Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,878 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets (31369 Views)

Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Lagos (Photo) / Nigerian Guy Shares Video Of Men Committing Suicide In China After Losing Bets. / HIV Positive Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by lejncoyvgfs: 3:47am On Apr 17, 2018
Eagles launching TE Brent Celek, his or her's longest-tenured professional

Tight final Brent Celek, typically the longest-tenured member of typically the Philadelphia Eagles, was already released by your organization concerning Monday in any progress which may clear numerous much-needed salary-cap spot. Celek tried 11 gardening seasons through Philadelphia not to mention was basically treasured for the purpose of your partner's ruggedness not to mention blue-collar way to the effort -- elements with the help of that your provider likes to turn out to be accurately regarded. The guy poor one specific regular-season performance in your partner's instance aided by the Eagles, nigel bradham jersey and that also was basically considering that the guy wasn't able to forward concussion standard protocol even on a little month through 2012.

"Brent Celek specifies whatever this in essence means a Philadelphia Eagle, inches nfl jerseys typically the organization believed in any survey. "His motivation towards your partner's discipline that provider might be unequaled not to mention she will decline as one of the preferred tightly held ends in franchise's back ground. Brent embodied the neighborhood from Philadelphia's character not to mention dynamics together with his ruggedness not to mention determination. The guy has become a vast an important part of all kinds of things we have been generating throughout the last era, jordan hicks jersey and is particularly basically suitable which he surely could guidance you and me triumph a lot of our to begin with Seriously Can keep going summer. "Unfortunately, through this industry we've been caused to help with making complex judgments, certainly this period of this time. Gas 4 free : is as troublesome like they can be purchased, exploiting a lot of our big eyes, Brent have invariably been a particular Eagle. chuck bednarik jersey "Fellow Eagles tightly held final Zach Ertz only took towards Bebo towards say thanks to you Celek for taking your man according to your partner's wing.

Celek had some 2018 level request from $5 k. Typically the Eagles, lane johnson jersey on the subject of $9 k during the level keying in when real, are generally attempting to buy their expenses because it helps previously the start of typically the league time concerning Thursday. They even restructured best suited attend to Lane Johnson's price in any progress who has saved me these products a second $7. 5 k. Celek busted 398 hands for the purpose of check out, 998 back yards not to mention 31 touchdowns finished your partner's livelihood aided by the Eagles. The guy rating finally through organization back ground with the help of 175 adventures tried, right behind Chris are friends . Akers (188), jason peters jersey Brian Dawkins (183) not to mention Harold Carmichael (180). Celek typed typically the league through 2007, in accordance with your partner's launching, Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux is right now typically the longest-tenured Philadelphia athlete, using developed your partner's debut through '08 brandon brooks jersey. .
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by tete7000(m): 4:24am On Apr 17, 2018
6660M0666:
The number one rule of betting:

Never stake what you're not ready to lose.

Why bet at all? I think number one rule should be stay away from what is beyond you. You are human, don't operate in the realm of the gods. Only God can certainly predict the outcome of future events.

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by tete7000(m): 4:37am On Apr 17, 2018
abatically:
And some people will be shouting ban bbn ban bbn as if that's the cause of our problems, but they won't see anything wrong in football lol. Before anyone quote me wrong, I love football and haven't missed watching my team play for many years now. But if someone can be asking 'what does bbn teach us' then he should aslo be asking what has football taught us. At least bbn has never led to anyone dying, but we have seen many people commit suicide because of football. Yes, betting has become so popular in Nigeria because of football, this same betting has led to many deaths.

You own problem na bbn? BBN kills, it introduces immorality into lives of gullible watchers. It sells those immoral values and make them look good. It deceives young gullible watchers and make them think that having an online tv sex is the way to happiness. It tells them bambam had it, they can also have it. It sells lies to them and send them on a path to lifetime of sorrow and pain.Of course it won't kill immediately, it does so over a period of time like addiction to betting does. By the way, football didn't kill the man his penchant for betting did. One can watch football without betting, and betting can be done on things as flimsy as who will win the big brother naija.

3 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Kingsley1000(m): 5:02am On Apr 17, 2018
LOLmumu man united wasted my 10k for bet9ja
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 17, 2018
I have played 30 odds it cut, played 10 it still cut brought it down to 2 that one worse cos even u win u won't feel it. Went down to 1.5 it still cut, later accumulated 1.20 that one no pass 3 days.. 1.10 over 0.5 goal accumulation still cut 4th day.

So in conclusion betting is never a sure banker. Never trust any team to deliver.
They are not still sure about themselves too. Also i have learnt to have fun with bets and also never belive betting will one day bemy career or job. It just a means

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Bianda24: 5:48am On Apr 17, 2018
6660M0666:
The number one rule of betting:

Never stake what you're not ready to lose.

Nice one, I am a punter but I don't stake what I can't let go.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Galaticos444: 6:26am On Apr 17, 2018
Roma chapter 3 verse 0 says "dont underestimate d strength of d roma empire"
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Seun360(m): 6:34am On Apr 17, 2018
make this one come do wetin?

