Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action (37691 Views)

PDP Reacts As Wike Dumps Obaseki, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Adeleke Reacts To Suit Seeking His Sack From Senate, Reveals ‘sponsor’ / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2018
APC members in security sector loyal to Buhari don't want lose their jobs incompetently.

APC and these thieves that took Buhari over six months to appointed them, are fools.

Politic is not a do or die affairs, if people don't want you, you gradually step aside.

If I may ask! Who is FG?

A situation where by president Buhari let the country without proper handling over, who is he going to blame this time Will APC blame PDP and GEJ on this?

Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by computergenius(m): 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2018
In advanced countries the senate is a place reserved for people of great integrity and moral character. It is a place for people of timbre and calibre. But in Nigeria the holy chambers of the Nigerian senate is peopled by Cultists, crooks, criminals, clowns and thugs all disguised as politicians. All manners of daylight robberies goes on in the Nigerian senate from massive budget padding, mega contract inflation to grand conspiraces with foreigners to swindle the Nigerian state of billions of dollars. Nigerian Senators elected to legislate for the improvement of the lives of the people are more concerned with legislating on their salaries and allowances. They increased their salaries illegally from N750,000 to N3.5 million per month, then they increased it to N13.5 million per month, then they increased it to N800 million per year. What! You say? You heard right. That is what senators now earn. I am not surprised that there is commotion in the senate. In fact, it is just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by macaranta(m): 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
Shameful
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
Democracy is officially dead in Nigeria, let's just give buhari absolute powers and call it a day
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by shekauvsbuhari: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2018
bekpo:
This is the most ineptly corrupt Senate in the history of this country. Saraki is presiding over ineptly corrupt Senate in the history of this country.
is that de issue @ stake?so a criminal act of snatching mace with collusion of security agencies is de cure for de corruption? As a fact all of them are corrupt including the buhari you are licking his wrinkled ass.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Swazzkid(m): 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
ZOO CON3
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by authority2006(m): 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
White007:
Please don't take my words for it but watch how this matter will be handled by the APC government. Watch to see if the Senator and his thugs will be punished.

If you're in Nigeria, prepare for the dramas coming up in the days and weeks ahead as the elections approach. It will be interesting and I pray none of us becomes a victim of the games ahead.

Copied

To the satisfaction of Saraki and his loyal dogs, right? Now, all of you are just confirming that there is indeed an executive power which Buhari wasn't interested in using. Ordinary suspended senator Omo Agege acted, you're already crying. Were not you the same set of people applauding madness and above-the-law attitude of Saraki and his loyal dogs?
Una just started, more wailing to come.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by shankara7: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2018
zeedof:
Did any one watch the video? Does it seems like thieving the mace? Because I still don't get this... Just 3 well dress men just walked with some senators and pick up the mace.. without any fight.. Even Saraki was their as if he doesn't know what happened... as in enh... I am tired of being a Nigeria... can someone help me out please...
Nigeria is messed up.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
Modenzy:
The way things are; this country is not safe.
pls, i want to urge everyone to pls know/learn how to use gun or bomb.
if this things can happen in national assembly where we have securities of different parastattals. i.e police, nscdc, etc. then the common man is not safe...

pls, learn self defense.
I have already taught my siblings how to use simple weapon to fight incase of necessity.

THERE IS BIG PROBLEM AHEAD

There is no problem. Hausa go their way. Yoruba go their way. Igbo go their way. Middle belt go their way. The remainder form a country. Simple.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
ehie:
Democracy is officially dead in Nigeria, let's just give buhari absolute powers and call it a day

Dem all crazy.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by shankara7: 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
authority2006:

To the satisfaction of Saraki and his loyal dogs, right? Now, all of you are just confirming that there is indeed an executive power which Buhari wasn't interested in using. Ordinary suspended senator Omo Agege acted, you're already crying. Were not you the same set of people applauding madness and above-the-law attitude of Saraki and his loyal dogs?
Una just started, more wailing to come.
People like you are the reason why Nigeria can never develop.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by authority2006(m): 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
shankara7:
People like you are the reason why Nigeria can never develop.

And people like you are the reason why Nigeria is developing. Right? Saraki is an enemy of State. I blame Buhari for his emergency. And now, he is using every opportunity he has to hold democracy to ransom.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by lx3as(m): 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
bekpo:
This is the most ineptly corrupt Senate in the history of this country. Saraki is presiding over ineptly corrupt Senate in the history of this country.

Anyone that opposes Saraki and his guys in that Senate is suspended for a long time.

You can't even have different opinions to theirs and go unpunished.

