Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,763 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency (13608 Views)

US Gives Nigeria Government Evidence On How Bagudu Stole Billions Under Abacha / Kogi Borrowed Billions From Banks Despite Paris Club Refund & Bailouts (Photos) / How 55 Officials Stole N1.3trn In 11 Years – Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by deebsman1(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2018
Quality20:
NEMA should be scrapped ,let d presidency and state governors take over d responsibility
Another avenue for bigger stealings

I think we just need to study and learn how things are done in saner climes and implement it over here, that's the only way out.
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by CHARLOE(m): 10:52am On Apr 17, 2018
Quality20:
NEMA should be scrapped ,let d presidency and state governors take over d responsibility
NEMA shld be contracted to a private company to Manage, just like ambode did with LASEMA. He created LASEMA Response unit (LRU) n contracted it to a private firm (AMS) to manage, n we can see d result.
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by plaetton: 11:33am On Apr 17, 2018
jimrog:

See this one o. Even in ur so called real country, having a huge money in ur acct is enough to make u a suspect of corruption. especially when u can't defend how u are able to earn it..why do u think banks suspend accts receiving deposits more than they use to receive..
This is very very stuuuupid.
There is no civilized country in the world where have certain sum of money in one's account is evidence of corruption. Only in this dark age zoo you call a country.

How do you go into people's account to fish for evidence of corruption.
There is a common sense and laid down process for investigating crimes, any crime.
Publishing how much people have in their bank accounts in the newspapers as evidence of corruption is the stuuuupidest, uncivilized and counterproductive means of fighting a real war against corruption.
Now, tell me. Which of the named suspects have actually been arrested and charged with a crime ?
ZERO.

You don't fight corruption on the pages of newspapers, unless of course, you're merely feeding your Zombies.
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by semyman: 11:33am On Apr 17, 2018
all within 18 months, i.e., between January 2014 and June 2015. “This almost averages out at $10,000 per month. OBJ and any one that brought about GEJ will all ... in ....
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by jimrog: 12:18pm On Apr 17, 2018
plaetton:

This is very very stuuuupid.
There is no civilized country in the world where have certain sum of money in one's account is evidence of corruption. Only in this dark age zoo you call a country.

How do you go into people's account to fish for evidence of corruption.
There is a common sense and laid down process for investigating crimes, any crime.
Publishing how much people have in their bank accounts in the newspapers as evidence of corruption is the stuuuupidest, uncivilized and counterproductive means of fighting a real war against corruption.
Now, tell me. Which of the named suspects have actually been arrested and charged with a crime ?
ZERO.

You don't fight corruption on the pages of newspapers, unless of course, you're merely feeding your Zombies.

Are u that lazy to read those parts where they said suspicious deposits were made into those accts and where it was said they were operating several accounts in different banks. Or u just see the need to defend corruption. Do u want to deny the fact that our civil service is filled with corrupt ppl...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by arsenal33: 12:22pm On Apr 17, 2018
bedspread:
Am not SUPRISED..... THE GOVERNMENT OF THE DAY IS A SCANDALOUS GOVERNMENT....
High and Wicked rate of Embezzlings in High n Low places

Mumu

it is this govt that is exposing them, including the snake and budget padders!
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by plaetton: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2018
jimrog:

Are u that lazy to read those parts where they said suspicious deposits were made into those accts and where it was said they were operating several accounts in different banks. Or u just see the need to defend corruption. Do u want to deny the fact that our civil service is filled with corrupt ppl...
What the fk is a suspicious deposit ?
In that case, every deposit I make into my account should also be deemed suspicious . And what is wrong with having several accounts with several banks ? Most people do.
Is that also a crime ?

You should use your common sense to ask what ACTUAL Crime has been established against the named officials thus far ? Zero.
Just useless innuendos.

Anytime large sums of money are mentioned, poor Zombies go on a fit.
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by jimrog: 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
plaetton:

What the fk is a suspicious deposit ?
In that case, every deposit I make into my account should also be deemed suspicious . And what is wrong with having several accounts with several banks ? Most people do.
Is that also a crime ?

