Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,888 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. (4240 Views)

The Tecno Thread / Team Tecno Thread. / Is The TECNO Phantom 8 Too Expensive For 128,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Rubiesangel: 11:52am On Apr 22, 2018
Psoulsport:
The brand name is making wave and will keep making wave in the phone industry with their new innovations and technology.

Am looking to get another tecno baby?
a brand that does well and meets consumer expectations would have it's name in the mouth of people and eventually be a house hold name.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Creg7: 5:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
fabulous18:
Tecno trash their so called phantom 8 can not withstands my galaxy note 5 in terms of display camera performance. Whats else
'cos u r using a Galaxy Note 5 doesn't mean u should feel on top of the world.... Those who uses a better phone than that might be here but still admire Tecno products... According to what the OP said..... Give your contributions 'bout TECNO not against... Read well pls
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by HunWI: 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2018
MTK phones don't worth the hike.... Try Mi phones and know the difference
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by psoul12: 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2018
fabulous18:
Tecno trash their so called phantom 8 can not withstands my galaxy note 5 in terms of display camera performance. Whats else

Not true... I use Galaxy Note 5, but since my colleague got her camon x... I started having this feeling to migrate to tecno.

Fast when it comes to processing pages.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by sureinfo: 6:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
pioukul1:
Ha... Tecno dey try oo... Everybody just dey tall about the Camon X.

yeah,the camon x is a superb device indeed, talk less of the x pro
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Failtech: 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Psoulsport(m): 10:38pm On Apr 22, 2018
psoul12:

Not true... I use Galaxy Note 5, but since my colleague got her camon x... I started having this feeling to migrate to tecno.

I concur to this... The camon x is a smart device...

The speed is game...
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Realboygenius(m): 11:16am On Apr 23, 2018
HunWI:
MTK phones don't worth the hike.... Try Mi phones and know the difference

Not all MTK my brother.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Pweetyteey: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2018
Do u know the Camon X comes with a fast charger technology like you have never seen before. With only 10mins of charger, the Camon X allows you to take as many as 1000 photos
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by chicwoman(f): 5:18pm On Apr 23, 2018
Tecno phones are pretty cool
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by psoul12: 7:24am On Apr 24, 2018
Camon X is such a good smartphone you shouldn't delay to get. Its 6" HD screen is particularly good for those who love playing games and watching videos on their phones.

Now, I will show you a cool feature of its default video player. Although I've been a fan of the popular MX Player for a long time now, I immediately fell in love with the default video player when I discovered this feature.

So, what is this feature?

The video player can be reduced to a small floating window of its own. This means two (2) other apps can be open while you're watching a video on the same screen, thanks to the split screen feature of Android 7.0 and above. [/b]Another thing is that you can be watching a video and quickly go and check something in another video, all on the same screen. The following are the steps to do these:

(1) Open the video player and play your video. ([b]see pic 1)

(2) At the top right hand corner of the screen, click the multi window icon shown in the screenshot below. The video will be reduced to a small window. (see pic 2)

(3) Press the home button and open the second app you want to use. (see pic 3)

(4) To open a third app, just go into split screen mode by long-pressing the recents/multitasking button. Press the home button to go and open the third app. Now, three apps are running on your screen, and you can drag the small window of the video player to any part of your screen. (see pic 4)

(5) While watching a video and you need to check something in another one, just reduce the size of the current video, then play the other one. Now you have two videos on your screen. (see pic 5)

(6) To expand/exit a reduced video, click on it and then the expand/exit icon. That's all! (see pic 6)

Isn't this a cool feature?

Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by psoul12: 7:47am On Apr 24, 2018
Pictures 5 and 6 follows

Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by fabulous18(m): 7:48am On Apr 24, 2018
Keep celebrating mediocrity i pray your eye open one day, i was praising this trash call tecno, when i was still so broke, i thank God i can now use a phone for a good year without any problems, that doesn't lost value in twincle of an eye. If am to calculate the money am spending when i was still using tecno products in a year is more than the money been spent on getting a standard phone. I bet you compare your trash camon x pro with note 5 of 2015, both the camera, display performance, build quality, your eye will open. Tecno rep every where
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by fabulous18(m): 7:52am On Apr 24, 2018
In terms of value my phone still worth 70k after a year of usage an i bought it 75k uk used. Tell me which one is value for money. You better received sense.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by tafat: 8:12am On Apr 24, 2018
fabulous18:
In terms of value my phone still worth 70k after a year of usage an i bought it 75k uk used. Tell me which one is value for money. You better received sense.
in terms of value am yet to see any brand that gives you quality at a good price like tecno
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by chicwoman(f): 8:50am On Apr 24, 2018
Maybe your experience is different but I actually like the phones.

Their cameras are quite good. On an average, the phone is generally okay
fabulous18:
That trash tecno cm camera that can't stand my note 5 camera of 2015 you are calling monster here, i think you just started using smartphone. Camera that's is oversaturated that turn everything to red. Trash
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Ejadike(m): 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2018
The Camon X is damn lit.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Ejadike(m): 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2018
Iceman296:
Well, TECNO Have done a lot for Nigerians and need to be well appreciated.
I quite agree with you.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by fabulous18(m): 4:21am On Apr 25, 2018
psoul12:

post the photo of note 5 with yourself first b4 i can chat with you
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by fabulous18(m): 4:23am On Apr 25, 2018
chicwoman:
Maybe your experience is different but I actually like the phones.

