Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) (57285 Views)

A Final-year Medical Student Who Turned Food Vendor During ASUU Strike Is Dead / FUTA Quoted Bible Verse In Exam Question (Photo) / U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
homesteady:

Not all questions must be Clinical questions. How were you expecting medical students exams to be? You thought it would be Filled with medical forms of quadratic equations? grin No! A question can just be write on Malaria and you'd see people fumbling.

What makes the question tough is the method of answering it. For eg, that 1a question doesn't just end with definition, you'd start with introduction, definition of the fever, aetiology, distribution, pathophysiology/pathogenesis, clinical presentations, diagnosis, differentials and maybe treatment. Since the other two questions are related to it, you don't have to explain them in your 1a. If the exam were to be a Pathology exam, you must add morphology, which includes both microscopy and macroscopy.
So do you see why the question is not cheap as you assumed? It would be difficult to remember everything. Just imagine knowing all these information for so many other diseases, it's so voluminous and very slippery. Besides most of the examiners use close marking, where you can't get above a specific score for the question.

overseas especially in colleges ,everyone answers questions directly n briefly, unless wen asked to elaborate, compare foreign textbook on a particular subject n that of a Nigerian,straightforward.

here u ve to put jara so ur lecturer think u sabi d question or read his textbook, you ask wat is water , boldly stating definition , here u see uses n quotes but over there u define n move on. ponder on duration of courses or degrees or phd here and overseas .

1 Like

Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Goodman2030: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
northvietnam:

vely cheap

Rheumatic fever is an
inflammatory disease that can involve the heart, joints, skin, and brain.The disease typically develops two to four weeks after a streptococcal throat infection. Signs and symptoms include fever , multiple painful joints,
involuntary muscle movements , and occasionally a characteristic non-itchy rash known as erythema

this one sef...

Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
eyinjuege:

Just IV normal saline? A market woman can say same thing, what determines the volume of normal saline? What amt are you going to give? Are you expecting any potassium deficit? Should that be corrected too? So where does you ABG/VBG come in?, where does your hourly monitoring come in that you want to keep pushing insulin every hour without monitoring? Have you heard of sliding scale? What happened to giving oxygen if sepsis has even crossed your mind?
You'll be surprised that supportive management is equally as important
If you answer no 2 the way you did there (because it probably carries about 10-15 of the total 20 marks), you will score only 5 or less. tongue

I deliberately summarized...because the Nairaland antispam bot tends to ban any detailed mention of drugs...and yes,i forgot to mention that insulin is reduced to three times a day once RPG is below 200mg/dl...and when the patient is taking oral drugs...and of course you do correct pottasium deficit to between 3.5-5.5mmol/l.(that is IF the potassium is in deficit)...and yes...you do check the patients RPG before and after each dose of insulin.

And you don't give oxygen to a patient in kussmaul's respiration. Following the treatment protocol for diabetic ketoacidosis should be sufficient.
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by northvietnam(m): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
Goodman2030:

this one sef...
Amiboo
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by mykero(m): 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
Oshe googling googler
northvietnam:

vely cheap

Rheumatic fever is an
inflammatory disease that can involve the heart, joints, skin, and brain.The disease typically develops two to four weeks after a streptococcal throat infection. Signs and symptoms include fever , multiple painful joints,
involuntary muscle movements , and occasionally a characteristic non-itchy rash known as erythema

1 Like

Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
9jaown:
So na dis kind questions them Dey ask medical students!!
believe me, you can Google the correct answers to those questions and submit as long as you are not a medical student and not familiar with how questions are to be answered you'll score your age over 100, well if you're too old, you score your first child's age hhaha trust me, that question is more than the eyes can see.

2 Likes

Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
northvietnam:

vely cheap

Rheumatic fever is an
if you write this in medical school you'll score a single digit score. It's beyond what you read bro.
Your answer should be like this
Introduction
etiology
Risk factors
Pathogenesis
Diagnosis and test
Treatment

You give your answers under these subtopics.
Like I said, it's beyond what you see..

1 Like

Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
chidichuddo:

overseas especially in colleges ,everyone answers questions directly n briefly, unless wen asked to elaborate, compare foreign textbook on a particular subject n that of a Nigerian,straightforward.

here u ve to put jara so ur lecturer think u sabi d question or read his textbook, you ask wat is water , boldly stating definition , here u see uses n quotes but over there u define n move on. ponder on duration of courses or degrees or phd here and overseas .
it's the norm in medical schools globally.
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by eyinjuege: 1:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
Cromcruach91:

I deliberately summarized...because the Nairaland antispam bot tends to ban any detailed mention of drugs...and yes,i forgot to mention that insulin is reduced to three times a day once RPG is below 200mg/dl...and when the patient is taking oral drugs...and of course you do correct pottasium deficit to between 3.5-5.5mmol/l.(that is IF the potassium is in deficit)...and yes...you do check the patients RPG before and after each dose of insulin.

And you don't give oxygen to a patient in kussmaul's respiration. Following the treatment protocol for diabetic ketoacidosis should be sufficient.

Just messing with you, but its just to show that the answer isnt as straightforward as expected. Even passing NG tube and catheterization is enough to jerk up ur marks as simple as it sounds
O2 in dka with backgrd sepsis is not contraindicated.

