Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,122 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success (26541 Views)

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? / Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by 0monnak0da: 2:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

Most people will want that you get a life. Else, go and look for your mates and play there
Your mouth will lead your dog into Ogun's path. I can see you do not value your miserable life
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by thegifted: 3:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

Good points bro. However never did I mention they were not plausible definitions of success. My post refers to having a car and paying basic rent
yes I totally understand you. was referring to the lady
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by MaziOmenuko: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
Robert kiyosaki filed for bankruptcy on one of his company
RICH GLOBAL LLC when he was ask to pay $24M to rich global llc chairman
The bankruptcy he filed was a business strategy to him

Yea, right! When a Nigerian scammer does the same thing, it's called yahoo-yahoo, when Roberts does it, it's called business strategy.

Excuse me abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Elxandre(m): 7:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Don't dare mention your lifestyle on Nairaland if you don't want several insecure people to pounce on you. Lol
Happens over and over.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 9:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
dabossman:

While your "advice" may be warm and out of love, the truth is that it was misplaced and a bit myopic. You can't determine what is termed success for others. We all have different goals in life and we all come from different backgrounds. Success can be in stages. And at a point in some peoples lives, owning a car and being able to pay their rent is "success". It doesn't mean they are not aspiring to move to the next level of what they consider success. Money isn't the true measure of success.
Mr.
I never implied that there are no other plausible definitions of success. My post only refered to having a car and flat which are basic things
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2018
Elxandre:
Don't dare mention your lifestyle on Nairaland if you don't want several insecure people to pounce on you. Lol
Happens over and over.
I know, but there was no way I could have passed the message well without doing that. Otherwise people will sing "broke boy broke boy, what does he know "
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 9:21pm On Apr 16, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
go fuc yurself
sad thousandnaire
You have been noticed
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:
I've come to notice a common misconception about many people, especially the ladies and some guys who dont know better and think that owing a car and paying rent for an accommodation are signs of success.
I find it appalling, really appalling. Thankfully, at 23, I bought my first car and moved out of my parents place and a year after, I still totally don't consider myself close to successful. I even feel like there is a lot I am not doing with my life.
I presently work in a top multinational company(outside Africa) and get paid flights and accommodation(even at the moment) in the best hotels in the world, yet I often see it like I have seen it all, and hence, its not true success. I am lucky, like really lucky to experience this at an early age and hence it has helped me understand what matters life.
I have seen so called "big men" loose everything in a flip of a second, I have seen what supposedly rich people go through and I sometimes marvel when I hear phrases like. "He owns a car and affords a 2/3 bedroom flat" so he is successful. Nawa o. My people nawa o.
Flat that one mistake at work or simply low turnovers beyond your control, and there is no difference between you and the guy carrying file on the street looking for job. Or car you have to keep that job to maintain? What about those in business depending on just one main client who they have to kiss their feet to ensure bills are being paid, yet brag. No matter how fine the apartment is, its still a liability to maintain, and you ll be kicked out, along whatever you put in there the moment you stop keeping the landlord quiet.
Also, its even funny how people see car as a luxury. Car is not a luxury. Having a car is just a basic necessity.
Nowadays, I flip through social media, and don't get moved. I just see people faking out their lives, with the temporary illusion of happiness, while I critically thing of the real things that matter. Too many people living hand to mouth, waiting for the next paycheck to maintain that lifestyle. That's not freedom to me. That's not even success

Draw your ears boy and girls.... Having a car with paying for a flat is NOT success. Heck, its not even a luxury.

The AussiePlayboy
Nice one, empty barrels they say make the loudest noise,so dear what are you expecting before? Some would just have little success and nobody would hear word again on Facebook forgetting that their mansion is someone else's trash hole.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2018
dabossman:

I wish I could give you 1,000 likes. The OP who is talking about being one paycheck from being broke hasn't mentioned any other long-term investments or assets he owns. other than having a multinational job. And even that can be taken away at the drop of a hat.

