Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup (2180 Views)

Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? / Adriano Finally Ends Goal Drought. / Liverpool's Gerrard And Milan Adriano Set For Real Madrid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by medjai(m): 11:52am On May 13, 2010
Coaches yesterday released provisional list of their teams to South Africa. France dropped Viera and surprisingly Benzema and Nasri. Benzema has had an underwhelming season following his summer move to Real Madrid but there is no doubt about his quality. Nasri was also dropped following an impressive season at Arsenal while his Arsenal team mate, Abou Diaby made the team.
Brazil coach, Dunga surprisingly dropped Ronaldinho, Pato and Adriano. Ronaldinho has had a good season at AC Milan and many a times was the only bright spot in the disappointing AC Milan side. Diego of Juventus also didnt make the 23 man list.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by AndreUweh(m): 7:26pm On May 13, 2010
I for see a situation where Dunga will be assassinated. Brazil may be knocked out in the first round and the manager's life is not spared. What a joke with his 23 man squad. For Christ sake, who is Grafite that is in his squad. Other jokes are Eduardo Silver, Batista and Klebersson. The only big name in this Brazil team is Kaka.
Dunga should think twice.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by medjai(m): 5:33pm On May 14, 2010
Frances' is worse. Apart from Malouda and Ribery, Benzema is still the most prolific attacker in that team. Domenech made a huge error to drop him. I wonder who they have that will deliver. Is it Pierre Andre Gignac, Thierry Henry, Bafetimbi Gomis, Sydney Govou or Anelka. These guys are a bunch of average players. Henry is used ou. I see them going out pretty early.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by Kay17: 6:42pm On May 14, 2010
Dunga is a defensive-minded coach, does not like Pato and big names. Dom shuld have taken Benzema.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by dipo2much(m): 7:44pm On May 14, 2010
its OK if he doesnt include Nasri. Nasri still has a lot of time ahead of him
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 7:51pm On May 14, 2010
Kay 17:

Dunga is a defensive-minded coach, does not like Pato and big names. Dom shuld have taken Benzema.

No disrespect but that's bullsh1t, there is no justification for his lacklustre decision, how do you explain dropping Ronnie (one of brazil's better player this season)

yet, he included mediocre players such as baptista, Kleberson . . . . . . . . in the shortlist.

I'm not sure fabiano, robinho, kaka, Grafite et al are any more disciplined than ronnie, pato et al. if anything, they are equally as bad at performing their

defensive duties. in a situation like that,where all things are equal, a players [b]proven quality and current form [/b]should take precedence

above everything else.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by dayokanu(m): 8:07pm On May 14, 2010
Its the coaches decision and he would be 100% responsible for their success or failure.

In 1998 when Aime Jacquet dropped Cantona and Ginola, everyone thought the heaven would fall and he ended up winning the mundial.

In 2002 when Scolari dropped Romario, He was nearly killed in Brazil but 2 months later, he won the mundial.

Also, league form does not translate into tournament performances.

Marco Van Basten was Highest goal scorer in the 1989/1990 serie A season but didnt score a goal at Italia 90,

In 1998, Stephane Guivar'ch was highest goal scorer in Ligue one and in the mundial played 5 games without scoring a single goal.

In 2002 Thierry Henry and Trezeguet topped the scorers chart in their various leagues but both couldnt score a single goal at the world cup while Ronaldo Lima who barely played that season ended top scorers.

In this world cup despite the woeful league form of Klose and Podolski watch out for their goal return in South Africa.

The one that baffles me most is Diego dropping Cambiasso and Zanetti. Lets hope t goes well for him else,
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 8:15pm On May 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Its the coaches decision and he would be 100% responsible for their success or failure.

In 1998 when Aime Jacquet dropped Cantona and Ginola, everyone thought the heaven would fall and he ended up winning the mundial.

In 2002 when Scolari dropped Romario, He was nearly killed in Brazil but 2 months later, he won the mundial.

