Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,320 members, 7,954,283 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi (20002 Views)

Kpomo Stew Recipe: How To Make Stew With Kpomo Meat|cow Skin Recipe / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by bigplayerz(m): 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
Mr Nutritionist lol na if the moi moi dey nutritious ooo no be moi moi wey go purge you after u chop am grin grin grin grin grin grin
MEDICPATH:
Nice...Very nutritious meal.

Do you know that a wrap of moi moi contains

About 200 calories

fat 8g
carbohydrates 4g
Proteins 18g
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by victorian(f): 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
bigplayerz:
I smell the beef lol why do girls complain anytime dey eat another girls food

Sighs, why do guys always smell beef, when a lady is trying to advice another lady on what's right? undecided

So because shes a lady, I shouldnt criticize positively or advise her again?

Na wa o.

I didn't even Insult her. Anyone looking at the pics knows the moi moi isn't looking palatable.

Why didn't I beef other ladies posting their moi moi pics? Or are the rest not women?
Are they aliens?

Men always knocking women heads together.. Smhhhh

Abeg guy! Carry your hallucinating self away from here. Biko.

2 Likes

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by tunezvic(m): 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
Avedonn:
This your moi moi look somehow

It looks like prisoners moi moi especially the plate.
just look at you! I don't blame you when you only know how to boil water.

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by MEDICPATH(m): 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
bigplayerz:
Mr Nutritionist lol na if the moi moi dey nutritious ooo no be moi moi wey go purge you after u chop am grin grin grin grin grin grin

I know where to get the best grin grin grin grin
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by bigplayerz(m): 3:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
I spot a MINISTER OF HATE, madam take a chill pill before you choke ooo try and be happy its friday TGIF things ...Who even said you insulted her i just said u dey beef d moi moi which from the way you responded i can tell #Stop Hating# tongue tongue tongue tongue
victorian:

Sighs, why do guys always smell beef, when a lady is trying to advice another lady on what's right? undecided

So because shes a lady, I shouldnt criticize positively or advise her again?

Na wa o.

I didn't even Insult her. Anyone looking at the pics knows the moi moi isn't looking palatable.

Why didn't I beef other ladies posting their moi moi pics? Or are the rest not women?
Are they aliens?

Men always knocking women heads together.. Smhhhh

Abeg guy! Carry your hallucinating self away from here. Biko.
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by victorian(f): 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
tunezvic:
just look at you! I don't blame you when you only know how to boil water.

Talking like a demented fooll

You are the one who taught me how to boil only water, abi?

Mtchewwww.

Carry your useless self away from my mentions!
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by victorian(f): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
bigplayerz:
I spot a MINISTER OF HATE, madam take a chill pill before you choke ooo try and be happy its friday TGIF things ...Who even said you insulted her i just said u dey beef d moi moi which from the way you responded i can tell #Stop Hating# tongue tongue tongue tongue

There is no beef in what I said to her moi moi thread.

That's why I said u are simply hallucinating and seeing things that are not there.

If i hate her or her thread, I would have said the moi moi is rubbish . That's hate.

I even said she tried but only 3table spoonful of oil is not enough for it..

Is that hate?

If u, as a man can't take correction, well that's too bad. What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by bigplayerz(m): 3:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
Oya tell me make i know if na true
MEDICPATH:

I know where to get the best grin grin grin grin

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Follygunners: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2018
Nairalandmentor:
Hmmm, well done OP. No one prepares moi-moi like the South South

Guy, na Moin-Moin.. and it's a SW 9ja food... before you guys and IPOB start claiming it. angry angry

Thanks!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by bigplayerz(m): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lwkmd you are obviously a fighter and troublesome too ....I have seen how many people you are arguing with because of moi moi Its obvious you want some ...Bitch be humble and beg for the moi moi before you go get problem... That`s all Happy friday...you can come lemme take you out so we fight well Physical #just kiddin'#
victorian:

There is no beef in what I said to her moi moi thread.

That's why I said u are simply hallucinating and seeing things that are not there.

If i hate her or her thread, I would have said the moi moi is rubbish . That's hate.

I even said she tried but only 3table spoonful of oil is not enough for it..

Is that hate?

If u, as a man can't take correction, well that's too bad. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Zinny25(f): 3:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
Nice one... But I don't soak my beans for 6hrs or over night, in fact it makes it harder to wash because the Beans becomes too soft and break easily thereby making you go through the stress of removing the coat one by one . I wash it immediately I put it in water, it doesn't take more than 15 - 30mins. Secondly I don't add thyme to mine or even curry. Thanks for sharing.

