Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,044 members, 7,849,210 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:18 PM

What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? (2734 Views)

What Parts Are You Looking For? / Subaru Forester Parts And Maintenance / 7 Car Parts And Accessories That Usually Get Stolen In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2018
wane01:

Good evening Sir ..
Car has been worked upon .. two front sensors changed .. billed 120k .. They also said there was a blockage in the flow of brake fluid in the pipe .. and also a depleted brake disc

If they used factory parts then that is a deal.

My shop rate plus parts will be more than that.

Find the cause of the blockage, it’s unusual.

Depleted disc as in worn out of spec?

My own repair will be replace both discs on the same axle. With ABS, if you hope to rely on effective use then both discs need to be same thickness. But......

1 Like

Re: What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? by wane01(m): 9:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

If they used factory parts then that is a deal.

My shop rate plus parts will be more than that.

Find the cause of the blockage, it’s unusual.

Depleted disc as in worn out of spec?

My own repair will be replace both discs on the same axle. With ABS, if you hope to rely on effective use then both discs need to be same thickness. But......
Yea worn out disc ..
was blocked by sand or some particles .. I checked d filter and its still neat so am sort of puzzled where those particles came from ..
Another one popped up again .. power steering pump is ceasing and flinging the belt away .. I used two belts before I got home ... I looked at the protector and its still there ..
mehn I wonder why Infiniti's problems always come in series
Re: What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2018
wane01:

Yea worn out disc ..
was blocked by sand or some particles .. I checked d filter and its still neat so am sort of puzzled where those particles came from ..
Another one popped up again .. power steering pump is ceasing and flinging the belt away .. I used two belts before I got home ... I looked at the protector and its still there ..
mehn I wonder why Infiniti's problems always come in series

Are you serious or just joking?

Particles in the break line?
Re: What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? by wane01(m): 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Are you serious or just joking?

Particles in the break line?

yea supplying the brake fluid from the pump ...
am gonna work on the car personally on Saturday ..
i learnt auto repairs for 7seven years in the U.K while schooling .. its just office work that took me outta the profession
Re: What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? by DrDre1(m): 2:39am On Apr 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:
As in the title grin

Pick up location will be in Ibadan.

Edit: Not just one time parts, think more what can be a good continuous sales item for my shop.
Hello sir. I will appreciate your views on a R Class 2007 model. Apologies for going off topic smiley
Re: What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 23, 2018
DrDre1:

Hello sir. I will appreciate your views on a R Class 2007 model. Apologies for going off topic smiley

It is not off topic, it's still automobile related.

I've never owned an R class and I tend to give opinions on models that I've personally owned. That being said, since it's a Mercedes then it's a buy for me.

All I can ask is that you "buy" the individual car, not the manufacturer or the seller.

In case you need a vehicle history report ---> https://www.nairaland.com/4460217/experians-autocheck-vehicle-history-report

Good luck.
Re: What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? by Nobody: 3:09am On Apr 23, 2018
The shop website is [url]TobiMotors.Com[/url] but currently only doing limited sales and service.

The Nairaland username for the shop is SalesTobiMotors and operated mostly by my Sales Associate in Ibadan

Thanks.

Mention coupon code "Azikwe" for storewide 10% discount on parts and accessories.

1 Like

Re: What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? by Originalsly: 6:21am On Apr 23, 2018
Hmmm....I have no parts to recommend. ..nor need any....but find this thread very interesting.

1 Like

Re: What Parts And Accessories Are You Yearning For? by DrDre1(m): 7:21am On Apr 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:

It is not off topic, it's still automobile related.

I've never owned an R class and I tend to give opinions on models that I've personally owned. That being said, since it's a Mercedes then it's a buy for me.

All I can ask is that you "buy" the individual car, not the manufacturer or the seller.

In case you need a vehicle history report ---> https://www.nairaland.com/4460217/experians-autocheck-vehicle-history-report

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for your comment. I get the individual car part very well. Unfortunately, I'm not sure the history report check would be possible in this case as the said vehicle is in the middle east. Although the owner told me it's mostly maintained by the Mercedes dealership here, I'm not sure the dealership here shares its records with people in the U.S.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accident Involving Benz And Kekenapep At Gwarinpa (graphic Picture ) / Advice Needed Please On My RX 330 Gearbox Problem / My Toyota Camry Just Got Hooked, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.