Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free (1418 Views)

Youths Want Olakunle Churchill As Governor Of Ondo, Print Posters / Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment / Bashir Ahmad Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy" Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by obonujoker(m): 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2018
He said the country's youthful population is reliant on the notion that Nigeria is an oil-rich nation.

President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed his dissatisfaction with the country's young population who want the government to hand them everything on a platter.

According to a report by TheCable, the president said this while speaking at the Commonwealth Business Forum in Westminster on Wednesday, April 18, 2018.

The president said the country's youthful population is reliant on the notion that Nigeria is an oil-rich nation, which leads to the demand for free things.

He said,"About the economy, we have a very young population, our population is estimated conservatively to be 180 million. This is a very conservative one.
"More than 60 percent of the population is below 30, a lot of them haven't been to school and they are claiming that Nigeria is an oil producing country, therefore, they should sit and do nothing, and get housing, healthcare, education for free."

More on.....

http://www.pulse.ng/news/local/buhari-says-nigerian-youths-want-everything-for-free-id8270125.html?link_time=1524058652
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by obonujoker(m): 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
yeye man.... that's why we the yoruba muslim youths are also ready to vote you out and send you back to daura.... So you have been deceiving us with muslim free tales... haba baba.....

Come 2019... back to daura....

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by Okoroawusa: 2:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
Adeshina have said it already
"intellectually lazy"

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2018
Go they Nigeria him mouth go seal, the next minute he flies abroad he go begin talk like mumu

Him fit no die better

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by Kingpee2(m): 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
What have we begged to get for free,we have paid much more of our taxes and yet what have you given back in return,Pain and regret,get your ass out of the rock ,you deserve to be living in your hut ....

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by trillville(m): 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
I am shocked beyond words. The UK that he is visiting, do people pay for primary and secondary education? Isn't health care subsidized by the NHS in UK? When Buhari was a kid, did his parents have to pay for his education? We keep hearing how Nigerians have stolen money yet no one is in jail and he is now saying this rubbish. How much did you budget for education this year? What percentage of our budget is to be spent on education this year. Has this man seen how much Britain is spending on education this year? I am so confused. Instead of taxing the rich and building more schools and employing more teachers, our president is blaming the youths. This is the same president whose children all schooled in England.

Look at how many youths are out of school or are in schools but getting substandard education. If these kids become BH or kidnappers tomorrow who will buhari blame. I tire for this country walahi.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
Did you pay for the 4 month medical vacation you went to London from your purse?Is it not our money that was used to foot you and your son's medical bills?The money belongs to Nigerians and it should be spent on Nigerians not bokoharam.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by SalamRushdie: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
This old cattle herder is really out of touch with reality.. so asking the govt to use tax payers monies judiciously by fixing infrastructure , funding education, and having an economic blue print that favours all now amount to youths looking for free things ? The irony is that it is useless leaders like Buhari that are in the state house eating free food , using free cars, flying free jets , using free healthcare and looting free money yet the old fool wants to change the narrative and blame Nigerian youths who have never for one day enjoyed anything from their govt

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by NSNA: 3:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
Analogue brain in a digital age. Let him retire and let the Youth take over

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by saaron(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2018
What do you expect from a dinosaur? After promising to sell fuel at N45/litre, he ended up increasing fuel price to N145/litre.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by buhariguy(m): 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2018
That is what idiotic pigs of Biafra always think.that is why they hate buhari

But the Igbos does not like free things, that is why they love buhari

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by aloeman15(m): 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
it's impossible...
he must have been misquoted.
I'm sure this is fake news.
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by obonujoker(m): 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
buhariguy:
That is what idiotic pigs of Biafra always think.that is why they hate buhari

But the Igbos does not like free things, that is why they love buhari

My fellow Yoruba muslim, wen will you join I and Vedaxcool to renounce our support for the "model of failure"?? Imagine how we worked tirelessly as muslims for Baba, now he says we are lazy....

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by buhariguy(m): 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
SalamRushdie:
This old cattle herder is really out of touch with reality.. so asking the govt to use tax payers monies judiciously by fixing infrastructure , funding education, and having an economic blue print that favours all now amount to youths looking for free things ? The irony is that it is useless leaders like Buhari that ate in the state house eating free food , using free cars, flying free jets , using free healthcare and looting free money yet the old fool wants to change the narrative and blame Nigerian youths who have never forgone day enjoyed anything from their govt
you are right.

