Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World (4291 Views)

Pope Says This May Be Our Last Christmas / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Pope Says Personal Relationship With Jesus Is Dangerous and Harmful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by thehomer: 12:15am On May 16, 2010
toba:

May be u didnt know the issue of legality formed part of the basis of my arguments with homer before u logged to post nonsense.Abortion remains illegal&the law prohibiting it serves to curtail risk to mothers in two different ways thats why Surgical operations is only allowed to save life&when its reasonable.the law is justified as long as such isnt to save life&unreasonable. Go read the quote to get a better understanding of the what the law says&see its justification.

You keep going on and on about the law. This law has been reviewed in so many places and thrown out.
So I ask you again what other cogent reason can you give other than religion tainted reasons?
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by Kay17: 12:29am On May 16, 2010
@ toba, what's your point?

Abortion is a threat to your sense of morality or the society in general?

Abortion has been highly risky and harmful in Nigeria, since the law bars safe and legitimate abortion, nevertheless, the choice to have abortion is similar to the choice of whether or not to have a baby, by any means including celibacy.

Its fair if the carrier and provider who is far more concerned about the welfare of the foetus, thus she is in best position to make a choice of whether or not to have it. She often considers the resources she has at hand to cater for the baby.
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by Nobody: 1:57am On May 16, 2010
thehomer:

So what is your reason for abortion being to biggest threat facing the world today?

First, how is it illegal for the vice president to be the acting president if the president is incapacitated? If you want to go by that, then how is it immoral to save a woman's life? Why should the life of the foetus be more important than that of the mother? You have still not answered this question.

You are still so ignorant. Try to understand the implications of what you've posted. Is saving the mother's life unethical? Or is it unethical to save the mother's life and be paid for it? Do you have information on doctors refusing to carry out an abortion to save a woman's life because they would not be paid?

What do you mean "to be motivated by money" should a doctor not be paid for his services? How about the quacks that kill the women should they also not be paid?

Immoral to who? What about the doctor that needs to support his extended family. Is it immoral to deprive him of his fees?

You see you are quite unreasonable. You expect someone after sustaining a large debt going to school to go about treating people for free. This is besides the other medical doctors who do carry out free consultations and other such services.

Yet you are so happy to generalize.
Rubbish if it were a spontaneous abortion, would he call the authorities? How would he know the difference if the woman does not tell him? Try to understand that in such a crime, to clinch it, what is needed is an eyewitness testimony.

It does. Read it.

It depends on several reasons. e.g, the age of the patient, the circumstances under which the conception occurred etc.

You still refuse to understand what the law says. I hope you are not affiliated to the legal profession.

thehomer:

I have just pointed out to you that
1. You cannot mandate that everyone on earth stop having babies.
2. You cannot mandate that everyone on earth use abortion as the only method of family planning.

Is it difficult for you to read and understand? These are the reasons why your hypothetical situation is absurd. In a discussion, making a hypothetical situation that is pretty much impossible is pointless. That is one of the ways a strawman fallacy is made.

How is it irrelevant? Is it not a method of abortion that was available even before the laws came about?

womanly spotting is not the same as menstruation. Sure it is not impossible but try to understand the point I was making. The woman would most likely be the first to know she is pregnant and may or may not choose to tell the man. In that interval, if she has an abortion the man will not know.

I should prove your claims are unverifiable when you have not provided evidence for your claims? You are one absurd fellow.

You now want me to generate your data in the absence of you presenting your evidence? Do you understand what anecdotal evidence is or are you joking?

When people are referring to a particular topic or post, they insert the link there. So simply insert the link. Or are you afraid that your claims will not hold water?

All medical procedures have risks. All substances have side effects even water and excessive oxygen.
Understand the point being made. It is safer to carry out an abortion than carry the pregnancy to term. i.e more people die from carrying a pregnancy to term in safe environments than from abortions performed by trained personnel.
thehomer:

You keep going on and on about the law. This law has been reviewed in so many places and thrown out.
So I ask you again what other cogent reason can you give other than religion tainted reasons?

