Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms (32419 Views)

King & Queen Of Netherlands Take Stunning Pics Infront Of SA's Purple Trees -PIX / Netherlands Probes 'illegal' Chinese Police Stations / 5 Facts About Dayton Mass Shooter, Connor Betts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by biopat(m): 11:44pm On Apr 13, 2018
FUNNYBONE1:
Nigeria a country blessed with wonderful people but stupid leaders.

I bet to differ. The leaders don't come from mars, they were part of the people. Wonderful people should produce wonderful leaders and bad people produce bad leaders.

Majority (if not all) of our leaders are bad, because as a people, majority of us are bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Abbeybailey(m): 1:40am On Apr 14, 2018
biopat:

I bet to differ. The leaders don't come from mars, they were part of the people. Wonderful people should produce wonderful leaders and bad people produce bad leaders.

Majority (if not all) of our leaders are bad, because as a people, majority of us are bad.

Gbam.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by scully95: 3:03am On Apr 14, 2018
Abbeybailey:
Irumole killjoy, an average Dutch man or woman lives better than you.

Omo ode of the week - An average dutch man is Poor and just live averagely! Nederlands is a feminine state where Nigerians don't even like. Only about 500 Nigerians got the dead Passport. Many of whom are slaves to the dutch. Dutch has history of taking African slave trade.
What detest most Nigerians the most is the working class paying tax only for the tax paid by the masses to be used for hiring prostitutes for Prisoners.

What kind of Rubbish country does that ?

[s]
Abbeybailey:
Poverty bred scum. Like I said earlier, 98 percent of Dutch men and women lives better than a worthless Irumole worshipping fool that don't know what a balanced diet is. A jobless human debris who lives in a sewage filled apartment bad mouthing Netherlands. Your poverty is your inheritance from your forebears and you will probably die an angry man and a poor soul. Meanwhile, the mosquitoes and rats in your sewage filled one room mansion won't let you sleep. Human Basura.
[/s]

Omo ode Of the week ! You should stop typing cos you know nothing ! I don't have time for you now.. Watching how many of your anglzoo missiles is being shutdown by Syrian missile defenses !.. So far we have shut down 20 missiles..
Counting..

[s]
Abbeybailey:
Poverty brain fool. I am not in support of Trampy bombing anyone or any country. People who know me know that I am a peace activist but a fool like you that has never see the inside of an aircraft in your wretched life is so worried about Russia and America war capabilities. How does that help you in your life living on less than $2 A day. Poverty is your inheritance and you need more than your worthless Irumole to take you out of it.
[/s]

Omo Ode of the week. lol peace Activist lol grin grin Omo Ode of the week calls himself peace activist! Listen Omo ode of the week again i dont have your time now. Try to suck the sh*t out of your ass first and have it for breakfast since you keep shouting never got food to eat or have enough.

[s]
Abbeybailey:
Irumole piece of garbage. You couldn't sleep because your life is miserable. Its almost 4am in Nigeria and a brainstem without a job is so worried about a country no one in his lineage can afford to travel to. Misplaced priority and it's no surprise that your life is in shambles.
[/s]

Omo Ode of the week will always behave like Omo Ode sha nii.. Just check between my profile and yours first and see the huge difference. See who is suffering. I have been online for more than 2 years, you can confirm that **Time spent online: 2 years & 5 months*
Check yours.. The time I have spent using Nairaland alone can feed your entire generation for years to come if you multply it by amount of Data cost in Naija. So when you talk of class, you are a nonentity and too dumb.

Again have you finished sucking your gruby Sh*t. Only hungary idi*t reason like you. Omo ode peace activitst grin grin grin
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Abbeybailey(m): 3:32am On Apr 14, 2018
scully95:

Omo ode of the week - An average dutch man is Poor and just live averagely! Nederlands is a feminine state where Nigerians don't even like. Only about 500 Nigerians got the dead Passport. Many of whom are slaves to the dutch. Dutch has history of taking African slave trade.
What detest most Nigerians the most is the working class paying tax only for the tax paid by the masses to be used for hiring prostitutes for Prisoners.