Like many have said, success is relative and varies from different stages of life. If money in your fat bank account or material things are your only benchmark for success, then you know little about what success is.
Calm your blood... The post wasn't about proferring investment ideas. I have my own investments and others I am looking towards which I do not see the need to list here.
My also clearly implied the fact that I could also loose my job.
Feels like people don't even realize when they hate.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by jaychubi: 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:
I've come to notice a common misconception about many people, especially the ladies and some guys who dont know better and think that owing a car and paying rent for an accommodation are signs of success.
I find it appalling, really appalling. Thankfully, at 23, I bought my first car and moved out of my parents place and a year after, I still totally don't consider myself close to successful. I even feel like there is a lot I am not doing with my life.
I presently work in a top multinational company(outside Africa) and get paid flights and accommodation(even at the moment) in the best hotels in the world, yet I often see it like I have seen it all, and hence, its not true success. I am lucky, like really lucky to experience this at an early age and hence it has helped me understand what matters life.
I have seen so called "big men" loose everything in a flip of a second, I have seen what supposedly rich people go through and I sometimes marvel when I hear phrases like. "He owns a car and affords a 2/3 bedroom flat" so he is successful. Nawa o. My people nawa o.
Flat that one mistake at work or simply low turnovers beyond your control, and there is no difference between you and the guy carrying file on the street looking for job. Or car you have to keep that job to maintain? What about those in business depending on just one main client who they have to kiss their feet to ensure bills are being paid, yet brag. No matter how fine the apartment is, its still a liability to maintain, and you ll be kicked out, along whatever you put in there the moment you stop keeping the landlord quiet.
Also, its even funny how people see car as a luxury. Car is not a luxury. Having a car is just a basic necessity.
Nowadays, I flip through social media, and don't get moved. I just see people faking out their lives, with the temporary illusion of happiness, while I critically thing of the real things that matter. Too many people living hand to mouth, waiting for the next paycheck to maintain that lifestyle. That's not freedom to me. That's not even success

Draw your ears boy and girls.... Having a car with paying for a flat is NOT success. Heck, its not even a luxury.

The AussiePlayboy

Success is d ability to meet your goal so it's individual specific. U made no sense to me at all but I had to neglect bc u have a lot of growing up to do @ just 23.

If my goal is to buy a car n I was able to achieve dt then dts success to me, u better receive sense or shut up already
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2018
jaychubi:

Success is d ability to meet your goal so it's individual specific. U made no sense to me at all but I had to neglect bc u have a lot of growing up to do @ just 23.

If my goal is to buy a car n I was able to achieve dt then dts success to me, u better receive sense or shut up already
So buthurt? Pls cry me a river
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Elxandre(m): 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

I know, but there was no way I could have passed the message well without doing that. Otherwise people will sing "broke boy broke boy, what does he know "
I understand.
I tried to think of the write up without your personal story, it didn't add up.

Stop countering people and forget all the beef jare.
Not worth it.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by sweetilicious(f): 10:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
waywardpikin:
Not many people will really understand this.
Am telling you. That's why stuffs like above doesn't move me.When i see guys that brag with some silly things that are not asset,i just nod at their short sightedness.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by jaychubi: 9:46am On Apr 17, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

So buthurt? Pls cry me a river

Lol u still dey chop mama thank ma but a king online continue I kw ur type
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 9:51am On Apr 17, 2018
jaychubi:

Lol u still dey chop mama thank ma but a king online continue I kw ur type
If it makes you sleep well at night
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by litaninja(m): 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2018
AussiePlayboy:
Having a car with paying for a flat is NOT success. Heck, its not even a luxury.

The AussiePlayboy

Having a car and paying for a flat successfully, means that you are doing those things with success.
Everybody will define what success means to them. If you work in a foreign firm, have your place and cars and don't think that is successful, then thats okay by your definition. For someone else, putting a meal on the table for that day is success, and that is also fine.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by dabossman(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

Calm your blood... The post wasn't about proferring investment ideas. I have my own investments and others I am looking towards which I do not see the need to list here.
My also clearly implied the fact that I could also loose my job.
Feels like people don't even realize when they hate.

Hate? Now you are getting ahead of yourself. You don't know me and i don't know you so why would i be hating on you. Hating on a faceless individual on a social media forum. Seriously? Using that word in this discuss only shows your mentality. Hate? For what exactly? Don't make me laugh.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2018
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by dabossman(m): 9:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

Swerve abeg.. You re not forced to comment

And i thought you were here for an open-minded intellectual discussion. But obviously you can't handle divergent views, even when there is no direct attack on your person. Now you've graduated to being unnecessarily touchy and rude. Again, you've confirmed your mentality, and now maturity.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 9:45pm On Apr 17, 2018
dabossman:

And i thought you were here for an open-minded intellectual discussion. But obviously you can't handle divergent views, even when there is no direct attack on your person. Now you've graduated to being unnecessarily touchy and rude. Again, you've confirmed your mentality, and now maturity.
Too many tantrums here... I ve read again. I agree that success has many definitions,
but financially, being able to pay bills from your salary is a trap, one so fragile which could backfire. Infact, the capitalist system of today is very merciless to that regard. Apologies bruh!
Cheers
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by dabossman(m): 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

Too many tantrums here... I ve read again. I agree that success has many definitions,
but financially, being able to pay bills from your salary is a trap, one so fragile which could backfire. Infact, the capitalist system of today is very merciless to that regard. Apologies bruh!
Cheers

No beef bro. I also apologize for anything that might have come off wrong. Yes, no one should get comfortable living on a paycheck. It's always best to have other streams of income, be it a side business or wise investments. You don't have to be a billionaire, but have enough to secure a comfortable future and leave a decent inheritance for the next generation. It isn't always easy but at least make sure to give it your all.