Marco Van Basten was Highest goal scorer in the 1989/1990 serie A season but didnt score a goal at Italia 90,

In 1998, Stephane Guivar'ch was highest goal scorer in Ligue one and in the mundial played 5 games without scoring a single goal.

In 2002 Thierry Henry and Trezeguet topped the scorers chart in their various leagues but both couldnt score a single goal at the world cup while Ronaldo Lima who barely played that season ended top scorers.

In this world cup despite the woeful league form of Klose and Podolski watch out for their goal return in South Africa.

The one that baffles me most is Diego dropping Cambiasso and Zanetti. Lets hope t goes well for him else,

What exactly is your position. Are you supporting Dunga by using all these parables to justify his woeful decision.

Given you logic, we might as well argue that Argentina and Portugal should drop Messi and C.Ronaldo since they have often failed to perfom

well  for their respective national teams.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by dayokanu(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2010
What exactly is your position. Are you supporting Dunga by using all these parables to justify his woeful decision.

Given you logic, we might as well argue that Argentina and Portugal should drop Messi and C.Ronaldo since they have often failed to perfom

well for their respective national teams.

My position is that the coach should be allowed to choose any player that fits his system and wins for him.

If he decides to play Peter Rufai as striker, no probem as long as he wins
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 9:02pm On May 14, 2010
DK, Do you honestly and confidently see Dunga winning the world cup with this team. If the competing team play to the best of their abilities

Brazil has no chance in ****. I see only 3 World class players (based on ability and form in the last 2 years) on that list, Julio Cesar, Maicon and lucio.

The rest including kaka are average.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by triistar86: 9:10pm On May 14, 2010
dayokanu:

And if I may ask why did you pick 2 German players when you decided to propose a likely positive image of their performance at the coming world cup despite their woeful league form

Is it not so obvous  cool cool cool
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by triistar86: 9:17pm On May 14, 2010
jalether:

DK, Do you honestly and confidently see Dunga winning the world cup with this team. If the competing team play to the best of their abilities

Brazil has no chance in ****. I see only 3 World class players (based on ability and form in the last 2 years) on that list, Julio Cesar, Maicon and lucio.

I second that. . . .  Kaka is no longer the kaka everyone admired, but yet Ogbeni Dunga still picked him when it's so obvious he's been a shadow of himself all season. Even Yaradua (R.I.P)

would have known that Ronnie deserves a spot on that 23 man team  wink
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by chamotex(m): 9:35pm On May 14, 2010
jalether:

Picking World Class players doesn't guarantee you anything. Do you think these coaches are all stupid? (Domenech, Maradona and Dunga)
They know the players they want for their system and the way they want to play.
I'm not even shocked about Ronaldinho's omission one bit. He rarely featured in Dunga's plans in previous internationals anyway so why the surprise?

There's no room for Ronaldinho in Dunga's formation - its a simple as that.
Brazil had one of the best (if not the best) attacking side at the last World Cup and they were the favourites and what happened?

It's about the team not about individuals. These coaches want the best for their teams or do you think they will intentionally omit these players because they dont want to WIN the tournament?

These coaches would have thought hard and long enough before making their decisions.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by dayokanu(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2010

Anyone can win this world cup except England. Who are the teams better than Brazil on paper to start with. Then getting on the field and performing is an entirely different thing.

If every team performed to their potential then we should just use FIFA ranking to award thwe cup to the number 1 team.

The best teams of 2002, France and Argentina didnt cross the group stages. If anyone thinks Spain is going to win this, then you are mistakened, Watch how ordinary USA took them out 2-0 with all their regulars.

I see only 3 World class players (based on ability and form in the last 2 years)

The Brazilian team that won in 2002 probably had R. Carlos, Rivaldo and Cafu as players who were in form, The Italian team of 2006 had Canavro, Pirlo and Buffon who fit that bill.