I knew u will repeat the error u committed on a different thread her by alleging what i never said to me. This u just did on this same thread and i believe its deliberate. U like  to use these words 'unreasonable' 'ignorance' and 'lack of evidence' when replying.U just qualified your self as an unreasonable, a frivolous and ignorant fellow by alleging what i never spoke about on this thread to me. This is the 2nd time in the last couple of days. Viaro stopped chatting with u for same reason on a different topic when u began to exhibit your usual character of allegations.

How on earth could u have posted this?

thehomer:

Since you agree that abortion and[b] gay marriage are the biggest threats[/b], what are your reasons?

I may never agreed with the pope on Gay marriage been a threat to the world, let alone being the greatest threat.Thats why i never commented on this aspect of his Statement. Likewise, abortion could be a threat that's why im making a case against it. Yet i may not agree with the pope as to it been the greatest threat. My personal view is that its a threat but not the greatest. U alleged what i never said to me . U re very ridiculous and im not interested in any discussion with u any more.

I will humbly state my objective and non compulsive opinion on abortion unequivocally to someone else more reasonable than u
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by Nobody: 2:27am On May 16, 2010
@Kay 17
Kay 17:

@ toba, what's your point?
On what specifically?

Kay 17:

Abortion is a threat to your sense of morality or the society in general?
To the society in general as far as the territory of Nigeria

Kay 17:

Abortion has been highly[b] risky and harmful in Nigeria[/b], since the law bars safe and legitimate abortion, nevertheless, the choice to have abortion is similar to the choice of whether or not to have a baby, by any means including celibacy.

I agree with u that theres no law that openly supports abortion any where in Nigeria, but a little support is given to abortion in the criminal code 297, which can allow it under conditions stated therein.

The choice is not similar to whether to have a baby, cos a promiscuous lady who gets pregnant by mistake, cos of her trade may not want a baby and therefore wants abortion. The law is against such pple

Kay 17:

Its fair if the carrier and provider who is far more concerned about the welfare of the foetus, thus she is in best position to make a choice of whether or not to have it. She often considers the resources she has at hand to cater for the baby.
Some pple in Naija are irrational thinkers. Even when they know they are incapable of doing somethings, they will want to try it. When it boomerang they will now be running for cover. Remember this our funny quote that says cut ur coat according to ur side. Its now changed to cut ur coat according to the available materials.

If some pple are givig such free will in a deregulated scenario they may miss u it
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by thehomer: 10:24am On May 16, 2010
toba:

I knew u will repeat the error u committed on a different thread her by alleging what i never said to me. This u just did on this same thread and i believe its deliberate. U like  to use these words 'unreasonable' 'ignorance' and 'lack of evidence' when replying.U just qualified your self as an unreasonable, a frivolous and ignorant fellow by alleging what i never spoke about on this thread to me. This is the 2nd time in the last couple of days. Viaro stopped chatting with u for same reason on a different topic when u began to exhibit your usual character of allegations.

How on earth could u have posted this?

Run away if you must. I agree you did not include gay marriage and I rectified that error when I reposted the question. Read it it's the first line of the quote you posted. This just shows how much you're afraid of reading. You now went ahead and posted an error I've rectified.

toba:

I may never agreed with the pope on Gay marriage been a threat to the world, let alone being the greatest threat.Thats why i never commented on this aspect of his Statement. Likewise, abortion could be a threat that's why im making a case against it. Yet i may not agree with the pope as to it been the greatest threat. My personal view is that its a threat but not the greatest. U alleged what i never said to me . U re very ridiculous and im not interested in any discussion with u any more.

I will humbly state my objective and non compulsive opinion on abortion unequivocally to someone else more reasonable than u

You've still not stated how abortion is this great threat facing the entire human race other than your ridiculous hypothetical situation.
Go ahead and state your humble opinion not the rubbish excuses you've been posting before.
Please run along when you have good logical and reasonable points then post them.
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by Nobody: 11:30am On May 16, 2010
thehomer:

Run away if you must. I agree you did not include gay marriage and I rectified that error when I reposted the question. Read it it's the first line of the quote you posted. This just shows how much you're afraid of reading. You now went ahead and posted an error I've rectified.

U better keep quite. When u can read how could u have made such a frivolous assertion in the first place? That u re always in a haste to respond without critically reading what others have posted

thehomer:

You've still not stated how abortion is this great threat facing the entire human race other than your ridiculous hypothetical situation.
Go ahead and state your humble opinion not the rubbish excuses you've been posting before.
Please run along when you have good logical and reasonable points then post them.

