Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,570 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence (587 Views)

Governor Ambode Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Sanwo-olu (Read speech) / Nigerians React After Governor Ambode Failed To Keep To Press Conference Time / President Buhari Launches State Social Intervention Programme In Jigawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by alexhman: 10:14am On Apr 10, 2018
The Lagos State government has unfolded plans to occupy social media with increased content on governments’ policies and programmes through its well-positioned social media platforms by engaging the online audience in advocacy and public enlightenment.

The State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Kehinde Bamigbetan, who stated this on Monday while kick-starting the annual Ministerial Press Briefing of the State government held at Bagauda Kaltho Press Centre, Alausa, also said that with increased uploading of content on its social media, followership is expected to rise to two million by the end of this year.

The Commissioner announced the general increase in followership on all government social media platforms, attributing the increase to improved uploading of content in terms of short videos, infographics, Facebook and Instagram live videos. According to him, the LASG Facebook account now has over 296,000 followers, making an increment of 14% from the initial 259,147 followers as at April 2017; the total number of posts on the Instagram platform is now 2,127 with a total of 16,500 followers resulting in over 1,000% increment from the initial 857 Followers as at same period last year while the twitter account now has over 173,264 followers resulting in 47% increment from the initial 117,782 followers as at April 2017.

Bamigbetan further disclosed that several reforms are going on to reposition the State-owned media houses to make them rank among equals.  The Commissioner told journalists that the Ambode administration has intervened strategically by fast-tracking the acquisition of the state-of-the-art equipment for Lagos Television, Radio Lagos and Eko FM to enable the stations to compete favourably in the industry and boost revenue generation.  He said: “Considering the need to propagate the perspective and activities of the State government for public enlightenment and patronage of citizens, LTV, which historically is the first State television station in Nigeria, has received tremendous public expenditure to be more competitive and efficient.”

He reiterated that a new digital studio and new transmitters to improve the signal strength, quality and outreach were among equipment installed at the Lagos State Radio Service while the guest rooms, corridors, reception area and the entire ground floor were renovated as part of on-going efforts to make the work atmosphere more conducive and comfortable.      Bamigbetan further disclosed that Lagos State Printing Corporation (LSPC) is currently in a new phase of development following the installation of the newly purchased digital machine, adding that the Ambode administration is determined to ensure that the Corporation does not return to the unprofitable era.

In his words, “A final decision on the structure management for the Corporation as recommended by a project management audit and reviewed by a three-man Committee comprising the Commissioners of Information & Strategy, Finance and Establishment, Training and Pensions to ensure the emergence of a competitive, profitable and efficiently run printing business will be taken in due course”.

Following the recommendation, the Commissioner said the Corporation has been directed to set up a vibrant marketing unit to compete with the private sector for jobs while the Governor has issued a directive asking all MDAs to patronize the Corporation, particularly for large orders.

The Commissioner pledged that the Ministry will continue to keep the populace informed by generating  and deploying persuasive content to explain the inherent values of government policies across the various channels of communication, while also monitoring feedback that could guide re-packaging of governments' policies and programmes in order to be constantly in tune with the temperament and expectations of the various publics.

see more details @ http://www.ritalori.com/governor-ambode-announces-plan-increase-lagos-state-social-media-presence/

Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by Sheuns(m): 11:21am On Apr 10, 2018
Okay.

But we won't want to hear you used 100million to increase your social media presence, like your predecessor used 87milliion to maintain website.
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2018
APC Social media influencers after reading the report

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by OBAGADAFFI: 11:43am On Apr 10, 2018
Increasing Social media propaganda
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by Omololu2121: 11:51am On Apr 10, 2018
H
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by Optional09: 11:52am On Apr 10, 2018
Sheuns:
Okay.

But we won't want to hear you used 100million to increase your social media presence, like your predecessor used 87milliion to maintain website.

You don’t know what a portal is, I am a developer and I don’t see anything outrageous in N87million for a portal.
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by three: 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
Optional09:

You don’t know what a portal is, I am a developer and I don’t see anything outrageous in N87million for a portal.

Are you a real estate developer?

Note: this was an UPGRADE not a new commission

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by slimfit1(m): 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2018
How does this fall into basic need of the people someone tell this Agbero governor to wise up Fashola has finished half of all necessary development he needs to catch up.
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by Sheuns(m): 1:17pm On Apr 10, 2018
Optional09:

I'm also a developer. Abeg which website or portal have u created for $238,356?
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by Optional09: 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2018
Sheuns:

I'm also a developer. Abeg which website or portal have u created for $238,356?

I have charged $25,000 for a company website so what’s the big deal if I charge $238,356 for a Government portal
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by Sheuns(m): 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2018
Optional09:

I have charged $25,000 for a company website so what’s the big deal if I charge $238,356 for a Government portal

Okay. I hear you.
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by laudate: 2:11am On Apr 12, 2018
alexhman:
The Lagos State government has unfolded plans to occupy social media with increased content on governments’ policies and programmes through its well-positioned social media platforms by engaging the online audience in advocacy and public enlightenment....

see more details @ http://www.ritalori.com/governor-ambode-announces-plan-increase-lagos-state-social-media-presence/

Wubbish! angry He is just looking for an excuse to hire more hungry bloggers, and fritter away our hard earned taxes on them. He should just reduce the land use charge (LUC) first, and reverse all those unnecessary increases in the toll gate fees, before we can take him seriously.
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by laudate: 2:13am On Apr 12, 2018
Optional09:

There is everything outrageous and totally wrong with it. It is called greed! sad
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by Herdsmen: 5:51am On Apr 12, 2018
Fashola did same.. during last election..infact he cordinated the birth of BMC.....

Nothing new..

Just say una dey always do this shit during elections..to propagate una hatefully propaganda..

Keep decievind zombies
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by Optional09: 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2018
laudate:

There is everything outrageous and totally wrong with it. It is called greed! sad

You don’t have to comment on what you know nothing about sir
Re: Governor Ambode Announces Plan To Increase Lagos State Social Media Presence by laudate: 12:48am On Apr 13, 2018
Optional09:
You don’t have to comment on what you know nothing about sir

I know a lot about it, so please stop jumping to false conclusions! undecided

(1) (Reply)

What We Lost Under Buhari / US President Donald Trump Invites President Buhari To Washington On April 30th / Lagos Apc Killing Policies And The Painful Exist Of Henry Ajomale -we The Masses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.