Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,451 members, 7,830,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms (32425 Views)

King & Queen Of Netherlands Take Stunning Pics Infront Of SA's Purple Trees -PIX / Netherlands Probes 'illegal' Chinese Police Stations / 5 Facts About Dayton Mass Shooter, Connor Betts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by GreatManBee: 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2018
Interesting.
Adieza:
1. The Netherlands is 22 times smaller than Nigeria.
2. They have 17 million people living there. 3. There are 6 states in Nigeria bigger than the Netherlands and Niger state is almost double in size.
That small the country is.

4. They feed themselves, and last year exported over $90 billion worth of food.
5. That is about 3 times Nigeria oil revenue. Funny enough, black people used to think agriculture was their thing since they didn't produce any technology.

Many people don't realize how sorry our situation is. Before, there was no money. But today there is so much money out there that we cannot even use the money available in the world to develop Nigeria. You don't really need government money these days to develop a country. The government just need to make life easy for people with money to come and use their money to develop the country. This is a very difficult notion for African leaders to understand.

Today, African governments are the biggest enemies of their own people.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=359881027851345&id=158338594672257
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by wtfcoded: 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2018
This is the igbos when given the independence. cool
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Coloradvantage(m): 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
Nigeria a country blessed with wonderful people but stupid leaders.
not very true. 90% of we Nigerians are stupid and clueless including me ooo. Yes! Our leaders are picked from amist us not forigners. We have a sick believe system. Let me tell you a story. They is this man from my community he was th chairman of NUT then. He left a lot of funds in their account without stealing a dime. Started constructing the secretariat before his tenure elapse. His succesor came in a swept off everything, bought houses, cars etc. The former contested for chairmanship election years later... he lost even in hi community. You know why? Every body, even up to this very moment see him a foolish for not stealing the union funds.(“how normal human being go leave that kind money"wink We celebrate corruption, worship things not worth it... and always fail to ask questions, think tomorrow and use our head. Trust me as it stands now. They Is little or no future for a just an upright man in the Nigerian sysytem.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Lumig: 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
... Don't make the mistake of leaving the people out of the problems. The people are part of the problems...
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Lumig: 3:36pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
... Don't make the mistake of leaving the people out of the problems. The people are part of the problems... Not only the leaders

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by PAQ(m): 4:03pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:

The stupid leaders used to be among the wonderful people, after their leadership roles end, they will go back to being wonderful people. Then from the wonderful people another stupid leader erupts.... the cycle continues.

Are we really wonderful people?
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by GiantParrot(m): 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:

I used to think this way in the past. Not anymore. As some people have mentioned, the leaders are a reflection of the people.

There is a stark difference between the Dutch and Nigerians in terms of value systems. The typical Dutch values thrift, honesty, egalitarianism, intelligence and the rule of law. For example, Nigerians have very high tolerance for corruption, and value obscene displays of wealth and materialism. That is why we defend and worship our thieving politicians who steal our collective wealth to purchase costly cars and build huge edifices. On the other hand, the Dutch have zero tolerance for corruption and view materialism as a vice. They have this concept called "Gierig", an expression of thrift. They believe in making prudent use of resources, in getting good value for money. With that attitude, there is no way they can exist on the same plane as us. We're just a bunch of ridiculous people who think we can sow stones and expect to reap apples. As though the laws of nature and the principles of progress will somehow bend to our faith.

I have spent some time in the Netherlands - Rotterdam, Amsterdam, and Den Haag, and I can assure you that those people live in a different world than us. I find it difficult to believe we are the same species. Crime is virtually non-existent. They are even closing prisons due to lack of prisoners. At some point they were asking their neighbours, Belgium, for prisoners in other to keep prison staff employed. Unlike every rat and cockroach who goes into politics in Nigeria and wants to be treated like a King who no one can approach, you can enter the premises of the King of the Netherlands, an actual king. You can enter their parliament building without hassle. Just explain your mission and you'll be fine. Try that as a random person at the Nigerian national assembly and you'll have a painful story to tell. You won't find armed body guards harassing people and patrolling the official residence of the mayor of amsterdam along the gentleman's canal (Herengracht). A truly free country.

As Bill Gates advised the babbling f00ls in government who perpetually appear on the defensive whenever they receive sound advice, we need to spend more on investment in human capital development. A country's human resources are its most important resources. Have a deficient set of human resources and you'll end up with Nigeria - an impoverished country with so much wealth in the form of natural resources.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Princeboca12(m): 4:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:

Ironically, our leaders are wonderful people.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 13, 2018
GiantParrot:

I used to think this way in the past. Not anymore. As some people have mentioned, the leaders are a reflection of the people.

