Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:21 AM

Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency (9279 Views)

Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria / Elon Musk Says Twitter Deal Is Temporarily On Hold. See Why / UPS Holding My Package... Help?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by temitimx19(m): 1:27am On Apr 18, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4265344/buy-ship-deliver-usa-nigeria/7
Ship your phones, laptops and others for as low as $10 to Lagos
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by johnnyholtby(m): 7:31am On Apr 20, 2018
Yeah boss I got my package on Monday...i really hope and pray yih dont get to pay again cos it's point blank extortion..based on my experience now NDLEA is the craziest of them all..they literally bill people.anyways back to my story lol..I went to Lagos for the clearance...parted with 50k...It's ridiculous but that's naija for you...they were asking for unrealistic things...they actually asked for 100k but I begged them...It's a sad experience though...I thank God sha..big thanks for the comments and advises...I'd really like to know how to ship with all these third party carrier (I want legit one though)...can hit me up on whatsapp 08065791142
jaid23:

Hello op, I'm also presently in ur shoes, i also ordered an iphone7 online from lightinthebox and its to be shipped thru DHL evrything was going well tru d tracking until it got to our naija on saturday...

Go a call from dem sayin my package is with d customs that i will recieve a mail shortly on what my cuustom duty is.. Low and behold, i got a mail telling me to go pay 40,684naira chai.. I rant rant tire.. Until people that have experience such said its better to or else im willin to fotfeit my phone.. That was how i paid ooo...
Fast forwd to diix morning, got a call from dhl tellin me customs have cleared my package and now its been held again by DSS and NDLEA - I mean, how on earth does this concerns dis two agencies? I was asked to send some impossible document like pasport page of the shipper, letter stating my relationship wit him and some other impossible to get docs.. Told d guy i bought it online, and he said i should forwad my reecipt and my national id to one an email responsible to handle my issue, which i av done tonight..

Im waiting tommorow fo theirnresponse to knw my next line of action.
Would keep u.posted...

And by the way, have you been ablle to clear ur package frrm them?
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by johnnyholtby(m): 7:37am On Apr 20, 2018
johnnyholtby:
please note...they always hold any package(s) that has a significant price..especially them iPhones and Samsung galaxies...they gonna be asking you stupid questions especially if you're a student...if you're togo to their office in NACHO...please and please go with someone...a very bold fellow..also dress like a gentleman....better still you're gonna see some so called agents in greenlike jackets..they can help you but you gonna have to settle them...welcome to naija bruv

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by jaid23: 8:10am On Apr 20, 2018
johnnyholtby:
Yeah boss I got my package on Monday...i really hope and pray yih dont get to pay again cos it's point blank extortion..based on my experience now NDLEA is the craziest of them all..they literally bill people.anyways back to my story lol..I went to Lagos for the clearance...parted with 50k...It's ridiculous but that's naija for you...they were asking for unrealistic things...they actually asked for 100k but I begged them...It's a sad experience though...I thank God sha..big thanks for the comments and advises...I'd really like to know how to ship with all these third party carrier (I want legit one though)...can hit me up on whatsapp 08065791142

Ok great, just got a call from them this morning after I've sent them d receipt of my purchase to them having my name on it. They said my package is ready for delivery that I should be expecting their delivery man that they called to verify my address and to knw if I'm gonna be around to sign for it..

Thanks.

Mytrick:when I was asked to send d reciept of purchase and id to their email, I sent a cc of the email to a lawyer cousin (having d initials of law on his email address) grin

I don't knw if its my trick that worked or just due process took its course *lol*
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by somehow: 8:29am On Apr 20, 2018
Very simple. Once you can prove the legality of the purchase, they have no case again.
jaid23:

Ok great, just got a call from them this morning after I've sent them d receipt of my purchase to them having my name on it. They said my package is ready for delivery that I should be expecting their delivery man that they called to verify my address and to knw if I'm gonna be around to sign for it..

Thanks.

Mytrick:when I was asked to send d reciept of purchase and id to their email, I sent a cc of the email to a lawyer cousin (having d initials of law on his email address) grin

I don't knw if its my trick that worked or just due process took its course *lol*
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Travisjr: 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hello please I was sent a package through DHL and when the package got into Nigeria I was asked to pay a custom fee which I did pay yesterday, today I got a call from a DHL official saying DSS has seized the package

Please is this a scam?
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Yormight12: 11:45pm On Apr 29, 2022
I swear na only God can safe us in this country,I'm Also in this same issues now I don't it has been happen like this before I step into this I have paid #288,000 now for custom duty and I also got a text that my package as been hold by DSS again and they send a number to call,so no way I fit collet my phone now this is very bad ooo what concern DSS with importation issues wahala tide money wey I go borrow ��

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by adefisansamuel1: 2:54pm On May 11, 2022
Yormight12:
I swear na only God can safe us in this country,I'm Also in this same issues now I don't it has been happen like this before I step into this I have paid #288,000 now for custom duty and I also got a text that my package as been hold by DSS again and they send a number to call,so no way I fit collet my phone now this is very bad ooo what concern DSS with importation issues wahala tide money wey I go borrow ��

Were you able to collect it?
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Yormight12: 3:43pm On May 11, 2022
adefisansamuel1:

Were you able to collect it?

I'm still on it oooo,I spent like over 400+ now but they said nobody hold it again and it will soon out for delivery
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by machoboss: 1:56pm On Aug 15, 2022
Did you pay DSS before receiving your shipment?
Re: Urgent Help..my Package From Amazon Has Been On Hold By Nigeria Security Agency by Dwightventures(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2022
Day in day out people have changed naira to dollar to buy items from abroad to sell to Nigerians, and have gone through difficulties to establish a business.

Individual Nigerians IGNORE. those items to rot away here, change another set of naira to dollars to buy single items several thousand kilometers away, JUST BECAUSE they can do it, sometimes just to save a few thousand naira; whether the nation is dying from their individual actions, they can not care any less.

This practice amounts to billions of naira every year, destroyed businesses and the perpetrators of this unconscionable practice still looking for advice.

I'm certainly happy the chicken has come to roost. I know it's a 4 year original post, but clearly people are reviving it today because the practice continues.

Nigeria: the country with one of the most self-centered people in the WHOLE world

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mobitel , Another Internet Service Scam In Nigeria? / See Misstechy Play FIFA 15,GTA, Injustice & More At The Same Time On D Camon C8 / Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.