But I need the recipe for ewedu soup ooo. I so much love that soup but I can't prepare it. Any yoruba lady or guy should help out with the recipe

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by MEDICPATH(m): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2018
bigplayerz:
Oya tell me make i know if na true

Madam iyabo restaurant grin grin grin
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by bigplayerz(m): 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lol na Madam IRON PANT me i know.. grin grin grin
MEDICPATH:

Madam iyabo restaurant grin grin grin
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by victorian(f): 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2018
bigplayerz:
Lwkmd you are obviously a fighter and troublesome too ....I have seen how many people you are arguing with because of moi moi Its obvious you want some ...Bitch be humble and beg for the moi moi before you go get problem... That`s all Happy friday...you can come lemme take you out so we fight well Physical #just kiddin'#

You are the troublesome one and not me

Am not fighting with anyone. Just standing on what Av said.

And explaining better on it.

If your brain cannot comprehend and understand what am saying? Don't blame me.

Blame your dull fish brain for failing you at this hour.

Ewu.
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Jsucre(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
saudyarmani:
Team moi moi elewe....just waiting for the woman wey i go marry wey go give me moimoi made with nylon or alagolo....lol

cure ibile lawon eleyi. moimoi elewe lolese.

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 13, 2018
Zinny25:
Nice one... But I don't soak my beans for 6hrs or over night, in fact it makes it harder to wash because the Beans becomes too soft and break easily thereby making you go through the stress of removing the coat one by one . I wash it immediately I put it in water, it doesn't take more than 15 - 30mins. Secondly I don't add thyme to mine or even curry.

You are very correct. The lady is obviously a learner. I peel mine after a few mins of soaking, using a pestle the peel comes off easy. Spices are really unnecessary but to each his own. It's onions and stock (either beef or fish) dt makes it delicious. I prefer blending wt onions, shallots, crayfish and pepper. I only stuff wt fish. I hate boiled eggs or anything else, but some pple like 'moinmoin elemi meje'.

2 Likes

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by bigplayerz(m): 4:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
Lol okay post wat u know how to prepare you wey get cow brain .... see monkey calling her bf ewu ...I cant continue my friday with a silly bithc like you Bleep off from my mentions
victorian:

You are the troublesome one and not me

Am not fighting with anyone. Just standing on what Av said.

And explaining better on it.

If your brain cannot comprehend and understand what am saying? Don't blame me.

Blame your dull fish brain for failing you at this hour.

Ewu.
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by gamechanger1: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
Avedonn:
This your moi moi look somehow

It looks like prisoners moi moi especially the plate.

Na this type dey sweet pass bros
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by faithsystem(f): 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
IS THIS ONE MOI-MOI OR SHAWAMA? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin NAWA!!

Nairalandmentor:

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
That moimoi is one in town.

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2018
Zinny25:
Nice one... But I don't soak my beans for 6hrs or over night, in fact it makes it harder to wash because the Beans becomes too soft and break easily thereby making you go through the stress of removing the coat one by one . I wash it immediately I put it in water, it doesn't take more than 15 - 30mins. Secondly I don't add thyme to mine or even curry. Thanks for sharing.

But I need the recipe for ewedu soup ooo. I so much love that soup but I can't prepare it. Any yoruba lady or guy should help out with the recipe

Ewedu is so simple. Just think vegetable smoothie.

Traditional method- Pick leaves (wtout any stalk, bring to boil wt stock, add crayfish, kaun, condiment and iru (dawadawa). Then mash wt 'ijabe broom'. The end.

Modern method - just pour mixture in blender after its boiled. The end.

This is d basic ewedu recipe. But pple add other stuff to their taste. Like egusi or fish and some don't use kaun these days to make it draw, but okra or ogbono. Here's a good recipe.

http://dooneyskitchen.com/3434-2/
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by ogorwyne(f): 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
Nairalandmentor:
This looks good.
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Zinny25(f): 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2018
janellemonae:

Ewedu is so simple. Just think vegetable smoothie.

Traditional method- Pick leaves (wtout any stalk, bring to boil wt stock, add crayfish, kaun, condiment and iru (dawadawa). Then mash wt 'ijabe broom'. The end.

Modern method - just pour mixture in blender after its boiled. The end.

