Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,612 members, 7,955,252 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success (26552 Views)

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? / Is Marriage A Distraction In A Person's Pursuit Of Success? / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2018
GeeString:

Honestly, thought I was the only one to notice this.

The OP did not make this post to advice anyone cuz all he has written up there is hogwash.

This post was created to show off. A small boy in his mid twenties who knows nothing about life and just wants to bed some cheap & desperate ladies, that's all I see here. He is tired of staying in the shadows so he is desperate for attention & wants us to know he is based in Australia.

You can make your point without attaching your 'achievements'. (I quoted that cuz even those nonsense you listed up there as your accomplishments are rubbish to other people.

As someone typed up there, success is relative / subjective.

Many rich men have committed suicide for failure despite having significantly more than others.

OP, GROW UP!!
Don't be wo bitter with hatred friend. Don't be. I come with peace. Whatever you infer is my motive is your own business which I m not responsible for. Your hate runs deep that you clearly ignored where I said I don't feel like "I ve made it". However, I hope you stop hating someday
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2018
Damn... Too much hate on this thread... Someone even said I don't deserve the work. Anyway, its social media so anyone can freely hate and talk sht
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 11:53am On Apr 16, 2018
0monnak0da:
Your family are bitter.Bitterness will never leave them
You are even bad at being bitter.. Cheer your ass up, leave my thread and get a life

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 11:54am On Apr 16, 2018
afroxyz:

Ogbeni, stop being bitter. I get your point. But in all honesty, what he said is the bitter truth. When you are on your death bed and you reflect back on your life, having a car and paying your rent won't put a smile in yourbface. Life is bigger than fulfilling your basic needs. The moment we understand this, then our society would evolve. Look around us. Upon say na we dey find money pass, which has led us to acquire a mass of material things, yet we no reach countries wey value the intangible things of life. That's should be a lesson for us.
Thank you very much bro... You simply helped me put to words what I was trying to say in different ways
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by 0monnak0da: 11:57am On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

You are even bad at being bitter.. Cheer your ass up, leave my thread and get a life
Your thread

You really have made it in life now. You have your very own thread and a car at 23 what more could anyone want out of life
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
blackboy:
so what is it? just there? or a failure? or .. levels dey. if some one cant pay his bills/rent what do you call that.

Or are you trying to say rich and mistakenly used successful.

Cars dey and rent dey but no matter d koko is being able to pay the rent without begging n maintaining the car without begging.

Bro please think smatter than this. This is an evolving capitalistic society and no matter how you want to reason it, that paycheck is conditional on many factors, so many beyond your control. Yes, you are not begging now, but like I said earlier, just a low turnover, and you ll find yourself being forced to beg

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by prechbills1(m): 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
afroxyz:

Ogbeni, stop being bitter. I get your point. But in all honesty, what he said is the bitter truth. When you are on your death bed and you reflect back on your life, having a car and paying your rent won't put a smile in yourbface. Life is bigger than fulfilling your basic needs. The moment we understand this, then our society would evolve. Look around us. Upon say na we dey find money pass, which has led us to acquire a mass of material things, yet we no reach countries wey value the intangible things of life. That's should be a lesson for us.

#fact

3 Likes

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
GeeString:

I'm telling you.

You can make your point without telling me sh!t about you.

Telling me does not make me believe you instead it makes you irritating all of a sudden. It exposes your insecurities.

But what do I know? undecided It may just be another junkie living with his mom typing trash from some sweaty weed bunk around Ajangbadi.
Lol... Thanks to social media, you can spew your hatred, but thanks to real life, you can only eat your words and bite your tongue
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
Fourwinds:
you are a very stupid boy....as much as you stated while car and living in a rented house is not success, you should have give an example(s) of success.... you can't tell there is nothing like success
Hey simp!, why call me stupid to make your point?
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2018
KIDfurniture:
What is this one saying ? Please whatever you have in life and have achieved in life please appreciate God for it ja re - Be thankful and grateful - life is in stages - if you like compare your life with actors and actresses or even your mates out there - your mates out there wants to have what you have - be in your shoes . Please what will you say about the dead oh ? You can’t have it all in this life -
I understand appreciation, trust me, I do, but I m not stupid
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
KIDfurniture:

God bless you my brother- don’t mind the poster of this thread - what stupid message was he trying to pass - he wants people to rebel against who sef ? My brother if you pay your rent and have a car and a job please you re a big man in Nigeria and every better off than many outside Nigeria .