But buhari were saying the obvious which idiotic pigs of Biafra cannot understand.

Idiotic pigs of Biafra always insult buhari because he is not sharing money like their ineffectual buffoon use to do.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by richeso: 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2018
and some idiots will still support such a cow!.
we buy fuel, we buy desel, we pay for electricity, we pay for road tollgates, we buy food, we pay for everything.
let the cow tell us 1 thing we dont pay for. even the school you call free is even expensive than the paid ones.

i no blame u, na the idiots wey dey campaign your matter i blame

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by rainylad(f): 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2018
Buhari you can say that again..the youths certainly wants everything for free,thats they voted for an illiterate,incompetent ethnic jingoist like you in 2015...believing you will make their lives an eldorado

They were stuppud enough to believe you against sound counsel when you promised to dash them 5,000 every month,make the Naira equals to the dollars,sell petrol at 45Naira per litre and other lies you and your party fed them in 2015..

So yeah,fire the 'senseless youths' the more...perhaps they will eventually grow some brains and ensure you do not come back next year.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by gurunlocker: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
Are you kidding me? Not sure this man know the shame he always bring just opening his mouth and saying trash. I guess he is talking about Northern Almajiris here because an average Nigerian youth is very hardworking.

I don't remember getting free housing, healthcare or education...

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by Paperwhite(m): 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2018
See a failure having the gut to insult the youths.I truly don't blame this dull brain but the youth who keep voting these senile old men.
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by AKUDORO(f): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
a slap on the face of the serious minded

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by rusher14: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
trillville:
I am shocked beyond words. The UK that he is visiting, do people pay for primary and secondary education? Isn't health care subsidized by the NHS in UK? When Buhari was a kid, did his parents have to pay for his education? We keep hearing how Nigerians have stolen money yet no one is in jail and he is now saying this rubbish. How much did you budget for education this year? What percentage of our budget is to be spent on education this year. Has this man seen how much Britain is spending on education this year? I am so confused. Instead of taxing the rich and building more schools and employing more teachers, our president is blaming the youths. This is the same president whose children all schooled in England.

Look at how many youths are out of school or are in schools but getting substandard education. If these kids become BH or kidnappers tomorrow who will buhari blame. I tire for this country walahi.

Exactly his point.
They are a prosperous nation despite that Tax is somewhere between 30 and 45% compulsory.

National insurance must consume another 7% of your salary. So nothing is free.

Get to work. The country is a poor nation.
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by spartan117(m): 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
This man is certainly under a trance like wole soyinka said.

#NeverReinforceFailure
#Back2Daura
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by trillville(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Exactly his point.
They are a prosperous nation despite that Tax is somewhere between 30 and 45% compulsory.

National insurance must consume another 7% of your salary. So nothing is free.

Get to work. The country is a poor nation.

So why hasn't he raised taxes. Is it the youth or the poor that would pay taxes? What is wrong in taxing the rich. Our tax to GDP ratio is one of the worst in the world. He has wasted the lives of youths for the last three years and he is not ashamed. Why not raise taxes?
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by rusher14: 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2018
trillville:

So why hasn't he raised taxes. Is it the youth or the poor that would pay taxes. What is wrong in taxing the rich. Our tax to GDP ratio is one of the worst in the world. He has wasted the lives of youths for the last three years and he is not ashamed. Why not raise taxes?

Raise tax on unproductive people?

grin

100% of 0 is 0
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by aloeman15(m): 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

grin
100% of 0 is 0
excuse me.
what exactly are the "lazy youths" getting from the state?
maybe I missed the news.
kindly list them.
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by naijaking1: 4:20pm On Apr 18, 2018
They want free stuff like security, education, passable roads, and working electricity power!
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by rusher14: 4:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
aloeman15:
excuse me.

what exactly are the "lazy youths" getting from the state?

maybe I missed the news.

kindly list them.

Stop living an illusion.

The nation never had money. Those in vantage positions ,such as the NSITF woman ,would loot and give semblance of wealth when In fact, there's none.

The sooner you tell yourself the truth, the earlier you brake your yoke of poverty (figure of speech).

No doubt, the older generation failed but it is left for the youth to create a way out rather than bouts of lamentation.

