Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Looters’ List: Kwara Speaker Blasts Buhari Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Looters’ List: Kwara Speaker Blasts Buhari Govt (429 Views)

FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ / Donald Duke Blasts Buhari For Appointing Yusuf Magaji Bichi As New DG SSS / Fani-Kayode Reacts To His Name On Looters’ List Without PMB, VP, Tinubu's Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Looters’ List: Kwara Speaker Blasts Buhari Govt by 15Ebisco: 8:30am On Apr 11, 2018
The Speaker, Kwara State House of Assembly, Dr. Ali Ahmad, has criticized the Buhari government for releasing ‘looters list’.

Ahmad spoke in an interview with journalists in Ilorin, the state capital.

“To me, the expected looters’ list is an opposition list. I didn’t even read the other one and this one that is coming, I won’t read it. I know the names of those likely to be there, so I won’t waste my time reading it.

“I will rather invest my time on things that are resourceful and important. Honestly, preparing the looters’ list shows that the minister doesn’t have a serious work to do.

“You cannot fight corruption in Nigeria the way APC and the Federal Government are fighting it and get good results. First, our judicial system is very slow.

“What should be done is to change the perspectives of Nigerians about corruption and then strengthen the states and national assembly to do it”, Sun quoted him as saying.

On the President’s declaration to re-contest in 2019 presidential election, Ahmad said that Buhari had the constitutional right to contest for a second term.

“As a Nigerian and a politician, I want my party to win the presidential election,” he stated.

The Speaker also said that he would be interested in becoming the next governor of Kwara State if allowed by the stakeholders.

“If the people in authority believe that I’m capable, I will be interested in becoming Kwara State Governor in 2019,” Ahmad said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/looters-list-kwara-speaker-blasts.html

Re: Looters’ List: Kwara Speaker Blasts Buhari Govt by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 11, 2018
This is one of the few sensible politicians in the ruling party, he spoke the truth, the looters list contains only the name of PDP members from the last administration that are a still in the party, what about the names of those that have left the party like Saraki and co. that are now in APC or did saraki not steal also.
Stupid government.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING:- Hacker Takes Over Apc’s Twitter Page / General Yakubu Gowon's Advise To Buhari... / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.