Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk (1879 Views)

21 Year Old Man Who Married A 70 Year Old Woman Denied Entry To The UK / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by worry246(m): 8:32am On May 13, 2010
The new Conservative government is going to limit non EU entry into the UK.
Entry from known problem countries like Nigeria will be very low priority.
Unless people have entry to very good universities like Oxford , Cambridge or similar entry will be refused.
Rubbish schools like South Chelsea College will be banned within months.
People had better start looking to other countries like Poland, Russia, Ukraine. smiley
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by justwise(m): 8:38am On May 13, 2010
worry246:

The new Conservative government is going to limit non EU entry into the UK.
Entry from known problem countries like Nigeria will be very low priority.
Unless people have entry to very good universities like Oxford , Cambridge or similar entry will be refused.
Rubbish schools like South Chelsea College will be banned within months.
People had better start looking to other countries like Poland, Russia, Ukraine. smiley

Source please?
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by worry246(m): 9:18am On May 13, 2010
Search for policy of new co-allition government on UK news!
All there for anyone to see.
Conservative manifesto policy.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by candylips(m): 9:49am On May 13, 2010
Conservatives are bad news for immigrants
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by justwise(m): 11:40am On May 13, 2010
worry246:

Search for policy of new co-allition government on UK news!
All there for anyone to see.
Conservative manifesto policy.

Yes i have seen their manifesto on immigration and student visa BUT there is no breakdown on how they are going to carry out those polices.

You made up all u have written above, this is scare mongering by you. Back your claim up with source.

Just go ahead and express ur ant-immigration view and stop using Conservatives to cover up.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by funkybaby(f): 1:02pm On May 13, 2010
Worst they can do is clampdown on colleges.

Ask students coming to Uk to pay on bond only collectible on departure from the Uk.

They might stop PSW and doing that, students will rather go to US, Canada or other EU countries.

Truth is: they rely on the money brought in my foreign students which in turn is used to fund the schools ( after all, citizens pay little or nothing and there Is always the option for student loans.

So if that avenue of funding is blocked, how are they going to fund their schools? When even the schools are crying that they need more funding. Besides with all the noise on public sector cuts . . . . .

Am only watching to see what his 'cap' on immigration will be and the conditions he might attach to work visas ( the conditions are stringent at the moment, so I do not understand all the noise the guy is making)
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by silentc(m): 1:51pm On May 13, 2010
They will also limit work permits (Tier 2) and Tier 1 visa per year (to the tens of thousand according to their manifesto).

This might not be a lot, but it will still be felt.

They know they need to be careful with students as Universities need the higher fees from international students. I think they will end the link between student visa and post study work visas also.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by candylips(m): 2:03pm On May 13, 2010
the cap might even affect Tier 1 Point based system too o
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 3:13pm On May 13, 2010
All this na speculation. Dont forget they will have to pass through the normal channel like a public enquiry, debate in the commons before ratification in the house of lords. The final bill may well be different from what they have in their policy.

That said, immigration remains a hot issue. The public are fed up with coloured and eastern european foreigners taking the jobs they dont want to do as they will rather collect benefits. tongue
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by silentc(m): 4:01pm On May 13, 2010
Snowdrops, they arent scrapping the points based system (they said so in their manifesto).

They are actually imposing an annual limit on Tier 1 and 2 . This is a modification to an existing bill that has gone through parliament etc last year. They wont need to go through the whole system like labour needed to do last year to bring in modifications to the points based system.

Trust me, it seems this is going to happen.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 4:18pm On May 13, 2010
I believe there would at least need to be a public enquiry and proper consultation before this cap is introduced. Remember the HSMP debacle and the legal challenges that followed. The home office were forced into an embarassing retreat. I am sure they would not want to be faced with similar again.

It will happen or something similar, what form it will take we cant say for sure. Cap on immigration was one of the cornerstone of their campaign. They must be seen to have done something, especially against the fact that there may be an election in the coming year.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by kadman(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2010
They have said repeatedly that thwy would keep the Point Based System, so no problem with that, as Funky said they might clap down on colleges and have tougher rules for colleges to get sponsorship permit. The worse they can do is scrap Tier 1. .  and that's their doom everyone to divert to the other countries - maybe it's even good sef allow students to examine other opportunities.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by debest1(m): 5:29pm On May 13, 2010
snowdrops:

I believe there would at least need to be a public enquiry and proper consultation before this cap is introduced. Remember the HSMP debacle and the legal challenges that followed. The home office were forced into an embarassing retreat. I am sure they would not want to be faced with similar again.

It will happen or something similar, what form it will take we cant say for sure. Cap on immigration was one of the cornerstone of their campaign. They must be seen to have done something, especially against the fact that there may be an election in the coming year.
there would be no enquiry of any sort as they are not scrapping the scheme just introducing a cap, and yes it will affect the student visa especially those using it for bogus means
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 5:46pm On May 13, 2010
How do you know there wont be? The governmentrt may not be oblinged to but you cannot categorically rule any out.

