Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,952 members, 7,817,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness (46365 Views)

I Have Bsc In Wildlife Can I Further My Masters In Psychology In The UK / UNILAG Medical Students Slept Outside In School Due To Power Outage / Studying Psychology In Nigeria: What Are The Pros And Cons? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Jung(m): 3:20pm On Apr 19, 2018
Would very much like to know what your dissertation for your PhD covered.. could you kindly share with me? lmao

suremanpatriot:
Whether Psychiatry or Psychology is your life,you do your time with course that makes you happy.
Remember your mum has done her time in her youthful days.
I don't know where ya mum got tht myth from. Me o! Am an accomplished PhD holder in Psychology and still in possession of my faculties for years of practice. grin
To solve this problem jst use small psychology on mummy,tell her you hav heard but follow your mind and graduate my boy! grin
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by isalegan2: 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2018
CapitanS:
Philosophy is more likely to induce madness than psychology

The STUDY of Philosophy, yes. But statistics (in USA) show that the highest number of professionals under the care of psychiatrists/therapists are other psychiatrists! I put psychologists in that group. I have personally had an encounter with a female psycholosist who was wildly out of her mind - an experience I never wish to have again- who in her lucid moments would recount how she took an interest in studying schizophrenics while a young woman in her native country. Honestly I'd rather not even remember this story. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by mediclife1987(m): 4:27pm On Apr 24, 2018
Newsprex:
Am an undergraduate in the University of Ibadan. I study Psychology as my course but my mum won't just allow me read the course in peace. She keeps telling and frustrating me that Psychology is the study of MADNESS.

The more people keeps discouraging her about the bad side of the course, the more she keeps discouraging and frustrating me to rewrite JAMB and choose another course. Meanwhile, she can't read nor write. She has a very strange mentality that can't be changed even if you advice her till 100 years to come.

Please, what should I do? Should I quit or just continue my stuff?

She wants you to be continually held under the delusion that the spiritual controls everything.

Psychologist successfully debunk these mythology and help ppl see the light.

Where there's no mystery, the fun dies out....
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by mediclife1987(m): 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2018
Alphaman007:
Op that's an area of Psychology.... Clinical psychology.. And they work closely with psychiatrists to diagnose and treat mental disorders.. There are other areas of psychology not necessarily associated with studying mental disorders e.g industrial etc.... This is what you need to let your mum kmow.. And I've noticed serious misconceptions about not so popular disciplines like psychology... And serious work needs to be done to enlighten Nigerians... I'm a psychology graduate hoping to further my degree in clinical psychology or neuropsychology... Peace...

No wonder you call yourself Alphaman, you've done a great job on your Psychology I guess.

I bet you prolly don't even believe in God sef...just like me... wink

1 Like

Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2018
greatnaija01:
Show her psychologists that are making MILLIONS and she may change her mind and even enroll as a part-time student grin

OMG.... I am in love with this post
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Danjnr1(m): 9:19am On May 07, 2018
Lwkm grin grin grin grin
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Alphaman007: 2:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
mediclife1987:

No wonder you call yourself Alphaman, you've done a great job on your Psychology I guess.

I bet you prolly don't even believe in God sef...just like me... wink
lol I'm a Christian bro.. I believe in God.. But we all have our personal beliefs so we shouldn't judge each other based on our religious inclination
Re: My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness by Sagamite(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gerrard59:
When I read posts on NL and other social media sites in Nigeria, I'm forced to agree with Sagamite. The level of reasoning used in making the post is low if not non-existent. cry

What could be the problem?

Most Nigerians are some of the dumbest monkeys on Earth!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2016 DELSU Departmental Cut Off Mark And Screening Score / Meet Ake Agatha: The First Female SU President In Benue State University Makurdi / See Where Students Of Orizu College Of Education Charge Their Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.