You should use your common sense to ask what ACTUAL Crime has been established against the named officials thus far ? Zero.
Just useless innuendos.

Anytime large sums of money are mentioned, poor Zombies go on a fit.

Go form ur Biafra and let ppl move money as they like or port to another country if u are not comfortable with the antigraft war going on in Nigeria..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by tiger28: 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
Paperwhite:
Lawal Babachir did his own but of course it was swept under the carpet as is the case with all official corruption in this government. undecided
Hence NEMA surbodinates decided to try their luck too. Meanwhile wither is Buhari's body odour Guess their names will automatically be on Lai's next looters list
This COMMENT is what is killing Nigeria TODAY. Does your defense make these above stated criminals innocent I am so glad that the criminal names comprise of all ethnicities. If not,we would have been hearing "marginalization "!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by ashjay001(m): 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2018
sankky:

He who does not know and does not know that he does not know is called a what? Answer it!
Ask lawyers why previous govts that u are demonizing where able to secure convictions while ur almighty Buhari regime can hardly convict any accused. We are not all dumb like u.
U don't secure court convictions thru falsified evidences and media trials. The law has clear steps and procedures u must follow in order to prove ur case. Falsehoods and media trials is surely not one of them and when u bring such to the court , u will be embarrassed by the outcome. Ok? U can't secure convictions against me simply because I oppose ur views or because u hate me. U must prove it.
Why are all the judges in Dasukis case resigning one after the other. Oya, tell us, Mr Know It All

Apart from Bode George(Obj took it personal) , mention any high profile person, that has been jailed due to corruption?

The onus, is on d accused to explain where the excess funds came from, but not in Nigeria n Nigerian courts. Mostly, if u can't explain it, u loose it to govt coffers, everywhere else in d enlightened world.

Dasuki collected funds that can't be accounted for. Until we access d nitty-gritty, we will all continue to wonder why they're all d judges are sitting out.

A judiciary, insisting on protecting corrupt judges, by throwing their corruption cases out of court, until they're brought before an ineffective NJC, is who u expect to jail political exposed theives? Handset theives are jailed without any witness present, yet u set free people, with unexplained huge amount of funds in their personal accts And, u're here claiming intelligence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by plaetton: 1:03pm On Apr 17, 2018
jimrog:

Go form ur Biafra and let ppl move money as they like or port to another country if u are not comfortable with the antigraft war going on in Nigeria..

Idiott, how did Biafra come into this discourse ?
Are you that daft that you cannot use your brain to make a simple argument or defence of the government's actions with getting irrationally tribalistic ?

There is something called Due Process.
Google it , in case you have never heard of it.
And m.or.on, let me remind you that it is strong institutions firmly anchored on DUE PROCESS that strong nations are built upon.
If you had an iota of common sense, you would know that it is okay to support the government and still maintain a critical posture on their means and methods.
This is the reason people like you zombies. Your lobotomized brain is a one-way traffic, incapable of rational appraisal of anything thrown at you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by globexpo: 2:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
This guys are better handled as common thieves/criminals and not a corruption case. Imagine all the emergency situations and their uncoordinated/ lack of responses .
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by Blue3k(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2018
Hopefully the throw these guys in prison.
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by jimrog: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
plaetton:

Idiott, how did Biafra come into this discourse ?
Are you that daft that you cannot use your brain to make a simple argument or defence of the government's actions with getting irrationally tribalistic ?

There is something called Due Process.
Google it , in case you have never heard of it.
And m.or.on, let me remind you that it is strong institutions firmly anchored on DUE PROCESS that strong nations are built upon.
If you had an iota of common sense, you would know that it is okay to support the government and still maintain a critical posture on their means and methods.
This is the reason people like you zombies. Your lobotomized brain is a one-way traffic, incapable of rational appraisal of anything thrown at you.