Like i said earlier, people are ready to challenge a cap in the law courts. If a cap is introduced, what will the number be? How will they set this number for each country? Will it affect all visa category right from holiday makers, to members of armed forces to spouses of eu citizens.

These issues are not as straight forward as many here seem to believe.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by funkybaby(f): 5:57pm On May 13, 2010
snowdrops:

How do you know there wont be? The governmentrt may not be oblinged to but you cannot categorically rule any out.

Like i said earlier, people are ready to challenge a cap in the law courts. If a cap is introduced, what will the number be? How will they set this number for each country? Will it affect all visa category right from holiday makers, to members of armed forces to spouses of eu citizens.

hmmmm. . . . do you have a point there
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by debest1(m): 6:06pm On May 13, 2010
snowdrops:

the tory-lib-dem coalition is the majority and the lib-dem have decided not to challenge tory's immigration policy so even if they decide to take the debate to the house it will still pass, the fact that people voted tory despite their immigration policy albeit not in the majority is is sign that they are in agreement with their immigration policy amongst others.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 6:30pm On May 13, 2010
An hour is a long time in politics. Things change, opinions change. Never trust politicians. The Tories said during their campaign that they will not increase VAT, but now we are hearing it is going up to 20% in thei emergency budget in 6 weeks time.

The lib derms. are a liberal party and hold such views when it comes to immigration. They did drop their plans for an amnesty for illegal immigrants and will allow the tories cap, but when it comes to the nitty gritty i believe thats when the disagreements will emerge.

Dont forget that despite the fact that the tories won the combined labour and lib derm vote is more than the tories, which means most people in the country are against the tories view on immigration.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by DisGuy: 6:58pm On May 13, 2010
debest1:

the tory-lib-dem coalition is the majority and the lib-dem have decided not to challenge tory's immigration policy so even if they decide to take the debate to the house it will still pass, the fact that people voted tory despite their immigration policy albeit not in the majority is is sign that they are in agreement with their immigration policy amongst others.

the Lib Dems have only agreed to not to pursue the illegal amnesty policy, mind you most of those policies put forward by the Tories have not real figures, just soundbites that will actually attract the working class white voters! thier policies going forward will only sound tougher - in reality the NHS, City Banks, universities and social services will be lobbying for damage limitations on any drastic change
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by tunnytox(m): 9:11pm On May 13, 2010
snowdrops:

An hour is a long time in politics. Things change, opinions change. Never trust politicians. The Tories said during their campaign that they will not increase VAT, but now we are hearing it is going up to 20% in thei emergency budget in 6 weeks time.

The lib derms. are a liberal party and hold such views when it comes to immigration. They did drop their plans for an amnesty for illegal immigrants and will allow the tories cap, but when it comes to the nitty gritty i believe thats when the disagreements will emerge.

Dont forget that despite the fact that the tories won the combined labour and lib derm vote is more than the tories, which means most people in the country are against the tories view on immigration.

Thank you jare for that observation, what about the 1p increase in NI contribution? they fought Labour tooth and Nail ranting against Labour's plan to raise NI by 1p now they have made a u turn, they will be introducing the 1p rise in NI later by next year, the Tories are deceivers but very soon the Bristish people will find out and start complanining again, on the issue of immigration why not let's wait and see this 'cap' they want to introduce before speculating. However, I fear the worst even the UKBA website has already achive most of the informtion relating to labour's proposed plans on immigration as soon as a new government was formed, anyone in doubt can check the UKBA website,
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by skfa1: 9:20pm On May 13, 2010
Watever rocks their baot
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by TitanMoon: 9:26pm On May 13, 2010

WRONG, the vast majority of the British public are against immigration from non EU countries. That is why the Liberals Democrast did so badly in the general election.
The OP is correct, immigration to Britain WILL be cut drastically, and student visas WILL be cut drastically, there are talks of ending post study work visas.

Britain is a tiny island which cannot keep sustaining the huge amount of migrants into the country.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 10:24pm On May 13, 2010
Unfortunately some persons here seem to suffer from dyslexia. Funny you quoted my post then went on to rant about completely different issue.

I said the majority of British people voted against the tories, hence they rejected the tories manifesto on immigration. Of course even those that voted for labour and the lib derms will be to a large extent against non-eu immigration. So do not confuse your self.

I dont care if they shut their doors to any flipping non-eu or eu people for that matter. I am secured in this country and have an eu passport. However as we have this discussion, my aim is to correct any misinformation about their immigration policy.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by TitanMoon: 10:42pm On May 13, 2010
"I said the majority of British people voted against the tories, hence they rejected the tories manifesto on immigration. Of course even those that voted for labour and the lib derms will be to a large extent against non-eu immigration. So do not confuse your self."

Rubbish, the scots voted against tory because of the poll tax, and conservatives history of fuking up scotland, many people oted against tory because it is a party for the aristcracy it has NOTHING to do with people rejecting their policies on immigration.

