Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,121 members, 7,957,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:55 AM

My Short List Of Heroes Of Our Present Democracy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Short List Of Heroes Of Our Present Democracy (531 Views)

Nigeria Doing Better Under Military Govt Than Present Democracy – Smart Adeyemi / List Of Heroes That Biafrans Are Celebrating On May 30th(full LIST) / Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Enugu, Prays For Fallen IPOB Heroes (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Short List Of Heroes Of Our Present Democracy by eyeview: 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
Every objective Nigerian will agree with me that we as a nation is going through a dark phase in our democracy. In the distant future, the period of 2015-2019 will be looked at with retrospect and referred to as the 'dark days'. This buhari administration has been saddled with incompetence, violation of human rights, flagrant disobedience of court rulings and the rule of law, genocide and ethnic cleansing, economic recession, crash in the value of the naira, lies and propaganda by the government etc.

Nevertheless, there has been people who had stood on the side of truth and justice and has been relentless in 'putting the records straight' whenever this government issues their bare faced lies and propaganda, men who has refused to be cowed at a time most previous critics have lost their tongue.

These men renews our hope in our democracy in the face of tyranny. They have refused to sit back and watch lies envelope the truth. They deserve to be honoured by subsequent governments as heroes of our democracy.

By my list, the honour goes to the following:
1. Reno Omokiri
2. Lere Olayinka
3. Femi Fani Kayode
4. Bishop Mattew Hassan Kukah
5. Sentator Shehu Sani
6. Senator Issa Missau
7. Gov Nyesome Wike
8. Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe

Feel free to add yours
Re: My Short List Of Heroes Of Our Present Democracy by Kyase(m): 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
You mean PDP media crew
Re: My Short List Of Heroes Of Our Present Democracy by Mogidi: 2:03pm On Apr 18, 2018
You left osokomale of Nigeria, what's wrong with you?

grin

1 Like

Re: My Short List Of Heroes Of Our Present Democracy by 360degreess(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2018
majority of ppl you mentioned here are pathetic political failures,Buhari is still the best..

PMB till 2023

2 Likes

Re: My Short List Of Heroes Of Our Present Democracy by Okoroawusa: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2018
U mean your PDP heroes?
Re: My Short List Of Heroes Of Our Present Democracy by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 11:33am On Apr 29, 2018
Palmwine Drinkers Panel of heroes

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Why I Must Vote Buhari For 2nd Tenure / God Will Rescue Nigeria In 2019, Says Obasanjo / Did President Buhari Call Nigerian Youth Lazy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.