This is d basic ewedu recipe. But pple add other stuff to their taste. Like egusi or fish and some don't use kaun these days to make it draw, but okra or ogbono. Here's a good recipe.

http://dooneyskitchen.com/3434-2/

Thanks dear, I appreciate. Will try it out
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Bestypretty: 5:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Iceberg3: 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
Moi moi,hmmm.,yum yum...my best food �

Good with rice,bread or just like that..

1 Like

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by senatorshegsy5: 5:34pm On Apr 13, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qa9o9IgLdQ

Moi moi a versatile food in Nigeria; it pairs well with akamu, acha pudding, garri, jollof rice and sometimes Quaker oat; it is usually prepared by steaming.
Instead of steaming your moi moi, you can also bake it in the oven by placing your loaf pan or moi moi bowls in a bigger loaf pan filled with water and then bake at 350F for 35- 40 minutes or until the liquid dries in the moi moi.

Moi moi can be wrapped in banana leaves or with ewe, this is the traditional way of making moi moi, however, if you live where there is no access to moi moi leaves, you can use containers, foil papers or plates to make your moi moi, these work well for this recipe too. Below are the ingredients you need for moi moi. See the Video above for the short video on how to make moi moi.

Ingredients for moi moi

1. 2 cups of beans (black eyed beans)
2. 1 frozen mackerel, cut into medium sizes
3. 3 bell peppers (tatashe)
4. 4 medium tomatoes, optional
5. 3 scotch bonnet peppers (Ata Rodo)
6. ½ cup of crayfish, rinsed
7. 2 medium onions
8. 1 teaspoon curry powder
9. 4 eggs (2 hard boiled and two raw eggs)
10. 1 teaspoon thyme
11. 2 stock cubes
12. 3 tablespoons cooking oil
13. Salt to taste
14. Moi moi containers

Steps for Making Moi Moi

1. Add beans into a wide bowl and top up with cool water, leave beans to stay overnight or for 6 hours to absorbed water and easy to peel.
Use a mortar and pestle to gently peel the beans or use hand to peel the beans skin by rubbing beans against your palms. Add water to
the beans and pass it over a colander to strain out the peeled skin, add clean water to the beans to rinse properly.

2. Cut bell peppers and onions into smaller sizes. Season and cook the mackerel to extract some rich stock after that take out the bones and
use a fork to shred the fish into smaller. Place 2 stock cube in a bowl with alt, use the hot fish stock to dissolve it and set aside. Boil eggs
and slice them into circular shapes. Oil inside of the moi moi bowls/pans with a little oil or butter and set everything aside.

3. Combine beans, red bell pepper, onion, crayfish and ½ cup of water in a blender, blend until the barter turns out very smooth. Pour beans
into a wide bowl, season with the dissolved stock cube, salt, curry powder, thyme and stir very well until well incorporate.
4. Add the fish stock to the beans to adjust the consistency (it should be neither watery nor too thick).

5. Pour the mixed bean barter into your moi moi bowls half way full; don’t full the bowls to the brim because moi moi tends to swell as it
cooks.Combine the hard-boiled eggs and the shredded fish to the moi moi in the bowls.

6. Add about two cups of water to a wide pot, place the moi moi in the pot of water and place a lid over the pot with a foil paper wrapped
over it. This will help to trap in air while the moi moi is steaming.

7. Place the moi moi on heat to cook for 20 minutes ; exchange the position of the bowls if you can by taking the moi moi bowls below to the
top and the ones at the top to the bottom of the pot so that the heat get distributed evenly to each of the bowls. Also, add small quantity
of water at time while cooking the Moi Moi if needed.

8. After cooking moi moi for another extra 20 minutes, insert a fork or tooth pick inside it to check if the liquid is dried, ones it comes out dry
it means moi moi is done. Take the pot off heat, moi moi is cooked serve warm with rice or pap.

Cc. Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44, Fynestboi, Obinoscopy, Dominique.
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Dinvictus: 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2018
Soaking the beans overnight is punishment oh. Just 5 mins soaking is ideal it peels off easily.

2 Likes

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by phemmyfour: 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qa9o9IgLdQ

Moi moi a versatile food in Nigeria; it pairs well with akamu, acha pudding, garri, jollof rice and sometimes Quaker oat; it is usually prepared by steaming.
Instead of steaming your moi moi, you can also bake it in the oven by placing your loaf pan or moi moi bowls in a bigger loaf pan filled with water and then bake at 350F for 35- 40 minutes or until the liquid dries in the moi moi.

