Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church (59212 Views)

Marriage Wahala. Evan Ebuka Óbị Asked Couple To Divorce / The Lords Chosen: Deaf And Dumb Couple For 35yrs And 40yrs Healed Simultaneously / Pastor Nnamdi Akujor Predicts Man's First Class Result Before His Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by wildernessVoice: 2:59am On Apr 16, 2018
xynerise:
This is pure hypocrisy. It means you can fuvk your man or woman before marriage but just don't get pregnant. What are they really against?

These mushroom churches are just like the Pharisees

It is not only pregnancy test that the Church emphasis. During Church premarital counseling, from day one to the end emphasis is made not to defile your bed . I know many lied to their marriage counselor but judgment await all liars.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by michoade(m): 3:06am On Apr 16, 2018
KushyKush:

I am a Christian and I can bold say 90% of African churches are stupid and vain.

Mary would have terminated Jesus's pregnancy if she was a Nigerian Christian.

By the way, church wedding should be abolished because it is not necessary. Court and traditional weddings are far better.

At least they wouldn't ask for wedding and special donations to the church account.
are u really christian or church goer?

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Nobody: 3:59am On Apr 16, 2018
Sharp pastor grin
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by chivic(m): 4:36am On Apr 16, 2018
There is no issue in this, All churches have their rules and doctrine but if you are not willing to abide by it, you change church.

If churches remove this pregnancy test,a lot of our ladies will be pregnat before wedding,and a lot of supposed marriages will be terminated before time.
Mary's case was absolutely different because the holy spirit was involved and he took control and direction of the couple and the child.In this case it was a choir member.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by BigIyanga: 4:55am On Apr 16, 2018
There is nothing like church wedding in the bible. Na long throat church take enter marriage matter. Jesus attended traditional marriage not church wedding
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by AODT(m): 5:03am On Apr 16, 2018
For the records church wedding is an English man's traditional wedding. I just don't get why we elevate other people's things way way higher than ours.

And when they are gone now am sure the pastor is pleased and has received a pat for getting another soul.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by akpanbaba: 5:05am On Apr 16, 2018
Shall we continue in sin so that grace may abound,?
Why are we deceiving ourselves when truth is staring at us?
It baffles me that most of the commentators have suddenly become traditionalists while they are still claiming to be Christians
May God help our ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by thunderbabs: 5:08am On Apr 16, 2018
All these our Pastors sef dey over work this missionary work pass Jesus.

If na dem dey bring d woman who committed adultery com meet, dey go approve d stoning of d woman to death.

Pastors, easy
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by phemmyfour: 5:41am On Apr 16, 2018
KushyKush:

I am a Christian and I can bold say 90% of African churches are stupid and vain.

By the way, church wedding should be abolished because it is not necessary. Court and traditional weddings are far better.

At least they wouldn't ask for wedding and special donations to the church account.
you are wrong.

The white gown is for virgin. If you are a non virgin or preggy, stay away from Church wedding
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by delishpot: 5:58am On Apr 16, 2018
HappyPagan:
Christians and their wahala.

If to say dem ask Mary dis kain question, dem for don abort Jesus...

Gbam!
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by sexy74(m): 6:24am On Apr 16, 2018
Does the pastor want to say that the church wedding is more important than the traditional wedding.

Just as one poster said " if Mary do pregnancy test before she marry dem for abort Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by despeakableme: 6:35am On Apr 16, 2018
The pastor was right and wrong at the same time.

asking for the pregnancy certificate was a good move. respect for him because many pastors dont understand what marriage really means.

But using it as a sermon... that was really bad. If he had talked about them in a hypothetical way, den, cool. but pointing fingers... Thats jus gossip.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by abbeyty(m): 6:36am On Apr 16, 2018
Must you marry in the church ?
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Suko110(m): 6:44am On Apr 16, 2018
greatnaija01:
well THEY WERE NEVER SERIOUS IN THE FIRST PLACE.... the bible says ONLY THE WICKED RUNS WHEN NO MAN IS PURSUING...

If they met a REAL MAN OF GOD, they may have been exposed from their first day in Church.
Jesus that was God, how many times did he expose sinners? Even d woman caught committing adultery did he not forgive her? We like too much finger pointing in nigeria. If the traditional marriage is not valid let d pastor start wedding people without dem paying bride price
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by HappyPagan: 6:46am On Apr 16, 2018
truthstands12:

Be very careful of what inference you make about your creator. You can say whatever you want to say without making reference to the Lord. Don't take your example to such height. Its very risky example you are giving here because you are talking about the creator of the universe. So, you need to be careful.
oh please shut up.. I dont believe in thaf dead Jew. His father's not my creator. Keep your warning to yourself.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Suko110(m): 6:48am On Apr 16, 2018
phemmyfour:
you are wrong.

The white gown is for virgin. If you are a non virgin or preggy, stay away from Church wedding
Will u keep quiet!!! How many virgins do we hv in nigeria?? Abi pregnancy is now virginity test.

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by FunkyAlhaji2015: 6:48am On Apr 16, 2018
divicoded:

In my Church, you don't go to any hospital you want for the test, the Church will refer you to their own lab or hospital.

Seems you Church is already corrupted the way you sounded.

