Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (767 Views)

Parents With 2 or More Boys How Do You Cope? / Husbands Or Wives With Mouth Odour, How Do You Cope? / How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by ilovemylife4me(f): 12:12pm On Apr 15, 2018

1 Like

Re: . by IamD18: 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2018
Son or daughter?
Re: . by Affordablerent: 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2018
Work harder, that's all
Contact me for affordable rent in Lagos
Re: . by ilovemylife4me(f): 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2018
IamD18:
Son or daughter?
Don't get you please
Re: . by IamD18: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
ilovemylife4me:
Don't get you please
Is this complaint coming from a guy or a lady?
Re: . by IamD18: 12:29pm On Apr 15, 2018
ilovemylife4me:
from a lady

I think she's indirectly hinting on marriage issue, you should know how some mothers do.

I'll advice you to leave that house for her if you have good friends you can squat with, all you need now is happiness, less pressure and emotional stability to think straight, tell her you are going out there to become a look for what to do and how to better yourself and the family. You must be a graduate I guess, and it's very wrong for a female graduate to stay with a pressuring mother, else you'll start growing negative plans of prostitution or any how marriage.

Just keep your cools, explain to your close friends, there should be a gap between you and your mum for now, don't be much disturbed, okay? It happens.
Re: . by ilovemylife4me(f): 12:34pm On Apr 15, 2018
IamD18:

Is this complaint coming from a guy or a lady?
from a lady
Re: . by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 15, 2018
My mother does that, A LOT!

I simply remind her of my mates who are dead. I ask her if I should be like them too.
Re: . by Esthered: 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
Happy Sunday Dear OP, my mum does it to me but I try to make fun of what she's saying which makes her insist she's serious and may end up laughing with me and I try to digress to ensure the topic is changed. Don't relent on your efforts in what you're doing to improve your finance to enable you support your family as we're our parents investment in Africa. Learn to develop a thick skin and she'll get tired when she sees you no longer react when she starts her comparison.
Re: . by virud: 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2018
Occasionally, try and make her take a dose of her own medicine . After all , A good parent leaves an inheritance to his children's children.

NB: I assumed that you are an industrious child. Not some lazy child that wants to be spoon fed.
Re: . by ilovemylife4me(f): 11:08am On Apr 16, 2018
Thanks @all
Re: . by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
Omo if there is a curse nko
Re: . by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 16, 2018
ilovemylife4me:
One keep trying but things are not working out as planned and your mother keep comparing you with others making you feel you can no longer achieve success.

always reminding you. how you're suppose to be taking care of her and your younger one by now, which she's right, but you keep trying, but it's just not working out yet.

what do you do to experience emotional stability for once?
Stat away from her for now,cause she is draining your self confidence

(1) (Reply)

Caracta's No Cyber Judging Rule! / Purchase Any Of These Nice & Affordable Cars And Houses For Your Perfect Home. / Couples All You Need To Know About Morning Sex For A Few Minutes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.