There is a stark difference between the Dutch and Nigerians in terms of value systems. The typical Dutch values thrift, honesty, egalitarianism, intelligence and the rule of law. For example, Nigerians have very high tolerance for corruption, and value obscene displays of wealth and materialism. That is why we defend and worship our thieving politicians who steal our collective wealth to purchase costly cars and build huge edifices. On the other hand, the Dutch have zero tolerance for corruption and view materialism as a vice. They have this concept called "Gierig", an expression of thrift. They believe in making prudent use of resources, in getting good value for money. With that attitude, there is no way they can exist on the same plane as us. We're just a bunch of ridiculous people who think we can sow stones and expect to reap apples. As though the laws of nature and the principles of progress will somehow bend to our faith.

I have spent some time in the Netherlands - Rotterdam, Amsterdam, and Den Haag, and I can assure you that those people live in a different world than us. I find it difficult to believe we are the same species. Crime is virtually non-existent. They are even closing prisons due to lack of prisoners. At some point they were asking their neighbours, Belgium, for prisoners in other to keep prison staff employed. Unlike every rat and cockroach who goes into politics in Nigeria and wants to be treated like a King who no one can approach, you can enter the premises of the King of the Netherlands, an actual king. You can enter their parliament building without hassle. Just explain your mission and you'll be fine. Try that as a random person at the Nigerian national assembly and you'll have a painful story to tell. You won't find armed body guards harassing people and patrolling the official residence of the mayor of amsterdam along the gentleman's canal (Herengracht). A truly free country.

As Bill Gates advised the babbling f00ls in government who perpetually appear on the defensive whenever they receive sound advice, we need to spend more on investment in human capital development. A country's human resources are its most important resources. Have a deficient set of human resources and you'll end up with Nigeria - an impoverished country with so much wealth in the form of natural resources.

What more could anyone add? Please do accept my outstretched hand of friendship.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Jaqenhghar: 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2018
Holywizard:
God bless them.
I can't wait to leave Nigeria
Pls do. Im yet to see one person who left this cesspit and regretted it. But I know scores who have come back and are gnashing their teeth
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Jaqenhghar: 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
GiantParrot:

May you live long and may you prosper far away from this shithole
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Austinio: 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
They have the best water engineers and are the best
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Didi2d(m): 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:

When Buhari ask us to grow rice, we crucify him on social media.
Abeg!
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by babasolution: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2018
good intelligent people only need access to power,to transform the fortunes of these country is very easy,intelligent youths need to take over
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by OyinO: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
FACTS!!!
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 6:56pm On Apr 13, 2018
Na everything una go dey blame leader. Keep on blaming the leaders. Are the leaders not like us before they got to that position. Many Nigerians are corrupt. Just give them small post to govern they will start behaving like demi-gods. When youths start shouting we are the leaders of tomorrow, but the same youth embezzled funds when they were departmental presidents, faculty presidents, presidents of students government and different committee. The change begin us not just the leaders.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Holywizard: 6:59pm On Apr 13, 2018
For now I just need a messiah bcoz I'm a jobless graduate. The country is failing me embarassed
Jaqenhghar:

Pls do. Im yet to see one person who left this cesspit and regretted it. But I know scores who have come back and are gnashing their teeth

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by MythAngel: 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2018
GiantParrot:

I hardly post... But you have said the concised words ... You earn this respect for being pragmatic ... In simple truth Nigerians have a problem but they not aware they are their problem.
Yet they are religious without good sense, always praying year in year out... And not realising the futility, infact to be frank. the suffering in Nigeria is just the beginning...expect more if you people don't think straight... You could easily blame the white man over racism yet tribalism in Nigeria is on a new height, how do you expect the white man to like you when you don't like yourself?

You see old men and women on the street , you may wonder that these are wise people... But the truth is foolishness reign with them...

Always complaining but never taking action ...

You are not far from truth if you concluded that the black man is cursed...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Jaqenhghar: 7:20pm On Apr 13, 2018
Holywizard:
For now I just need a messiah bcoz I'm a jobless graduate. The country is failing me embarassed
Sorry
Dont worry e go better.
But explore opportunities to leave bro. There is nothing in this cesspit for a young man like you
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by costandi(m): 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
like the leaders are not from amongst the people.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2018
Holywizard:

Whilst you're waiting for that job, go learn a skill. Just anything worth the time.

A guy came to service my AC for about an hour, and then got 5K from me. My job doesn't pay me that much in an hour. Then it became clear that skill is the future.

All of my kids must learn a trade after their secondary school. Degrees alone aren't enough any more.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Adieza(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:
It is something positive to think about by African leaders.