Oga u are saying trash and I notice u can't be reasoned with hence the reason I told u to port or form ur own Biafra. I repeat if u have any problem with the antigraft war going on, port to another country. U were asking me what they meant by suspicious deposits, why not forward ur inquiry to the efcc and ask them if u are confused abt that...u think they will be suspended without proper look into the matter? I'm done with u...nonsense..
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by wencesolo(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2018
Where is the maina gate ?
Cornerstone2020:
Corruption is entrenched in our corporate organizations
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by yaki84: 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2018
jnfoage:
Yes, these are the main reasons they keep shouting "back to daura". Stealing, stealing and more stealing while the fools whose properties are being stolen keep cheering them up in consonance. With this type of mentality, I doubt if we can ever get anywhere.
what stops buhari from being the efcc chairman n leave presidency to a vibrant person with sound brains?
Infact he should be d chairman of both efcc n icpc, his prowess r needed there.
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by sankky: 6:12pm On Apr 17, 2018
please get ur facts right sir so u dont misinform the dumb readers here.
The onus lies on the accuser and not the accused ok? Thats what the law says. When u accuse me of something, the onus lies on u to prove ur accusations and not on me. So if this govt raises any accusations against anyone, the onus lies on them to show evidence which they have consistently failed in every case. Thats why they bring the accusations to the media where they know that most readers are too dumb to ask intelligent questions unlike in a court.
U are not a lawyer, so dont expose ur stark ignorance on what u know nothing about.
And about Obj, am sure aside Bode george, there was nothing like Tafa balogun former IG [N10b police scam] etc

ashjay001:

Apart from Bode George(Obj took it personal) , mention any high profile person, that has been jailed due to corruption?

The onus, is on d accused to explain where the excess funds came from, but not in Nigeria n Nigerian courts. Mostly, if u can't explain it, u loose it to govt coffers, everywhere else in d enlightened world.

Dasuki collected funds that can't be accounted for. Until we access d nitty-gritty, we will all continue to wonder why they're all d judges are sitting out.

A judiciary, insisting on protecting corrupt judges, by throwing their corruption cases out of court, until they're brought before an ineffective NJC, is who u expect to jail political exposed theives? Handset theives are jailed without any witness present, yet u set free people, with unexplained huge amount of funds in their personal accts And, u're here claiming intelligence?
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by ashjay001(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2018
sankky:
please get ur facts right sir so u dont misinform the dumb readers here.
The onus lies on the accuser and not the accused ok? Thats what the law says. When u accuse me of something, the onus lies on u to prove ur accusations and not on me. So if this govt raises any accusations against anyone, the onus lies on them to show evidence which they have consistently failed in every case. Thats why they bring the accusations to the media where they know that most readers are too dumb to ask intelligent questions unlike in a court.
U are not a lawyer, so dont expose ur stark ignorance on what u know nothing about.
And about Obj, am sure aside Bode george, there was nothing like Tafa balogun former IG [N10b police scam] etc

I, actually, expected u to reel out names of prominent pple jailed for corruption, up to d last administration.

http://www.mondaq.com/Nigeria/x/490434/White+Collar+Crime+Fraud/The+AntiCorruption+Legal+Framework+And+Its+Effect

https://lawpadi.com/5-laws-corruption-nigeria/

As if lawyers have two heads, or read inaccessible documents!

The white man, that brought in these laws, as we know them, have evolved and eliminated most of ds loopholes. U really need to read up n wide, see how supreme courts, use their discretion n moral standing, to pass judgements , that have a human face.
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by mikolo80: 11:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
rusher14:
Black man truly has an inherent and inordinate need to steal and acquire.
no
we just celebrate and encourage thieves more thaan other races
Re: 7 Officials Stole Billions From NEMA – Presidency by bedspread: 2:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
arsenal33:

Mumu

it is this govt that is exposing them, including the snake and budget padders!
fufu.. keep Decieving ur self.... keep Turning a Blind eye. Its URSELF you are doing!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“I remain a member of APC” Sen Tejuoso denounces reports stating he joined PDP / Documents Reveal Husband Of Abidemi Rufai’s Surety Was Once Indicted For Fraud / Ohanaeze Secretary To Tinubu: Shelve Your Presidential Bid To Preserve Nigeria’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.