U see i just accused u of making the second error and now u re making the 3rd.

This what i said
toba:

Did i ever say abortion is a great threat? read my quote above to see what i said about abortion.
In fact for the umpteenth time i will say im not interested in talking to u any longer. With ur frivolous post. Just be an observer whilst i state my case to someone more reasonable
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by thehomer: 12:34pm On May 16, 2010
toba:

U better keep quite. When u can read how could u have made such a frivolous assertion in the first place? That u re always in a haste to respond without critically reading what others have posted

So I simply broadened the discussion to that of the main topic and corrected myself and here you're still whining grow up. I've rectified it.
Plus you often fail to critically read what you post not to speak of other people's posts.

toba:

Did i ever say abortion is a great threat? read my quote above to see what i said about abortion.
In fact for the umpteenth time i will say im not interested in talking to u any longer. With your frivolous post. Just be an observer whilst i state my case to someone more reasonable

Rubbish so you're posting here because it is just a threat and not a great threat. But the topic is about it being one of the two biggest threats facing humanity. You should have started your own thread then considering all the numerous threats out there.
I've followed your posts and you're still giving unsatisfactory reasons.
What do you mean that it is a threat to your morality? How is your feeling of morality more important than the life of a mother?
You still did not say why a foetus should be more important than the life of the mother.

I guess I'll leave you to your folly when you're better able to debate maybe I'll look in.
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 16, 2010
If u re not satisfied,go hang ur self.Im done with u&ur unreasonable allegations.
thehomer:

So I simply broadened the discussion to that of the main topic and corrected myself and here you're still whining grow up. I've rectified it.
Plus you often fail to critically read what you post not to speak of other people's posts.

Rubbish so you're posting here because it is just a threat and not a great threat. But the topic is about it being one of the two biggest threats facing humanity. You should have started your own thread then considering all the numerous threats out there.
I've followed your posts and you're still giving unsatisfactory reasons.
What do you mean that it is a threat to your morality? How is your feeling of morality more important than the life of a mother?
You still did not say why a foetus should be more important than the life of the mother.

I guess I'll leave you to your folly when you're better able to debate maybe I'll look in.
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by thehomer: 9:14pm On May 16, 2010
toba:

If u re not satisfied,go hang your self.Im done with u&your unreasonable allegations.

I'm not feeling suicidal so if you're free, maybe you can come and hang me. Or pray to your God to do that for you.

You're yet to present good reasons for your stance other than rubbish hypothetical situations.
You also did not say why your opinions of morality should be more important than a mother's life.

You may run along now. grin grin
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 16, 2010
thehomer:

I'm not feeling suicidal so if you're free, maybe you can come and hang me. Or pray to your God to do that for you.

You're yet to present good reasons for your stance other than rubbish hypothetical situations.
You also did not say why your opinions of morality should be more important than a mother's life.

You may run along now. grin grin
im not interested in any more discussion with cus of ur frivolous allegations.
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by bawomolo(m): 10:48pm On May 16, 2010
^^^

lol before you go why do yo think gay marriage and abortion are some of the biggest threats facing the world?
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 16, 2010
@ Op bawo
Read my stance on the topic in post #66
bawomolo:

^^^

lol before you go why do yo think gay marriage and abortion are some of the biggest threats facing the world?
ogbeni, i no dey go o i dey here.
dou va moi? Je parle petit francsais
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by kc08: 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2010
All of you in here defending the pope for doing what is in the bible, all good but may I ask; Is celibacy and the abuse of children (pedophilia) in the bible?

How about the tones of homosexuals (and lesbians) in the seminaries  and convents,  I guess the cover ups are among the lesser evils. since the pope from your arguments is faithful to biblical principles should it not be a no brainer arguing in support of married or voluntary celibate clergy? Even Timothy included marriage of one wife among the requirements or qualities/qualifications for a bishop, I thought so.
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by Golders: 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2010
let the IDIOt shut up his mouth and ass.
Re: Pope Says Gay Marriage And Abortion Are The Biggest Threats Facing The World by Chubhie: 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2013
Bump

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prayer Mode Activated: / "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" / An Average Christ Embassy Member Pays 4 Months Of His/her Yearly Income To CE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.