Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. (14063 Views)

SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN THAT '' THANKING GOD HEALS '' / A Graduate Student Disproves Gay Marriage Scientifically. / Graces Derived From Assisting At Holy Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. by vaxx: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2018
[quote author=budaatum post=67059483]
Science cannot be by consent if no objective evidence is provided to justify that consent! That is why scientific experiments, at least, require peer reviews to ascertain repeatability, verifiability , falsifiability, and most important of all, objectivity.
very correct, this further buttress the importance of objectivity in science.

No one in their right sense can argue that a one litre jug filled with a carefully measured out half a litre of water is not half full and half empty.
science sometimes disrespect logic or common sense, there are counter-intuitive and yet relevant theory that directly contradicts the everyday, commonsense, naked-eye experience and the evidence that gainsays commonsense is difficult to come by even with setting up a parameter, it still can be falsified. Scientists learned to disabuse themselves of intuition and draw conclusions from data. i do not want to go further on this postulation as i have provided enough reasons to debunk it on the concept of subjectivity.
Re: Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. by budaatum: 9:04am On Apr 27, 2018
kovah:
making sense of our realities in d scientific way and hoping it will not b subjective to our reality is not possible
So let's not even bother trying and do the exact opposite as op has done, right? I don't share this view, sorry. It is the justification of mediocrity and intellectual laziness!

And it is possible. Proper scientists, and honest people do it all the time.
Re: Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. by kovah(m): 10:59am On Apr 27, 2018
budaatum:

So let's not even bother trying and do the exact opposite as op has done, right? I don't share this view, sorry. It is the justification of mediocrity and intellectual laziness!

And it is possible. Proper scientists, and honest people do it all the time.
I didn't say don't bother I said it's not possible not impossible...I stated d way I see things dats all
Re: Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. by budaatum: 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
kovah:
I didn't say don't bother I said it's not possible not impossible...I stated d way I see things dats all
I know you are stating the way you see things, but you are stating them for others to hear it and so you would be engaged, which is what I am doing. It is how one gains understanding. So.

"Not possible", but "not impossible"? You will have to explain that to me. Mathematical logic makes both phrases mean 'possible', and 'impossible'. Is there a typo there somewhere?
Re: Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. by kovah(m): 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
budaatum:

I know you are stating the way you see things, but you are stating them for others to hear it and so you would be engaged, which is what I am doing. It is how one gains understanding. So.

"Not possible", but "not impossible"? You will have to explain that to me. Mathematical logic makes both phrases mean 'possible', and 'impossible'. Is there a typo there somewhere?
it's not possible in our understanding of things right now to say if we are being subjectively or being objectively correct in whatever analysis of science but all d efforts in science right now is streamlined towards making a better human existence...No scientific research I know of is intentionally trying to make human existence worse...So science as of now is subjective to human survival...So in a way baise....Dat said it is not impossible dat science can b used objectively with d human factor involved
Re: Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. by budaatum: 12:15am On Apr 28, 2018
kovah:
So science as of now is subjective to human survival...So in a way baise....Dat said it is not impossible dat science can b used objectively with d human factor involved
Thank you.
Re: Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. by budaatum: 1:23am On Aug 20, 2018
Gggg102:

both are possible assumptions outside science.
I see you engaged well with the problem of subjectivity being seen as objectivity in this thread.

Impressive!
Re: Proof Of God. Scientifically Derived. by Gggg102(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2018
budaatum:

I see you engaged well with the problem of subjectivity being seen as objectivity in this thread.

Impressive!

I try.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

5 Life Lessons To Learn From The Temptation Of Jesus Christ / Is There Anything Like Untimely Death? / Gospel Music Versus Secular Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.