Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

My Hatred For Buhari... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Hatred For Buhari... (594 Views)

IPOB Hatred For Iran Is Born Of Ignorance. / Buhari’s Independent Speech Shows Fixated Hatred For Igbos – Ozekhome / The Northern President Speech Shows His Deep Hatred For Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hatred For Buhari... by Mist100: 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
In 2011, I was almost 30 and ready to take part in the presidential elections of that year. It was a contest between incumbent Goodluck Jonathan and Gen Mohammed Buhari (rtd). The picture of Buhari was that of a mean figure with an agenda to Islamize Nigeria. Yes, even worse. He was a man whose plan was to introduce austere measures like he did in 1984.

I remember my friend Chibuzor trying to dissuade me from voting for the incumbent Goodluck Jonathan “ the one without shoes”, that Buhari was the man for the Job. How mad can anyone get by wanting to vote for a Buhari with violent Islamic tendencies? one who was the first to ever Jail a woman? Chibuzor Peter has finally gone mad.
I was able to persuade Chibuzor and other of my friends to vote Goodluck Jonathan. For he will deliver the good we want, provide us with the needed Jobs and help restore our Nigerian pride.
Goodluck Jonathan won. INEC announced victory for the incumbent.

But 2 years into the government, an air of lawlessness enveloped every area of our national lives. Bank robberies in Ikoyi, Ikorodu, Ikeja seem unending. Fear slowly replaced hope. Despair became my secret story for I was too ashamed to admit my mistake in Goodluck Jonathan, a gamble gone wrong.
Guys I dissuaded from voting Buhari jokingly taunted me-“See as your uncle don take our shoes for our leg” but I would still try to defend my choice but deep within I knew it was a gamble gone wrong. Boko haram grew fiercer every day to the point when I was afraid I or someone close will be the next target. Then a story came in. My neighbor in the other block in mile 2 was shot in cold blood while her friends were blown to shreds by the Boko haram bastards far away in the North. She was the inlaw to the founder of Iroko network serving in the compulsory NYSC.

At the other side of the Niger was one Asari Dokubo who was been paid huge sums to the tune of 1,000,000 dollars for pipeline survelliance. Where was our Navy? Stories of Dezianni filtered in leading to the suspension and eventual sack of Sanusi lamido.

In the midst of lack, our economy was gradually dollarized. People in high places freely spent dollars within our boundaries. What a shame. I waited till 2015 to correct my mistake in Goodluck. Thankfully this happened in Buhari.
Buhari is far from perfect, but making mistakes and learning is part of the process. Still I cannot completely vouch for him but until a better candidate emerges, he is still the best in the pack.

As for Chibuzor, he is not there yet, but he is far from the hopelessness that loomed at the time.

Memoirs Of a Village boy…

1 Like

Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by SalamRushdie: 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2018
Is this the new BMC approach...God punish anybody who tells me to vote Buhari

1 Like

Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by Mist100: 10:00pm On Apr 11, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Is this the new BMC approach...God punish anybody who tells me to vote Buhari

BMC?
Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by musa234(m): 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
Rubbish.. Jonathan was a failure but buhari is a disaster
Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by Flashh: 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2018
^^^

Musa.

2 Likes

Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by Xander85: 10:25pm On Apr 11, 2018
musa234:
Rubbish.. Jonathan was a failure but buhari is a disaster

I've noticed anytime you guys finally want to admit that Buhari is an unmitigated disaster, you always have to include GEJ just to make the pill a bit more bearable to swallow.

Ask anyone if they'd like the Nigerian socio-economic fortunes to reset back to the GEJ years...they'd grab the offer so fast, your arms would come off!

1 Like

Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by musa234(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2018
Xander85:

I've noticed anytime you guys finally want to admit that Buhari is an unmitigated disaster, you always have to include GEJ just to make the pill a bit more bearable to swallow.

