Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,196 members, 7,839,068 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk (1884 Views)

21 Year Old Man Who Married A 70 Year Old Woman Denied Entry To The UK / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Will I Be Refused Entry To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by justwise(m): 1:01am On May 14, 2010
TitanMoon:

Justwise, what do you mean British people are lazy. Britain has one of the lowest unemployment rates and in the world, and it has the longest working hours in europe.

So how does that make British people lazy, people on benefits are a tiny, tiny number. so please get a clue you bleeping idiot

Yes vast majority of British pple are lazy, binge drinking plonkers. Pple who work hard and longer hrs are mostly foreigners, illegal immigrant etc
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 8:31am On May 14, 2010
TitanMoon:

Eight out of 10 Britons want immigration cap

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5888701/Eight-out-of-10-Britons-want-immigration-cap.html

Public wants much harsher immigration policy, says poll

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article614362.ece

Voters Anger Over Immigration

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2911175/Suns-massive-poll-highlights-voters-anger-over-immigration.html

Poll finds 77% want immigration cut

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a794d730-1cb9-11df-8d8e-00144feab49a.html

These are just a handful of the many polls conducted regarding immigration, ALL polls that have been carried out show that the vast majority of Britons think that immigration is out of control and they want it drastically cut.

To say that the british public rejected the tories because of thier immigration policies is ridiculous. Go and see for your self, every single poll has the same results.
Yet again you have shown how naive you are. All the papers above are right-leaning papers, part of the Murdoch empire. Have you ever heard of Fox news? News International? What do you expect from the Sun, Daily mail? To say lets embrace immigrants? That they are the best thing after "agege" bread? Come on my friend. You can do better than this.

If you can show me any similar article quoting same figures from the mirror, guardian, intependent or the observer, i would listen to you.

These gabbage tabloids you quoted have always spread a negative perception of immigration. They represent scare mongering and xenophobia. Hope this is not what you read? I may understand because they are cheap papers and write in street language. Please switch to more respectable ones like the guardian. A few extra pence will not kill you. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 8:32am On May 14, 2010
justwise:

Wrong! Vast majority of British are against any form of immigration, they moan abt the polish taking their jobs but they are lazy to work but prefer living on benefit making babies like rabbit.
Immigration issue is just a vote 'getter' after the election all the noise and tough talking dies down. Lets keep this post going and watch how tory-lib is going to cap immigration.
They will only create more job for traffickers, more illegal immigrants coming in. This is the same British that went round almost the whole world colonalising and looting countries. What did they say about pple in glass house?
Weldone. You always talk sensibly.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by snowdrops(m): 8:39am On May 14, 2010
TitanMoon:

Justwise, what do you mean British people are lazy. Britain has one of the lowest unemployment rates and in the world, and it has the longest working hours in europe.

So how does that make British people lazy, people on benefits are a tiny, tiny number. so please get a clue you bleeping idiot

Hahaha. You are so funny. You quote wrong figures with so much confidence.

Britain has 2.51 million people unemployed. That does not include those on job seekers allowance or on benefits. If not the figures would be much higher. I guess what you wanted to say if that they have one of the lowest in the europe and not the world.

Mr Titanmoon, get your figures right before coming here. The department of works and pension which oversees social security has the largest budgets of all government departments, even more than the home office, health, education and defence. The government pays £150 billion each year to people on benefits. NHS budget is £100, thats the second largest.

Why do you think David cameron is so keen to kick people like you i guess, off benefits? The days of dole and vouchers, single mothers and bogus asylum seekers claiming benefits are numbered.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by justwise(m): 8:51am On May 14, 2010
snowdrops:

Weldone. You always talk sensibly.
Thanks bro.

Don't mind TitanMoon ask him how many seats BNP won during the election, this is a party the makes the loudest noise about immigration, even at that they did not win a single seat.
Tory-lib couple is talking about scraping tuition fees, cutting cost and at the same time banging on about foreign students and cap on immigration, where will universities get their funding?

Yes the bogus students and colleges should be rooted out, illegal immigrants arrested should be deported not wasting millions detaining they and at the end release them again to work under-table.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by candylips(m): 11:26am On May 14, 2010
this uk thing don taya me sef. e bi like say i go dey head back to nigeria soon
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 14, 2010
candylips:

this uk thing don taya me sef. e bi like say i go dey head back to nigeria soon
Ehhh! Talk am make i hear again. *laughs* come do wetin? Just relax je je for there. Even if u live on benefit in uk, u're better off than coming to 9ja except if u want 2 establish ur own biz, lol.
Abeg no com ooo!
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by silentc(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2010
Guys,

About 29 million people are in employment in the UK (http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=12)

Now about 6 million people are on benefits (job seekers, incapacity benefit etc.) and 2.5 million out of work thanks to the recession etc, Without going into statistics and analysis, I would say that is about 20% of people not working (if i assume that all 6 million people on benefits are lazy and not genuinely sick or cannot work for health reasons etc).

How can we make the general statement that British people are lazy if only 20% of them are not working? That is a sweeping generalization that can be likened to someone saying "all Nigerians are scammers" or "all immigrants are here to bleed the country" or some other generalization that we all do not agree with.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by justwise(m): 2:58pm On May 14, 2010
silentc:

Guys,
About 29 million people are in employment in the UK (http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=12)
Now about 6 million people are on benefits (job seekers, incapacity benefit etc.) and 2.5 million out of work thanks to the recession etc, Without going into statistics and analysis, I would say that is about 20% of people not working (if i assume that all 6 million people on benefits are lazy and not genuinely sick or cannot work for health reasons etc).
How can we make the general statement that British people are lazy if only 20% of them are not working? That is a sweeping generalization that can be likened to someone saying "all Nigerians are scammers" or "all immigrants are here to bleed the country" or some other generalization that we all do not agree with.

I said vast majority and NOT all British people. Read my post
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by silentc(m): 3:29pm On May 14, 2010
justwise:

I said vast majority and NOT all British people. Read my post

Ok, but i dont think 20% is a vast majority? Unless you are using first past the post?  grin

I agree there are lazy brits, but more brits work hard than those that are lazy (that is the point i am trying to make).
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by adexchamp(m): 5:15pm On May 14, 2010
If the UK Government decided to implement that idea,i think the Nigerian government should ask all their citizens to come back home and we will definitely chase away the britons that are in charge of our oil wells here,i believe that with all the experience we've got from overseas we can stil make use of it to make our economy grow, President Goodluck Jonathan is really a man to stir the ship of our country,so all you guys come back home and lets give him a helping hand, FOREVER 9JA.
Re: Nigeria Forget Entry To Uk by dancewith: 8:01pm On May 14, 2010
America, Canada, Australia are opening up their borders to skilled immigrants. You think they are stupid? Right, let the Brits introduce their anti immigration policies and lets see if they are better off for it!

(1) (2) (Reply)

November Mini-Break to the UK / Uk Visa - Verification Stage / 8 Reasons You Should Live In Port Harcourt At Least Once In Your Lifetime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.