Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,110 members, 7,842,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina (528 Views)

Femi Adesina: The Dream I Had About Abba Kyari And My Last Contact With Him / Obasanjo Writes Buhari Again, Warns Him To End Violent Attacks Across Nigeria / Why I’ll Work For Adelabu In Oyo, By Akala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by ybtcnews: 11:38pm On Apr 14, 2018
The greatest talking point in our country this week has been the declaration by President Muhammadu Buhari that he would seek a second term in office next year. And naturally so. Desire by any President, whether positive or negative, should elicit great interest in the citizenry.

The President that should be pitied is the one that says something, and the people just shrug, unconcernedly. He is of all men the most miserable.

As to be expected, the notice given by President Buhari has engendered diverse emotions and reactions. The joy kiln has ben kindled in the hearts of many millions. They are exultant and ecstatic. I am in that number.

While millions are like Romeos beholding their Juliets, others on the flip-side, however, are like King Leah at his worst. It was as if they got blows to the solar plexus. Ouch! And they are wailing, kicking and screaming. Mournfully so.

The days of their rustication from power will be extended, and they can’t bear it. Doomsday is elongated, doors to freebies shut again. They are quite vocal, but much smaller in number, and the elections next year will so prove. There’s still plenty where the bloody nose of 2015 came from.

Now, despite the challenges in the country (and very many of them), from Enugu to Borno, Benue to Zamfara, Oke Ogun farmlands in Oyo to Mambilla in Taraba, Plateau to Edo/Delta, virtually everywhere, why is President Buhari still the man to beat? That is the purpose of this piece.

Some of the challenges in the country are genuine. Some others are orchestrated by those the President would say are playing “irresponsible politics.” For such people, they would first urinate inside the well they want to draw drinking water from.

They would gladly step into power, treading on skulls and crossbones, and on the flowing blood of innumerable countrymen. Ogres! But Nigerians are wiser. They know those who are serving them, and who wish to serve more for altruistic reasons. They also know those who just want to grab power, so that the country can return to business as usual, and their snouts can be dipped in the honeypot once again.

I’ll vote for President Buhari over and over, again and again, because he can be trusted. You can trust him with the resources of the country. He won’t filch them. You can trust him with power. He won’t misuse it. You can trust him with the well being of the land, he cares. I remember one night, I had gone to the residence to see the President. It was about 8 p.m, and there were just two of us in the waiting room.

The other elderly fellow has held power at very senior levels in the country. He had even aspired for the highest office in the land. So, he knows what he’s talking about.

He told me: “Look at this sprawling place. Just two of us waiting to see the President. It didn’t use to be like this. Up to 3 a.m daily, the place used to be like a market, filled with men, women from within and outside the country. They would come to seal all kinds of deals on petroleum, power, transport, iron and steel, and all others.

And of course, the President and his household would always have a cut. The wheeler-dealers would also have their cut. Who dares approach this President with such proposals? That is why you see so much sanity here.”

A President who won’t sell our collective patrimony while the rest of the country is sleeping. That’s the one I want. And we all know that man.

Accountability is another reason. Under some presidents, the rich gets richer, while the poor gets prison. Not under Buhari. The resources of the country are

MORE:http://ybtcnews.com/2018/04/14/why-ill-vote-buhari-again-and-again-femi-adesina/
Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 14, 2018
Femi Adesina I do not expect you to vote against your bread giver. So shut it and keep moving

7 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by Bowwow11(m): 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
may be is only your vote that will make him to win the next election we will know by 2019 general election
Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by diablos: 11:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
Useless piece coming from the chief zombie defender of the clueless one. Your vote is inconsequential and will not stop the dullard from relocating to his village come 2019.

6 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 15, 2018
This pig headed afonja zombie has gone mad again.

4 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by Nobody: 4:05am On Apr 15, 2018
Buhari 2019, Igbo Presidency 2023!!

1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by uwa1(m): 4:24am On Apr 15, 2018
To protect ur career....
Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by ihitenansa: 4:33am On Apr 15, 2018
ur paymaster is too unresourceful and backwards in thinking,... such ppl dont attract progressive crowd and attention.. dats the exact picture of a collapsing /collapsed bizness. but as a zombie, u chose to white wash the occassion with flattering superlatives.

2 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by nnachukz(m): 4:35am On Apr 15, 2018
Mr Femi, just say the simple truth. You will vote him again and again because that is where your pay is coming from. The annoying people are those who do it for tribal/religious reason.
Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by nnachukz(m): 4:45am On Apr 15, 2018
igbodefender:
This doesn't fly. Effective and good governance is better than this your nonsense. Igbo, Yoruba or an Hausa man, anyone with brain can lead us and all parts of the country will experience real growth.

2 Likes

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by SalamRushdie: 5:22am On Apr 15, 2018
No you won't!!! you are only voting for your current job and not Buhari because if the circumstances are changed today and you don't work for Buhari you can never vote him...Femi you are becoming to old to be practicing braid daylight sycophancy

1 Like

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by expert234: 6:16am On Apr 15, 2018
igbodefender:

Apart from the mirage of igbo 2023 presidency, what other thing qualifies Buhari for second term? How many of his electoral promises has he fulfilled? Or that doesn't matter to you?

1 Like

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by uboma(m): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2018
Femi Adesina should vote for brother Buhari come 2019 but he should also be ready to relocate with him to Daura, Katsina.

1 Like

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by jamace(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2018
Femi defending his stomach infrastructure.

-Buhari has escalated security problems in Nigeria.
- Buhari is condoning corruption in his cabinet and chasing shadow.
-Buhari disorganized Nigeria economy and is struggling to clear his own mess.

1 Like

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by Flets: 10:03am On Apr 15, 2018
This right here is poverty mentality in full display. The fear of losing ones livelihood and damning your conscience to common sense is the worst state of a man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by WATCHOVER(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2018
Adesina don smoke weedgrin. Take it or leave it Buhari is not coming back. Pls don't ask me why or how ask OBJ

1 Like

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by phase1: 10:14am On Apr 15, 2018
Are you supposed to vote against your paymaster?

1 Like

Re: Why I’ll Vote Buhari Again And Again – Femi Adesina by mpianya39(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2018
igbodefender:

Bia enyi, which role you de play for us self with this your Ibo presidency angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Are So Angry, It Will Take Magic And Miracle To..... / Gov. Okorocha Gifts Miracle Land And N2million, Set To Setup Aviation School / Video: Asari Vows To Stop Governor Wike's Re-election In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.