Damn! Like damn! Was tempted to ask for your acct no, so you ll realise there is really nothing there, but I ll pass for other reasons
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
NonFarmPayrol:
Op too young to talk on matters like this

Face your job

If you hit the streets tomorrow . you will wish for the fake "success" you currently enjoy
Thanks Non...
I m fully aware of that, hence I m equiping myself with appropriate risk-control measures
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Fourwinds: 12:10pm On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

Hey simp!, why call me stupid to make your point?
tell me the meaning of success with examples... simple
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by afroxyz: 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2018
0monnak0da:
Your family are bitter.Bitterness will never leave them

From your reply it shows you are a very bitter and frustrated fellow. I feel nothing but pity for you. Unless you forgot this negative and poisonous vibe, you would remain mediocre and empty with your nose on the grindstone. Take it or leave it. Peace

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2018
thegifted:
success is fulfilled purpose, e.g a doctor saving lives, a pilot recording successful flights, a police man taking down criminals, these are things that can be recorded in time as feats. people buy cars everyday but not everyone can save lives.
Good points bro. However never did I mention they were not plausible definitions of success. My post refers to having a car and paying basic rent
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
frankwealth:

Lastly, anybody still working for somebody like you, have no right to talk about riches and financial success because you are a hired labourer being paid...and can be offloaded at anytime. If you want to become a motivational speaker on finance, resign and startup a business and if you succeed after 5yrs, then u can talk about this topic
Lol.. It was just a warm advice
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by 0monnak0da: 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2018
afroxyz:

From your reply it shows you are a very bitter and frustrated fellow. I feel nothing but pity for you. Unless you forgot this negative and poisonous vibe, you would remain mediocre and empty with your nose on the grindstone. Take it or leave it. Peace

Haha biographies is for little children >

You and your family can continue in your bitterness , your problem , not mine
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:19pm On Apr 16, 2018
MILITO12345:
u dont deserve dat work bro..probably sponspored by your rich parents,thats why
you wouldnt say this if you ever started from the scratch
3 better square meal na success
Lol.. Said I don't deserve it. Funny how only those close to me know the work I put in and thankfully, I owe noone an explanation to that regard here
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

you are now changing tune,lol
after getting bashed left right and centre.

Watch your pride man, coz downfall is the result of a boastful lad
Lol... So Threatened, hence he calls me boastful even when my thread is more of an advice from love
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by AussiePlayboy(f): 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2018
0monnak0da:
Your thread

You really have made it in life now. You have your very own thread and a car at 23 what more could anyone want out of life
Most people will want that you get a life. Else, go and look for your mates and play there
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by partnerbiz4: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Neoteny:

Anything you own that has value is an asset
A diff kind--- depreciating asset.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by partnerbiz4: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
Neoteny:

A diff kind--- depreciating asset.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:
I've come to notice a common misconception about many people, especially the ladies and some guys who dont know better and think that owing a car and paying rent for an accommodation are signs of success.
I find it appalling, really appalling. Thankfully, at 23, I bought my first car and moved out of my parents place and a year after, I still totally don't consider myself close to successful. I even feel like there is a lot I am not doing with my life.
I presently work in a top multinational company(outside Africa) and get paid flights and accommodation(even at the moment) in the best hotels in the world, yet I often see it like I have seen it all, and hence, its not true success. I am lucky, like really lucky to experience this at an early age and hence it has helped me understand what matters life.
I have seen so called "big men" loose everything in a flip of a second, I have seen what supposedly rich people go through and I sometimes marvel when I hear phrases like. "He owns a car and affords a 2/3 bedroom flat" so he is successful. Nawa o. My people nawa o.
Flat that one mistake at work or simply low turnovers beyond your control, and there is no difference between you and the guy carrying file on the street looking for job. Or car you have to keep that job to maintain? What about those in business depending on just one main client who they have to kiss their feet to ensure bills are being paid, yet brag. No matter how fine the apartment is, its still a liability to maintain, and you ll be kicked out, along whatever you put in there the moment you stop keeping the landlord quiet.
Also, its even funny how people see car as a luxury. Car is not a luxury. Having a car is just a basic necessity.
Nowadays, I flip through social media, and don't get moved. I just see people faking out their lives, with the temporary illusion of happiness, while I critically thing of the real things that matter. Too many people living hand to mouth, waiting for the next paycheck to maintain that lifestyle. That's not freedom to me. That's not even success

Draw your ears boy and girls.... Having a car with paying for a flat is NOT success. Heck, its not even a luxury.

The AussiePlayboy

What can I say, we live on the blighted side of the world.
Neoteny:

depreciating asset.

