Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? (1773 Views)

Help! Friends, Family & Former School Mates From Nig Are Killing Me With Demands / E-passport Reissue London - Faulty Online Application Form / Applying For Nigerian Passport Reissue In Us (2) (3) (4)

Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 11:55pm On May 13, 2010
Hi all.Please does anyone know anybody working at passport office Abuja.
I need a reissue for my passport because of errors on it.I need it as soon as possible.I will have to travel to Abj and I need to spend as little time there as possible so I don waste valuable time and money.Please it's urgent.
Anyone who knows anything should please drop an email or phone number thanks.I am grateful.
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by justwise(m): 7:57am On May 14, 2010
2gd:

Hi all.Please does anyone know anybody working at passport office Abuja.
I need a reissue for my passport because of errors on it.I need it as soon as possible.I will have to travel to Abj and I need to spend as little time there as possible so I don waste valuable time and money.Please it's urgent.
Anyone who knows anything should please drop an email or phone number thanks.I am grateful.

People like you drive corruption higher in Nigeria. If you got somebody who will do it in a day for you how much do you think it will cost you? How much of that money do you think is going to govt pulse? We encourage corruption and still complain that some Nigerians are corrupt.
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by shollyboy2: 8:19pm On May 14, 2010
i dey always gbadun your comments justwise,
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 11:56pm On May 14, 2010
Justwise, before u condemn,it's better to ask questions.Ok?

Do you know what I have gone through trying to process this thing in an apparently normal  way.Do you know if I really need this thing urgently?Do you know how frustrated those people can make u if u don't part with hard earned cash? they can make u wait for weeks.months even.I have just finished waiting for 3weeks to get it done in lag(and i have been travelling to lag all this while because of this passport), I didn't give any one  in lag any money(I WAS DOING GOODY GOODY TWO SHOES.I AM NOW WISER BRO, ), From Lag, they now told me to go to abj. i dont have family in abj.no where to stay.
how much will hotel cost me? what about transport within Abuja?transport from southwest to abj.transport back home, Please THINK, I will not insult you and join the faceless nairalanders who just enjoy criticizing and insulting people.It''s really childish.and just in case u have more comments to add.as in more insults, I am not even gonna reply you, so dont waste your time.
Plus i am not working, so no money to throw around.
I hate corruption.with a passion.
I am also starting to realize that if u don't play according to some people's tunes, u will suffer in this country.As in , really suffer.

A very good way to advocate your DISLIKE for corruption is to go and meet all those policemen on the road who collect bribes  from bus drivers and tell each one of them the exact same thing you told me, Let us see whether the courage you show on nairaland can be used in your day to day life.We need people like you in Nigeria, and not just on FACELESS nairaland. Please run for a political office.I will vote for you(and I am not being sarcastic) only if you are courageous enough to go against the norms in Nigeria.But just be ready to be blackmailed, or even threatened to be killed.I have served in a political position in school where I was handling money and I was threatened to be attacked if I didn't release money into '
the wrong hands' .But by the grace of God, i did not succumb to their pressures and I am reaping the benefits today.A good name.But after that experience, I said I WILL NEVER GO INTO NIGERIAN POLITICS OR LEADERSHIP,

So, please transfer your criticism into the real world around you , Ok, MAKE POSITIVE change since you are so concerned, Just don't do it on nairaland and feel u have done something special.

@ the person who posted his/her details,I'll give you a call. Thanks.

Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by Nobody: 9:32am On May 15, 2010
2gd:

Justwise, before u condemn,it's better to ask questions.Ok?

Do you know what I have gone through trying to process this thing in an apparently normal way.Do you know if I really need this thing urgently?Do you know how frustrated those people can make u if u don't part with hard earned cash? they can make u wait for weeks.months even.I have just finished waiting for 3weeks to get it done in lag(and i have been travelling to lag all this while because of this passport), I didn't give any one in lag any money(I WAS DOING GOODY GOODY TWO SHOES.I AM NOW WISER BRO, ), From Lag, they now told me to go to abj. i dont have family in abj.no where to stay.
how much will hotel cost me? what about transport within Abuja?transport from southwest to abj.transport back home, Please THINK, I will not insult you and join the faceless nairalanders who just enjoy criticizing and insulting people.It''s really childish.and just in case u have more comments to add.as in more insults, I am not even gonna reply you, so dont waste your time.
Plus i am not working, so no money to throw around.
I hate corruption.with a passion.
I am also starting to realize that if u don't play according to some people's tunes, u will suffer in this country.As in , really suffer.

