Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month (8126 Views)

Inflation Declines For 12th Consecutive Month To 15.13% / Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For Nine Consecutive Months / Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Drops For Seventh Consecutive Month, Says Nbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by MVLOX(m): 8:44am On Apr 13, 2018
That is a welcome development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by AmTruth: 8:45am On Apr 13, 2018
Good news,Things are gradually getting better. Sometimes in 2016/2017 we bought a basin of Garri for #6000 in PH but now I can use same amount and buy 3 basins of Garri, we also spent #26000 for a 50kg bag of rice. But with same amount now I can afford 2 bags of rice instead of one. We will get there I strongly believe with the emerging gradual drop in food prices as more people engage in farming ,hence increasing production the prices will keep droppings.
Kudos to PMB and the Economy Team.

Long live Nigeria

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by dheilaw1(m): 8:45am On Apr 13, 2018
GraGra247:
Inflation has declined for the APC looters. In the "real" Nigerian economy rice in price of goods and services has gone thermonuclear.
ipob terrorist sighted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2018
They are just quoting numbers for the consumer price index but then, is it really what it is....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2018
SillyMods:
We have definitely passed the worst stage brought about by the senseless squandering of our resources by GEJ and his gang of looters.

Now is for us to allow PMB put us on the right path and leave behind a very solid economy to a worthy successor.
During looting under GEJ fuel was N97 while bag of rice was N9,500
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2018
Fesomu:
Well I bought a bag of rice for 11,500 yesterday.. I know some Igbos here will claim they bought theirs 20k. Awon omo ale Nigeria
BMC,abeg for which market and state you dey buy rice ₦11500?
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by donb06: 8:48am On Apr 13, 2018
This is what we call running In circles... Price of goods increased by 300% ..... And nw it is reducing again by 0.99% una dey happy.. Wetin concern me... I go soon leave this country by God's grace
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by dheilaw1(m): 8:49am On Apr 13, 2018
don4real18:
In other news, anyone who knows Ambode should tell him that I'm disappointed with his administration
go an hug transformation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Neoteny(m): 8:49am On Apr 13, 2018
GavelSlam:
Up Buhari.

Up Emefiele.

Up Adeosun.

Up Nigeria.

Shhh!

You'll let the eastern dogs out and they'll start barking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by oluwaahmed: 8:50am On Apr 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

Don't tell me you think squandering of over 30billion dollars whilst selling oil at a value never before witnessed is no excuse for the sliding of the Naira.

It would be a travesty if you thought it means nothing.

Oga which 30billion? Stop manufacturing figures oga

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 13, 2018
Fesomu:
Well I bought a bag of rice for 11,500 yesterday.. I know some Igbos here will claim they bought theirs 20k. Awon omo ale Nigeria

You are happy you bought it at N11,500 . difference of N500 from original price if not more.
Why cant you look for where to buy at N8,000(which was the price a bag was valued for 4 years without any hike).
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by quickberry(m): 8:52am On Apr 13, 2018
GraGra247:
Inflation has declined for the APC looters. In the "real" Nigerian economy rice in price of goods and services has gone thermonuclear.
Rice ko beans ni
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 13, 2018
don4real18:
In other news, anyone who knows Ambode should tell him that I'm disappointed with his administration.
Trailers and trucks are parked everywhere... You can't move freely with a bike talk more of a car.
Instead of building more structures, he should plant more trees or am I the only one noticing that the air is getting stiff due to more impurities than oxygen. I hope we don't get to be like New York in that aspect.
He has also increased land use tax when he knows that the cost of Living in Lagos State is really high and have just gotten higher with respect to accommodation.

Sense no dey naija.
government believes in making life harder for the poor masses.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by ItsTime4me(m): 8:53am On Apr 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

Go school you no gree go.You go come dey disgrace yourself online.
. But what he said is the fact.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 13, 2018
donb06:
This is what we call running In circles... Price of goods increased by 300% ..... And nw it is reducing again by 0.99% una dey happy.. Wetin concern me... I go soon leave this country by God's grace

Please tell them. to have sense.

Dangote cement is purchased at N800 in Ghana
Do I need to mention the price in Nigeria where the cement is actually produced.

Is this not wickedness?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by donb06: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2018
AmTruth:
Good news,Things are gradually getting better. Sometimes in 2016/2017 we bought a basin of Garri for #6000 in PH but now I can use same amount and buy 3 basins of Garri, we also spent #26000 for a 50kg bag of rice. But with same amount now I can afford 2 bags of rice instead of one. We will get there I strongly believe with the emerging gradual drop in food prices as more people engage in farming ,hence increasing production the prices will keep droppings.

Long live Nigeria
abeg no vex Oo .... Na who increase am go 26000... He just decrease wetin him increase joor... And for ur notice by 2014 I could buy 3 bags of 50kg for 24000 with 2000 for one fowl wey I ho use arrange like 2 cups and one shine shine bobo to wash am down..
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by GraGra247(m): 8:58am On Apr 13, 2018
GavelSlam:

Go school you no gree go.You go come dey disgrace yourself online.

Just look at the English of the fellow chiding me for not going to school.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by jamace(m): 8:59am On Apr 13, 2018
Fulani herdsmen killing law abiding Nigerians in astronomical proportion, yet Buhari does not give a damn.

