginaz:
For my dad, he failed woefully in all aspects.

And I'm the type of child who overlooked. I can stay on my own without any form of care from nobody and I would be fine. What is paining me most is, when I wanna get married tradition would request me to come to my dad.

He doesn't deserves it. And deep down, I know he knows.

For me, my children, I would give them the best dad who would invest in their emotional being. A child doesn't need material things to survive sometimes but what is being mentally inputted in his head.

Which I would do. My children would stand out mentally , they would be equipped. Emotionally they shall never lack from me and my husband.

I would be a great mom, that I know. And a good wife as well. My husband shall never lack emotional care from me. Cos I am the kind of person that is very intimate in heart. I love the inner person.

Sounds like you are submitting your CV for potential husband grin
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by daveP(m): 8:27am On Apr 10, 2018
Rozaytee:
I will never appreciate my dad angry
Any good reason why?
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by isaacola57: 8:31am On Apr 10, 2018
most times my mum always tells me to go thank my dad for stuffs he does for me.. wen we were still broke my dad would give my mum and us his food he wont eat any thing till weve eaten, i and my dad always quarell but my mum always tell me to apologize

2 Likes

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:31am On Apr 10, 2018
Prettyyemi:
Lolz..
Mothers can never be compared to fathers..
I believe that mothers care more about us..
Dad is just keen on taking care of basic needs..
Mum takes care of secondary needs..
But I love my parents same way!!
No partiality!!

can your mom take care of those basic needs? undecided

be unbiased biko, nothing like secondary needs
just that Dads are too strict.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by kense88: 8:32am On Apr 10, 2018
makavel7:
I was speaking to a friend of mine the other day who wickedly abandoned his father and was dotting all over his mum even recently took her on a trip to canada while the Dad is wallowing in abject poverty.

The Mum actually poison the mind of this dude cause she and his father were having a little misunderstanding. It pains me so much cause I know the Father in question and go over to see him once in a while. Whenever He starts talking about what his son my friend is doing to him I can really feel the pain and hurt in his words.
Men please dont ever abandon your father for any reason at all because tommorrow you are going to be someones father, think how you would feel if your own children abandon you in old age just because your wife turned them against you.

It can be quite painful. Imagine turning the children you used your hard earned to train against you. I really feel for the man, that is if he actually played his role as a father.
In most developed countries, both parents contribute equally, if they earn the same income. But here, in most homes, the man will almost sacrifice his life for his children and wife, only for the wife(though not all) to pit his children against him when she is asked to take up more financial responsibility, when the man can no longer meet up with all there needs.

Thats why we dont take the so called feminist serious over here. They are mostly a bunch of aggrieved, self centered set of women, who want to reap were they did not sow. We really need to be very careful the kind of people we choose as wife. They can make or destroy us
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by kense88: 8:35am On Apr 10, 2018
isaacola57:
most times my mum always tells me to go thank my dad for stuffs he does for me.. wen we were still broke my dad would give my mum and us his food he wont eat any thing till weve eaten, i and my dad always quarell but my mum always tell me to apologize
Men you have a wonderful mom. Infact a wonderful parent. Be grateful

1 Like

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Ginaz(f): 8:36am On Apr 10, 2018
xynerise:

Sounds like you are submitting your CV for potential husband grin

I'm not. I'm speaking my mind cos I know who I am and what I can do.

All these I speak from my heart since I was 10yrs old. Even before I saw my menstruation, welcoming me to womanhood.

Just like I've said a lot of things at that age which thankfully I have kept so far for them to be fulfilled.

I'm grateful.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by xynerise: 8:39am On Apr 10, 2018
Ginaz:

I'm not. I'm speaking my mind cos I know who I am and what I can do.

All these I speak from my heart since I was 10yrs old. Even before I saw my menstruation, welcoming me to womanhood.

Just like I've said a lot of things at that age which thankfully I have kept so far for them to be fulfilled.