A very good way to advocate your DISLIKE for corruption is to go and meet all those policemen on the road who collect bribes from bus drivers and tell each one of them the exact same thing you told me, Let us see whether the courage you show on nairaland can be used in your day to day life.We need people like you in Nigeria, and not just on FACELESS nairaland. Please run for a political office.I will vote for you(and I am not being sarcastic) only if you are courageous enough to go against the norms in Nigeria.But just be ready to be blackmailed, or even threatened to be killed.I have served in a political position in school where I was handling money and I was threatened to be attacked if I didn't release money into '
the wrong hands' .But by the grace of God, i did not and I am reaping the benefits today.A good name.But after that experience, I said I WILL NEVER GO INTO NIGERIAN POLITICS OR LEADERSHIP,

So, please transfer your criticism into the real world around you , Ok, MAKE POSITIVE change since you are so concerned, Just don't do it on nairaland and feel u have done something special.

@ the person who posted his/her details,I'll give you a call. THanks.

Nice one!
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by DrKitaun(m): 12:53am On May 17, 2010
Wow!

2gd might not be 100% right but I love the way he's coined his words!

Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by jorel1(m): 12:58pm On May 17, 2010
my friend , go to NIS Abuja,, things have changed so much,
it takes only nine days to get the passport , so please do the right thing, if u needed it so badly why didnt you make ur plans early enough.

we have to work together to fight bribery and corruption (am sure u are one of those who pray against this in sunday mass) grin
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by justwise(m): 1:48pm On May 17, 2010
jor-el:

my friend , go to NIS Abuja,, things have changed so much,
it takes only nine days to get the passport , so please do the right thing, if u needed it so badly why didnt you make your plans early enough.

we have to work together to fight bribery and corruption (am sure u are one of those who pray against this in sunday mass) grin

Thank you so much!!! Some Nigerians are so used to using the short cut, paying for something that supposed to be FREE. They keep encouraging bribering and at the same time crying abt corruption.
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by DrKitaun(m): 1:59pm On May 17, 2010
Bribering ?
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by justwise(m): 2:07pm On May 17, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Bribering ?

Is that the only thing u picked up from my post?
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 9:38pm On May 17, 2010
@jor-el:
If you'd thoroughly read my post you'd have DISCOVERED that I had applied for a reissue 3 weeks ago, so it's not about trying to do something at the last minute, but about something taking MUCH LONGER than it is NORMALLY supposed to,
Plus if you could apply deductive reasoning to my post, you would know that going to abj isnt the issue,
READ, READ, READ, IT'S GOOD FOR D BODY LOL!!
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 17, 2010
2gd:

@jor-el:
If you'd thoroughly read my post you'd have DISCOVERED that I had applied for a reissue 3 weeks ago, so it's not about trying to do something at the last minute, but about something taking MUCH LONGER than it is NORMALLY supposed to,
Plus if you could apply deductive reasoning to my post, you would know that going to abj isnt the issue,
READ, READ, READ, IT'S GOOD FOR D BODY LOL!!

Lol, this is 9ja! Nothing goes for Nothing. No one is suporting bribery & corruption in Nigeria. Mate, i feel u.
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 9:56pm On May 17, 2010
@ all, thanks for all d concern , I'll keep everyone posted when I get my passport. smiley

PLUS, let's fight corruption, !(not just with prayers, please let the bold ones walk into offices of 'the corrupt' and let our views be known, just as we make our views known on nairaland, surely, that will make a difference , hmmmm).LET us refuse to take buses/cabs where drivers pay the policemen 'for nothing'.

Let's also remember that while we want to fight corruption,let's all pray that no one will be put in a position where you'd be put between the devil and d deep blue sea, it is then and only then you will know theory is different from practical, LOL! One good example, Every knowledgeable Nigerian knows that to import things by sea , you will 'drop money' for customs, anyone who tells u they didnt 'pay any fees' while getting their goods is a liar. I personally know of someone who imported tonnes of a perishable good, He refused to pay customs, His goods have been at the port for over 3 months, WORTH MILLIONS OD NAIRA, money he borrowed from d bank,

ANTICORRUPTION GUYS, what is your solution to that, They guy is presently in court now trying to settle the issue, It's been dragging, He's in deep debt now.
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by jorel1(m): 10:00pm On May 17, 2010
Day 1: file in Application
3rd Day : Snap Photo and biometrics
7th day usually after weekend ( your passport is ready)
The time you spend replying to your thread, u could have gotten the passport by now.
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 10:05pm On May 17, 2010
Plus I forgot to add: there are speculations that one of his competitors tipped the customs guys to do that to him.Imagine a scenario where the poor guy paid customs more than his competitor paid them.He wouldn't have this problem now.

I will not stand for corruption , bribery ,etc . But the way things are in this country, let's not lie to ourselves, it will take years before things can be normal.