1 Like

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Skyfornia(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:
I've come to notice a common misconception about many people, especially the ladies and some guys who dont know better and think that owing a car and paying rent for an accommodation are signs of success.
I find it appalling, really appalling. Thankfully, at 23, I bought my first car and moved out of my parents place and a year after, I still totally don't consider myself close to successful. I even feel like there is a lot I am not doing with my life.
I presently work in a top multinational company(outside Africa) and get paid flights and accommodation(even at the moment) in the best hotels in the world, yet I often see it like I have seen it all, and hence, its not true success. I am lucky, like really lucky to experience this at an early age and hence it has helped me understand what matters life.
I have seen so called "big men" loose everything in a flip of a second, I have seen what supposedly rich people go through and I sometimes marvel when I hear phrases like. "He owns a car and affords a 2/3 bedroom flat" so he is successful. Nawa o. My people nawa o.
Flat that one mistake at work or simply low turnovers beyond your control, and there is no difference between you and the guy carrying file on the street looking for job. Or car you have to keep that job to maintain? What about those in business depending on just one main client who they have to kiss their feet to ensure bills are being paid, yet brag. No matter how fine the apartment is, its still a liability to maintain, and you ll be kicked out, along whatever you put in there the moment you stop keeping the landlord quiet.
Also, its even funny how people see car as a luxury. Car is not a luxury. Having a car is just a basic necessity.
Nowadays, I flip through social media, and don't get moved. I just see people faking out their lives, with the temporary illusion of happiness, while I critically thing of the real things that matter. Too many people living hand to mouth, waiting for the next paycheck to maintain that lifestyle. That's not freedom to me. That's not even success

Draw your ears boy and girls.... Having a car with paying for a flat is NOT success. Heck, its not even a luxury.

The AussiePlayboy

Bro, all I want from you is to become your laundry guy. Don't say no please.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Neoteny(m): 12:43pm On Apr 16, 2018
partnerbiz4:

depreciating asset.

most assets depreciate one way or another.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 16, 2018
Yellowdayzee:
Ok fair enough...

So what is true success?

Honestly I feel there are varying levels of success with different measurements... So to you it might not be but maybe that person worked extremely hard to buy that car or house and for them that is their measure undecided .... Honestly as long as it's not on credit.

True success? Having kick ass adventures and rolling with fine women!
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by HoodBillionaire: 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2018
go fuc yurself
sad thousandnaire
AussiePlayboy:

I owe you no reply. Its a faceless forum, hence you re free to pour out your bitterness this way. Its allowed
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by dabossman(m): 1:40pm On Apr 16, 2018
frankwealth:
You are totally wrong my brother. It is success, but you can say it is not being rich or wealthy.

Success has different levels and faces. When a student passes his or her exams, that's success at that level.

When you are able to secure a job, that's success at that level of life.

If you used to trek around the city and finally got a car, that's success at that level of life.

When you change your car to a bigger or more luxurious one, that's success.

There are many types of success...

But you can say that....owning a car and paying your house rent is not being rich or wealthy, then you have a good point, correct your notion about success.

Lastly, anybody still working for somebody like you, have no right to talk about riches and financial success because you are a hired labourer being paid...and can be offloaded at anytime. If you want to become a motivational speaker on finance, resign and startup a business and if you succeed after 5yrs, then u can talk about this topic

I wish I could give you 1,000 likes. The OP who is talking about being one paycheck from being broke hasn't mentioned any other long-term investments or assets he owns. other than having a multinational job. And even that can be taken away at the drop of a hat.

Like many have said, success is relative and varies from different stages of life. If money in your fat bank account or material things are your only benchmark for success, then you know little about what success is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by dabossman(m): 1:48pm On Apr 16, 2018
AussiePlayboy:

Lol.. It was just a warm advice

While your "advice" may be warm and out of love, the truth is that it was misplaced and a bit myopic. You can't determine what is termed success for others. We all have different goals in life and we all come from different backgrounds. Success can be in stages. And at a point in some peoples lives, owning a car and being able to pay their rent is "success". It doesn't mean they are not aspiring to move to the next level of what they consider success. Money isn't the true measure of success.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by MaziOmenuko: 2:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
Robert kiyosaki is counted among the most successful people of this century.even after testing repeated failures in life he had showed indomitable spirit and has struggled throughout. With his failures and success, Robert kiyosaki has become inspiration for many people around the world

His net worth $85 million
So there's no bankruptcy he filed

success is failures,failures is success

Robert Kiyosaki has that qualities

And that's why he's one of my best mentor on earth

Are you saying that I made up a story about him filling for bankruptcy or that the bankruptcy he filed for was fake? The few seconds it took you to reply me would have been enough for you to do a small Google search on this and be more informed.
Re: Paying Your Rent And Owning A Car Are Not Signs Of Success by Lifeofpolice1(m): 2:15pm On Apr 16, 2018
MaziOmenuko:

Are you saying that I made up a story about him filling for bankruptcy or that the bankruptcy he filed for was fake? The few seconds it took you to reply me would have been enough for you to do a small Google search on this and be more informed.
Robert kiyosaki filed for bankruptcy on one of his company
RICH GLOBAL LLC when he was ask to pay $24M to rich global llc chairman
The bankruptcy he filed was a business strategy to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sex And Your Marriage: Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Writes / What Is That Thing You Don't Pray Your Children Inherits From You? / Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.