This world cup, I can say Spain the favourite would be shocked out before the semis.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 9:54pm On May 14, 2010
chamotex:

Picking World Class players doesn't guarantee you anything. Do you think these coaches are all silly? (Domenech, Maradona and Dunga)
They know the players they want for their system and the way they want to play.
I'm not even shocked about Ronaldinho's omission one bit. He rarely featured in Dunga's plans in previous internationals anyway so why the surprise?

There's no room for Ronaldinho in Dunga's formation - its a simple as that.
Brazil had one of the best (if not the best) attacking side at the last World Cup and they were the favourites and what happened?

It's about the team not about individuals. These coaches want the best for their teams or do you think they will intentionally omit these players because they dont want to WIN the tournament?

These coaches would have thought hard and long enough before making their decisions.

Selecting world class players who are on great form does not guarantee success but mediocre players like Ramires,Baptista, Kleberson,

Grafite (who hasn't done jack shit this season) is what brings success, right. shocking.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 10:02pm On May 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Anyone can win this world cup except England. Who are the teams better than Brazil on paper to start with. Then getting on the field and performing is an entirely different thing.

If every team performed to their potential then we should just use FIFA ranking to award thwe cup to the number 1 team.

The best teams of 2002, France and Argentina didnt cross the group stages. If anyone thinks Spain is going to win this, then you are mistakened, Watch how ordinary USA took them out 2-0 with all their regulars.

The Brazilian team that won in 2002 probably had R. Carlos, Rivaldo and Cafu as players who were in form, The Italian team of 2006 had Canavro, Pirlo and Buffon who fit that bill.

This world cup, I can say Spain the favourite would be shocked out before the semis.

Really, Ballack was exceptional for Leverkusen going into the world cup and so was Oliver kahn for bayern, who were part of the big performers in 02 WC

so what are you on abt. As for Ronnaldo, Form is temporal but class is permanent. only a retard would have writen him off back in 02 not to make an impact

at the torny.

Tell me one player that had an abysmally poor season prior to the WC to emerge the best player of the torny.

I will make my theory very clear. Mediocre/average players contribution to the team is usually insignificant or average at best

If you must make a gamble, why not chose proven quality who have the capability to impsire a team to glory than mediocre players whose contribution at

best will not significantly impact a team success
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by chamotex(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2010
jalether:

Selecting world class players who are on great form does not guarantee success but mediocre players like Ramires,Baptista, Kleberson,

If these world class players dont fit into my system as a coach then I WONT pick them, whether they are in form or not - thats the difference.

Dont know about Baptista but Ramires and Kleberson will work their socks off for the team especially in the holding position.
Like I said before, Dunga knows why he's chosen them. They FIT into his way of playing. Remember Dunga is a defensive minded coach.

jalether:

Grafite (who hasn't done jack poo this season) is what brings success, right. shocking.

If you watch the Bundesliga, you would know that Grafite is not as useless as you think he is.

Do you think Fabio Capello is also a stupid coach for including Heskey in his sqaud.
Heskey is guaranteed a place in the English squad.
If any one has to drop out of that striking position, it would be Darren Bent who is the second highest British scorer in the league this season with 23 goals just behind Rooney.

But Capello hasn't chosen Heskey because he expects him to go and bang in goals at the WC, its his influence in the team particularly his link up play with Rooney. It's an asset in a different area. This same Heskey is the worst English striker ever in terms of goal ratio.
BUt Capello knows he WILL work well and complement the way Rooney plays.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 10:23pm On May 14, 2010
chamotex:

If these world class players dont fit into my system as a coach then I WONT pick them, whether they are in form or not - thats the difference.

Dont know about Baptista but Ramires and Kleberson will work their socks off for the team especially in the holding position.
Like I said before, Dunga knows why he's chosen them. They FIT into his way of playing. Remember Dunga is a defensive minded coach.

If you watch the Bundesliga, you would know that Grafite is not as useless as you think he is.