Enjoy your night. Oh, I believe that should be day.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 09, 2018
khiaa:

1. I found this forum on Google in search of information on African people, google sent me here.
2. I'm not loving nairaland, I'm finding it very difficult not to deactivate my account, most of the friends I had deactivated their accounts years ago.
3 Which god are you talking about? I believe in The Most Hugh.

Im finding it hard to stay also. In fact i deactivated once. I joined to learn about my partner's culture and to meet people. But some of the things I have read here especially about AA's and women are disappointing to say the least
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by khiaa(f): 10:19pm On May 09, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Im finding it hard to stay also. In fact i deactivated once. I joined to learn about my partner's culture and to meet people. But some of the things I have read here especially about AA's and women are disappointing to say the least

If you are white they will worship the ground you walk on but if you are AA they have so much undeserving hatred towards you. Someone on nairaland told me to ignore those types because that's the way their parents raised them to be towards whites and AA. They don't know any better, they are just ignorant. Don't give up because there are some beautiful enlightened souls on here. Martin0, Truckpusher, Kingtom, Alezy, luminouz, Fulaman198 come and say hello to hiawathia1981. Check my profile and get to know the people I follow. Alezy, come in here. grin
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Martin0(m): 12:49am On May 10, 2018
khiaa:

If you are white they will worship the ground you walk on but if you are AA they have so much undeserving hatred towards you. Someone on nairaland told me to ignore those types because that's the way their parents raised them to be towards whites and AA. They don't know any better, they are just ignorant. Don't give up because there are some beautiful enlightened souls on here. Martin0, Truckpusher, Kingtom, Alezy, luminouz, Fulaman198 come and say hello to hiawathia1981. Check my profile and get to know the people I follow.

OK khiaa am gonna welcome her tomorrow..

but don't you think she's shy like you!
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Nobody: 3:32am On May 10, 2018
khiaa:

If you are white they will worship the ground you walk on but if you are AA they have so much undeserving hatred towards you. Someone on nairaland told me to ignore those types because that's the way their parents raised them to be towards whites and AA. They don't know any better, they are just ignorant. Don't give up because there are some beautiful enlightened souls on here. Martin0, Truckpusher, Kingtom, Alezy, luminouz, Fulaman198 come and say hello to hiawathia1981. Check my profile and get to know the people I follow.

Thanks for the invite.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by khiaa(f): 6:52am On May 10, 2018
Martin0:

OK khiaa am gonna welcome her tomorrow..

but don't you think she's shy like you!

LMAO grin You think I'm shy?
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by khiaa(f): 6:53am On May 10, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Thanks for the invite.

You are welcome. smiley
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Martin0(m): 6:58am On May 10, 2018
khiaa:

LMAO grin You think I'm shy?

yeah, very well I think!

I don't know about what others ar gonna say, but I say it just to you right here and now..

hey hmmmm am not saying anymore words
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Martin0(m): 7:01am On May 10, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Thanks for the invite.

pretty queen, hiawathia1981grin you welcome.

it Martin, Just me, OK common let dance!dont be shy like khiaa my first queengrin

now you gonna dance to my favorite ladies song (work work work by Rhianna)

how you doing hiawathia1981 am sure everything is good down there with you,how about your man, hope his fine too?
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by khiaa(f): 7:17am On May 10, 2018
Martin0:

yeah, very well I think!

I don't know about what others ar gonna say, but I say it just to you right here and now..

hey hmmmm am not saying anymore words

Why do you think I'm shy? undecided
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Martin0(m): 7:23am On May 10, 2018
khiaa:

Why do you think I'm shy? undecided

OK fine, you played everything on me, pushed me in ,Now I came asked you out but consistently you have ignored..

you know I wouldn't profess more than I have done to you...
.so I felt maybe you might be probably shy to walk in with Martin, especially when his gonna call...
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by khiaa(f): 7:31am On May 10, 2018
Martin0:

OK fine, you played everything on me, pushed me in ,Now I came asked you out but consistently you have ignored..

you know I wouldn't profess more than I have done to you...
.so I felt maybe you might be probably shy to walk in with Martin, especially when his gonna call...

You know you aren't being truthful. It was another man that you wanted to hook me up with, someone who I have never had any contact with. Well, at least you said it was another man. Are you ready to confess now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Mourns Her Husband's Death, Two Months After Their Wedding / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / 'My Pastor Said My Husband Planted A Killer-Charm In My Body' - Nigerian Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.