Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (7052 Views)

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People / Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol / Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

How did New Atheism obtain this identity for itself?
the-four-horseman

1. They use people's ignorance to their advantage.
Most people who attend atheist conferences and events are laymen. Most people who read the books of Harris, Hitchens, and Dawkins are laymen. Most have not taken any courses in philosophy or had formal training in logic. Most are under-educated in the areas of religious studies and theology.

What nonsense is this? Is this projection? Christianity (and other religions)use people's ignorance to further its evangelism.

In fact, higher levels of intelligence are correlated with atheism. The opposite is for religion
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by hopefulLandlord: 3:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
superhumanist:

What nonsense is this? Is this projection? Christianity (and other religions)use people's ignorance to further its evangelism.

In fact, higher levels of intelligence are correlated with atheism. The opposite is for religion

Its even a very idiotic point as most of the books by these guys are targeted at laymen. Dawkins said in "god Delusion" that his book is targeted at such people NOT philosophers.

I also find it ridiculous and nonsensical how someone now needs philosophy courses to understand a book written to lampoon a religion someone bought into without philosophy courses

How many Christians and Muslims chose their religion because they feel its "Philosophically sound"? how many Christians/Muslims listened to Cosmological, Moral, Ontological, Teleological argumens before they became Christians/Muslims?
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2018
superhumanist:

Do you mean 'intelligence' as depicted below? undecided

Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 3:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Do you mean 'intelligence' as depicted below? undecided

They believe they came from stupid and now that they are homosapiens they now refer to themselves as apes. I wonder why they do not ever think that they could evolve to something more than human? grin
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2018
Butterflyleo:

They believe they came from stupid and now that they are homosapiens they now refer to themselves as apes. I wonder why they do not ever think that they could evolve to something more than human? grin

Kindly keep quiet. You don't even understand the irony you just put yourself into.

You say atheists are stupid because they accept evolution while intelligence is highly correlated with belief in evolution.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2018
superhumanist:

Kindly keep quiet. You don't even understand the irony you just put yourself into.

You say atheists are stupid because they accept evolution while intelligence is highly correlated with belief in evolution.

You are sadly in a quagmire of error.

Intelligence improves or evolves based on levels of exposure and is different from the evolution of mankind from a cell or from a fish or from an ape. grin

You are the one who has no clue what you are talking about.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 3:54pm On Apr 20, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are sadly in a quagmire of error.

Intelligence improves or evolves based on levels of exposure and is different from the evolution of mankind from a cell or from a fish or from an ape. grin

You are the one who has no clue what you are talking about.

I'm finally understanding you. You talk nonsense in order to obfuscate when you cannot argue against hard logic.

What you just said has no correlation with the fact that intelligence is positively correlated with acceptance of evolution.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2018
superhumanist:

I'm finally understanding you. You talk nonsense in order to obfuscate when you cannot argue against hard logic.

What you just said has no correlation with the fact that intelligence is positively correlated with acceptance of evolution.

Actually as a fact it isn't. Nobody needs to believe in evolution to be intelligent. Duh.

Exposure to mental stimuli, academic stimuli and intellectual stimuli makes one intelligent and not acceptance of evolution.

What planet are you from? grin
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2018
The OP is right. New atheists are not intellectually bright if one of them is claiming that belief in evolution makes one more intelligent grin

Its like saying belief in fishes makes one know how to drive a car. Amazing cheesy
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 4:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Actually as a fact it isn't. Nobody needs to believe in evolution to be intelligent. Duh.

Exposure to mental stimuli, academic stimuli and intellectual stimuli makes one intelligent and not acceptance of evolution.

What planet are you from? grin

Red herring. Obfuscation.

What you said has no bearing on the fact that intelligence is positively correlated with acceptance of evolution.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2018
superhumanist:

Red herring. Obfuscation.

What you said has no bearing on the fact that intelligence is positively correlated with acceptance of evolution.

Still repeating the same nonsense despite the repeated corrections. Are you a robot? grin
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
Butterflyleo:

And I wonder why they get annoyed whenever we call them relatives of apes.

Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Still repeating the same nonsense despite the repeated corrections. Are you a robot? grin

You can't twist your way out of this

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2012/01/24/education-directly-correlates-with-acceptance-of-evolution/

The higher your level of education, the more likely you are going to accept evolution.

The issue you so want to twist is that

1. Neither Atheism nor acceptance of evolution will make you smarter

2. However things that will make you smart (eg eductation, philosophy , exposure) will push you to atheism.

Checkmate
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On Apr 20, 2018
superhumanist:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatches/2012/01/24/education-directly-correlates-with-acceptance-of-evolution/

The higher your level of education, the more likely you are going to accept evolution.