Do you think Fabio Capello is also a silly coach for including Heskey in his sqaud.
Heskey is guaranteed a place in the English squad.
If any one has to drop out of that striking position, it would be Darren Bent who is the second highest British scorer in the league this season with 23 goals just behind Rooney.

But Capello hasn't chosen Heskey because he expects him to go and bang in goals at the WC, its his influence in the team particularly his link up play with Rooney. It's an asset in a different area. This same Heskey is the worst English striker ever in terms of goal ratio.
BUt Capello knows he WILL work well and complement the way Rooney plays.

What notable success has that system, (same used under Sven and McClaren) brought England. They still haven't won ANY competition since 66

there must be a balance in the gap between what system should work and what actually works. Of what point is a yeye system that hasn't yielded any trophy

I'm a realist and it's all about being realistic, you must put your best foot forward. if capello, dunga et al are world class managers then what stops them from

getting the best out of their in form players regardless of any system used and moreover there should always be a plan B for every strategy anyway. In

business, a successful firm always build its strategy around its strength and best resources and Heskey sure aint one of England's best resources
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by chamotex(m): 10:33pm On May 14, 2010
jalether:

What notable success has that system, (same used under Sven and McClaren) brought England. They still haven't won ANY competition since 66

there must be a balance in the gap between what system should work and what actually works. Of what point is a yeye system that hasn't yielded any trophy

You are missing the point.
The system = their best chance of success. It doesn't guarantee England winning it.
Spain has the best squad going into this WC but they probably wont WIN it.

ITALY won the last WC but they didnt have the best players or individuals per say . . . . but they had the BEST team for the system they played.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by honeric01(m): 10:43pm On May 14, 2010
The coaches surely know what they want, no coach would want to pick a player he's not comfortable with, dunga appears not to like Ronnie's style of play, so make una leave am jare.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 10:50pm On May 14, 2010
chamotex:

You are missing the point.
The system = their best chance of success. It doesn't guarantee England winning it.
Spain has the best squad going into this WC but they probably wont WIN it.

ITALY won the last WC but they didnt have the best players or individuals per say . . . . but they had the BEST team for the system they played.

Your logic is flawed in the sense that a teams best system cannot be reached until you have FULLY experimented with the talent/players at your disposal

to determine what works best and even when the best system is determined, chosing mediocre players simply because they fit the system is still counter-

productive IMO and in reality. The Italy players that won the WC in 06 were great/WC players and most of them peaked around 05/06/07 which reflected in

their performance at the torny. Heskey is not only mediocre but has also past his prime,which explains why he is stuggling to get games at villa

a system is only as good as the players, that's all I'm saying
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by medjai(m): 10:51pm On May 14, 2010
In as much as it is up to the coaches to decide what is best for the team its obvious Domenech is making a big mistake. What is left of the French team is just a bunch of untested average players.
Dunga is one manager i believe in and i trust his sense of judgement. Graffite is a good player. He is good at holdin the ball and bring other strikers into play. Dunga has won every competition he has taken charge of Brazil; Copa America, Confed. cup, W/C qualifiers et al.
Maradona is an inexperienced manager and will be exposed at the mundial. Cambiasso is the best DM Argentina has at the moment. He even called a used out Veron and Palermo. I read that he is likely to drop Milito in the final 23-man list.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by Kgdavid(m): 9:55am On May 15, 2010
Maradonna and Domenech are big quacks who struggled to make it to the world cup and will struggle to stay there. there is simply no justification for leaving out Nasri and Benzema and picking the likes of gignac neither can the decision to leave out Zanetti and Cambiaso be rationalised. i think on current form ronaldinho deserved a spot but so far Dunga has been consistent with his squad and results so i would advice that he continue to do what works for him.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 5:47pm On May 15, 2010
chamotex:

Abeg we had great players oooo. Buffon(was and still is the world's best), Back two of Canna and Sandro, Pirlo and Gattuso.
Plus We had a bit of luck. Grosso(one of the players of the tournament) was selected after a player dropped out injured.

