Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,597 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! (47283 Views)

Avoid Pink Pussy Pills & Other Unregulated Sex Enhancement Drugs - Expert Warns / Kenyan Baby Starts Menstruating At Four Months, Develops Pubic Hair / Stop Using Saliva As Sex Lubricant - Medical Expert Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by donstan641(m): 11:17am On Apr 12, 2018
What are this people smoking.

Please i am buying itunes card
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by joinnow: 1:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
As seen in 1000 ways to Die tongue
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
Teespice:

did you read what I told humility or you just want to talk?

please don't get on my nerves this morning.
Lol! Oya sorry eeeh
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by psyqs(m): 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
HomeOfMe:
..and those with gray hair.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
I shaved about 3weeks ago and I'm carrying a big boil in my armpit and an itchy groin
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Rozaytee: 12:41am On Apr 13, 2018
RapportNaija:
Who still clean shave pubic hair?

See why you should NEVER SHAVE YOUR PUBIC HAIR COMPLETELY
pig
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Rozaytee: 12:44am On Apr 13, 2018
Ratello:
Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns!

An Abuja-based medical expert, Dr Arikawe Adeolu, has issued a warning to people who love shaving off their pubic hair.

Adeolu advised that it is safer to trim the hair rather than shaving it off completely as complete shaving can expose the skin to bacterial infection.

He added that the pubic hair served a major purpose of providing some level of cushioning for the individual, especially during sexual activity, preventing the skin from rubbing against another and causing abrasion.

“When you completely shave the pubic hair, it re-grows in a slanted fashion with the tip sometimes growing into the pubic skin, which can crack open the skin. 

“It is usually a small crack which cannot be seen with the naked eyes but due to this crack and loss of integrity of the skin at that level, there is increased risk of getting infection. 

“Complete shaving can also cause boil to develop in that region. This is because when you shave, you cause some level of abrasion in the area which opens up the skin.

He explained that if the skin around the pubic region was completely shaved and the individual’s skin came into contact with another person’s skin, friction would be increased due to the skin to skin contact.

He advised that individuals who were worried about the lack of hygiene due to untended pubic hair should consider trimming rather than complete shaving or waxing of the hair.

“These small openings cannot be seen with the eye but they are big enough for the micro organisms to get into the body. 

“Also, because the pubic area is always moist, this serves as breeding ground for organisms like bacteria.”

Adeolu said that trimming the pubic hair would also help to reduce the risk of getting Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI), which could also be contacted when fluid from an infected partner’s Instruments came into contact with the pubic area.

According to him, if the partner is already infected, the virus in the semen or body fluid can easily penetrate the skin of the other to infect the individual.

He said that this infection was mostly caused by a virus known as ‘Molluscum contagiosum’, adding that there had been significant increase in incidences of such infection in hospitals.

“It is a viral infection that is also categorised as an STI. It affects the skin and does not need treatment; usually after a couple of weeks or months, the symptoms go away by themselves. 

“You also have an increased risk of contracting other STIs such as HIV, Hepatitis, genital warts by complete shaving of the pubic hair,’’ Adeolu said.

https://www.naija.ng/995961-shocking-reason-must-stop-shaving-pubic-hair.html

dirty quack doctor
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by PinkDick(m): 1:07am On Apr 13, 2018
Ratello:
Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns!

An Abuja-based medical expert, Dr Arikawe Adeolu, has issued a warning to people who love shaving off their pubic hair.

Adeolu advised that it is safer to trim the hair rather than shaving it off completely as complete shaving can expose the skin to bacterial infection.

He added that the pubic hair served a major purpose of providing some level of cushioning for the individual, especially during sexual activity, preventing the skin from rubbing against another and causing abrasion.

“When you completely shave the pubic hair, it re-grows in a slanted fashion with the tip sometimes growing into the pubic skin, which can crack open the skin. 

“It is usually a small crack which cannot be seen with the naked eyes but due to this crack and loss of integrity of the skin at that level, there is increased risk of getting infection. 

“Complete shaving can also cause boil to develop in that region. This is because when you shave, you cause some level of abrasion in the area which opens up the skin.

He explained that if the skin around the pubic region was completely shaved and the individual’s skin came into contact with another person’s skin, friction would be increased due to the skin to skin contact.

He advised that individuals who were worried about the lack of hygiene due to untended pubic hair should consider trimming rather than complete shaving or waxing of the hair.

“These small openings cannot be seen with the eye but they are big enough for the micro organisms to get into the body. 

“Also, because the pubic area is always moist, this serves as breeding ground for organisms like bacteria.”

Adeolu said that trimming the pubic hair would also help to reduce the risk of getting Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI), which could also be contacted when fluid from an infected partner’s Instruments came into contact with the pubic area.

According to him, if the partner is already infected, the virus in the semen or body fluid can easily penetrate the skin of the other to infect the individual.

He said that this infection was mostly caused by a virus known as ‘Molluscum contagiosum’, adding that there had been significant increase in incidences of such infection in hospitals.

“It is a viral infection that is also categorised as an STI. It affects the skin and does not need treatment; usually after a couple of weeks or months, the symptoms go away by themselves. 

“You also have an increased risk of contracting other STIs such as HIV, Hepatitis, genital warts by complete shaving of the pubic hair,’’ Adeolu said.

https://www.naija.ng/995961-shocking-reason-must-stop-shaving-pubic-hair.html

This can't work for me. I shave my armpits and my pp every 3 days.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Ratello: 1:39am On Apr 13, 2018
Rozaytee:
dirty quack doctor

You think so, you better follow his simple instructions of trimming instead of outright shaving which could be dangerous

1 Like

Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 13, 2018
Teespice:

did you read what I told humility or you just want to talk?

please don't get on my nerves this morning.
Ok sorry u hear?
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Teespice(f): 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
chisco82:
Ok sorry u hear?
no hard feelings.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 14, 2018
Teespice:

no hard feelings.
Aright.
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by jbblues24(m): 7:00am On May 31, 2019
If I roll once and you roll twice. What does that mean? kiss
Re: Stop Shaving Pubic Hair – Expert Warns! by jbblues24(m): 12:54am On Jun 02, 2019
I think I'm crying. It's that good. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenyan Man Attacked By Hippopotamus, Loses Both Legs (Graphic Photo) / James & John Ugwuoke: Conjoined Twins After Surgery Involving 22 Indian Doctors / Young Man Jumps Out Of Car, Starts Acting Crazy (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.