I used to look at Nigeria through rose colored glasses and had great dreams of changing the country.Now I must confess the whole tin don tire me, I can only be praying.I wont do evil stuff , or partake in these things, but my level of interest in causing change have dwindled, I HAVE SEEN REAL SCENARIOS HAPPEN BEFORE MY EYES. Frustrating things, things one has no power over, God will help us sha.I will continue to pray.We need courageous and motivated leaders to bring about change, those who are not afraid to die for the good cause.Me, I'll just watch from afar and be praying for them.
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 10:08pm On May 17, 2010
@ jor -el : i will not reply your comments because I have a feeling you are being intentionally obtuse, No insults intended
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by DrKitaun(m): 5:23am On May 18, 2010
Where is Justwise ?
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by Nobody: 9:40am On May 22, 2010
hi 2gd. please contact me when you succeed with your re-issue ok. I also have a problem with my e-passport. there was an error in my date of birth. need to know how u went about it and how much it cost you. thanks a lot. my mail addy is hotstuff101288@yahoo.com. looking forward to hearing from you
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2gd: 1:34am On Jun 02, 2010
got it,
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by aroy1: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2010
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by shinerpoly: 6:26pm On Apr 06, 2012
Dear all,

Please info on passport re-issue to correct my date of birth on e-passport.

Thank you all.
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by bobkezel(m): 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2012
Justwise are u run away?person go just open im mouth begin talk.mtcheW
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by justwise(m): 8:08pm On Apr 07, 2012
bobkezel: Justwise are u run away?person go just open im mouth begin talk.mtcheW
. And ur point is?
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by jaydude(f): 7:27am On May 22, 2012
Pls u all should stop condeming the poster. We all cut corners in different areas of our lives so let's come off it. Moreover dis passport re issue in abuja is a big one! Transport, accomodation, time and all that...does it make sense that in a country with 36 states d only place one can do a re-issue is in abuja? Pls pls I've been 2 abuja earlier dis year for that and have issues wit my passport, I can't even risk my life travelling der again....pls if anyone has the contact of an nis official in abuja pls don't hesistate 2 help out....it doesn't make sense for me 2 go back 2 abuja cos I've already snapped and done ma thumbprint dis year,its just 2 change some details...thanks...if u also knw an nis officer in lagos that can link one up 2 abuja pls don't hesistate 2 help...
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by justwise(m): 2:15pm On May 22, 2012
jaydude: Pls u all should stop condeming the poster. We all cut corners in different areas of our lives so let's come off it. Moreover dis passport re issue in abuja is a big one! Transport, accomodation, time and all that...does it make sense that in a country with 36 states d only place one can do a re-issue is in abuja? Pls pls I've been 2 abuja earlier dis year for that and have issues wit my passport, I can't even risk my life travelling der again....pls if anyone has the contact of an nis official in abuja pls don't hesistate 2 help out....it doesn't make sense for me 2 go back 2 abuja cos I've already snapped and done ma thumbprint dis year,its just 2 change some details...thanks...if u also knw an nis officer in lagos that can link one up 2 abuja pls don't hesistate 2 help...

Things will be a lot better if we stop cutting corners and do things the normal way.

When you bribe an immigration officer to do the job he/her was paid to do it will make life hell for any applicant who got no money for bribe, his/her own passport application will be pushed behind while the immigration officer attend to people who he collected bribe from.

They will always look for bribe before they do anything for you because people like you are always ready to 'cut-corners'.

Why are we complaining about politicians and how bad Nigeria is if we don't see anything wrong with cutting corners?
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by jaydude(f): 3:46pm On May 22, 2012
Well if re-issue was done in lagos as well as other states, we wuldnt b talking of this now...what d govt did was simply so foolish...@ least one center for re-issue @ d 6 geo political zones wuldv been better..wen I went 2 abuja earlier dis year for it,I spent about 40k for my transport and accomodation alone(and I went by road!) Does it make sense? In this era of technological advancement
Re: Anyone @ Nig.immig Service Abj Who Can Help With Speedy Passport Reissue? by 2good(m): 5:36pm On May 25, 2012
I just renewed my passport at the Nigerian Embassy in the Hague, The Netherlands. The cost of the renewal was 65 dollars application fee when you fill the form online, 40 euros handling charge and 250 euros fine because my passport has not expired (I still had like 8months left on it). At the end it cost me about 340 euros(429.5 dollars or 68,480 Naira).
The Nigerian staff at the embassy where very nice to me but the money I paid (which is not the fault of the Embassy) is a complete rip off and I think the Nigerian government should look into the activities of the Nigerian Immigration.

Studying Abroad ? / Malta Study Visa / Need Cheap Taxi/cab Services In Dallas

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53