Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,275 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? (59254 Views)

Was Jesus Christ A Rich Man With An Accountant? / Was Jesus Christ A Freemanson. / Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of King David? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by nitch(m): 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2011
Please comment elaboraltly and objectively.

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by obowunmi(m): 5:51pm On Jul 20, 2011
get off drugs.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by miftaudeen(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2011
ofcourse he was a muslim cos he preaches d oneness of GOD
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Patsey: 6:33pm On Jul 20, 2011
U WISHED HE WAS. NO ISLAM WASN'T AROUND AT THE TIME OF JESUS.

3 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:28pm On Jul 20, 2011
he was JEW.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by owo2390(m): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2011
Not Really!

According to my personal research, he was neither jewish, muslim, or christian. But he was JUST Jesus Christ. King of Kings.

Plain and and simple. True Story!

lol jk
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by alienvirus: 8:53pm On Jul 20, 2011
Jesus never preached trinity, he preached oneness of God, anyone that preaches oneness of God is a muslim, therefore jesus was a muslim. Gbam!
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by LagosShia: 9:55pm On Jul 20, 2011
if Jesus was not Muslim,then be rest assured that he was neither jewish in faith nor christian.

judaism came after Moses and those who follow it in their clerics and followers rejected Jesus and his message.so in faith,Jesus was no jew.

christianity came after Jesus and he never preached a religion by name or institutionalize any religion.

all those prophets and messengers before Moses were no jews by faith as judaism did not exist before Moses.

so the question is what was the name of their religion when no religion was named for what they taught or attributed to them?

the answer is simple:
all religions were named and made by man.both judaism and christianity only got their names and came into form after the last messengers in whom both lastly believed respectively.judaism came after Moses,the last messenger jews believe in.christianity came after Jesus (the last messenger christians believe in) was no longer around.

only in islam's holy book,the Quran,does humanity hear God says the following words (no other religion can boast of):

Holy Quran 5:3:
This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion AL-ISLAM.

so yes,assuredly i say Jesus was muslim.also,compare all the beliefs in islam and those of christianity,and you will see that christianity is not a product that Jesus manufactured or brought.it came after him through other and many hands.

Holy Quran 41:33:
And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allâh (believes in His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allâh's (Islâmic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I am one of the Muslims."

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by LagosShia: 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allâh and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrâhim (Abraham), Ismâ'il (Ishmael), Ishâque (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob), and to Al-Asbât [the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Mûsa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islâm)." [The Noble Qur'an Al-Baqarah 2:136]

Invite (mankind, O Muhammad SAW) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islâm) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'ân) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided. [The Noble Qur'an An-Nahl 16:125]

Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islâm), enjoining Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islâm has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful. [The Noble Qur'an Al-Imran 3:104]

Say (O Muhammad SAW): "This is my way; I invite unto Allâh (i.e. to the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allâh i.e to the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism) with sure knowledge. And Glorified and Exalted be Allâh (above all that they associate as partners with Him). And I am not of the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh; those who worship others along with Allâh or set up rivals or partners to Allâh)." [The Noble Qur'an Yusuf 12:108]

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:23am On Jul 21, 2011
LagosShia:

if Jesus was not Muslim,then be rest assured that he was neither jewish in faith nor christian.

judaism came after Moses and those who follow it in their clerics and followers rejected Jesus and his message.so in faith,Jesus was no jew.

christianity came after Jesus and he never preached a religion by name or institutionalize any religion.

all those prophets and messengers before Moses were no jews by faith as judaism did not exist before Moses.

so the question is what was the name of their religion when no religion was named for what they taught or attributed to them?

the answer is simple:
all religions were named and made by man.both judaism and christianity only got their names and came into form after the last messengers in whom both lastly believed respectively.judaism came after Moses,the last messenger jews believe in.christianity came after Jesus (the last messenger christians believe in) was no longer around.

only in islam's holy book,the Quran,does humanity hear God says the following words (no other religion can boast of):

This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed My favour unto you, and have chosen for you as religion AL-ISLAM.

so yes,assuredly i say Jesus was muslim.also,compare all the beliefs in islam and those of christianity,and you will see that christianity is not a product that Jesus manufactured or brought.it came after him through other and many hands.

And who is better in speech than he who [says: "My Lord is Allâh (believes in His Oneness)," and then stands straight (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allâh's (Islâmic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds, and says: "I am one of the Muslims."

talk sense nave. Jesus himself said he was the King of Jew, owing to his ""supposed"" descent from the Jewish Kings, Solomon and David. JESUS WAS JEW AND HE WAS BORN AFTER THE BIRTH OF JUDAISM.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by miftaudeen(m): 8:46am On Jul 21, 2011
jesus said, i was sent in other to establish peace(islam) this shows that he was a muslim
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2011
islam is a religion of pieces, not peace. tongue

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by miftaudeen(m): 9:08am On Jul 21, 2011
@pagan,dis thread is meant 4 ahl-kitab(xtain) 2 correct their fraud nt 4 d son of shaytan though u & dem ar brotherhood
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:18am On Jul 21, 2011
^^ nd u r the grandfather of shaytan.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 21, 2011
@OP
That's what your god looks like? Wasn't he a palestianian jew? The guy in your picture looks like a Viking.

Even if I was religious/spiritual, ain't no way in hell I'm worshipping a god whose complexion isnt darker than mine. If you have imaginary friends, they should at least look like you. No?

And if you're a muslim, disregard the above. Your god probably looks like this.