I'm grateful.

Alright its cool.

Sometimes people predict their marital life just like they predicted what they will be when they grow up until reality struck them

1 Like

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by kense88: 8:43am On Apr 10, 2018
flamingREED:

Neither is there any thing consequential in your anti-traditional conjectures to me.
Very inconsequential. Fake feminist.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by kense88: 8:48am On Apr 10, 2018
noshiobec:
There are still some who love their dad more. I am one of them. Yes I love my mum but that can't be compared to the luv I have for my dad. Thoughts of him makes me wanna do exploits.
The less emotional and more rational will tend to appreciate there father more, but most mothers do make a lot of sacrifices for there children, if for any reason the father cannot or is not there.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by openmine(m): 8:50am On Apr 10, 2018
Lirqur:
Let me shed a spiritual side to this grin grin grin grin

You see women like to be glorified too much, just too much. Not that they shouldn't be appreciated, but they want you to worship them 24/7, worship them, even for what ilah(God) made natural for them. This is why they blame men for most of their woes. And you see most fathers just lay there lukewarm, seldomly giving a flip about whether you thank him or not because, he knows it's his gaddamn right. Most pops just be there providing lowkey and seriously worried about how things are gon be good for their wards and preparing for the next one they might need. And still most don't flip because, everyone sees it as father's cross. ANd yeah most swallow this cross even if he has to do the dirtiest of jobs to provide for his family. That's us, "men" most of us don't bitch about what burden has been placed on us and careless if you thank us or not, it's like we were wired to satisfy the world and just take all the blame. Most pops could care less about father's day because they be there like "It's our fuckin job". You almost never hear them say you should thank me, celebrate me and bla bla. So men stylishly are like the Almighty, who calmly just asks us to thank him for all he has created on earth for us, by just worshiping and keeping his commandments.

And guess who else likes to be glorified?? Shaitan (Satan) he wants just about the same amount of praise even more than what Allah/ilah(God) demands. Shaitan is angry at Allah for denying him the right to be worshiped like Allah desreves to be worshipped. So he forcefully misleads mankind with sins. Thereby achieving is own form of forceful worship. Now tell me, aint that similar to our our women who want us to thank them for everything? Worship them for being pregnant, for taking care of the child, training the child feeding the child, cooking, taking care of the home. YEs! it's a whole lot of work, women who do this, deserves to be be appreciated but,when talks start flipping into yarns like "You don't even appreciate what i am doing" "you think it's easy to carry baby for nine months" (the question is would you choose to carry the baby for 5 months? Nature fuckin decided that, stop bickering) that's the shaitan in her demanding to be worshiped for all she is doing for you. Women naturally have that strong "thank me feel" (worship me feel) that shaitan has. While men are just there lowkey pamming the suffering like, i know it's my fuckin job, no need to thank me. If only women could overlook the role nature mostly has placed them with and "woman up" to take it as "it's my role", without feeling like victims, they wouldn't be bickering and so demanding of thanks 24/7 grin. This way we can both appreciate our roles and respect each other, live in harmony knowing that it's both not easy to be a man and woman but we both have to "human up" and accept reality.

Salaam.

U made plenty sense with ur long post...
Yeah long but cool....pops don't give a damn whether they are appreciated or not....to them,its their job to provide for the family..."so why make a fuss about it?"
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Ginaz(f): 8:50am On Apr 10, 2018
xynerise:

Alright its cool.

Sometimes people predict their marital life just like they predicted what they will be when they grow up until reality struck them

Lol...

I'm not predicting wealth, I'm not predicting husband, nor predicting marriage.

I'm only saying what i would do as a wife and a mother. Which doesn't needs predictions but mentality. What is so hard here now?

Isn't it what couples should do? Be emotionally supportive to one another? And as for the children, they should be carried along too?

I was stating mine as a challenge I must do cos I for one, knows what it feels like to be emotionally alone. And it makes me to relate more to my marital life.

