Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,496 members, 7,812,534 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Before 2019 Democratic Ritual. Part 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before 2019 Democratic Ritual. Part 2 (243 Views)

Top 10 Questions For President Buhari Before 2019 Presidential Election / "Our Refineries Will Be Fully Functional Before 2019 Ending" - Kachikwu Says / 7 Conflicts APC Needs To Resolve Before 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before 2019 Democratic Ritual. Part 2 by BestGovernance(f): 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2018
Before 2019 Democratic Ritual. Part II

As promised last year that I will be sharing some issues related to our nation building through focused leadership train. Today 9th April, 2019, our President threw spanner to the wheel of our democratic progress by declaring for reelection in the coming 2019 general election. Thus there is urgent need to avoid colossal errors and misfiring that have engulfed our political space.

I will start from reoccurrence of promoting mediocres to Aso Rock as leaders which is too obvious in this current administration being led by President Buhari. How can someone like Buhari emerged as our President in this 21st century. He left power in 1985 and came back to same post in 2015.

During this period he had no record of upgrading himself. He attended no school nor institute neither local or international conferences on leadership, economy, business and public affairs management. He was only reading newspaper and listening to BBC Hausa. He had no foundation to support any human course neither did he manage any business than his cattle ranch of 150 cows.

He was fighting hard to get the topmost job in land without serious preparation. Maybe I should talk of his testimonials as Minister of Petroleum and later as Chairman of Petroleum Trust Fund where billions of naira went into thin air.

Buhari, a man who pride himself with ethnic and religion sentiments cannot lead in a pluralised state like ours. Apart from all these credentials, his age is another serious barrier as affirmed by him during his visit to South Africa in 2015.

It call for serious question; how APC settled for him to bring change, why those Almighty intellectuals supported his course and what made those E-Politicians on social media became his fans. Though many have regretted their actions and apologized but some are still seeing him as their political messiah.

However, we need to check both groups senses of judgment and reasoning for supporting him in first place. Like I always say those that supported Buhari candidacy in 2015 and those still supporting his obvious failures in Aso Rock are under political spells of APC.
I'm not talking of those unpatriotic men and women benefiting from this malady called government but those whose economical status have been reduced by high cost goods and services.

As for me Buhari has not disappointed me in anyway, what we are seeing today are his best acts. He can't do better than these as a man of borrowed integrity, religion fanatic, ethnic bigotry and nepotistic champion.

He has brought Nigeria backward at all fronts and he still want to do more. I can't just hold it, why a man that is going for another medical tourism will get such effrontery to decide to run for another term. Let the truth be told Buhari cannot conduct free and fair election come 2019, I believed he is backing on $1bn he just approved and incumbency muscle.

It is high time we begged our political elites to stop imposing wrong people on us as flag bearer. Let the truth be told whatever come out of their political calculus will become our choices at the poll.

Ifedayo Obi,
Lead Partner, Good Governance Advocates
He tweets through @IfedayoObi

(1) (Reply)

.. / Ayade Swears In High Court Judges. Happening Now... / Who Are You Voting For This Coming Osun Gubernatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.