Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe (1065 Views)

Dino Melaye Calls Smart Adeyemi His Political Wife, Says He Will Win Again / Why Buhari Might Jail Tinubu If He Wins - Odilim Enwegbara / I Gave 4 Important Ministries To Area I Didn’t Record Much Votes—buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by italkmoses(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2018
2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again.

President Muhammadu Buhari has declared his interest to re-contest 2019 elections. I have read through comments across multiple platforms and I see the anger and bitter thirst to vote out Buhari next year. Well, for a non-performing government, I would have been surprised if the reactions were opposite.

As at today, most people prefer to vote anybody else but Buhari. But this is exactly where the challenge is. As at the last count, there are over 10 candidates contesting for the office of the President. Since, the incumbent president is contesting, there's a great deal of advantage on his side leaving the other candidates to share the otherwise remnant votes.

What should we do? The response isn't novel. There has to be a massive coalition amongst other contenders and their parties so that this fight will make sense. They should all align together to arrive at a consensus candidate. If they all decide to jettison this strategy and contest individually, then we have made the journey easier for President Buhari to return to the villa.

P.S: The most serious or active candidates so far are: Mr. Omoyele Sowore, Mr. Fela Durotoye and Mr. Adamu Garba. Given a chance to make a choice, it would be Sowore/Garba running together while FD gets a very critical position in the government that will emerge.
Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by SalamRushdie: 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
In the next 7 days a consensus candidate shall arise
Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by italkmoses(m): 9:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
SalamRushdie:

That will be the wisest step the contesters will take. I am seriously looking forward to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by yarimo(m): 1:44am On Apr 10, 2018
Op their is nothing like BUHARI might, majority of Nigerians want president BUHARI to continue as president till 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by yarimo(m): 1:45am On Apr 10, 2018
SalamRushdie:
stop fooling yourself around just face reality, no any candidate can defeat President BUHARI

1 Like

Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by yarimo(m): 1:46am On Apr 10, 2018
italkmoses:

That will be the wisest step the contesters will take. I am seriously looking forward to it.
you are looking forward to it abi ? That means you are looking forward for failure grin
Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by italkmoses(m): 8:30am On Apr 10, 2018
yarimo:
Op their is nothing like BUHARI might, majority of Nigerians want president BUHARI to continue as president till 2023

How did you arrive at this majority? Did you conduct any survey to make this hasty conclusion? If you haven't, please go into the street you live and sample 50 people's opinion about Buhari's declaration of interest for second term. When you do, please let us know your findings.
Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by italkmoses(m): 8:31am On Apr 10, 2018
yarimo:
you are looking forward to it abi ? That means you are looking forward for failure grin

Failure from where please?
Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by yarimo(m): 1:48am On Apr 11, 2018
italkmoses:

How did you arrive at this majority? Did you conduct any survey to make this hasty conclusion? If you haven't, please go into the street you live and sample 50 people's opinion about Buhari's declaration of interest for second term. When you do, please let us know your findings.
I have just finished my findings, 49 out of 50 people interview each in 36 state and the FCT are for Buhari til 2023
Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by progress69: 2:54am On Apr 11, 2018
coolscott:
Buhari new there was a chance for a second term and he behaved the way he did.

How will he perform when he knows there is no other term after this (if we mistakenly make him president again)?

Is this the only thing the grey stuff in your skull can produce? You have been dumping this in every thread. Na wa o!
Re: 2019: Divided Votes, Buhari Might Win Again- Moses Ihiabe by Twist4u: 3:31am On Apr 11, 2018
Say no to Nepotism. VOTING OUT pa Buhari has become a 'National Duty. Get your PVC

(1) (Reply)

See Wedding Photo Of An IPOB Member And His Wife / $496m Tucano: Gowon Speaks On Move To Impeach Buhari / Ekiti PDP Guber Candidate Says He Is Fayose’s Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.