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Rgp92: 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2011
Jesus was a jew

2 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by firebrand: 4:32pm On Jul 21, 2011
Jesus was a Jew. He practiced Judaism while on this earth. Islam is alien to both Judaism and Christianity. The act/art of incorporating the prophets of judaism and christianity (both hebrew in origin) into any other religious book is the greatest religious fraud in the history of man. That is why they promised peace and love, but they are the most violent and haters of all mankind.

2 Likes

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2011
Martian:

@OP
That's what your god looks like? Wasn't he a palestianian jew? The guy in your picture looks like a Viking.

Even if I was religious/spiritual, ain't no way in hell I'm worshipping a god whose complexion isnt darker than mine. If you have imaginary friends, they should at least look like you. No?

And if you're a muslim, disregard the above. Your god probably looks like this.

then you must follow the traditional religion of your tribe because that is the version of the comon universal pantheon of the Gods according to your tribe , i.e. it is a more personalized wayy of worshipping the common Gods and so therefore, in these cases, the Gods (of human form) almost always resemble the tribe that worships them.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by bright007(f): 1:12am On Jul 22, 2011
Replies are really dumb in here*
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Breeze5000: 1:39am On Jul 22, 2011
LagosShia:

the answer is simple:

RELIGION = Man looking for a god. So anything can be god to him including stone, reptile, animal (You can see that a lot in Estern Religion)

BELIEVERS IN CHRIST = aiming to have Personal relationship with God. One on one! So understand the difference. Peace
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by LagosShia: 3:51am On Jul 22, 2011
Definitions of "JEW" from dictionary.com:

Jew   /dʒu/  Show Spelled
[joo]  Show IPA

–noun
1. one of a scattered group of people that traces its descent from the Biblical Hebrews or from postexilic adherents of judaism; Israelite.
2. a person whose religion is Judaism.
3. a subject of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

through ethnicity Jesus was a Jew,but in faith he was no jew but rather he was muslim as all other prophets.

1 Like

Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2011
^^^^

iwat a foolish thing. islam was not even born bak then. muhammads ancestors wer prosperous Pagan Chhiefs and merchants at that time. cheesy cheesy
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by MANCHUKWU: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2011
The quran is a very good book when you need something to wedge open the door or run out of toilet paper. The messiah Christ was from the tribe of Judah. The ishmaelite arabs had a God for every day of the year now they worship the moon god, and a rock in the desert. Its a made up religion born of catholicism used to subjugate the arabs in Israel back then, that why the quran has the book of miriam, and they have the similiar rosary chain with the same number of beads on it.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2011
i use bible to wipe my floor.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by LagosShia: 12:04am On Jul 23, 2011
fools on nairaland who think history is made up of imaginations and hallucinations undecided
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Sweetnecta: 2:40am On Jul 23, 2011
The benefit of Sharia; watch this below. i am not afraid to stand alone if Allah is by my side.

Speaker is Imam Moustafa Zayed.

http://www.thedeenshow.com/

Gold is bad for people. Man cant get rid of the toxins that enter the skin from wearing Gold. woman's monthly helps her get rid of it. and no sex in the period of monthly.

no interest. 2008 in america and indeed in the world is a good example of what evil interest does.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by bright007(f): 6:30am On Jul 23, 2011
*if we are to accept dat jesus ŵăš å muslim,den muslims are hypocrites.This is because u don't follow his instruction.Remember he says'I âm ťĥĕ way z,ťĥĕ truth $ ťĥĕ life.no one comes to ťĥĕ father except through me.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by LagosShia: 11:10pm On Jul 23, 2011
bright007:

*if we are to accept dat jesus ŵăš å muslim,den muslims are hypocrites.This is because u don't follow his instruction.Remember he says'I âm ťĥĕ way z,ťĥĕ truth $ ťĥĕ life.no one comes to ťĥĕ father except through me.

tongue lol tongue
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Sweetnecta: 4:40am On Jul 24, 2011
@Bright007: « #26 on: Yesterday at 06:30:58 AM »
[Quote]*if we are to accept dat jesus ŵăš å muslim,den muslims are hypocrites.This is because u don't follow his instruction.Remember he says'I âm ťĥĕ way z,ťĥĕ truth $ ťĥĕ life.no one comes to ťĥĕ father except through me.[/Quote]what if the quote is a lie on Jesus? are muslims still obliged to follow the liar who lied on Jesus? what Jesus said and did if it is relevant we accept. for example he didn't marry. i know if all of us followed Jesus like that, we world would have been over for man since over 1900 years ago,

We follow Jesus who followed Moses who followed Abraham in obedience to and worship of 1 singular God Almighty Creator. there are no sons or daughters, no mother and no equal or partner or co-God to this Awesome Lord God. He stands Uniquely alone in every respect.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Kunslen(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2011
Islam is a religion that means Submission to Allah alone. It also means Peace. Every Prophet Allah sent is a Muslim because they submitted to the will of Allah and there are evidences, which i will provide if u ask, pointing out that Jesus and other Prophets bowed down, prostrated and performed ablution. I, as a Muslim believes Jesus is the way because the religion he preached was Islam and no other religion will be accepted from a man except islam. HOW I WISH I COULD TALK MORE. PLEASE GO TO WWW.ISLAMCAN.COM FOR MORE INFO.
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by free123: 10:34pm On Jul 24, 2011
Deceived deceivers
Re: Was Jesus Christ A Muslim? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2011
God forbid, Jesus Christ been a Muslim will mean he is subject to the False Prophet Muhammad, when in fact he is the SON of GOD.

Islam is just plain false and wrong, as bad as the catholic religion, same thing, different cloaks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Emmanuel Chukwudi: "Buhari Will Die, Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Released" / People Seen Worshipping As Gospel Music Is Played At A Nightclub In Ikoyi, Lagos / Pastor Victor Wellington's Resignation From RCCG: Church Member, Worker Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.