Their cameras are quite good. On an average, the phone is generally okay
The exaggeration is too much, nothing is special about all this phone,
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by fabulous18(m): 4:28am On Apr 25, 2018
Tecno cx, cm, x, now x pro within how many year, phone without support, no sure hope for future update, is that phone, phone that devalue within 6month, and we are here celebrating mediocrity.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by fabulous18(m): 4:36am On Apr 25, 2018
Tecno cx, cm, x, now x pro within how many year, phone without support, no sure hope for future update, is that phone, phone that devalue within 6month, even their so called phantom flaship series get no support for just a year. Instead of you guy to complain why not giving support for their old device, why is it that the only way to upgrade is to buy their new device. Why are we here celebrating mediocrity.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by fabulous18(m): 4:51am On Apr 25, 2018
Phantom 6 was my last tecno phone, how on earth will so called flaship will get no update for good six month, let us reason stop praising all this manufacturer, let them correct their mistake first . If you keep praising them they will fail to realize their mistake. Even low end samsung j5 of 2016 still get update till 2018, can't we reason. Why do we keep wasting our insufficient fund on all this substandard products. Don't be surprised b4 the end of this year anothe camon is coming out.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by chicwoman(f): 8:28am On Apr 25, 2018
I remember when they first came into the market. Their phones were labelled Chinco, now tecno cameras can rival IPhones
I've tested it myself
Prichere:
Tecno has done very well. Their phones give us specs that we could have spent a lot more for if we only had to buy the likes of Samsung, Huawei, Apple and others. I'm totally impressed by the New Tecno Camon X Pro -6.0 FHD display, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, Face ID, Fingerprint and more... at almost half the price of phones with similar specs from the popular brands I just mentioned..

https://onlineshoppingkenya.com/tecno-camon-x-pro-specs-review-price/
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by nnaomaog(m): 11:13am On Apr 25, 2018
Please does the camon x comes in red colour?
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Realboygenius(m): 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2018
nnaomaog:
Please does the camon x comes in red colour?

I think it's the Camon X Pro
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by eki2000(m): 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2018
fabulous18:
Phantom 6 was my last tecno phone, how on earth will so called flaship will get no update for good six month, let us reason stop praising all this manufacturer, let them correct their mistake first . If you keep praising them they will fail to realize their mistake. Even low end samsung j5 of 2016 still get update till 2018, can't we reason. Why do we keep wasting our insufficient fund on all this substandard products. Don't be surprised b4 the end of this year anothe camon is coming out.
I was a die-hard fan of Tecno phones, my last phone as of this April was Camon cx. My Phone had a board promblem bcs the engineer i toik my phone to repair with damage the IC on the board si it started draining battery, Ok, i decided to dash it out and get a new phone. I wanted to go for the new camon x, then advised me to go for samsung and that if i could't afford it i could get a gionee, he told me i would see the difference. I dressed up on the 18th of april to buy the camon x, despite the advice i got from my friend. As i entered the phone shop, I just decided to view the gionee stand before I proceed to get my Tecno. Saying the truth, I was pleased by the display of gionee x1s, which was within my budget, so at the end I said I should buy the phone and sell it later to buy the camon x pro when it's out. To be since, I believe that Tecno does not use good hardware in building their phone and the picture quality is not real, neither is the game performance and display real. . If gionee x1s can defeat my former Camon cx on these aspects, i can't return to techno phones. Pls Tecno should work on this.

1 Like

Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by rapthugx(m): 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2018
eki2000:
I was a die-hard fan of Tecno phones, my last phone as of this April was Camon cx. My Phone had a board promblem bcs the engineer i toik my phone to repair with damage the IC on the board si it started draining battery, Ok, i decided to dash it out and get a new phone. I wanted to go for the new camon x, then advised me to go for samsung and that if i could't afford it i could get a gionee, he told me i would see the difference. I dressed up on the 18th of april to buy the camon x, despite the advice i got from my friend. As i entered the phone shop, I just decided to view the gionee stand before I proceed to get my Tecno. Saying the truth, I was pleased by the display of gionee x1s, which was within my budget, so at the end I said I should buy the phone and sell it later to buy the camon x pro when it's out. To be since, I believe that Tecno does not use good hardware in building their phone and the picture quality is not real, neither is the game performance and display real. . If gionee x1s can defeat my former Camon cx on these aspects, i can't return to techno phones. Pls Tecno should work on this.

How is the gionee x1s? Saving money to buy the 3g/32g variant
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by eki2000(m): 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2018
rapthugx:

How is the gionee x1s? Saving money to buy the 3g/32g variant
Gionee x1s isonly 3 gig ram and that's what I bought. The display is good, colours are deep and natural and digital. I play any game I wish without small hangings here and there. Good mid-range phone.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by rapthugx(m): 11:15am On Apr 26, 2018
eki2000:
Gionee x1s isonly 3 gig ram and that's what I bought. The display is good, colours are deep and natural and digital. I play any game I wish without small hangings here and there. Good mid-range phone.

Thanks so much.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Ejadike(m): 12:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
chicwoman:
Tecno phones are pretty cool
I think they tend to add more enticing features on every new device they launch.
Re: The Tecno Thread; We Need A Healthy Dose Of Realism. by Behankey(m): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2018
omoalajah:
Not selling yet, only pre order
The X is already in stores for 58,900

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mtn Pulse Instabinge - How To Get 1gb For N200 On Mtn / Aliexpress Vs Jumia... U Need To See This Asap / How 2 stop CREDIT deduction & put ON ur DATA 24hrs gladly n ur ANDRIOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.