And I will also remind you that they gained the most seats out of any party, far more than labour.

I suspect the British people will fuly support a cap, just look at any poll about british peoples feelings on immigration and you will see it is a major issue with the vast majority of britons against it.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by Utali(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2010
snowdrops:

I am secured in this country and have an eu passport. y.
 Nigeriansss  grin
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by shotster50(m): 10:58pm On May 13, 2010
The Conservatives promising heaven on earth is one thing, them implementing them is another. The issue of immigration I a is not as simple as everybody thinks they are. We will see how this pans out.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 11:50pm On May 13, 2010
Utali:

Nigeriansss  grin
Yes o. I am still proud to be a Nigerian. I am sure a Brit or American will take a similar reference to their nationality as a compliment.

So the jokes on you mate. wink
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 11:58pm On May 13, 2010
TitanMoon:

Rubbish, the scots voted against tory because of the poll tax, and conservatives history of fuking up scotland, many people oted against tory because it is a party for the aristcracy it has NOTHING to do with people rejecting their policies on immigration.

And I will also remind you that they gained the most seats out of any party, far more than labour.

I suspect the British people will fuly support a cap, just look at any poll about british peoples feelings on immigration and you will see it is a major issue with the vast majority of britons against it.

Calm down. Always read your post before clicking on send to see if you are making sense. You have delved off topic again. I know its late into the night but its not friday yet, so no excuse for being tipsy.

You insult the intelligence of the Brits by claiming to know why they vote for who and whom not. The world is not as black and white as you think. Read my posts again. Immigration is a major issue to everyone. But the way of tackling it is what divides opinion. The tories are not the only party that pledged to address uncontrolled immigration. They all did, even the BNP grin grin

The tories gained the most seats but did not get enough to earn a majority. Simple. That means they did not receive the mandate of the people to govern themselves. I repeat again. It has been agredd that there will be a cap. No one is disputing that. Even the UKBA has updated its website as someone rightly pointed out above. We have moed past that guy.

The tories have so far refused to tell anyone the exact numbers. That is the bottom line.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by TitanMoon: 12:21am On May 14, 2010
Eight out of 10 Britons want immigration cap

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5888701/Eight-out-of-10-Britons-want-immigration-cap.html

Public wants much harsher immigration policy, says poll

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article614362.ece

Voters Anger Over Immigration

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2911175/Suns-massive-poll-highlights-voters-anger-over-immigration.html

Poll finds 77% want immigration cut

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a794d730-1cb9-11df-8d8e-00144feab49a.html

These are just a handful of the many polls conducted regarding immigration, ALL polls that have been carried out show that the vast majority of Britons think that immigration is out of control and they want it drastically cut.

To say that the british public rejected the tories because of thier immigration policies is ridiculous. Go and see for your self, every single poll has the same results.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by uktrader: 12:25am On May 14, 2010
candylips:

Conservatives are bad news for immigrants

Good news for UK.  Less Nigerians is good for UK society and economy.

stay at home and build your own society and economy.

UK do not need or want you in our land

Bye
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by justwise(m): 12:49am On May 14, 2010
TitanMoon:

WRONG, the vast majority of the British public are against immigration from non EU countries. That is why the Liberals Democrast did so badly in the general election. The OP is correct, immigration to Britain WILL be cut drastically, and student visas WILL be cut drastically, there are talks of ending post study work visas. Britain is a tiny island which cannot keep sustaining the huge amount of migrants into the country.
Wrong! Vast majority of British are against any form of immigration, they moan abt the polish taking their jobs but they are lazy to work but prefer living on benefit making babies like rabbit.
Immigration issue is just a vote 'getter' after the election all the noise and tough talking dies down. Lets keep this post going and watch how tory-lib is going to cap immigration.
They will only create more job for traffickers, more illegal immigrants coming in. This is the same British that went round almost the whole world colonalising and looting countries. What did they say about pple in glass house?
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by TitanMoon: 12:54am On May 14, 2010
Justwise, what do you mean British people are lazy. Britain has one of the lowest unemployment rates and in the world, and it has the longest working hours in europe.

So how does that make British people lazy, people on benefits are a tiny, tiny number. so please get a clue you bleeping idiot

This is the same British that went round almost the whole world colonalising and looting countries.

No its not the same British public who went around looting, you are confusing innocent british people with their dead ancestors. Ands please drop the whole colonial thing, thats all tyou stupid africans talk about, everything it the British peoples fault. Fcvk off
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by uktrader: 12:58am On May 14, 2010
TitanMoon:

Justwise, what do you mean British people are lazy. Britain has one of the lowest unemployment rates and in the world, and it has the longest working hours in europe.

So how does that make British people lazy, people on benefits are a tiny, tiny number. so please get a clue you bleeping idiot

I agree with on this one. Justwise, Is an idiot. He does know the facts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alpha Travels / Burj Dubai Dancing Fountain / Planning A Visit To Doha, Qatar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.