Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,547 members, 7,861,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

Be Sure You Have Seen It In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Sure You Have Seen It In The Bible (214 Views)

Be Sure Of Your Afterlife Before You Depart / Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job / "I Have Seen My House In Heaven, I Can't Wait To Go" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Sure You Have Seen It In The Bible by vybzkartel: 6:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
A supposed gospel singer just said "the voice of the people is the voice of God" is in the Bible.. Lol

Vox populi, vox Dei is a Latin phrase that means the voice of the people is the voice of God. This expression was first used by Alcuin. Alcuin was an English scholar who was later described by Einhard (a dedicated servant of Charlemagne) as "The most learned man anywhere to be found”.

The full quotation from Alcuin reads:

‘’Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit’’, which is translated as; ‘’And those people should not be listened to who keep saying the voice of the people is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness’’.

(1) (Reply)

God:our Ultimate Defender / One Serious Way To Gain Less Attention On Nairaland / Everlasting Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.