Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu (9561 Views)

Why Is Aisha Buhari Not Campaigning Ahead Of The 2019 Elections? / PDP Worried About Buhari Not Campaigning / Jimi Agbaje Explains Why He Is Not Campaigning Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by 12Ebisco: 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2018
Former governor of Abia state and chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress,APC, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu, has debunked claims that his corruption case at the court has thawed since he started campaigning for President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election,

Kalu, pointed out that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, is vigorously prosecuting the case.

In a right of reply to an article where former presidential spokesman, Segun Adeniyi, allegedly accused him of “gallivanting” all over the country for Buhari because there is an “anti-corruption” case against him, the APC stalwart asserted that he has never asked anyone to intervene on his behalf in the matter before the Federal High Court in Lagos.

Recall that the EFCC had last month through its counsel in the corruption case of about N3bn, Mr Rotimi Jacobs, told the court that it was not deliberately delaying the trial, stating that, “The case was filed since 2007 and the defendants challenged the jurisdiction of the court up until 2015, before the Supreme Court made a final pronouncement on the issue. I cannot be forced to close my case because we need to bring the facts before the court”.

Kalu, in the article published Monday on Daily Sun, maintained that he has no apologies for campaigning for Buhari’s re-election, stating that it is what he believes in and it is his inalienable right to hold and express an opinion or belief. “I believe that Buhari’s re-election in 2019 will pave way for president of Igbo extraction in 2023!” he said.

Part of the essay reads, “How can a man who has been in court for 11 years, and whose case is still being vigorously prosecuted and a robust defence rising up to the challenge, be said to be doing what he is doing because of alleged corruption charges?

“The truth is, I have never intervened nor asked anyone to intervene on my behalf in the judicial process. I remain a firm believer in the rule of law and would rather the judicial process was fully exhausted in this matter. I am convinced I haven’t stolen a dime while I was in government. I believe many people, including Segun, know that I am being persecuted for my principled and dogged stance against former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s evil third term agenda.

“On my ongoing matter with the EFCC, that matter is still being prosecuted and it would be sub judice to speak extensively on it. However, I would like to state that, in criminal jurisprudence, cases must be proved beyond reasonable doubt to achieve conviction. Until that is achieved, I remain a bona fide free citizen of Nigeria and as such free to enjoy my right of association, right to free movement and right to hold opinion, no matter how contrary.

“I have also not interfered with the on-going trial and at no point has my trial been adjourned because I was not available in court. If you check the records of court, I have always been present to face trial. I even had to cut short my business trips to be in court. So, to make insinuations, like Segun did, is akin to attempting to force the hand of court. It also represents an effort to blackmail me to silence.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/im-not-campaigning-for-buhari-to-win.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Mynd44: 6:56pm On Apr 16, 2018
I totally believe him

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Lincoln275(m): 6:57pm On Apr 16, 2018
ok
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by naijawho: 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2018
Let’s see how Nigerians hate or love Buhari

Like if u Hate BUHARI
Share if u Love BUHARI

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2018
Myndd44 Nawao u dey game too?
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Fadiga24(m): 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2018
Mynd44:
I totally believe him

His argument is compelling grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by justmenoni: 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by mrkhalid(m): 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2018
Buhari till 2023, wailers can go nd die

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by maberry(m): 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
We have heard you
Your point would put to proper use

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Yes we know... U're campaigning for him becuz u are a deluded slowpoke who thinks he will one day lead Nigeria grin

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Ricky97(m): 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Mumu.....then what are you doing?
Foisting a colossal failure on us

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by ipobarecriminals: 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
sad ok.Continue with ur campaign. Bubu till 2023.Jhews to take ova from him
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by maberry(m): 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2018
Mynd44:
I totally believe him
Of course
I expected nothing less

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by romme2u: 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
sad

akuko

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
grin eleribu

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by AngelicBeing: 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2018
Shut the fvck, useless politicians feeding fat while the masses are suffering, return your loot or else you will go to jail, nonsense grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by teemanbastos(m): 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
Lies embedded in Deceits,
Nigerian politicians and their words are as untrustworthy as they are.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by xxxangel(m): 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
The thunder that will fire dey labour room... .look at you
nigerians are senseless abi, support buhari and your crimes and dirty deals are forgiven

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by AngelicBeing: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
Mynd44:
I totally believe him
Hian grin

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
futprintz:
Yes we know... U're campaigning for him becuz u are a deluded slowpoke who thinks he will one day lead Nigeria grin
I called him a 'slowpoke'! not' slowpoke' angry
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by omocalabar(m): 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
no need to explain ursef....u re doing a good job so far.,..how long will u keep running?
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
futprintz:
I called him a 'slowpoke'! not' slowpoke' angry
slowpoke sad
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by drinkgarri: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2018
No rule of law.there is no fight against corruption but fight against perceived enemies

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by debaj10: 7:04pm On Apr 16, 2018
Mynd44:
I totally believe him
lol
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by slimghost(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
Sure, we know. Idiot!!!!
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by ogunnoikitaiwo(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
plss let try ds man in 2019 nd u igbo 2023..d 2nd term w tell us.bcus i still believed in ds man nd apc...in all state apc gov. try to developed there state..

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by kendrick93(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
Facebook acct of 8yrs for sale at cheap price.
contact me @07016035185
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by DWJOBScom(m): 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
indicting yourself without being asked

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
What would anyone expect him to say before.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2018
futprintz:
I called him M. O. R. O. N! angry

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by XaviDayo(m): 7:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
Then what are you doing? Tell us.
Re: I’m Not Campaigning For Buhari To Win Favour Over Corruption Case – Orji Kalu by debaj10: 7:07pm On Apr 16, 2018
mrkhalid:
Buhari till 2023, wailers can go nd die
to b sure.
coret guy.
let me paraphrase for you:
all those 10million Nigerians who lost their jobs last year can...
complete it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Tinubu Needs Our Prayers", Senator Ekwunife Tells Church / Heavy Shooting Scares Voters Away In Ebonyi / We Have 400 Witnesses Willing To Testify Against President – PDP Tells Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.