Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past (27196 Views)

Major Ibrahim Babangida And Mamman Vatsa In Okigwe In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Hate Speech Bill: Ibrahim Babangida Nobody Says Can Muzzle Nigerians / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by MrImole: 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
Journalism is a joke
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by mrLhanray(m): 7:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
yes we won't read it, what we want is IBB's apology regarding June 12. Abiola won convincingly, but he annulled the election. yeye elder statesmen who had no plan for the future.
IBB's actions during his time in power, collapsed Nigeria in all
aspect. All institutions in this country collapsed and it's been
difficult to resurrect them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by brexit: 7:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
It is time to forgive him but let him apologize to Nigerians
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by CodeTemplar: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
laudate:

Of course, people will read his biography. undecided If not for amusement, they will certainly read it for his spin on the illogical events that took place, while he was in power. IBB had a golden chance to write his name in gold, in the portals of history. But he squandered it, carelessly by making the worst decision of his entire life. sad Till today, IBB and his cohorts have never said the whole truth about that annulment, neither have they given us the honest reasons, for the grand deception they foisted on Nigerians, by annulling that 1993 election. Nigerian citizens have been fed a lot of lies, half-truth, propaganda, slogans etc in a bid to cover up the real issue. angry

If IBB can tell the truth, and nothing but the truth, about that whole unsavoury episode, then he would have done a great service to this country and those who believe in its' people. IBB should not forget - there is nothing that can be hidden forever. If he takes the secret about that election to his grave, posterity would judge him harshly! angry
Politics appears to be your thing.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by BabaO2: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
Gangster1ms:
A former military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida, says Nigerians no longer take him seriously because he annulled the June 12,1993 Presidential election adjudgedas the most credible election in the history of Nigeria. Babangida said this during a programme on Channels Television titled, ‘Roadmap 2019’ on Monday. When asked if he would publish his biography soon to tell his story, Babangida said nobody would read it because of his past.

When asked to explain further if it was true that people dismissed his words because of the annulment of June 12 election, he said, “That is right. They say, ‘he cancelled the freest election in the history but he annulled it’ but nobody gives me credit for conducting the freest election in the country.” The former maximum ruler said he was hopeful that the younger generation would understand why he annulled the election.

He added, “We try to rationalise why we did what we did but nobody is prepared to listen to us. So, it is a matter of time. One day, the younger generation will say they have heard one side and want to hear the other side of the story. “Maybe by then we will have a better society that is prepared; that is well-informed of what happened within a period of their existence. They will then be able to say this is the true story.”

http://punchng.com/nobody-will-read-my-biography-because-of-my-past-ibb/

Good that he's tormented, he will never know peace for the rest of his life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by sidnen: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2018
This is how they begin to talk once they know their days are getting numbered.

#RIPINADVANCE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by AreaFada2: 7:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
Pavore9:
It is even good that he counted his teeth with his tongue! cheesy
grin cheesy cheesy

Very correct. At least one cannot be useless in everything.

He missed the golden chance to atone and apologise long ago.

The blood of those that perished under Abacha are partly on IBB's head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by EmmyDJourno: 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
Bullshit has come full circle and now you know, when you die you would be cast into the dark history of this country never to be mentioned for anything positive

Unless you submit yourself for all your crimes, face judgement and implicate many others who perpetuated crime alongside you, then history would find a place e of favor for you

Until then....... RIP in advance bitchhh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by IYANGBALI: 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2018
I was not burned when he was the president, pls what did he did that time?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:05pm On Apr 17, 2018
laudate:

Of course, people will read his biography. undecided If not for amusement, they will certainly read it for his spin on the illogical events that took place, while he was in power. IBB had a golden chance to write his name in gold, in the portals of history. But he squandered it, carelessly by making the worst decision of his entire life. sad Till today, IBB and his cohorts have never said the whole truth about that annulment, neither have they given us the honest reasons, for the grand deception they foisted on Nigerians, by annulling that 1993 election. Nigerian citizens have been fed a lot of lies, half-truth, propaganda, slogans etc in a bid to cover up the real issue. angry

If IBB can tell the truth, and nothing but the truth, about that whole unsavoury episode, then he would have done a great service to this country and those who believe in its' people. IBB should not forget - there is nothing that can be hidden forever. If he takes the secret about that election to his grave, posterity would judge him harshly! angry

My theory is that foreign powers pressured him into doing it. Just the way they masterminded the killing of Abiola. Sometimes these guys are just puns.