2. However things that will make you smart (eg eductation, philosophy , exposure) will push you to atheism.

Checkmate

Man smart but a woman smarter. cool

Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 5:14pm On Apr 20, 2018
superhumanist:

Checkmate

And how does lack of acceptance of evolution restrict educational prowess and growth?

And sorry its also on record that all those exposures have pushed many to Christianity.

Sorry for your loss.

People like Rosalind Picard , Hugh Ross, Alistair McGrath, Francis Collins, Alexis Carrel - French surgeon and biologist who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1912, Vladimir Putin - current President of the Russian Federation. YES HE WAS ONCE AN ATHEIST, C S Lewis, Dr Russell Humphreys, etc

CHECKMATE! grin

1 Like

Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 10:10pm On Apr 20, 2018
Butterflyleo:

And how does lack of acceptance of evolution restrict educational prowess and growth?

And sorry its also on record that all those exposures have pushed many to Christianity.

Sorry for your loss.

People like Rosalind Picard , Hugh Ross, Alistair McGrath, Francis Collins, Alexis Carrel - French surgeon and biologist who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1912, Vladimir Putin - current President of the Russian Federation. YES HE WAS ONCE AN ATHEIST, C S Lewis, Dr Russell Humphreys, etc

CHECKMATE! grin

This was a truly inept response lacking critical thought.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Dalamama: 10:35pm On Apr 20, 2018
Butterflyleo:
The OP is right. New atheists are not intellectually bright if one of them is claiming that belief in evolution makes one more intelligent grin

Its like saying belief in fishes makes one know how to drive a car. Amazing cheesy

Majority of the Christiansame in advanced and developed countries like the USA, Canada and Europe all believe in evolution instead of creationism. The more educated people are the more they tend to believe on evolution. The less educated the more they tend to believe in creationism.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Dalamama: 10:37pm On Apr 20, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Sorry for your loss.

CHECKMATE! grin

If we check you'll see that most of the people you named are evolutionist. Hugh Ross is an evolutionists. He is not a creationist. He debates creationists like Ken Ham and tries to tell them that the bible creation account is an allegory and shouldn't be take literally. You can check out his debates with Ken Ham on YouTube.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 12:20pm On Apr 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

CHECKMATE! grin

Who argued that lack of acceptance of evolution restricts educational prowess and growth? Where did I say that?

This is how you read things backwards and misfire nonsense arguments.

What I actually said was the fact that higher education correlates with acceptance of evolution.

superhumanist:

Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 12:31pm On Apr 21, 2018
superhumanist:

Who argued that lack of acceptance of evolution restricts educational prowess and growth? Where did I say that?

This is how you read things backwards and misfire nonsense arguments.

What I actually said was the fact that higher education correlates with acceptance of evolution.

And I showed you that the higher your education the more likely you are to accept creationism since the harmony and order from actual randomness and nothingness would become a silly notion. Except of course to people like you still wish to doggedly keep lying to themselves despite all contrary evidence.

Leonardo Da Vinci was known to be an Italian Renaissance polymath whose areas of interest included invention, painting, sculpting, architecture, science, music, mathematics, engineering, literature, anatomy, geology, astronomy, botany, writing, history, and cartography. He has been variously called the father of palaeontology, ichnology, and architecture, and is widely considered one of the greatest painters of all time. Sometimes credited with the inventions of the parachute, helicopter and tank

Yet he made the statement in the below attachment.

Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2018
superhumanist:

You are still a liar and will always be a liar.

Even right here where everybody can read our comments, you can claim that higher education makes one more likely to accept creationism? Where did you prove such?

Even at that, I still posted a study which contradicts your claim. The study shows that higher education strongly correlates with acceptance of evolution.

Bloody liar!

you need to stop calling people liars when their opinion is against yours. It shows how shallow you reason.

Studies are everywhere which counter each other and you are hear romancing study.

My observations say otherwise and you can take that to the bank.

Even former atheists who embraced evolution recanted it for creationism after they became christian despite their so called levels of academic exposure.

Grow up and stop being childish.

I will speak to you like Leonardo did in his quote.

LEARN HOW TO SEE.......for yourself!
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

you need to stop calling people liars when their opinion is against yours. It shows how shallow you reason.

Studies are everywhere which counter each other and you are hear romancing study.