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by newoffer: 6:37am On Apr 17, 2018
Playing bets with your emotions is fvcking bad.
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by AmiableJay(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2018
PMWSpirit:
My question- can the other guy who won the bet be charged with second degree murder hence gambling is illegal, which in turn caused psychological trauma leading to the death of a man ??
Just wondering tho
LOL. One of the elements of a charge of murder is intention or mens rea. I don't think the Prosecution will succeed in establishing murder. The Criminal Code never contemplates 'infliction' of psychological trauma or any abstract injury as a definition for murder or cause of death. The only relevance psychology has in homicide is provocation which merely reduces liability to manslaughter. Can we say the man the man was provoked to commit suicide? If there was indeed any provocation, the culpable person here would be the person so provoked, that is the deceased. So there is no case against anybody here. Though I think his friend will continue to carry a social stigma and moral guilt for the rest of his life
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2018
Olalan:
Hmmm, so sad when individuals loose their possessions to bets. Really the govt. has a lot to do in partnership with religious and traditional bodies to reduce the rate of bets and drug abuse amongst the youths these days.
anticipate Nigerians to say things like gov did not give us jobs but they are trying to stop our hustle. those who are smart will avoid this shit because in gambling only one thing is sure, THE HOUSE ALWAYS WINS
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by showboy25(m): 7:20am On Apr 17, 2018
dre11:

http://thenationonlineng.net/man-25-commit-suicide-over-football-betting/

I saw him when is coming from ball house. not knowing is going to killed him self. the guy na my neighbor, it's happened for OSERE odo -efo Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by XingXhang(m): 7:41am On Apr 17, 2018
Someone died for trusting in Messi.

Someone got a job for hating on Messi.

CR7 forever.
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by kereman1: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2018
Awoofawo:
Olodo.....wey no sabi read......you no hear say na you bro from Alaigbo the dead guy be so... Oponu radarada!

Olube
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by kereman1: 8:19am On Apr 17, 2018
sonofthunder:
An eyewitness who said not many people was aware of the incident disclosed that the development devastated the deceased’s Igbo kinsmen in the area who lamented the action of the man. #saynototribalism.
#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM is that one a movement, goan tell it to Buhari first
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by kereman1: 8:26am On Apr 17, 2018
Awoofawo:
Olodo.....wey no sabi read......you no hear say na you bro from Alaigbo the dead guy be so... Oponu radarada!

Òlòbé
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by bammy777(m): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2018
PMWSpirit:
My question- can the other guy who won the bet be charged with second degree murder hence gambling is illegal, which in turn caused psychological trauma leading to the death of a man ??
Just wondering tho
murder kor, father ni. Mayb e forced the other party to gamble. Do u kw it's even a crime to commit suicide. gerraout

1 Like

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by sonofthunder: 9:30am On Apr 17, 2018
kereman1:

#SAYNOTOTRIBALISM is that one a movement, goan tell it to Buhari first
no but tribalism and bigotry shows you didn't read and/or comprehend the op.
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by iammolise(m): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2018
No amount of depression should result to suicide, suicide is a reckless and foolish way out of depression... If u ask me I would say it's not the frustration from the lose of the bet, neither is it the debt he's owing that triggered this... He killed himself, perhaps he has always wanted to die for no reason undecided
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by iammolise(m): 10:41am On Apr 17, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
I have played 30 odds it cut, played 10 it still cut brought it down to 2 that one worse cos even u win u won't feel it. Went down to 1.5 it still cut, later accumulated 1.20 that one no pass 3 days.. 1.10 over 0.5 goal accumulation still cut 4th day.

So in conclusion betting is never a sure banker. Never trust any team to deliver.
They are not still sure about themselves too. Also i have learnt to have fun with bets and also never belive betting will one day bemy career or job. It just a means

Exactly bro... U and I are on the same page on that one... For over 2 months now I haven't won a dime, and my lose is running up to 20k already, it's quite provoking but "suicide" undecided haba!!! That's too weak lipsrsealed

Betters need to really learn this, maybe bet9ja and the others really need to add this in their disclaimers...
"Pls do not stake what u can't let go... Bet9ja will no be liable blah blah blah"

2 Likes

Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by yomihinmikaiye(m): 10:45am On Apr 17, 2018
Use to think bet was trash till I saw this. B921EWCARWEQWZ-2581000 everything in life is all about luck and grace. I pray for such oooooo Baba God
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by kereman1: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2018
sonofthunder:

no but tribalism and bigotry shows you didn't read and/or comprehend the op.

Goan chop ewedu and amala.

Òlòbe (draw soup)
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by Awoofawo(m): 12:41pm On Apr 17, 2018
chijokz:

Good thought and also where the deceased family can sue the winner and the betting company..but not applicable in Naija.
Nonsense talk, the winner put gun for the deceased head to staked him Okada abi....na greed and foolishness kill the stupid fowl! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Ilorin For Losing Bets by sonofthunder: 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2018
kereman1:

Goan chop ewedu and amala.
Òlòbe (draw soup)
it wouldn't hurt you to own up a mistake and become a better person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Youths Destroy Shrine Where Names, Destinies Of People Were Tied (Video) / 10-Year-Old Armed Robber Arrested In Bayelsa, Confesses (Photo) / 81-Year-Old Man Murdered In His Farm In Delta (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.