Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,454 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) (53366 Views)

My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!! / Woman Shows Off Her 'Flat' Stomach Six Months Into Her Pregnancy (Photos) / I Have Been Having Itchy Penis For Over Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by Sunnywhite0027(m): 3:25am On Apr 12, 2018
Hahaha! The good work of spyrogera
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:51am On Apr 12, 2018
Any water storage tank that is transparent or translucent (such as the one in the picture) and therefore admits light to penetrate through it is susceptible to algae growth - algae thrive in such conditions.
The best solution is to buy a black tank right from the beginning or paint your existing one completely jet black in order to cut off any light source that would support such growth of alga - have done same to all my tanks after noticing worse gunk in them than the one pictured.
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by WhoBeThisMan: 5:51am On Apr 12, 2018
EloquentMedia:
Better get a professional cleaning company to handle it for you

0803 222 5662

info@cleaneat.com.ng

www.cleaneat.com.ng
sharp guy.. Cool
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by castrol180(m): 7:34am On Apr 12, 2018
ireneidiva:

Well water is not for drinking. Water goes through sever stages before it is good for drinking. Alum alone is not good. Now use google to find the effects of excessive alum consumption.

But water corporation of various states engage in treating dirty dammed river water with chlorine/fluorine and alum before distributing it out to the public for consumption and so many people drink the water and at the same time use it for cooking
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by Readonee35L(m): 7:50am On Apr 12, 2018
mytym:

Bravo.
Every 2weeks, I used to wash the transparent filters that take flow to/fro our tank due algae production until one day our plumber suggested if I can wrap the transparent filters with Black polythene bags and seal tightly that there won't be any green substance forming. Immediately I knew "wow photosynthesis".

Funny thing is he could not explain the science he just knew it won't grow for a long time. Last time I cleaned the filters was in 2016. Since I wrapped, no green coloration in water.
Smile.
Things we learn in school makes more sense when experienced in resl life

1 Like

Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by thedondada(m): 8:25am On Apr 12, 2018
Izuogu1:
i'm presently holding a sachet water in my hands while reading your comment.. I feel like vomiting... Aww

grin grin grin
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by Iamzik: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2018
Readonee35L:
Thats why you have black tanks.
Algae can't form in them since there is no sunlight

Says who? Take a peep into your darling black tank after 6 months and see.

As long as its covered and in the sun, the water will heat to atleast 35 degrees during the day and cool during the night. Meanwhile I'm almost certain that your water tank capacity will serve you for at least 3 day during which the water sits there stagnant. That's all that is required to grow algae.

Take a peep in your tank and confirm
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by ireneidiva(f): 9:10am On Apr 12, 2018
castrol180:

But water corporation of various states engage in treating dirty dammed river water with chlorine/fluorine and alum before distributing it out to the public for consumption and so many people drink the water and at the same time use it for cooking

Alum just helps particles to settle down. Just imagine the micro organisms still left in water. Water passes through sedimentation, filtration and other processes before it becomes good enough for drinking. Adding only alum is not good. Drink sachet water instead. Water corporation bodies use many processes to purify water. They just don't add alum.
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by castrol180(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2018
ireneidiva:

Alum just helps particles to settle down. Just imagine the micro organisms still left in water. Water passes through sedimentation, filtration and other processes before it becomes good enough for drinking. Adding only alum is not good. Drink sachet water instead. Water corporation bodies use many processes to purify water. They just don't add alum.

Alright
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by Barzinime(m): 12:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lol.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are a clown

buygala:
I can't remember the GP overhead tank in the house where I grew up ever being washed.....

And our neighbours used it all through my childhood...

And they are all Hale and hearty

Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by Crixina(f): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
Bobosneh:
no learn this one o. na rubbish o
don't know what to learn again, make I google am
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by nextstep(m): 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
There are several stages for well water treatment:
Alum helps to join sediments so they become heavy and sink.
Filters remove fine particles and larger parasites
Chlorine treatment tank kills bacteria and viruses (some people are looking at ultraviolet UV)

Ideally you would wash your well every dry season with strong bleach concentrate. Use a bucket to remove the dirty water.
Then when it's filled with water, add alum.
Then if you're able to have somebody arrange a chlorine mixing tank so that the water you pump into your overhead tank is chlorinated. This should give your whole house potable water (no need for buying table or pure water). (I saw somebody selling this on nairaland a while back https://www.nairaland.com/491158/dont-buy-bottled-water-satchet#27966045 )
Then once every few years, clean the overhead tank with concentrated chlorine
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by grebabdeoland19: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2023
Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is one of the leading water supply companies in Nigeria. They have a team of highly qualified professionals who are committed to providing the best services to their customers.

Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply offers a variety of services, from plumbing and repairs to maintenance and installation. These products are made from the highest quality materials and use the latest technology to ensure maximum efficiency. They are always available to answer questions and address any concerns that you may have.

They also provide a wide range of products, from pipes and valves to fittings and fixtures.

One of the best things about Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is their customer service. Furthermore, their technicians are highly trained and experienced, and they use the latest tools and techniques to ensure the job is done right the first time. They can provide installation and maintenance services for a variety of water systems, from pumps and tanks to filtration systems.

Overall, Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is a great company to work with.

Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply also offers a wide range of services for commercial and industrial customers. They also provide repair services for all types of plumbing and water supply systems. Their commitment to quality and customer service is second to none, and they have an impressive range of services and products.

Overall, Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is a great company to work with. To find out more about Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply, check out this comprehensive review at topratedreviews great-site net/2023/06/09/geepee-plumbing-a-comprehensive-review-of-nigerias-top-water-supply-company/..

To find out more about Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply, check out this comprehensive review at topratedreviews great-site net/2023/06/09/geepee-plumbing-a-comprehensive-review-of-nigerias-top-water-supply-company/..
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by credjaatravaf19: 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is one of Nigeria's top water supply companies. They also offer a range of other services such as leak detection and repair, pipe cleaning, and drain cleaning. This article provides an in-depth look at the company, their services, customer reviews, and more. The company has a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing top-notch service and quality products. Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply also offers a range of services such as installation of water heaters and pumps, as well as leak detection and repair. With their extensive experience and expertise, Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply can provide reliable and efficient services for all your water supply needs.

The company has a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing top-notch service and quality products. Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply also offers a range of services such as installation of water heaters and pumps, as well as leak detection and repair. With their extensive experience and expertise, Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply can provide reliable and efficient services for all your water supply needs.

In addition, they can provide general plumbing services such as pipe cleaning and drain cleaning. With their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is sure to deliver a satisfactory service to all their valued customers..

With their commitment to quality and customer satisfaction, Geepee Plumbing & Water Supply is sure to deliver a satisfactory service to all their valued customers..
Re: What Your Gee-pee Tank Looks Like After Six Months And After Washing (photos) by imagrg(m): 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
Rat died in one near my house and people have been enjoying the water. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Young Lady Runs Mad In Enugu. Do You Know Her? (Video) / Stop Using 12.5kg Cylinders As Camp Gas - Nigerians Warned / Coronavirus: Man Washes His Mouth With Hand-Sanitizer (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.