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by LegDoLand: 8:09pm On Apr 17, 2018
laudate:

According to him, he wanted his regime to be the last coup-ushered regime, hence he was worried that if he installed a new democratic government, it would be toppled over by another set of coup-plotters
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2018
This old fella needs a bitchslap.He's so disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by RMU: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2018
It is difficult for nigerian to forget and forgive your evil minded and devilish act that brought Nigeria to where we are today.
Majority of family breadwinner lost their life because of the evil u perpetrated in annulling the Nigeria ever witness free and fair election

You started the killing which Abacha follows u footsteps because of your eagerness to stay in power.

Mr Maradona confess now may be God will forgive u because no Nigerian can forget the damages u have done to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by kingzjay(m): 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2018
This man ehn! Are the memories of June 12 now hunting him or is he regretting his actions?

He wanted to become the Mugabe of Nigeria and saw nothing bad about annulling the most credible election this country ever had.

Sincerely, this man is one of the reasons we are where we are presently. Posterity will judge you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by micmond: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
We read Obasanjo's own and we're still reading his letters today. So yours may put a closure to Jun 12 presidential election.pls I beg you for the sake of MKO Abiola and many Nigerians who died as a result of that singular action you took,don't pass away without truthfully putting us through.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by RexTramadol1: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
We will read the preface and conclusion

provided you make it free like tracts.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by LaudGuy: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2018
I will read it sir. Only when I am in the toilet taking a dump. It would be my toilet read
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by zoedew: 8:31pm On Apr 17, 2018
The wicked is on the run though no one is in sight pursuing him!

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Charly68: 8:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
The man didn't know the number of souls that died because of his reckless autocratic action..he wasted too many lives and shed too many blood..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Charly68: 8:37pm On Apr 17, 2018
The man didn't know the number of souls that died because of his reckless autocratic action..he wasted too many lives and shed too much blood..
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by mikolo80: 8:42pm On Apr 17, 2018
you are long lost
givan:
Nigeria is long lost. cry
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by hurricanekatrina(f): 8:43pm On Apr 17, 2018
ibb
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by no1madman(m): 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2018
[img][/img]

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by mikolo80: 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2018
Ipheyemmy01:
It was on record that that was the only election in Nigeria where ethnicity and religion was set aside by all eligible Nigerians to vote the leader of their choice.

ethinicity and religion were not set aside
abiola simply appealed to the majority ethnicity and religion of prosperity

Babangida and Obasanjo are the two leaders I pity most because they could have pened their name in the golden book of history in Nigeria but they fumbled.

why are you pitying them
they are billionaires and godfathers

The respect and recognition Abubakar Abdulsalam is enjoying now is what Babangida should be accorded. Now he says they wouldn't listen to him, why should we..
when politicians want to run election ,who do they go to meet obj and ibb or abdulsalam
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by KyrianOkeke(m): 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2018
By all means, nobody will read his biography or even take him seriously.
His time in office should be voted as worst in the history of Nigeria.
Nigeria made so much money in IBB's time as the only country exporting oil
at the time due to America's problem with the Arab nations.
It's hard to say where all that money entered today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by drey076(m): 8:59pm On Apr 17, 2018
This shameless man came out around 2003 that he wanted to vie for president again after his terrible past

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by akum78: 9:04pm On Apr 17, 2018
DEAD MAN

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by drey076(m): 9:06pm On Apr 17, 2018
IYANGBALI:
I was not burned when he was the president, pls what did he did that time?
We don't know what did he did

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by kabillion(m): 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2018
You are damn damn. Your kinda biography in the words of Anikulopo Kuti is "sorrow, tears and blood."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by kabillion(m): 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2018
drey076:

We don't know what did he did
Jesus!
Re: Ibrahim Babangida: Nobody Will Read My Biography Because Of My Past by Sgwin: 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2018
He cancelled the election because he knew that yourubas is a betrayers just watch what buhari will do to his vice.. stupid bad belle people

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Kalu Seeks Post-Conviction Bail, Cites Health Challenges / Developers To Build 8,200-Unit Hostel In LASU As Sanwo-Olu Seals Deal / Buhari: Peace Of Niger Republic Must Matter To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.