Of what use is inflation rate to dead citizens?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by donb06: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2018
AmTruth:

Long live Nigeria
where In ph.... Which kind lie be dis na.... Na for rumuokoro market or mile one or mile three market, na for borikiri market? Or na for oil mill market, for obigbo market my bro where?? . The least u go get rice na mile one market for 18500 naira.... So where u buy two bag of rice 26000.. Enyia If na play stop am ooo no come here dey lie nonsense lie... In fact where u dey live sef for ph??
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Rhaspody(m): 9:18am On Apr 13, 2018
wake up guys. this is typical propaganda. to serve PMBs re-election campaign
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by don4real18(m): 9:25am On Apr 13, 2018
dheilaw1:
go an hug transformation
I just hugged it but thanks to epileptic power supply which the so-called Giant of Africa is known for, I am still alive and well to bash them more
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Bishop4real: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2018
[quote author=Njeps post=66669788]

You are happy you bought it at N11,500 . difference of N500 from original price if not more.
Why cant you look for where to buy at N8,000(which was the price a bag was valued for 4 years without any hike).

[/quote

Why can't you show him where he can sell crude for about $120/barrel as was sold about 4 years ago?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by AlNur: 9:38am On Apr 13, 2018
Fesomu:
mugu you bought it expensive! During GEJ time it was 8 freaking k!
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 13, 2018
Useless metrics that have not positively affected the lives of the masses..
Go and check the price of meat and fish in this country
Transport nko
Talk less of school fees
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Vulcanheph(m): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2018
bishopkay:
Paper statistics! They keep reeling out stats that are incommensurate with the everyday lives of common Nigerians!

Has a bag of rice dropped in price? Has a modu of beans dropped in price? These are what we want to hear not rolling out backyard dirty stats to massage the balls of their zombies!
TRUE TALK..NA YOU TALK WETIN COMOT ROAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 13, 2018
AmTruth:

Long live Nigeria
Una tell us say competition will bring down the price of fuel to ₦1 per litre, but we still dey buy am for the same price of ₦145 when buhari increase am 3 years ago.Even the man wey do this analysis never step in the market for him life.
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by loganx: 9:44am On Apr 13, 2018
When money is scarce, it brings value to the currency so people should stop complaining and go to work. it is no longer like the previous government when people were picking money from the ground, snakes, monkeys and lizards were eating up money. when every smart criminally minded individual was collecting subsidy without lifting a liter of petroleum. money is scarce, you have to work to earn money.
next line of action is to stop sale of forex to individuals and companies, if you want forex, you have to earn forex.
Can you go to the US and ask the bank or the government to sell Naira to you?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by AmTruth: 9:46am On Apr 13, 2018
donb06:
abeg no vex Oo .... Na who increase am go 26000... He just decrease [quote author=donb06 post=66669916] abeg no vex Oo .... Na who increase am go 26000... He just decrease wetin him increase joor... And for ur notice by 2014 I could buy 3 bags of 50kg for 24000 with 2000 for one fowl wey I ho use arrange like 2 cups and one shine shine bobo to wash am down..
My comparism wasn't about 2014 or 1999,but about 2016/2017 as you can see from my post. For your notice even in US or the UK what was bought with 100 dollars or pounds 5 or 3 years ago must certainly increase in a way,inflation everywhere is an unavoidable circumstance by it rising rate.Even recently in UK their inflation rate increased slightly.
Coming back to Nigeria, if we can have more than 100 percent drop in price of garri and rice we bought 2 years ago, I believe the present price will certainly drop further if more people continue to engage in farming, thereby increasing production which will cause eventual drop in price that is business friendly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by ManirBK: 9:48am On Apr 13, 2018
Fesomu:
Where?
Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by ogunsj: 9:58am On Apr 13, 2018
GraGra247:
Inflation has declined for the APC looters. In the "real" Nigerian economy rise in price of goods and services has gone thermonuclear.

[Typo fixed.]
my brother sorry oooo. I know you are disappointed about this news. you only want to hear negative news about Nigeria. ironically, you remained a victim of your wish. whatever Nigeria is and would be, you are going to be a beneficiary of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by AmTruth: 10:44am On Apr 13, 2018
donb06:
where In ph.... Which kind lie be dis na.... Na for rumuokoro market or mile one or mile three market, na for borikiri market? Or na for oil mill market, for obigbo market my bro where?? . The least u go get rice na mile one market for 18500 naira.... So where u buy two bag of rice 26000.. Enyia If na play stop am ooo no come here dey lie nonsense lie... In fact where u dey live sef for ph??
I'm a TYPICAL LOCAL Nigerian who enjoys local rice and food. Am talking about Typical Local rice which am proud to enjoy, thereby putting money into the pockets of my brothers and sisters who produce the OGOJA ,EBONYI and ANAMBRA rice. You can keep enjoying your expensive foreign rice. However price difference is something everyone handle individually,for instance a basin of Garri around RUMUDARA is a around 2300,but around OZUOBA you get it lesser.also depends on the shop and Garri type either IKWERE Garri or others,the choice is yours. In terms of rice there are places where local rice are warehouse and sold cheaper especially those coming from EBONYI,Ogoja and the North which takes those who stoop low to identify. Places like mile one and oil mill market soup condiments are cheaper compare to Rumuokoro or Slaughter market. So price difference depends on you if only you will stoop low to identify. This is Port Harcourt for you and we know the secrets shine your eyes in PH else you will work and own nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Inflation Declines For 14th Consecutive Month by SillyMods: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2018
asuustrike2009:

During looting under GEJ fuel was N97 while bag of rice was N9,500
How much was fuel and bag of rice pre-looting of GEJ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Collect My Late Dads Pension From Stanbic IBTC / 2023 Top 10 Richest People In Edo State / Kind Of Business To Do With 50,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.