The truth must be said.
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by trillville(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

grin

100% of 0 is 0

We have a GDP of over 400 billion yet government's revenues are about 6 percent which is 24 billion. If our total productivity and consumption is 400 billion, why can't government generate at least 40 to 80 billion from taxes and the sales of crude oil.

Understand that most of the wealth of this country is concentrated in the top 5 percent of people.

Why not come up with creative ways to raise funds (taxes) from these extremely rich people?

All government has to do is put an incremental rate on the number of properties and cars people own.

If a person owns 1 house, the person pays .1% as his/her rate. If a person owns 2 houses the person pays .1 percent on the first house and .5% on the second.

A tax policy such as these would be sufficient enough to provide free education and subsidize healthcare for Nigerians.

Why can't our government take responsibility?
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by IJOBA2: 4:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO DESERVE THIS KINDA PUNISHMENT FROM THIS IDIOT
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by trillville(m): 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
Rusher14

Can you please tell me why countries build prisons?

My guess is that if you keep the bad guys away, society would be able to function properly.

Why do countries provide free high quality basic education to its citizens.

My guess is to ensure it's citizens irrespective of the wealth of their parents are given an opportunity to become productive people in the society and also to prevent their nations from becoming hot-spots for groups such as Boko Haram, ND militants, herdsmen and other criminal groups found in Nigeria today.

If you can agree that governments should build prisons, why is it so hard for you to agree that governments should also provide high quality basic education?
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by Jamnocase: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
These old cargoes in power inculcated the theory of tribalism in the youths and the youths are pursuing it vigorously while they(our old politicians ) are busy milking the nation dry. If Buhari has called the youths lazy, then let the youths wake up and take over the mantle of leadership in Nigeria, let them stop being tribalistic(which they exhibit so much in social media). Somebody in Buhari's age is not supposed to be in Aso rock in this digital age. But some youths are still satisfied with him as long as he is from their tribe and religion.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by rusher14: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
trillville:
Rusher14

Can you please tell me why countries build prisons?

My guess is that if you keep the bad guys away, society would be able to function properly.

Why do countries provide free high quality basic education to its citizens.

My guess is to ensure it's citizens irrespective of the wealth of their parents are given an opportunity to become productive people in the society and also to prevent their nations from becoming hot-spots for groups such as Boko Haram, ND militants, herdsmen and other criminal groups found in Nigeria today.

If you can agree that governments should build prisons, why is it so hard for you to agree that governments should also provide high quality basic education?

I totally agree education must be well funded.

But there are stark realities such as having a high wage bill, low foreign reserves or savings, and at the same time severely lacking in infrastructure .

Why is it so difficult for you guys to understand your nation has never been rich and whatever it ever made was never properly managed?

For how long would you vilify those that are working to make things work by way of prudence and prioritizing?

Can't you make an independent assessment free of prejudices and determine what needs to be done and what the constraints might be?
Re: Buhari: Nigerian Youths Want Everything For Free by rusher14: 4:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
Jamnocase:
These old cargoes in power inculcated the theory of tribalism in the youths and the youths are pursuing it vigorously while they(our old politicians ) are busy milking the nation dry. If Buhari has called the youths lazy, then let the youths wake up and take over the mantle of leadership in Nigeria, let them stop being tribalistic(which they exhibit so much in social media). Somebody in Buhari's age is not supposed to be in Aso rock in this digital age. But some youths are still satisfied with him as long as he is from their tribe and religion.

I support Buhari and I'm from the south.

Granted there could be more energetic, I dare say, more intelligent younger individuals who could do a better job, I do not fall into such delusions as to think such an individual is available today. If he were, there would have been a wave of excitement that you could reach out and touch.

The Nigerian youth are unimaginative and you can live in denial as much as you want but the truth must be said.

Until, the young Nigerian begins to design shoes that all his contemporaries wish to wear, design bicycles that every young kid wants to ride my friend there is no saviour that would solve the burning issue of unemployelment, poor remuneration and the resultant crime.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kim & Trump Meet: Concrete Evidence Nuclear Weapons Are Fake #THERISEOFSODOM / We Can Bring Onitsha River Port Back To Life —ICNL / Bolaji Abdullahi Emerge Head Of Media & Publicity Committee For CUPP Coalition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.