Poverty bred scum. Like I said earlier, 98 percent of Dutch men and women lives better than a worthless Irumole worshipping fool that don't know what a balanced diet is. A jobless human debris who lives in a sewage filled apartment bad mouthing Netherlands. Your poverty is your inheritance from your forebears and you will probably die an angry man and a poor soul. Meanwhile, the mosquitoes and rats in your sewage filled one room mansion won't let you sleep. Human Basura.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Abbeybailey(m): 3:45am On Apr 14, 2018
scully95:

[s][/s]

Omo ode Of the week ! You should stop typing cos you know nothing ! I don't have time for you now.. Watching how many of your anglzoo missiles is being shutdown by Syrian missile defenses !.. So far we have shut down 20 missiles..
Counting..
Poverty brain fool. I am not in support of Trampy bombing anyone or any country. People who know me know that I am a peace activist but a fool like you that has never see the inside of an aircraft in your wretched life is so worried about Russia and America war capabilities. How does that help you in your life living on less than $2 A day. Poverty is your inheritance and you need more than your worthless Irumole to take you out of it.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Abbeybailey(m): 3:58am On Apr 14, 2018
scully95:

[s][/s]

Counting..

[s][/s]

Omo Ode of the week. lol peace Activist lol grin grin Omo Ode of the week calls himself peace activist! Listen Omo ode of the week again i dont have your time now. Try to suck the sh*t out of your ass first and have it for breakfast since you keep shouting never got food to eat or have enough.
Irumole piece of garbage. You couldn't sleep because your life is miserable. Its almost 4am in Nigeria and a brainstem without a job is so worried about a country no one in his lineage can afford to travel to. Misplaced priority and it's no surprise that your life is in shambles. Scummy Scully, poverty brainstem. Irumole worshipping fool. Go and make your usual $1.50 . Okrika wearing , brown teeth and yellow eyed cave hustler.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by scrupulousblog: 6:38am On Apr 14, 2018
The political elites of this country need to wake up to do the needful. May God give us selfless, patrotic and visionary leaders cos we don't have even one among this crop of so called leaders at all levels.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by GiantParrot(m): 8:07am On Apr 14, 2018
dearpreye:

What more could anyone add? Please do accept my outstretched hand of friendship.

Accepted with pleasure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by GiantParrot(m): 8:19am On Apr 14, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

May you live long and may you prosper far away from this shithole

Thanks for the kind words. Although I am having ambivalent thoughts about leaving Nigeria. Most parts of the developed world were shitholes about 300 years ago. Humans like you and me made them what they are today. Maybe we could take a cue from them and do our part. Things may not change much for the better in our time. But we can sow the seeds of progress. Sensitizing people online and offline on the kind of values that promote progress, the proper role of government and the civic duties of citizens may not be much, but it's something.
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by GiantParrot(m): 8:46am On Apr 14, 2018
revontuli:

Ostentatious displays of wealth seems to be a major problem in Nigeria. Celebrities and rich people showing off their expensive cars, private nets, luxury weddings frequently appear on the front page on Nairaland and attract much attention. This is indeed weird and alien to me, not to mention depressing.

Maybe this is so because most Nigerians today don't know better. I hear there was a time when a fair number of people truly believed that a good name was better than silver and gold. Maybe the severe economic difficulties of the 80s and 90s forced many to abandon their values. Survival was paramount by any means necessary. Typical of people at the bottom of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Extreme poverty takes away a man's sense of self worth. The military leadership during this period lived ostentatiously. Corruption was rife among them. And these corrupt and powerful people who were doing so well for themselves in the midst of abject poverty, became the role models for the average citizen. As Plato said, bad heroes give glamour to flaws of character. Most people now viewed ostentatious displays as a way to express their success over the harsh economic situations. It restored that sense of self worth, made them valued among people.
It is not my place to tell people not to do as they please with their legitimate earnings. They can live ostentatiously as they want. My true pain is that we defend and celebrate people who sustain their ostentatious lifestyles with our collective wealth, while majority of us still wallow in abject poverty. We should know better than to perpetuate this culture of theft and corruption.

revontuli:

Scandinavians have the same mentality, people who make a load of money use public transport. You can see the politicians, heads of state, MP's, celebrities riding bicycles. I've seen an international rock star riding his bicycle in public. I've seen our ex-president at the market buying vegetables. Like you said, showing off material wealth is considered a vice and a shameful, immature act. Even rich people present themselves with a humble image.