The present national assembly is meaningless and avenue for wastage of resources. It should be cancelled and in it's place, establishment of people representative grand assembly that will gather and sit about 6 times a year with sitting allowance and free accommodation when they gather.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by linearity: 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2018
asobo:
You need a brain +plus. Saraki did not suspend any senator, the ethics comittee did. Learn to be constructive when criticizing.

They did it in contravene of an existing court ruling that, the Senate does not have the right to suspend another Senate.

Doing so, will be violating the democratic rights of his/her constituents to be represented.

If the Senate felt that, a fellow member broke the law, after the committee finding, they can vote to refer the matter to the AG for prosecution and the whole Senate can vote to confirm.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by godofuck231: 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
Bheewhy:
Watching in 3D and my PVC in 4D

The federal Republic is in 36D, D as in division
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by neyobills: 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
linearity:

They did it in contravene of an existing court ruling that, the Senate does not have the right to suspend another Senate.

Doing so, will be violating the democratic rights of his/her constituents to be represented.

If the Senate felt that, a fellow member broke the law, after the committee finding, they can vote to refer the matter to the AG for prosecution and the whole Senate can vote to confirm.

There is a ethics committee in the red chambers whose duty is to checkmake and enforce any erring member of the senate and they have made their decision,the action is crass show of shame.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by linearity: 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
neyobills:

There is a ethics committee in the red chambers whose duty is to checkmake and enforce any erring member of the senate and they have made their decision,the action is crass show of shame.

My point is, the ethic community does not have the power to Suspend a Senator.

The constitution is superior to any ethic community or policies of the Senate...that was the ruling of the Appeal Court.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by shankara7: 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2018
authority2006:

And people like you are the reason why Nigeria is developing. Right? Saraki is an enemy of State. I blame Buhari for his emergency. And now, he is using every opportunity he has to hold democracy to ransom.
None of my business. You guys can auction Nigeria if you wish because for me Nigeria is a failed state and can "never" develop.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omeokachie:
Usually there is the DSS, the Police, the NSCDC, etc. guarding the national assembly...

Surprisingly today, none of them reacted nor challenged these unarmed thugs.

Who has control over these security agencies?

The security agencies failed to show up just after the Senate called for the sack of all their heads.

One man's personal ambition is about to set the nation on fire.

Get your PVC people. That is the only way you can reclaim your country from these wicked souls that are toying with your future.
Leadership of the Senate stole our money, bought properties everywhere, falsified documents & still swore to an oath. This is a hardened corrupt Senate Leadership. Obj would have fought dirty. Buhari was overrated. He messed up from the beginning going on political vacation after election leading to the present National Assembly leadership.

At his age, he has nothing to lose by fighting the last battle of his life. Those APC members clamouring for his second term should allow him to complete his first term. So a Senate President can shield a Senator from being investigated for crimes? He is surely & really overrated.

A person cannot have a different opinion contrary to the Senate Leadership opinion. Even when there is a ruling that a person cannot be suspended above certain number of days at the Legislative Chambers, they still went ahead to suspend him for 6 months. Who represents his constituency during this period? I think, the Senate will still suspend a lot of Senators indefinitely before May 29, 2019. Senator Abdullahi Adamu & Oluremi Tinubu should watch out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by dvee2: 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omeokachie:
Usually there is the DSS, the Police, the NSCDC, etc. guarding the national assembly...

The security agencies failed to show up just after the Senate called for the sack of all their heads.

Get your PVC people. That is the only way you can reclaim your country from these wicked souls that are toying with your future.

Pure undiluted lies
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by emmykey0128(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2018
Oga saraki did not suspend him, the Senate did and his party members even voted for his suspension, it was saraki that even reduced it to 90 days or something
dheilaw1:
was it legal for saraki to have suspended a lawfully elected senator for expressing his mind? saraki is a disgrace to the constitution
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by neyobills: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2018
linearity:

My point is, the ethic community does not have the power to Suspend a Senator.

The constitution is superior to any ethic community or policies of the Senate...that was the ruling of the Appeal Court.

