Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,123 members, 7,953,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official (19866 Views)

Fashola: Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Second Niger Bridge To Be Ready By 2022 / New Photos From Second Niger Bridge Construction / Second Niger Bridge: Doyin Okupe Makes 15 Shocking Revelations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Blue3k(m): 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
Innocent Alumonah, Federal Controller of Works in Anambra, says a part of the project work at the Second Niger Bridge linking Asaba in Delta and Onitsha in Anambra is already 44.6 per cent completed.

Mr Alumonah told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday that the contracting firm, Julius Berger Nig. Plc. had also accomplished about 85 piles of 914 millimeter in diameter in different axis.

“The contract was split into phases. Phases 1 to phase 3 have been successfully accomplished and we are now on early works in phase 4. Part of this early works phase 4 forms part of the main contract.

“So far, the 1.2 kilometer sand filling of the road at the Asaba end has reached the height of 2.2 meters out of the expected five meters.

“At the Onitsha end, we have done a lot of sand filling of embankments to a reasonable stage. We have done a lot of culverts as well.

“In all, we have achieved around 44.6 per cent of phase of early work stage 4,” Mr Alumonah said.

He said the contract for the early work stage four was awarded in October 2016 while work commenced in November 2017.

According to him, an advance payment of N2.166 billion was made to the contractor out of the contract sum of N14.466 billion for the early work phase four.

Alumonah said the early work stage four project had a life span of nine months starting from November 2017 to July 2018, noting that there would not be any interruption between stage four and the main contract.

He said the second Niger Bridge was no longer a political issue as President Muhammadu Buhari had demonstrated commitment to realizing the completion of the project.

“The bridge is a link road to all parts of the country not just the South East. It is not a bridge only for the southern part of the country. It is for all Nigerians,” he said.

The controller noted that the continuous maintenance of the existing Niger Bridge built in 1965 was a demonstration of the Federal Government’s commitment.

He said the stress on the existing bridge compelled the Federal Government to build a second Niger Bridge.

He said the issue of compensation of the affected people had been handled by the Federal Government to a reasonable level and had paved way for work at kilometers 23 to 31.

Mr Alumonah assured Nigerians that the main bridge would not take long to be actualised after the early stage four was completed by July.

(NAN)

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-east/264479-second-niger-bridge-44-6-early-works-completed-official.html

Front Page: Lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
'44% early works completed' is not a pass mark.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Blue3k(m): 12:32am On Apr 10, 2018
igbodefender:

After July the early work is done. I guess it would annother 2 years after that to finish bridge. I read it took 1 year to build Niger Bridge in the 60's.

6 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Sirjamo: 12:37am On Apr 10, 2018
Baba does not hate anyone or any part of Nigeria, but trying to kit a pig in white rob is a waste of fabrics.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Nobody: 3:36am On Apr 10, 2018
Good one for the indigenes... may they be able to afford fuel(with the way buhari is going) to ply the bridge...

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 10, 2018
Blue3k:

After July the early work is done. I guess it would annother 2 years after that to finish bridge. I read it took 1 year to build Niger Bridge in the 60's.

I hope so. A completed Second Niger Bridge would significantly impact the regional and even national economy.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Yyeske(m): 7:53am On Apr 10, 2018
igbodefender:
If only Jonathan had achieved that when he was around, Buhari would've gone farther.
Applaud Buhari for once

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Yyeske(m): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2018
Blue3k:

How many bridges did Jonathan build when he was president? I read it took one year to build the Niger Bridge too

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by alen4smith(m): 8:38am On Apr 10, 2018
Yyeske:
How many bridges did Jonathan build when he was president? I read it took one year to build the Niger Bridge too
it took him five years to prepare the design of the bridge

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by daddyiel(m): 8:51am On Apr 10, 2018
46% how, where? There is just 12 uncompleted pipes in the river... I pass that road twice daily

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Jwonder(m): 8:58am On Apr 10, 2018
grin Bubu has declared for second term they have started publishing nonsense to woo voters, it will not Work.. #NeverAgain Pack your load and go, change the change. Another government can continue the work.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Heffalump(m): 8:59am On Apr 10, 2018
Where are the pictures?

5 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by obaival(m): 8:59am On Apr 10, 2018
Where cry

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by SmartPolician: 9:02am On Apr 10, 2018
I think this bridge will be the first and only federal bridge that will be tolled in the country. Besides 44% completion of the early stage means visible work has not even started. SMH

4 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 10, 2018
To be a good leader u must be a good follower. Give honor to whom honor is due.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by demolinka(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2018
Thank u PMB. Thank you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Sarang(f): 9:03am On Apr 10, 2018
smiley smiley

Please see my signature
Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by CSTR1003: 9:03am On Apr 10, 2018
daddyiel:
46% how, where? There is just 12 uncompleted pipes in the river... I pass that road twice daily
I wonder.

7 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Dearlord(m): 9:03am On Apr 10, 2018
What � bridge are they building?

The urgent bridge we need now is the one that will convey him back to Duara

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by rainylad(f): 9:04am On Apr 10, 2018
Sirjamo:
Baba does not hate anyone or any part of Nigeria, but trying to kit a pig in white rob is a waste of fabrics.

You must be referring to your family members.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by CSTR1003: 9:05am On Apr 10, 2018
rainylad:

You must be referring to your family members.
He is referring to his people.

The people that cook soup with toilet broom.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by jimrog: 9:07am On Apr 10, 2018
Yyeske:

U dey mind all those dunce gej supporters asking Hw many projects initiated and completed by Buhari like their god gej completed anything in 6yrs....

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Obec70(m): 9:10am On Apr 10, 2018
What a passmark! Decievers in government!

1 Like

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by castrokins(m): 9:11am On Apr 10, 2018
All The Time In The World To Write This And No Single Picture? 44% Kwa?

6 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by CSTR1003: 9:11am On Apr 10, 2018
jimrog:

U dey mind all those dunce gej supporters asking Hw many projects initiated and completed by Buhari like their god gej completed anything in 6yrs....
Jonathan completed many projects.
The 6 universities were started and Completed under him, almajiri schools, as well as many many other projects.

It is 5 years and not 6 years.

4 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by jnfoage: 9:11am On Apr 10, 2018
igbodefender:
So what percentage did your god in otueke achieve in 6 yrs?

12 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by jnfoage: 9:12am On Apr 10, 2018
CSTR1003:

Jonathan completed many projects.
The 6 universities were started and Completed under him, almajiri schools, as well as many many other projects.

It is 5 years and not 6 years.
So what percentage did your god in otueke achieve on the bridge in 6 yrs? Stop bringing in irrelevant matters, this is about the 2nd Niger bridge.

3 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by DonVikings: 9:14am On Apr 10, 2018
Sirjamo:
Baba does not hate anyone or any part of Nigeria, but trying to kit a PIG in white rob is a waste of fabrics.
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by Ekiseme(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2018
Election scam, all na format.

buhari is a legendary failure,he's no leader

I am glad most Nigerians are wiser now,

No zombie should quote me pls.

7 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: 44.6% Early Works Completed – Official by DonVikings: 9:16am On Apr 10, 2018
daddyiel:
We thought Jonathan had completed 90% of the project. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano State Partners UAE For Kano–Dubai Twin-City Project / Borno Is Atikulated - Arewa Influencer, Hayatu / Fayemi Creates Additional 19 Local Government Councils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.