That said, the $90 billion figure stated by the op was an exageration. The correct details and statistics of the Dutch food export in 2017 are as follows:

"Meat and meat products represent nearly 12% of exports, while ornamental plants and dairy products and eggs each account for 10%. Exports of dairy and eggs, animals and meat, and oils and fats all rose sharply in 2017. Last year agricultural exports generated €44 billion for the Dutch economy"

.19 Jan 2018

$44 billion and not $90 billion.
Kindly check this thing before writing about what you don't know
https://www.government.nl/latest/news/2018/01/19/agricultural-exports-worth-nearly-%E2%82%AC92-billion-in-2017
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Adieza(m): 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2018
For those thinking its a lie or so.
kindly check this link below it's a real fact, You can ask anyone that lives in Dutch to debunk my facts.
https://www.government.nl/latest/news/2018/01/19/agricultural-exports-worth-nearly-%E2%82%AC92-billion-in-2017
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by brojoshua: 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
But as the people, so also are their leaders. Can you import leaders for a people to come and rule them? These are the kinds of leaders that can come out of Nigeria because of who Nigerians are. Reason is because almost all of us Nigerians are wickedly corrupt, selfish, unjust, unrighteous, unmerciful, blind, wicked, myopic, greedy, love lies and hated the truth, love darkness and hated light, prefers jungle justice which is evil than true and just justice and judgment, love disorder than order, etc. Almost all of us know how to quickly blame another person or people for our problems and woes and don't see ourselves as the primary and main cause of our own problems. And when people are doing that, then they will tarry long in problems.
But unless we repent from our wickedness and turn from our wicked ways, our conditions will get worse by the day. But if we turn from our wicked ways to the good and right ways, then God Himself will forgive us, remove His curse and destruction from us, heal our land and bless us, for our wickedness is so great before God, far more than what Sodom and Gomorrah were doing before God removed His own and then destroyed all the rest
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Abbeybailey(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
scully95:
Please add the 6th one there.. Nederlands is a permanent anglozionist puppet.. Nigeria is not.. This is a huge difference. OK..

Irumole killjoy, an average Dutch man or woman lives better than you.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by enimooko: 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
They used slaves for many years to develop their country!
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by dealslip(f): 8:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:
It is something positive to think about by African leaders.

That said, the $90 billion figure stated by the op was an exageration. The correct details and statistics of the Dutch food export in 2017 are as follows:

"Meat and meat products represent nearly 12% of exports, while ornamental plants and dairy products and eggs each account for 10%. Exports of dairy and eggs, animals and meat, and oils and fats all rose sharply in 2017. Last year agricultural exports generated €44 billion for the Dutch economy"

.19 Jan 2018

$44 billion and not $90 billion.
Euro has a higher value than the dollar. You said 44m Euro so when exchanged it would be higher in dollars
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by revontuli(f): 8:37pm On Apr 13, 2018
GiantParrot:

Ostentatious displays of wealth seems to be a major problem in Nigeria. Celebrities and rich people showing off their expensive cars, private nets, luxury weddings frequently appear on the front page on Nairaland and attract much attention. This is indeed weird and alien to me, not to mention depressing.

Scandinavians have the same mentality, people who make a load of money use public transport. You can see the politicians, heads of state, MP's, celebrities riding bicycles. I've seen an international rock star riding his bicycle in public. I've seen our ex-president at the market buying vegetables. Like you said, showing off material wealth is considered a vice and a shameful, immature act. Even rich people present themselves with a humble image.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by revontuli(f): 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2018
Dutch agriculture is a wonder to behold:
This National Geographics article explains some of the marvelous things they have achieved:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/09/holland-agriculture-sustainable-farming/

Quoting from the artice:

"Almost two decades ago, the Dutch made a national commitment to sustainable agriculture under the rallying cry “Twice as much food using half as many resources.” Since 2000, van den Borne and many of his fellow farmers have reduced dependence on water for key crops by as much as 90 percent. They’ve almost completely eliminated the use of chemical pesticides on plants in greenhouses, and since 2009 Dutch poultry and livestock producers have cut their use of antibiotics by as much as 60 percent."

"One more reason to marvel: The Netherlands is a small, densely populated country, with more than 1,300 inhabitants per square mile. It’s bereft of almost every resource long thought to be necessary for large-scale agriculture. Yet it’s the globe’s number two exporter of food as measured by value, second only to the United States, which has 270 times its landmass."

Read this one too: http://www.producegrower.com/article/philips-lighting-vertical-farm-netherlands/

Both articles have a lot of photos showing the impressive technology and engineering.

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by mikolo80: 9:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
Adieza:
1. The Netherlands is 22 times smaller than Nigeria.
2. They have 17 million people living there. 3. There are 6 states in Nigeria bigger than the Netherlands and Niger state is almost double in size.
That small the country is.

4. They feed themselves, and last year exported over $90 billion worth of food.
5. That is about 3 times Nigeria oil revenue. Funny enough, black people used to think agriculture was their thing since they didn't produce any technology.

Many people don't realize how sorry our situation is. Before, there was no money. But today there is so much money out there that we cannot even use the money available in the world to develop Nigeria. You don't really need government money these days to develop a country. The government just need to make life easy for people with money to come and use their money to develop the country. This is a very difficult notion for African leaders to understand.

Today, African governments are the biggest enemies of their own people.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=359881027851345&id=158338594672257
the people are their own enemy
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:29pm On Apr 13, 2018
Ok oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Isa Muazu Deported From Britain With A Private-Jet / SA Politician, Sepale, To Apply For Bail On Rape Charges After Leaked Sex Tapes / Putin Declares Martial Law In 4 Annexed Regions Of Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.