Unfortunately u don't have a point

The power or right of the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions to exercise its authority over person(s), subject matter or territory is derived from the 1999 Constitution (as amended). Section 88(1) of the Constitution provides that each House of the National Assembly shall have power by resolution published in its journal or in the Official Gazette of the government of the Federation to direct or cause to be directed an investigation into sada) any matter or thing with respect to which it has power to make laws; and (b) the conduct of affairs of any person, authority, ministry or government department charged, or intended to be charged with the duty of or responsibility of sadi) executing or administering laws enacted by the National Assembly and (ii) disbursing or administering of monies appropriated by the National Assembly. Any Committee including the Senate Committee on Public Petitions can be mandated to investigate such matters; as it deems necessary.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Progressive1: 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2018
Omeokachie:

Nigerians are watching , the leadership of the Senate has been doing enough it just a pity that this has to happen in the Senate.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by bolajoko007: 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2018
The investigation is on and I believe that they will surely come up with something and those behind it will be exposed.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by bolajoko007: 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2018
You are right, I believe they are on top of the matter.
Progressive1:

Nigerians are watching , the leadership of the Senate has been doing enough it just a pity that this has to happen in the Senate.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by tradepunter: 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2018
Newpride:
Who is the Federal government?

The Saraki fashion or the Buhari and his cabal fashion.

Faction not fashion
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by Shaev7(m): 10:43pm On Apr 18, 2018
Modenzy:
The way things are; this country is not safe.
pls, i want to urge everyone to pls know/learn how to use gun or bomb.
if this things can happen in national assembly where we have securities of different parastattals. i.e police, nscdc, etc. then the common man is not safe...

pls, learn self defense.
I have already taught my siblings how to use simple weapon to fight incase of necessity.

THERE IS BIG PROBLEM AHEAD
I can only see your comment.
Keep a G and you will see it won't fail you .
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by asobo: 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
linearity:

His suspension received a majority voice vote, so I don't know which confirmation you are talking about. What happened was an internal affair and in such case, if in the house rules provisions are there on how such should be dealth with it is then refered to. Please in as much as you hate Saraki as a person try to be constructive in your criticism. The senate as an institution is under threat here that is what we should be more concerned about.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by faragai24: 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2018
Check this

Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by linearity: 10:53pm On Apr 18, 2018
neyobills:

Unfortunately u don't have a point

The power or right of the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions to exercise its authority over person(s), subject matter or territory is derived from the 1999 Constitution (as amended). Section 88(1) of the Constitution provides that each House of the National Assembly shall have power by resolution published in its journal or in the Official Gazette of the government of the Federation to direct or cause to be directed an investigation into sada) any matter or thing with respect to which it has power to make laws; and (b) the conduct of affairs of any person, authority, ministry or government department charged, or intended to be charged with the duty of or responsibility of sadi) executing or administering laws enacted by the National Assembly and (ii) disbursing or administering of monies appropriated by the National Assembly. Any Committee including the Senate Committee on Public Petitions can be mandated to investigate such matters; as it deems necessary.

O boy! Hope say your school fees was not wasted?

What you quoted is the constitutional duty of the House or Senate to investigate matters, ministries or people for...with respect to which it has power to make laws.

No way did it state that, they can suspend a colleague. That power is only reserved over things they have power over to make laws...The Senate can make laws over citizens, ministries;but they cannot make laws over Senate or the President, etc.

By your assertions, if you apply that section, it means that the Senate can suspend anybody including the AGN, the President.

The Court have ruled on this question and considering this constitution section and sided against the Senate...google and read ‘House of Assembly v. Hon. Danna’....they were told to their face by the appellant court that, they don’t have the right to suspend a member period!
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by asobo: 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2018
Progressive1:

Some people fill the can under mine our democracy. This senate has continued to uphold our democracy despite the distractions.
Re: FG Reacts To Attack On Senate, Reveals Next Line Of Action by linearity: 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
asobo:
His suspension received a majority voice vote, so I don't know which confirmation you are talking about. What happened was an internal affair and in such case, if in the house rules provisions are there on how such should be dealth with it is then refered to. Please in as much as you hate Saraki as a person try to be constructive in your criticism. The senate as an institution is under threat here that is what we should be more concerned about.

Majority does not mean they were right, I don’t hate anyone and I don’t have any dog in this fight and I truly don’t care what happens and don’t happen, it will not affect me in any shape or form.

The Appeal Court in House of Assembly vs. Hon. Danna had ruled that, they don’t have the power to suspend a fellow member, even for one day.

It is their duty to obey court orders, that is my point. The Appeal Court ruled that, doing so violates the Nigeria Constitution...And the Constitution is superior to any Senate rules, provisions, votes or committee resolution.

The Senate brought this upon themselves by refusing to obey a Court Order...You can be in the profession of making laws while at the same time disobeying the law and valid court orders. If they felt the court order was wrong, they should have obey it, then appeal or ask for a stay and if a stay is not grant amend their internal rules to conform to the court order until a higher court rule otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Attack The Presidency Over Abacha Loot Post on Twitter (Snapshot) / I Have Lost Faith In Nigeria's Democracy - Okorocha / FFK And Dino Hug And Laugh Weeks After Dragging Each Other Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.