Ask anyone if they'd like the Nigerian socio-economic fortunes to reset back to the GEJ years...they'd grab the offer so fast, your arms would come off!
Doesnt change the fact that Jonathan goofed when he
had the opportunity to cement his status in Nigerias democracy just like yaradua, but I must say, he was far better than buhari, I ain't a sentimental being, I Say things as they seem. He performed poorly as far as I'm concerned,eventhough he was far better than pmb in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Mist100:

BMC?

You are a disgrace to sanity
You wrote this trash just to insult our intelligence

Buhari is a certified dullard
An idiot of the highest echelon
A mistake of a man

He is a calamity... That must be sent back to daura

1 Like

Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by Enice(m): 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2018
Mist100:
In 2011, I was almost 30 and ready to take part in the presidential elections of that year. It was a contest between incumbent Goodluck Jonathan and Gen Mohammed Buhari (rtd). The picture of Buhari was that of a mean figure with an agenda to Islamize Nigeria. Yes, even worse. He was a man whose plan was to introduce austere measures like he did in 1984.

I remember my friend Chibuzor trying to dissuade me from voting for the incumbent Goodluck Jonathan “ the one without shoes”, that Buhari was the man for the Job. How mad can anyone get by wanting to vote for a Buhari with violent Islamic tendencies? one who was the first to ever Jail a woman? Chibuzor Peter has finally gone mad.
I was able to persuade Chibuzor and other of my friends to vote Goodluck Jonathan. For he will deliver the good we want, provide us with the needed Jobs and help restore our Nigerian pride.
Goodluck Jonathan won. INEC announced victory for the incumbent.

But 2 years into the government, an air of lawlessness enveloped every area of our national lives. Bank robberies in Ikoyi, Ikorodu, Ikeja seem unending. Fear slowly replaced hope. Despair became my secret story for I was too ashamed to admit my mistake in Goodluck Jonathan, a gamble gone wrong.
Guys I dissuaded from voting Buhari jokingly taunted me-“See as your uncle don take our shoes for our leg” but I would still try to defend my choice but deep within I knew it was a gamble gone wrong. Boko haram grew fiercer every day to the point when I was afraid I or someone close will be the next target. Then a story came in. My neighbor in the other block in mile 2 was shot in cold blood while her friends were blown to shreds by the Boko haram bastards far away in the North. She was the inlaw to the founder of Iroko network serving in the compulsory NYSC.

At the other side of the Niger was one Asari Dokubo who was been paid huge sums to the tune of 1,000,000 dollars for pipeline survelliance. Where was our Navy? Stories of Dezianni filtered in leading to the suspension and eventual sack of Sanusi lamido.

In the midst of lack, our economy was gradually dollarized. People in high places freely spent dollars within our boundaries. What a shame. I waited till 2015 to correct my mistake in Goodluck. Thankfully this happened in Buhari.
Buhari is far from perfect, but making mistakes and learning is part of the process. Still I cannot completely vouch for him but until a better candidate emerges, he is still the best in the pack.

As for Chibuzor, he is not there yet, but he is far from the hopelessness that loomed at the time.

Memoirs Of a Village boy…

Na wa. This long epistle just because you hate Buhari. Hate him all you want, who cares. You are not the only one, so it is no news. But stop the lies. Nobody gives a fvck who you are, what you do or who you hate. These PDP wailer with new campaign gimmicks "I hate Buhari" who cares!
Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by Mist100: 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

You are a disgrace to sanity
You wrote this trash just to insult our intelligence

Buhari is a certified dullard
An idiot of the highest echelon
A mistake of a man

He is a calamity... That must be sent back to daura

Your insanity is immeasurable. what is wrong in you countering the points raised instead of the insults. Is this how you hope to win elections?

Frustrated fellow
Re: My Hatred For Buhari... by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2018
Mist100:

Your insanity is immeasurable. what is wrong in you countering the points raised instead of the insults. Is this how you hope to win elections?

Frustrated fellow

I don't speak zombie

(1) (Reply)

Admit Failure, Stop Blaming Gaddafi For Nigeria’s Security Challenges – Pdp Tell / Why Police Will Not Be Required To Vet Rivers’ Security Outfit Recruits / Court Bars Lai Muhammed From Including Name Of PDP Chairman, Uche Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.