Moi moi can be wrapped in banana leaves or with ewe, this is the traditional way of making moi moi, however, if you live where there is no access to moi moi leaves, you can use containers, foil papers or plates to make your moi moi, these work well for this recipe too. Below are the ingredients you need for moi moi. See the Video above for the short video on how to make moi moi.

Ingredients for moi moi

1. 2 cups of beans (black eyed beans)
2. 1 frozen mackerel, cut into medium sizes
3. 3 bell peppers (tatashe)
4. 4 medium tomatoes, optional
5. 3 scotch bonnet peppers (Ata Rodo)
6. ½ cup of crayfish, rinsed
7. 2 medium onions
8. 1 teaspoon curry powder
9. 4 eggs (2 hard boiled and two raw eggs)
10. 1 teaspoon thyme
11. 2 stock cubes
12. 3 tablespoons cooking oil
13. Salt to taste
14. Moi moi containers

Steps for Making Moi Moi

1. Add beans into a wide bowl and top up with cool water, leave beans to stay overnight or for 6 hours to absorbed water and easy to peel.
Use a mortar and pestle to gently peel the beans or use hand to peel the beans skin by rubbing beans against your palms. Add water to
the beans and pass it over a colander to strain out the peeled skin, add clean water to the beans to rinse properly.

2. Cut bell peppers and onions into smaller sizes. Season and cook the mackerel to extract some rich stock after that take out the bones and
use a fork to shred the fish into smaller. Place 2 stock cube in a bowl with alt, use the hot fish stock to dissolve it and set aside. Boil eggs
and slice them into circular shapes. Oil inside of the moi moi bowls/pans with a little oil or butter and set everything aside.

3. Combine beans, red bell pepper, onion, crayfish and ½ cup of water in a blender, blend until the barter turns out very smooth. Pour beans
into a wide bowl, season with the dissolved stock cube, salt, curry powder, thyme and stir very well until well incorporate.
4. Add the fish stock to the beans to adjust the consistency (it should be neither watery nor too thick).

5. Pour the mixed bean barter into your moi moi bowls half way full; don’t full the bowls to the brim because moi moi tends to swell as it
cooks.Combine the hard-boiled eggs and the shredded fish to the moi moi in the bowls.

6. Add about two cups of water to a wide pot, place the moi moi in the pot of water and place a lid over the pot with a foil paper wrapped
over it. This will help to trap in air while the moi moi is steaming.

7. Place the moi moi on heat to cook for 20 minutes ; exchange the position of the bowls if you can by taking the moi moi bowls below to the
top and the ones at the top to the bottom of the pot so that the heat get distributed evenly to each of the bowls. Also, add small quantity
of water at time while cooking the Moi Moi if needed.

8. After cooking moi moi for another extra 20 minutes, insert a fork or tooth pick inside it to check if the liquid is dried, ones it comes out dry
it means moi moi is done. Take the pot off heat, moi moi is cooked serve warm with rice or pap.

Cc. Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44, Fynestboi, Obinoscopy, Dominique.
its moin moin not moi moi

Don't contaminate the language.

Eating the food makes the teeth glow, hence the name MOIN MOIN

2 Likes

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
Follygunners:

Guy, na Moin-Moin.. and it's a SW 9ja food... before you guys and IPOB start claiming it. angry angry

Thanks!

Don't mind dt guy, they're just trying to be cunny. I'm close to kalabari and Edo families, they don't make it in their villages. Except in eateries. I wonder if it's delta or bayElsa dt are the owners of the food. I'm pretty sure their great grandmothers didn't make it in their kitchens. Petty argument.
Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by kinah(f): 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
@vinegurl.
observation
1. this pic posted it looks like ur pudding is not well mixed. it is a shade of two colours look closely.
2. moi moi can b made in different ways
3. soak beans overnight or for six hours Kilode the specie of beans we have now is not like the 80s or 90s. pour water and peel immediately or else it will break as u peel and all will follow with water. lol
4. the moi moi with seven hearts my mom taught me. u will add liver, Titus, eggs, shrimps. we even add cooking margarine for preservation after it is done the bakery close to my house,we order freshly baked bread. OMG..... U NO D REST. ENJOY OP

2 Likes

Re: Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi by OlaPhils(m): 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
I ATE THE BEST MOI MOI IN ABA,
MOI MOI COOKED WITH CHICKEN SOURCE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African Salad / Rice Price Rises By 29.41%, In Two Months Following Border Closure / Police Detain Meat Hawker In Bayelsa, Collect N8k Bribe & Allow Her Meat Spoil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.