The Scandinavians are an exemplary people. Their modesty is admirable. It's impressive how they turned those places with harsh climates into paradise. There's so much to learn from other people, then adapt and apply to suit our own situations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Adieza(m): 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2018
dealslip:

Euro has a higher value than the dollar. You said 44m Euro so when exchanged it would be higher in dollars
abi
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Jaqenhghar: 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2018
GiantParrot:

Thanks for the kind words. Although I am having ambivalent thoughts about leaving Nigeria. Most parts of the developed world were shitholes about 300 years ago. Humans like you and me made them what they are today. Maybe we could take a cue from them and do our part. Things may not change much for the better in our time. But we can sow the seeds of progress. Sensitizing people online and offline on the kind of values that promote progress, the proper role of government and the civic duties of citizens may not be much, but it's something.
My brother I wish I could share your sentiment. This country will never change except something very drastic happens and the way I see it we are getting there. I have wasted 20+ of my productive years in this shithole and I know enough to confidently say I cant give my children the kind of life they need in this environment. I salute your courage and wish you the very best and for the sake of peopel like you I pray the country gets it right somehow

1 Like

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Denningtedy(m): 4:11am On May 26, 2018
does anyone knows about the salary structure of the Nigerian Prisons Service?
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
GiantParrot:

I used to think this way in the past. Not anymore. As some people have mentioned, the leaders are a reflection of the people.

There is a stark difference between the Dutch and Nigerians in terms of value systems. The typical Dutch values thrift, honesty, egalitarianism, intelligence and the rule of law. For example, Nigerians have very high tolerance for corruption, and value obscene displays of wealth and materialism. That is why we defend and worship our thieving politicians who steal our collective wealth to purchase costly cars and build huge edifices. On the other hand, the Dutch have zero tolerance for corruption and view materialism as a vice. They have this concept called "Gierig", an expression of thrift. They believe in making prudent use of resources, in getting good value for money. With that attitude, there is no way they can exist on the same plane as us. We're just a bunch of ridiculous people who think we can sow stones and expect to reap apples. As though the laws of nature and the principles of progress will somehow bend to our faith.

I have spent some time in the Netherlands - Rotterdam, Amsterdam, and Den Haag, and I can assure you that those people live in a different world than us. I find it difficult to believe we are the same species. Crime is virtually non-existent. They are even closing prisons due to lack of prisoners. At some point they were asking their neighbours, Belgium, for prisoners in other to keep prison staff employed. Unlike every rat and cockroach who goes into politics in Nigeria and wants to be treated like a King who no one can approach, you can enter the premises of the King of the Netherlands, an actual king. You can enter their parliament building without hassle. Just explain your mission and you'll be fine. Try that as a random person at the Nigerian national assembly and you'll have a painful story to tell. You won't find armed body guards harassing people and patrolling the official residence of the mayor of amsterdam along the gentleman's canal (Herengracht). A truly free country.

As Bill Gates advised the babbling f00ls in government who perpetually appear on the defensive whenever they receive sound advice, we need to spend more on investment in human capital development. A country's human resources are its most important resources. Have a deficient set of human resources and you'll end up with Nigeria - an impoverished country with so much wealth in the form of natural resources.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by panafrican(m): 5:45am On Jun 11, 2018
Adieza:
1. The Netherlands is 22 times smaller than Nigeria.
2. They have 17 million people living there. 3. There are 6 states in Nigeria bigger than the Netherlands and Niger state is almost double in size.
That small the country is.

4. They feed themselves, and last year exported over $90 billion worth of food.
5. That is about 3 times Nigeria oil revenue. Funny enough, black people used to think agriculture was their thing since they didn't produce any technology.

Many people don't realize how sorry our situation is. Before, there was no money. But today there is so much money out there that we cannot even use the money available in the world to develop Nigeria. You don't really need government money these days to develop a country. The government just need to make life easy for people with money to come and use their money to develop the country. This is a very difficult notion for African leaders to understand.

Today, African governments are the biggest enemies of their own people.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=359881027851345&id=158338594672257

What should be # 1 is the first African slaves to arrive in America were brought there by the Dutch, on a Dutch boat , they landed in Virginia in 1619.

# 2 The Dutch benefited from free slave labor over 300 years to say the least.

# 3. The Dutch severed the head of a Ghanaian king and kept it in a bottle for more than 170 years.
Their country is where the international criminal court is today judging Africans leaders for so- called crimes against humanity.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/5896064/Dutch-return-171-year-old-severed-head-to-Ghana.html
Re: 5 Facts About Netherlands You May Never Know- Aroms by Athemisia: 10:20pm On Mar 13, 2022
FUNNYBONE1:
Nigeria a country blessed with wonderful people but stupid leaders.
Shey the leaders fall come from heaven!??
Abi na from the same "wonderful" people!??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Isa Muazu Deported From Britain With A Private-Jet / Putin Declares Martial Law In 4 Annexed Regions Of Ukraine / SA Politician, Sepale, To Apply For Bail On Rape Charges After Leaked Sex Tapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.