Even former atheists who embraced evolution recanted it for creationism after they became christian despite their so called levels of academic exposure.

Grow up and stop being childish.

What the hell are you talking about?

Okay, where is your study that backs your assertion that higher education makes one more likely to be a creationist?

Don't just spout your dishonest opinion and point to historical christian scientists who could have been deists/atheists in hiding.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2018
superhumanist:

What the hell are you talking about?

Okay, where is your study that backs your assertion that higher education makes one more likely to be a creationist?

Don't just spout your dishonest opinion and point to historical christian scientists who could have been deists/atheists in hiding.

Sorry they were atheists and not deists. Your loss not mine.

LEARN TO SEE.......for yourself.

Your herd mentality is what keeps your closeminded.

My opinion is quite honest because it is mine and I know where they are coming from. Call it whatever you want. That's your myopic view.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 12:51pm On Apr 21, 2018
Albert Einstein once said the below

"The more I study science, the more I believe in God.”

Mrs. Jill Stutz a science teacher also once said,

“The more I teach science, the more I agree with Einstein.”
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Sorry they were atheists and not deists. Your loss not mine.

LEARN TO SEE.......for yourself.

Your herd mentality is what keeps your closeminded.

My opinion is quite honest because it is mine and I know where they are coming from. Call it whatever you want. That's your myopic view.

Guy, your lies are starting to hurt you....you are becoming quite unstable.

Oga, where is your study or research proving that higher education makes on more likely to accept creationism?

In case you have forgotten the lie, here is where you made the claim;

Butterflyleo:

And I showed you that the higher your education the more likely you are to accept creationism since the harmony and order from actual randomness and nothingness would become a silly notion.

Butterflyleo:

LEARN HOW TO SEE.......for yourself!
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2018
superhumanist:

Oga, where is your study or research proving that higher education makes on more likely to accept creationism?

In case you have forgotten the lie, here is where you made the claim;

Its obvious understanding of simple statements is a tough hill for you to climb.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 12:57pm On Apr 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Its obvious understanding of simple statements is a tough hill for you to climb.

grin Na so.

cc hahn, hopefullandlord, hardmirror, dalam0n et al, this is how you intellectually dominate butterflyleo into submission (please read our previous comments to see the discussion)
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Dalamama: 12:58pm On Apr 21, 2018
superhumanist:

The guy is dangerous, he won't ever stop telling lies. His lies are just endless. He mentioned Hugh Ross as an example of a Christian scientist but Hugh Ross is an evolutionists. He even debates young earth creationist like Ken Ham and tells them. That they are wrong. Yet this Butterflyliar is mentioning him. grin
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Butterflyleo: 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2018
superhumanist:

grin Na so.

cc hahn, hopefullandlord, hardmirror, dalam0n et al, this is how you intellectually dominate butterflyleo into submission (please read our previous comments to see the discussion)

Like I said, you have a hard problem when it comes to comprehension.

Here is an example of what I am saying

https://www.livescience.com/20701-americans-evolution-creationism.html

And here is a comparison of all polls.

http://www.people-press.org/2005/09/28/reading-the-polls-on-evolution-and-creationism/

I really really strongly hope you can understand it when you read it because you clearly find it hard to do so.

My observations is also my own poll. Your observations are your own poll. Everyone has a poll of their own. Its called perception. Something you are obviously too close minded to know about.
Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by Dalamama: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

http://www.people-press.org/2005/09/28/reading-the-polls-on-evolution-and-creationism/

I really really strongly hope you can understand it when you read it because you clearly find it hard to do so.

My observations is also my own poll. Your observations are your own poll. Everyone has a poll of their own. Its called perception. Something you are obviously too close minded to know about.

You are a liar. You went to bring an old poll conducted since 2012 to prove a non existent point. Latest polls say that more Americans believe evolution.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/210956/belief-creationist-view-humans-new-low.aspx

The poll very clearly stated that less-educated Americans more likely to believe in creationism.

Where in your poll does it say that more educated people are likely to believe in creationism?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree by superhumanist(m): 1:34pm On Apr 21, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Come and see madness! Your lies are affecting your sanity.

We are comparing higher education and belief in evolution. The higher one's level of education, the more likely one accepts evolution- that is what the study found.

You are here showing me polls that a show that around 46% of Americans believe in creationism. How do your polls affect the fact that higher education correlates positively with acceptance of evolution?

Chai! Lying no good oo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Does Prostrating Or Bowing By Way Of Greeting Come Under The Heading Of Shirk? / The Power Of Candle Burning! / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.