In their own lab or hospital, it is made up of people with impeccable and tested character, not Yahoo boy doctors.

Don't come back and say everybody can be bought or everyone is corrupt! Speak for yourself and your Church

The Bible says "all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God", it is only through the mercy of God that we shall be redeemed. Jesus came to the world for sinners not the righteous. No pastor has the right to demand for pregnancy test before marriage. If a couple is pregnant before marriage, it is left for God to judge them. If a pastor denies them wedding right and they go out to get an abortion so as to get wedded. Isn't that committing a bigger sin to clean another sin to please the pastor? Don't bring in "marriage blessing" here, it is an unknown doctrine.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by eyinjuege: 6:59am On Apr 16, 2018
Is it a must to have church wedding?
What is this craze about church weddings, yet couples are not willing to follow the doctrines. Stop fornicating if church wedding is a prerequisite for you to enter heaven.
People always averse to taking personal responsibility for their actions.
Yen,yen,yen. Whining all the time. The church made me commit abortion, yen,yen,yen. As if you can mention your abortion to the same church you claimed made you commit abortion.
Its hypocrisy that made you commit the abortion, afterall you're not the first to get pregnant and not married in the church. Traditional and court weddings have always been enough for others, they didn't abort so why should you?
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by bomasek(m): 7:31am On Apr 16, 2018
eph12:

Then why are they asking the church to wed them? Do they think the church is a joke?
They are confused as Christians cause they are wired to believe that without church wedding,they aren't man n wife

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by godofuck231: 7:31am On Apr 16, 2018
greatnaija01:
ISLAM WAS NOT EITHER... so are you a traditional worshipper?

HECK... why did you even reply in ENGLISH... why not use your NATIVE TONGUE.. why are you wearinf CLOTHES...it is wise to learn from others if their ways are BETTER than yours.... so we adopted their ways and it has improved our lives ever since.... since you want to select AND dissect what English men brought.... lol... BRO... accept it.. THEY GAVE US LIGHT IN EVERY AREA OF LIFE... TRADITIONAL THINGS ARE USELESS COS WE CAN EVEN CARRY THE GODS... they can not move without being carried... WE HAVE LEFT THAT ERA..

bro calm down o

I meant pregnate there, it's just a thought by the way, lol
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Ellabae(f): 7:37am On Apr 16, 2018
This church wedding doesn't freak me thàt much. But if the couples are so eager to do it then they must go through due process.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by luckyogor(m): 7:41am On Apr 16, 2018
your traditional marriage is your most important marriage,all other marriages are secondary.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by aku626(m): 7:48am On Apr 16, 2018
The church has a doctrine and set rules. They just got served the rules of the church that’s all, if they’ve been married for more than a month traditionally and before they started attending the church then they should explain to the Pastor. And their union would be blessed.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by CaptainFM1: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2018
HappyPagan:
Christians and their wahala.

If to say dem ask Mary dis kain question, dem for don abort Jesus...

Lol...They will not even see anything in the test.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by xynerise: 7:51am On Apr 16, 2018
wildernessVoice:

It is not only pregnancy test that the Church emphasis. During Church premarital counseling, from day one to the end emphasis is made not to defile your bed . I know many lied to their marriage counselor but judgment await all liars.

Judgment awaits everyone even the pastor

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by lexy2014: 8:01am On Apr 16, 2018
phemmyfour:
you are wrong.

so all d ladies that have worn white gown in church are virgins?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by BIXYBABE: 8:03am On Apr 16, 2018
which kind problem is dis..........if your wife is not pregnant show d result........very easy unless odawise
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Heavance(m): 8:18am On Apr 16, 2018
jnrbayano:
You said they are married traditionally baa? That means their parents both consented? Brideprice paid and all? Okay.

Who is that Godman asking for pregnancy test? When Jesus attended a Jewish wedding in Cana, who demanded for pregnancy test results that time?
I really tire....
They are married already, the parents have given their blessings, what is the pastor's own for Christ sake?
Nigerian pastors just like oversabi

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by ndcide(m): 8:20am On Apr 16, 2018
Emekus92:
I don't see anything wrong with pregnancy b4 marriage.

All sin na sin. A sin has been committed already, our God is a forgiving Father always ready to accept us when we confess our sins and forsake them.

I don't see y any pastor will chase someone away bcoz of sin against God that simply mean they are claiming to be god .

As Christians, God commands us to reprove unrighteousness.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

When you get born again and start walking with God, you will know and understand these things.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by Elliot2(m): 8:22am On Apr 16, 2018
If you are a fine lady and u are fornicating with a broke married man or guy,then you are just wasting your sin.#be wise!
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by anukulapo: 8:24am On Apr 16, 2018
KushyKush:

Many Nigerian Christian girls no go gree support the scraping... Them don fantacise the white gown effect and the large photo frame that will come out of the event.
Re: Pastor Asked Couple For Pregnancy Test Result Before Wedding Them In Church by somehow: 8:30am On Apr 16, 2018
I blame the couple here. You're already married yet you want to do white wedding again!.

If you must take it to church, then go for "church blessing" or what do they call that thing self?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo's Prophecies For 2018 / Sister Biodun Kumuyi Seen In Heaven / Was Jesus Christ A Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.