So if you're thinking off point, you are on your own.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by LanceO: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2018
Rozaytee:
I will never appreciate my dad angry
I doubt you will appreciate your husband too. You will simply recycle your feelings towards your husband to your children....

1 Like

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by xynerise: 8:55am On Apr 10, 2018
Ginaz:

Lol...

I'm only saying what i would do as a wife and a mother. Which doesn't needs predictions but mentality. What is so hard here now?

Isn't it what couples should do? Be emotionally supportive to one another? And as for the children, they should be carried along too?

I was stating mine as a challenge I must do cos I for one, knows what it feels like to be emotionally alone. And it makes me to relate more to my marital life.

OK o. Who am to stop you from achieving your dreams? grin

Just pray you carry your husband along wink
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 10, 2018
NwaAmaikpe1stSon:
Bleep fathers.

I know there are good fathers out there, but what i pass through my dad's hands, make me to believe that all fathers are the same.

Maybe just maybe it wasn't his fault, maybe it was step mum that manipulate him, but hell no! he is the man of the house...i tagged him aweak man.

The only good thing that happened to me in this life, is my Mum.... that woman is a supper woman, she deserve every bit of respect from me. she sacrifices for me, so my days be better than hers. So fuccck fathers, i said Fuccck Fathers to hell.
so you mean NwaAmaikpe is such a terrible man even with all his wittiness, he even married another woman apart from Mrs NwaAmikpe yet the poor Mrs will be forming wittiness, so it has been suffering and smiling for her.

sorry for all you've gone through from him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by LanceO: 9:16am On Apr 10, 2018
Ginaz:

Lol...

You've actually done well with your posts, nd i like... In your first post however, there was something you said you will give your children that i believe you can't..."a good dad that will invest in them emotionally". You can only try your best as a mother and wife and hope, by faith the husband does the good "fathering" for your children. Overall, i like your opinion and mindset.
With your father, i feel you should complete your "good mindset" by extending a positive one towards him... This plays a good role with your own marriage in the way you will see your husband...
Just my take.
Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by Ginaz(f): 9:27am On Apr 10, 2018
LanceO:

You've actually done well with your posts, nd i like... In your first post however, there was something you said you will give your children that i believe you can't..."a good dad that will invest in them emotionally". You can only try your best as a mother and wife and hope, by faith the husband does the good "fathering" for your children. Overall, i like your opinion and mindset.
With your father, i feel you should complete your "good mindset" by extending a positive one towards him... This plays a good role with your own marriage in the way you will see your husband...
Just my take.

Oh thanks for you opinion. I appreciate it.

The thing is, we should not only think of ourselves when we are looking for a mate. We should look at their qualities if they are someone who can be emotionally interested in a child.

We have a hand in giving our children the best mother/father to the best of our abilities. I say *best* because it is not often times in our power to do that.

And as for my dad, he has started mending the fence between us which is awkward as hell. smiley

I try to talk to him though, little by little we see how it goes.

I couldn't call him daddy, it felt like a heavy stone in my throat. wink

But I'm trying, and he is trying. And so far so good.

2 Likes

Re: Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers by LanceO: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2018
Ginaz:

Oh thanks for you opinion. I appreciate it.

The thing is, we should not only think of ourselves when we are looking for a mate. We should look at their qualities if they are someone who can be emotionally interested in a child.

We have a hand in giving our children the best mother/father to the best of our abilities. I say *best* because it is not often times in our power to do that.

And as for my dad, he has started mending the fence between us which is awkward as hell. smiley

I try to talk to him though, little by little we see how it goes.

I couldn't call him daddy, it felt like a heavy stone in my throat. wink

But I'm trying, and he is trying. And so far so good.
lovely...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairalanders Wish Your Mum A Happy Mother's Day / Attacked By Father- In -law For Catching My Wife Having An Affair. / Investments For Students, Corper, Teachers,workers And Stay At Home Mums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.