1 Like

Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2018
jobonnairaland:
I can answer all these questions without studying so hard. These questions are not really tough.

Give an example of a tough clinical question
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by stasius: 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
northvietnam:

vely cheap

Rheumatic fever is an
involuntary muscle movements , and occasionally a characteristic non-itchy rash known as
erythema

With this answer you will score Minus forty(- 40) . Next
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Cosplay: 1:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
Thepoll:

Apparently the genius examiners ran out of names....

on a second thought he might be Into Cosplay... cool

No he's not. Never seen him before in my life.
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Roon9:
Ah! 600L Lasu questions
I'm an Engineer but I feel this questions are damn too basic. Uniben 20mks question can never be this straightforward.

that question is standard anywhere you go. it is not as easy as it looks, especially if you know the specific elements the examiner is looking out for
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by izzyboi(m): 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
northvietnam:

As an Engineer by Qualification, those r simple questions if i set my mind on those...

Medical college is over hyped..

i can still answer all the questions if u so wish...

only on one condition, we have a bet.

Medical college is over hyped? You say what?
Are you sure you're not pained?
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by izzyboi(m): 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
Goodman2030:

this one sef...
Don't mind him, he thinks he's sharp
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by hardbody: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
slowbreeze:

So what's d diagnosis?

I am surprised you actually took me up on this. Believe me I could give you the diagnosis without leaving a single gap for a further review. Let's not turn this to a childish competition, afterall, you reserve a right to disagree, whatever I come up with.
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by MrCerebral: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2018
homesteady:

Not all questions must be Clinical questions. How were you expecting medical students exams to be? You thought it would be Filled with medical forms of quadratic equations? grin No! A question can just be write on Malaria and you'd see people fumbling.

What makes the question tough is the method of answering it. For eg, that 1a question doesn't just end with definition, you'd start with introduction, definition of the fever, aetiology, distribution, pathophysiology/pathogenesis, clinical presentations, diagnosis, differentials and maybe treatment. Since the other two questions are related to it, you don't have to explain them in your 1a. If the exam were to be a Pathology exam, you must add morphology, which includes both microscopy and macroscopy.
So do you see why the question is not cheap as you assumed? It would be difficult to remember everything. Just imagine knowing all these information for so many other diseases, it's so voluminous and very slippery. Besides most of the examiners use close marking, where you can't get above a specific score for the question.
my brother one pupu for you abeg, all thesenon medics don't know wataguan, final mb that you are pamming so many diseases on your coconut head with the synopsis that you've beautifully outlined, they will now pick just 4 or 5, out of hundreds of diseases, and you are still reasoning surgery too o, abeg 3 pupu for you, which color do you prefer, fast make I release am
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by MrCerebral: 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

This is why people die like flies in Nigeria. Quacks without degrees roaming the land.

Rheumatic fever involves something called the modified Jones criteria and you have to be deep in medical arts to know what they are and how to make a diagnosis because the presentation can be varied, unusual or subtle.
In the second case, DKA involves pinpoint clinical knowledge. In fact, you can even be given the diagnosis upfront and fail in the management beginning with the siting of an IV line. Im quite sure you don't know the difference between a yellow and green canulla much less discuss what the merits and demerits of sliding scale insulin administration are. How much fluid will you give the patient and how will you confirm he is adequately hydrated ? What are the different kinds of insulin and which will be appropriate for this patient ? Why does he have fever and what will you do about it ? etc etc

The questions look superficially simple but have layers and layers of technicality to them.

'Stay your lane.'
my brother tell them, they don know, dem think say na to just wikipedia definition of rheumatic fever and exam yaff finish....hehehe, you've gotten 0, you go write till u tire still dey beg for extra time, yet u go dey pray make u cross 50, now any medics understand what I mean when I say 50 right, three gbosa for you abeg
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Coldfeets: 12:13am On Apr 19, 2018
hardbody:

I can actually pass this paper without having studied medicine at all. Chai...

Well maybe my background in pre-med is making it look cheap. As for the wakanda man...well...

Well, I think I can too... with maybe, my background in Google. wink
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by northvietnam(m): 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2018
stasius:

With this answer you will score Minus forty(- 40) . Next

Lolzzzzzz.... u r wicked
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by chosenwan1(m): 12:19pm On May 08, 2018
Do you want to earn some money?!

Looking for a university student for a research associate role who is CURRENTLY studying in Lagos

Read the thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/4491161/research-associate
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by HADI854: 4:57am On Nov 23, 2018
9jaown:
So na dis kind questions them Dey ask medical students!!

I dey sure say na All of them go blast the exam
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by HADI854: 4:58am On Nov 23, 2018
9jaown:
i neva watch Black Panther yet... xo I no fit answer am!!

Hahaha
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by Ayobami7(m): 7:49am On Jan 16, 2019
国加
Re: Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) by krisbarkley(f): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2020
Thanks a lot. I laughed heartily!
I recently gave birth and am still on maternity leave. In general, I am a teacher by profession and by nature. I mean, I have a passion for teaching other people. I really miss this right now, so I help students online. There is such a site where they write essays and help with exams. In general, now I'm there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Little Girl Protects Her Nose From Odour Coming Out From Class Teachers Mouth / Man Signs On The Boobs Of LAUTECH Female Students On Their Graduation Day / Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.