jalether:

No one gave Italy a chance in 2006 and guess who won? undecided
Also Luis Fabiano and Kaka are far from average. Fabby is one of the world's best strikers.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2010
dayokanu:

I've said that times without numbers. The winners will come from one of Argentina,Brazil,Germany and Italy. Possibly England tongue.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by slimshay(m): 6:17pm On May 15, 2010
chic2pimp:

I've said that times without numbers. The winners will come from one of Argentina,Brazil,Germany and Italy. Possibly England tongue.

Argentina have the best player in world, but that is canceled out by the fact that they have the must 'doofus' coach in the world.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 6:36pm On May 15, 2010
slimshay:

Argentina have the best player in world, but that is canceled out by the fact that they have the must 'doofus' coach in the world.
Fair Point. However I still consider em' one of the favourites.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by dayokanu(m): 8:22pm On May 15, 2010
Didnt dummyneck get to the world cup finals last time despite being a doofus.

Thing is, Kaka and Dinho cant play together if I am coach. Its either one or the other, Check the last world cup and see the clusterfuck of playing Adriano, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Robinho all together just because the coach wants to satisfy the public by taking all the players in form

Dunga being defensively minded cant afford 2 players who contribute nothing defensively
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by medjai(m): 9:24pm On May 15, 2010
Dunga's style is all about efficiency. A blend of hardworkers and some fairly skillfull. He hates excessively skillfull players thats why Ronaldinho wont fit in. The defensive midfielders he uses, like Melo for instance are pretty mobile and also good at attacking and it has been working for him. He has been getting positive results and they are my favourites to win the world cup.
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by A40(m): 11:48pm On May 15, 2010
@Chic2pimp
Comot Argentina & England from your list abeg both teams are perennial chokers and this time would be no different

Kaka has done nada this season i just hope Dunga doesn't regret dropping Ronaldinho who has clearly been better

Domenech! SMH the dude picked a Makalele that has absolutely retired from footie! How on earth did that guy become a coach?

Maradona dropped Cambiasso for an overrated Mascherano who he made captain! This is what happens when a crackhead is made coach
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by jalether(m): 12:51am On May 16, 2010
@ DK, even Mr Bean should know ronnaldinho has been the better player this season. going by your argument regarding

both players not fitting into the system. given the fact that both lack tactical discipline and he can only choose one, shouldn't that 1st choice be ronnaldinho?

give me 1 argument why kaka should be ahead of ronnaldinho, on the basis of what exactly. Now let's accept Dunga is a fool by preferring kaka ahead of Ronnie,

what happens if kaka gets injured, suspended or ineffective and the team is in need of a creative spark/infusion, wouldn't ronnie be a perfect replacement from

the bench . . . . . . why exclude him from the squad?I still maintain my stance Dunga's decision is disgraceful and unjustifiable. EOD
Re: Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup by ritchboy(m): 1:13am On May 16, 2010
Dunga virtually plays with 3 defensive midfielders(Gilberto, Ramires & Melo). . . At first thought it seems negative, but then there's also Kaka, Robinho & Fabiano. It's a very effective counter-attacking system, and it works for him. What i dont understand is Grafite's role in the team. Player? Coach? Physio? Cheer-leader? cheesy

Spain are clearly the best team, on paper or otherwise. They have the three best midfielders on earth in Xavi, Cesc & Iniesta(not to mention the likes of Silva, Alonso & Pedro) the best strikers(Villa, Torres), arguably the best goalie, and very capable defenders. But as we all know, the best team doesnt always win.

MarMadona and DUMMYnech are obviously retarded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brazillian Wizkid Neymar Passes His Barca Medical Set To Unviel Tonight (photos) / Barcelona Vs Sporting Gijon (3 - 1) On March 3rd 2012 / A New Era At Real Madrid!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.